Sage 100

3.9/5
3.8/5
3.7/5

• Industry: Medical Practice

Easy and clear for your bookkeeping needs

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

I quite like the software and would recommend. I also use Quickbooks, but Sage suits me much better.

Pros

Really easy to understand and get up and running. Simple workflows and very easy to see the underlying transactions .
Adjustments and corrections are a breeze.

Cons

Only issue I have is with electronic file transfers for payments to my bank. Sage keeps sequential files numbers for each of the different payment types (eg. Payroll and Suppliers), but my bank requires the numbers to be sequential overall. Each time I have to adjust the file number to the proper number so my bank does not reject it.
Online support and training material is adequate, but if you need a real person support is limited - hard to get any response and often need to pay.

Johanes
  • Industry: Machinery

Sage 100 - My Review

Reviewed on 7/05/2020

It's good, but your Sage Reporting and what else so confusing, it must have this and that license it ended up adding money which total subscription is not viable for small business pricing but medium or larger business. so we use barebones as what we have now.

Pros

Easy for user especially modules which is showing step by step

Cons

to add module costs lots of money, does not make sense for small business like our Company, your pricing is comparable for medium or large business pricing

SAP Customer Experience

no plan to find alternative yet due to covid-19 business environment
Elizabeth
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy to Use but Lacks Features

Reviewed on 6/09/2019

It was quickly apparent that Sage was not a good fit for my company even though it was easy to figure out and integrated with many PSAs that I was considering at the time, I just wasn't able to use the US version for what I needed.

Pros

Easy to use overall. Simple to navigate, the interface is intuitive, and it is easy to reach customer service. Integrates with many PSAs.

Cons

Lacks basic features (such as recurring invoices and expenses) that most other options in this field offer.

This only applies to the US version of this software. The UK version appears to be much more fleshed out.

FreshBooks, QuickBooks Online and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Sage 100

Zoho Books had some quirks that I found to be frustrating.

Zoho Books

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

I did not end up using Sage due to the aforementioned issues and lack of features. I went through the trial but in the end decided it wasn't a good fit.
Shivali
  • Industry: Accounting

I use it daily... I couldnt be without it

Reviewed on 17/03/2021

I enjoy its capabilities.

I enjoy its capabilities.

Pros

Being able to lock data in a time frame. And the bank reconciliation.

Cons

A little more expensive compared to other products. But this is ok considering its features being specific to accounting profession.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

Stability of the system. And the internal audit and control functions.
Krystle

The All In One Accounting App

Reviewed on 8/12/2023

Pros

I do a lot of financial reporting and I
find that the reporting options are excellent. I’m able to create reports quickly and easily for all accounting needs.

Cons

It’s a small con but the overall look of the application could be better.

Tracey
Tracey
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Pay for everything

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

Pros

Nothing - we used to but they they monetized everything

Cons

Don’t buy unless you plan to have every area monetized. We bought the program years ago then they updated us without consent to subscription. Since then it’s every little thing costs.

Anneliese

Sage 100c at the Non-Profit

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

I have used Sage for over 20 years and I am very impressed with how the system has evolved with the change in technology. As a new user it was easy to navigate and as an experienced user there is always more to explore.

Pros

Sage 100c is a user friendly software that integrates the accounting software and warehouse management. The integration helps with productivity and work flow. The partner software is well designed and helps with each module.

Cons

The base system needs to be customized at a cost.

Long time user, fed up with huge price increases. Subscription based accounting with...

Reviewed on 3/07/2018

Back in 2005 it was the only mid level accounting system out there. Today there are just too many other options without being held hostage to price gouging.

Pros

The way it can handle inventory and pick,pack ship. Used to include a great Payroll program but now that is an add on.

Cons

Huge price increases year after year for just the license. Then you have to hire a software programmer to even do the smallest of task. Or even more money to fix a simple data entry error.

• Industry: Medical Devices

Works well for a small business

Reviewed on 9/05/2022

Pros

This product works well and requires only basic user training.
Good ERP for the price.

Cons

You only get 5 total support tickets included in the cost.
Advanced setup and reports are nearly impossible without a consultant.
You have to go through a reseller to purcahase the software.

Sage Review

Reviewed on 10/11/2023

Pros

It is very easy to go back & see when & what I purchased regarding my purchase orders.

