Sage 300cloud

Cloud-based business management software

3.9 /5 (152 reviews) Write a Review!
3.9
Patricia C.
Industry: Real Estate

Sage Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

I really enjoy it, other than the "insert" key. I haven't had to call much for support but when I have, they have been very helpful. I need to update to the next version and hope to do that in the near future.

Pros

The ease of use. I also like the importing/exporting factor to excel spreadsheets.

Cons

I HATE having to use the "Insert" button to complete a transaction. I would love to see Sage allow the enter key available to use. I have a Mac at home and Apple has taken the insert button off their keyboards so I am unable to enter Sage transactions from home I have to come to the office to complete entries. You would make my day and many others, I'm sure if we could use the enter key.

Elastol L.
Industry: Philanthropy

The work of SAGE 300 ERP with Me in Lusaka, Zambia

Reviewed on 12/06/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We were trying to address the issue of going green meaning working in a paperless environment.
We benefit in many ways as we had reduced on stationery cost, and work become faster as processes were integrated in the systems.
It still requires improvement and the environment in which it works does not fully support or become compatible with local Vendors.
The advice I would give to others is that they need careful planning so that they only ask for installation of packages suitable for their environment.

Pros

It automates manual work of processing purchase orders and eliminates physical postage of paper documents to third party (Suppliers). It integrates separate pieces of transactions into one, making work easy and shorten the overall time spent on processing one simple transaction e.g. Purchase requisition is generated by someone else then converted into a purchase order without altering many details. The system is able to make basic or advanced calculations of cost and taxes hence eliminating the burden of errors and omissions.

Cons

It is somehow expensive to run as it requires a perpetual subscription to be made. It is a system that cannot just be installed on the PC for a lifetime.
Room for improvement is still available because it has a lot of steps (clicking is too much).

We could not achieve the go-green aim as most of the time we were printing out physical copies of contracts as the environment in which we used the system did not have many vendors connected to the internet.

Angele N.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Sage- Manage your inventory

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

At first we had to be trained and it took a couple of days to get savvy on this and that is normal. This product was quite helpful during the stock taking process as we now had the ability to see what our usage was like and took a really short time, which normally would have taken a couple of days to complete. It also assist us in the Procurement process. We are able to manage our spending more efficiently.

Pros

We use this software to manage our inventory. We have totally happy with this as the different departments which are not in the same area, can order, approve and have our Stores Department deliver with no hiccups. It also advises when items need to be reordered. Our Stock taking process and audit is so much more efficient with this software.

Cons

I would say that we do not have much issues other that you need to have the correct name of the item you are ordering. Once you become familiar with your stock it is much more manageable.

David W.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Full Ledger Accounting Package

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

I work in the IT Industry and I've worked at a company that sold Sage Products to multiple customers. Sage300 is a great system for workplaces that need a Full Ledger accounting package. It is sold in the standard modular state, if you need a feature, you buy it and add it on. AR, AP, GL, Bank Reconciliation, etc. It can integrate with multiple database solutions if I recall. They started out producing for Pervasive SQL, but I think you can get it for MSSQL now too.

A bit of a learning curve to get used to it. One of the nice features is the security of it. You can limit any user's rights to a very fine level.

Pros

Modular, great security, solid product. Fantastic support from the manufacturer.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve for both use and administration.

Robert C.
Industry: Hospitality

SAGE 300

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

Generally happy with Sage. Support has been good and our SAGE partner is knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

Some areas of the software are easy to use while others not so much. We require a lot of add-ins to get the full functionality of what we need, there by significantly increasing our cost. Core SAGE does require a lot of work arounds depending on your needs. Reporting is good, some of it could be improved, but generally happy with reporting.

Cons

Not extremely user friendly, but is better than some software. While reporting is stated as good, many customized reports are required.

Judith S.

How Sage 300 Help us in Daily basis

Reviewed on 12/09/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Sage 300 can improve its integration process with Microsoft products as well as Procore

Pros

Reporting tool help us to understand day by day how is our company working. With business intelligence we can explain to our principals how their investment in working. The tax reporting calculates directly in the currency source doing very easy our account work

Cons

Sometimes when we try to edit data the program tends to be so slow that makes terrible do our simple job. When you try to get support from the support team, the process is archaic and not effective.

Stephen P.
Industry: Retail

Sage 300 epr

Reviewed on 14/03/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

An advanced software that any account must have in the business

Pros

Sage was recommended to once implemented it was easy to use from day one. Fast and simple to use. clear useful data which instantly made a positive impact on our business. it saved us time and money within its first month of use brilliant software a must-have for any company.

Cons

Sage is too complicated to both install and set up we have to get an outside company set up and install apart from this additional cost everything else was perfect.

Carol F.
Industry: Automotive

Proven Reliability Over The Years

We are very happy with Sage 300

Pros

We have used Sage since 1996 and have been part of and used most of the upgrades throughout the years.
Realiability comes to mind and the ease of the overall upgrade process.

Cons

The only aspect of the software was in the issuance of reports that can be considered one-time only printing. With the last few upgrades, I noticed that this has now been removed for most of the reports which is great for historical ease of reference.

