ESET Endpoint Security

Network security, network monitoring & endpoint protection

4.5/5
4.6/5
4.5/5
4.4/5

Gabriella N.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Works well whether entry-level or high performance

Reviewed on 21/02/2021

Having used ESET for about seven years there are definitely more pros than cons.

Pros

I have used ESET for about 7 years back and forth and at times together with another antivirus. When I first started with ESET it did a really good job, my laptop was not performing well, I installed it and managed to remove over 20 malicious software.
I like how it works well on different computer systems, be it entry-level or high performance. I am currently running it on an i5 processor with 8 GBs of RAM and it works well. It uses low computing power and it does not slow down my computer.
I like the ESET splash screen that shows up on computer startup, it's interesting how it's changed over the years. The splash screen has a clean and premium feel to it and it makes using ESET thus much more pleasant. The splash screen simply shows up and automatically disappears, making starting up pleasant and not long especially when compared to other programs where a complete window opens up which then has to be closed.
I have also used it on an entry-level computer with a Celeron processor and 4 GBs of RAM. It worked well, and I still saw the above pros, and most importantly I was able to scan my computer and have it free of malware.

Cons

I do not have much against ESET, it works well, except that scan times are lengthy, but this is related to file sizes that I have on my machine and in any case, I found it to still be quicker than other programs.
There is a price point to ESET and even though it works well there are other anti-virus programs with a free plan that compete strongly with it.

Constantin A.

Eset view

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Pros

Harmful websites blocking,
Protection against dangerous or infected devices,
Auto update,
Lower size

Cons

A little bit expensive,
Unable to remove some virus ( for example the one that hides files on USB flash drive),
Too much parallel keys exist on the webs
Unable to fight ransonwares (I was infected by a ransonware though there was Eset active on my computer)

Mark S.

Solid endpoint solution for less

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

Excellent, since we have tested new products with additional new features but when we got it, we definitely felt it was the best out there.

Pros

When we were looking for new endpoint solution, we knew there is so many out there and they are all relatively pushy when talking to their sales people. We went through the normal process with Eset and found the pricing mixed with the easy to use reporting and alerting features were better than anything else we tried to that point, overall great decision and very happy with our choice when we moved over.

Cons

Honestly not a ton of dislikes here, everything did exactly what we hoped for it to do, so not much here.

SecureAnywhere and Bitdefender GravityZone

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Got offered to potentially work with and use and the reporting and alerts features I really enjoyed the ease of overall use.

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

A mix of the great pricing and reporting and great conversations with the sales rep lead us to make that final decision.
Abinadi R.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Your Security made Easy

Reviewed on 18/09/2020

I use this every day and it works perfectly. I love its simplicity so anyone at home could check for threat however it is still very powerful tool. The frequency of the updates its just fine and I like the fact that I can constantly monitor the events and logs for more details.

Pros

The product is very solid compared to its competitors. The regular updates keep you secure for new security threat and it is very simple to use but still very effective

Cons

I would like to see a more simple integration with some IoT devices and control of the home network. overall is a great product update could more frequent. Include details of the upgrade for people familiar with security terminology

Avast Business Pro Plus

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Symantec was having some vulnerabilities and I was not happy with the gray areas so I made some investigations and decided for ESET Endpoint Security

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

A combination of price and features

Set it and forget it! ESET offers a convenient and effective one stop security solution

Reviewed on 20/04/2018

I haven't lost time or money or business because my computer is protected and I'm not vulnerable to attacks. That's basically an ROI of priceless if you ask me.

Pros

Currently I am using ESET on my work laptop. I am a small freelance business and just have the one computer to protect at the moment. I also purchased another license to install on my parents' computer as they have been very prone to viruses in the past.