Cons

Sometimes it kicks me out & the only way to get back in is to restart my computer.

James
  • Industry: Automotive

Great software for a small growing business

Reviewed on 8/05/2020

There have been some nice improvements in the 18 years we have been using Sage 100/MAS90. It is not cheap, but gets the job done. They must continue to use customer feedback to make the right improvements to the software and not change features users heavily rely on.

Pros

Customer service has been great. They do everything they can to help resolve issues. Sage’s scalability has allowed the software to grow along with our needs. 3rd Party software works best if has partnered with Sage to get updates that allow for testing prior to a new update being released.

Cons

It seems that along with some enhancements you get when upgrading, you may lose some functionality such as when printing travelers that now require more steps to complete. Custom reports and integrations can be costly because a Sage reseller is needed for support.

Craig
  • Industry: Accounting

SAGE 100 is a Winner

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

Overall, Sage has helped with running our business and keeping everything straight - I would say my (our) experience with Sage has been a positive one.

Pros

It is a very robust package of modules - each module is for a specific task - general ledger, AP, AR, Inventory, etc. Once you have your company setup you assign your staff to be responsible for one of the modules and they become the expert in the module. All modules are integrated with the other modules so there is no need to upload and run sync programs - it is all done for you.

Cons

Sometimes the modules are not as intuitive as other modules - I can only guess different software designers designed different modules and therefore the nuances of writing logical code differ from individual to individual. This makes more a bit of discontinuity across the modules. Somethings a module will crash due to some parameter not having a specific number or letter in the database (don't even know how that would happen!) and you cannot diagnose it yourself - you have to call customer service. It will cost you money if you don't have a CS plan and chew up at least an hour of your time. However, in fairness it does not happen too often.

Chris
  • Industry: Warehousing

Sage 100 Review

Reviewed on 7/05/2020

We have been able to grow our company and the suite has been able to support this with enough customization and scalability.

Pros

We have been using the Sage ERP Suite for over 10 years and it has been very reliable with only a few issues along the way. In there new releases they have mitigated the issues we have run into. We have been able to customize quite a bit to make it more streamlined for our users.

Cons

Payroll we had some issues with and moved to another solution.

NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

Convenience and product familiarity.
RHONDA
  • Industry: Printing

I don't have cloud just Sage 100

Reviewed on 7/05/2020

I don't have Sage 100 cloud?

I don't have Sage 100 cloud?

Pros

The support people were excellent to work with and made our transition in 2012 as easy as a new installation could ever get. I also like that all the areas are similar, so if you know Order Entry you can translate that knowledge to say Purchasing.

Cons

When i go to create custom reports there are databases with the last three letters WRK. It would be great to have access to those databases; i realize they are a combination of existing databases but they have everything i usually need for a custom report.
The bug in the current software update where you can't close the ship-to-address box in the right corner is annoying.

• Industry: Environmental Services

Many features, Poor execution

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

Many bells and whistles but too complicated for most users.

Many bells and whistles but too complicated for most users.

Pros

The production management module helps us keep track of all inventoried products and our built product. It can be easy to use if you know what you are doing. Being able to have different dates used per module is useful when you are able to use them properly.

Cons

There is a lot of background "stuff" that happens without you knowing. Also, unless you notice a discrepancy, the software will not tell you about it. We have had to rebuild the sort files in order to have the proper inventory show up. The software also gives errors often which requires you to redo the work you completed

Denyse
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Moderately ok ERP

Reviewed on 7/05/2020

Having been administrators for multiple ERP systems, I found Sage 100cloud to be an entry-level ERP system with limited functionality for a company our size. It might have been ok when they first started with this ERP system, but the technology was too old compared to other systems and common sense functionality was not applied (for example, to change a bin location in inventory, a warehouse person would have to access the inventory maintenance screen whereby they could change costs or pricing or more; bin location changes should occur as a transaction record outside of the inventory maintenance screen).

Pros

Sage100c was relatively intuitive to use.

Cons

Data integrity was an issue. Our VAR was excellent but even when they couldn't assist and I had to contact Sage direct for assistance, even they struggled to resolve the data issue (in one case it had to do with correcting average costs on an item held in multiple warehouses).