Industry: Computer Software
Company size: Self Employed

Sage 300Cloud review

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

Pros

Pros: Solid audit trail, Easy to use, Reliable business logic

Cons

Virtually No capability of exporting Master Data (Customer, Vendor, Items) to Excel
Virtually No capability to import transactions (Orders, Purchase Orders, Invoice, Payment, etc) from Excel.
Not enough default report (Most of the reports are there from Accpac DOS!!!!, where there was no capability to store the data more than 1 year.)
Frequent price increase (Netsuite is cheaper than Sage 300)

Don H.
Industry: Wholesale

Sage 300 Review

Reviewed on 18/05/2020

Pros

Easy of use with numerous business types.

Cons

Changes are needed to save time in data input. The software should retain the vendor code when entering invoices in accounts payable. You have to reenter the vendor code each time a group of invoices are entered for the same vendor. You are only able to pay 14 invoices to a single vendor with one check.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Samantha Z.
Industry: Oil & Energy

User Since 2012

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Pros

I like the interface of the software that makes it easy for the person inputting information to navigate the screens.

Cons

If I am both an approver and an data entry employee I can approve my own GL, AP, etc entries. This has proven to be an internal control issue when our auditors are documenting our systems and controls.

Arek S.
Industry: Oil & Energy
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

The Perfect ERP

Reviewed on 7/05/2020

Pros

I like how it makes the entire business cycle seamless. It is also really good at integrating with many available options.

Cons

It can take a while to learn the various aspects of the program, but once you do it is amazing.

Kristina F.

Accounting perspective

na

Pros

It is pretty easy to use, good for vendor and customer reports

Cons

cannot print invoices out of sage, should be able to reprint a check even if it is posted

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Chelsey S.
Industry: Food Production

K&R

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

Pros

pretty easy to use once you learn it, easy to drill down to info required

Cons

Very difficult to change yearend, very difficult to fix mistakes, do not like I have to deal with an agent for the software

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Hospitality
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Software

Reviewed on 1/02/2019

Great Reporting and excellent Customer Service with Acumen.

Pros

I love the intelliegence Reporting. And the ease of the reconciling Bank Statements, and making Journal Entries.

Cons

It took my team a little bit of times feeling comfortable with the system at first. They had been using the same software for several years and did not want to change.

Kristaps K.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

More functions

Reviewed on 8/05/2020

Pros

Simple interface and easy to navigate. Could make some of the functionality of AP and AR more seamless.

Cons

Needs more functions to support paperless payables.

Molly M.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Good!

Overall good product

Pros

Easy and simple to use. It is functional and meets all requirement of our needs.

Cons

It seems the Licence renew price increase every year.

Industry: Computer Software

Okay accounting software but terrible for process manufacturing.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017

Accounting management system.

Pros

Consistency across most modules. Sage Intelligence was helpful as well as some plugin reporting features.

Cons

Lot management was an add-on feature that did not integrate fully. Cost management was unwieldy. Manufacturing is only for discrete manufacturing but was sold to a process manufacturing company.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Philippe M.
Industry: Financial Services

Sage 300 - Best choice

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Pros

Strong software multicurrency functionalities

Cons

High Priced for current my deserved marketplace

Linda F.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Sage 300 for Manufacturing

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

Overall we are satisfied, and we have much more functionality than with our previous software.

Pros

We upgraded from Sage 50 to Sage 300 and happy we are now able to have lot control for our manufactured goods. Love the ease in finding any information required. Search works very well.

Cons

Took some getting use to regarding batches, the learning curve is longer than expected

Sasha H.

Sage 300 promised much at the point of sale; but Sage 300 did not deliver.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017

Pros

Sage 300 had extensive reporting tools, which could be exported into Microsoft Excel and manipulated.

Cons

I least liked the fact that we had to go through a consultant to make just about any changes to our invoices/statements. It was not very user friendly or intuitive.

Magdalene I.

SAGE 300 ERP Efficiency

Reviewed on 20/01/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I began using SAGE 300 ERP to start a project that was just being implemented. I had to build a chart of accounts and record numerous transactions. I was able to do this task with this one particular software.

Pros

The pricing structure is very interesting and attractive and I liked the fact that I was able to design the financial reports based on the company/personal needs in the intelligent reporting module.

Cons

It was not very user-friendly when I tried to export the Accounts Payable report to Excel. I had to save as a CVS file then copy and paste the columns that I needed, which made it a bit tedious. I had to run the intelligence report again from the beginning because new entries were posted. I was not able to edit anymore once I posted the entries so I had to make a reverse entry.

Misti M.

Mediocre

Reviewed on 2/04/2018

Pros

Easy for companies that do a lot of mass hiring or contractors. Great for multiple managers and multiple jobs. Approval of time for hourly employees is easy.

Cons

The various ways you can get lost in the system without even realizing where you are. It did not feel like there was defined roles.

Tate P.

Inability of Sage 300 to do what Sage 200 did

Reviewed on 30/10/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We are nearing the end of a migration of our accounting package from Sage 200 to Sage 300. Our business requires us to put detailed descriptions in our purchase orders. The native field in Sage 300 only accommodates 60 characters; we need at least 130 characters in the field. We are told that we must purchase a third party program (nearly plus annual maintenance costs) in order to do in Sage 300 what we used to do in Sage 200. This is not providing good value.

Pros

Nice graphic user interface. Reasonable level of transactional capability, although the native version is weak on analytical capability.

Cons

Inability to provide same features as Sage 200. Substantial differences for the same functions. Seems to be from a different company.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Bernard L.
Industry: Biotechnology

Sage 300 Review

Reviewed on 7/05/2020

Pros

Very user friendly compared to other products

Cons

Very poor customer support by Sage. We need to rely on third party support.