Pros
- Set it and forget it - I basically set up this software once to run automatic scans and I haven't had to bother with it much more than that.
- Anti-theft feature - this feature allows you to locate your computer no matter where it is if it gets stolen. Thankfully haven't had to try this feature out, and I hope that I never have to, but it's pretty comforting to know that I have it.
- Parental control - I don't use this, but you can basically set up different profiles for children when they browse the web to block certain sites
- Secure browser for banking and financial websites - ESET launches its own browser when you go to any financial or banking websites. As I understand it, they encrypt everything over this secure browser
- Chock full of other features like personal firewall, email protection, webcam protection, etc
- Automatic prompting when you connect an external drive to scan it.

Cons

Absolutely nothing.

So far I have found ESET to be very easy to use and I haven't come across any negatives. Everything from setting up automatic scans to enabling the anti-theft feature through their website has been super smooth.

No issues with this whatsoever and it's extremely easy to use. Well worth it.

Carlo P.

A powerful, functional and manageable AV system

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

We are able to easily manage ESET from the ESMC console, no matter where the mobile device travels we are able to control it

Pros

The deployment process can be easily streamlined using GPO or the ESMC console. As well as managing any Virus outbreaks or threats centrally

Cons

Can be a pain if there are issues with the central server, or if machines have issues removing previous AV software in order to install ESET

Joseph H.

It just works! I don't have to worry about viruses anymore.

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

It's great, works like it's supposed to.

Pros

ESET helps me not have to worry about computer security. It's simple, works in the background, and doesn't bog my computer down.

Cons

The icon in the taskbar is a little odd, but helpful when I need it, but I rarely need it.

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Too many pop ups and adds in AVG
David G.
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Always be secure

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

Install this, keep updated, and that's all there is to it. Internet and USB threat security is a breeze.

Pros

ESET is light, functional, and up-to-date. I leave the auto-update on in order to be sure I get the latest virus definitions and updates to keep my PC secure. I don't even notice ESET running and the download doesn't affect my network usage either. It just works silently and securely in the background keeping away any fears and headaches. The user interface is pretty straight forward and the graphs gives you the run-thru you need with just a quick glance.

I have not experienced any infection or malware getting away. It has always been scanned and detected by ESET. I think this is pretty good considering that creative work requires me to check websites that can, at times, be within risky domains.

There is also an extension for my Mobile devices. Most happy about the anti-theft feature and the ability to secure my data. I often lose my mobile devices on the field, and ESET gives me the piece of mind that my data cannot be accessed by anyone who picks up what I lost.

Cons

Very rare instances of false positives. Some files downloaded and gets flagged for quarantine. Very rare. Other than that nothing else.

• Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A good Endpoint Security Solution which is lesser known.

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Over all we were very satisfied with Eset Endpoint Security, it is great product for the price.

Pros

Eset Endpoint Security is a relatively light weight software in comparison to other market leading brands. it is quite robust and provides support to legacy operating systems which other solutions have stopped supporting.

Cons

Their Local partner support could improve a bit, other than that no issues were faced. I am very much satisfied with the solution.

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Relatively lower operating costs, being a light weight solution and support of legacy operating systems tilted our decision in favor of Eset Endpoint Security's.
Keith O.

ESET gives me piece of mind. Security is very serious but piece of mind is priceless.

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Pros

How well it stops all kinds of attacks and yet maintains such a small footprint in resources. It does not impact performance of client machines or servers, is not intrusive at all in daily production, and yet protects all of my machines extremely well. It is flexible on custom configurations and is well managed through Remote Administrator. It works well in Business with many features for business and yet is right at home on personal home computers as well. That flexibility makes it easy to recommend not only for large companies but also for family and friends as well. They get the same protection I have at work at home.

Cons

The inability to have Remote Administrator auto update client machines with the latest version of the software. (You can do it manually by setting up tasks but a single auto update task is unavailable) I do understand though that this may be a feature coming soon. (fingers crossed).

Daniel C.

Lightest AV. Big Protection.

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

The biggest benefit was the encryption for my medical and accounting clients that they can encrypt files across flash drives and the NAS that can only be seen by other computers that have the same ESET encryption key. Taking Compliance To The Next Level.