Ross
  • Industry: Wholesale

SAGE 100C - robust solution

Reviewed on 8/05/2020

Stable, well-built product with good interface and functionality. Good 3rd party customer support. Recent better pricing.

Pros

Complete end to end ERP solution with robust modules scaled for massive implementations - now fairly priced for smaller companies without the loss of functionality.

Cons

It is a full featured product that is clearly designed for large organizations with dozens of users. In a small company it is a bit burdensome as there are no quick transactions or shortcuts. The Crystal reporting suite is also full function - but it takes a true Crystal expert to easily create reports. There is no ability to quickly create an ad hoc report, and unless Crystal is your second language, it often takes too long to build a report for a single use.

Mary
  • Industry: Building Materials

Easy to teach new employees

Reviewed on 7/05/2020

The payroll program works very well with our time clock program. The AP and AR modules are easy to navigate.

Pros

Our program is very customized to our specific needs. We have several different price levels based on customer pricing and species pricing (for which type of lumber is used). It is very easy to teach new employees the proper procedures with this software.

Cons

For some reason, the program shuts down on its own. I've been told it's "because the user is clicking too often, which then confuses the software so it shuts down."

Jim

Simple to use, yet an accurate accounting tool

Reviewed on 28/02/2017

We are a mid size property management company located on the Northshore of Massachusetts. Our condominium client list is a composition of business and residential complexes. The Sage product gives us the flexibility to manage the day to day account activity, along with the accountability and flexibility to oversee the billing aspects which occur as a result of the various service request we receive daily. Our staff consist of management professions, account and billing personnel. Everyone in our organization has exposure to the Sage product even our administrative staff, who are often required to utilize the Sage product to verify client billing and invoices. It is a simple yet effective accounting and administrative product that works well for a company of our size.

Pros

Effective, yet simple to understand and utilize

Cons

Doesn't have the fancy looking categories. It's just plain and simple

Victoria
  • Industry: Media Production

Good, could be better

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

N/A

N/A

Pros

Themes capability is cool. Should be more available.

Cons

Job Cost lack of features. A/P not intuitive, e.g. voiding checks.

Brenda
  • Industry: Machinery

Sage 100Cloud

Reviewed on 8/05/2020

Sage is a good product with an excellent support staff.

Sage is a good product with an excellent support staff.

Pros

The product walks you through most of the modules with ease. It allows me to give ownership to the departments that work their modules and monitor their progress. Thankful for Sage University, bundling the training so that individuals get a better feel of what their use of Sage effects within the whole organization.

Cons

The number of redundant stops in updating. The lack of ability to reopen completed items like sales orders and work orders. The inability to utilize recurring invoicing through AR, as it does not have the capability of tying out the ship to address with sales tax.

Brett
  • Industry: Wholesale

10+ Years of Sage in a mid-size manufacturing / distro environment

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

Sage has worked well for us for almost 10 years however as the company grows we find that we are "outgrowing" Sage and it can't keep up with our workload.

Pros

Sage is old and the core functionality is solid. It "just works" for most smaller companies

Cons

Sage really isn't intended for large / complicated environments. Once you've gone above 50 simultaneous users and add third party integrations for taxing, credit cards, warehouse management, etc... you'll notice lag in the system regardless of the hardware resources assigned to it.

Nicole

LOVE Sage 50!

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Pros

- User Friendly
- Easy To Use
- Simple To Understand

Cons

- N/A ..... I literally love everything!

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

- Reviews
Denise

Why I like Sage

Reviewed on 7/05/2020

Pros

I like how easy it is to get the information that I need when I need it. Reports are easy to read and understand. It is very easy to maneuver around.

Cons

Before we upgraded to a newer version I liked the way my reports printed off. Some of the reports went to landscape and some stayed portrait. With it doing that some of my reports are more pages.

Avinash

Professional Layout

Reviewed on 7/08/2021

I have been able to access sage online from anywhere around the world and have instant access to my inventory and sales just a click away

Pros

I really liked the way sage classifies their segments as icons so as to easily identity the functions that you are looking for. The Layout has been carefully thought to be both simple but quite professional.

Cons

The software can become pricy as many features as only available as options which increases the cost of the operating software especially if you are a start-up company.