Pros

The Software doesn't Slow Down ANY COMPUTER, but still has all the features. Also it has the best encryption features I have found. I think it is their best selling point that isn't talked about enough.

Cons

Setting it up for resell was really a pain in the butt.

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

For older computer there is nothing better than ESET Endpoint, but they have better encryption compared to everyone.
Aka R.

ESET is a preset for my windows computer

Reviewed on 30/05/2021

Centralized management console provided by ESET is the best factor for any security administrator to manage its clients, firewall control, addon settings, and the ability to see what issues can occur. I would highly reccommend it to anyonone who is looking for a bloat free security software.

Pros

I am a big fan of ESET because it is one of the lightest and most efficient Endpoint protection platform. We use it as a security solution on all our devices to prevent cyber attacks, detect malicious activity, resolve its effects. It provides the highest level of protection possible. The Cross-platform support helps us use it on windows as well as on android. It has proved to be lightweight on our systems.

Cons

There are some loss in features and functions on the ESET Administrator Console after the migration from version 6 to its latest version and also its firewall feature flag some false positives quite often.

Jennifer H.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Set and Forget

Reviewed on 11/09/2018

You cannot do business in today's virtual environment without virus and firewall protection. Before ESET, my organization used another product that was clunky. It seemed I was always having to adjust or click on something.

When we switched to ESET, I couldn't believe the difference. It was so simple to set and forget. With all the file emailing that happens in my line of work, I rely on ESET, knowing it's there helping to protect my computer from viruses and bugs. It's simple to temporarily disable if you need to, but that's only happened to me a few times.

I'm so glad ESET has my back and protects my digital assets around the clock. I'm very happy with the level of protection it gives.

Pros

ESET is simple to set and forget. I appreciate knowing I am protected while not having to hassle with a lot of options in a complicated security program.

Cons

Occasionally I've had to disable the firewall to allow a certain legitimate site, but it's been rare. Usually ESET just works in the background so quietly that I forget it's there.

• Industry: Wholesale
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

ESET is hands down the best AV in my experience.

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

It was set it and forget it. Users were always protected. I had roughly 450 users running ESET NOD32 on our network and over 5 years had only 3 or 4 infiltrations. Each user was an admin of their box. It was something I rarely had to worry about... viruses and malware just didn't get by it.

Pros

I liked the Admin Console for keeping track of users AV compliance. Also the fact that it would update clients first from internal server - if not available - it would look to the ESET update servers on the internet. This was nice for users who with laptops that weren't on VPN all the time. Also the very powerful heuristic protection. I have never seen anything as smart and powerful as ESET NOD32.

Cons

That I was forced to not use it with our new company. I never had any issues with ESET. I do however protect my home computers and recommend it to everyone I discuss AV with.

Jonathan T.

Just works

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

Just sits in the background and helps keep our users safe as part of an overall IT security strategy.

Pros

We have used ESET as a company for over 10 years. Whilst no anti-virus is perfect it does the job for us and our clients.

Cons

There was a recent issue with an expired certificate which required fixes. But support was good and all sorted.

Ahmed A.

I'm used this software more than 5 years ,The protection against viruses and fake sites is...

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Protection from programs that carry viruses as well as protection from suspicious sites. The best thing is to protect me when I log in to my bank account by protecting the security situation in eset

Pros

protection against viruses and fake sites is very high , I wish to add a cloud service to upload personal files and connect them to the program in the PC through a folder in the computer to obtain a high degree of security of personal files important as well as add a key verification service entered in the computer to verify the identity of the person and confirm them and allow him to access the folder (linked to the cloud service) Key protection is displayed and sold in international stores (Amazon, eBay and others).

Cons

Parental surveillance, though important to protect the child from questionable sites. But I do not use it very much.

Wayne D.

Reset security review

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Really great product would recommend to anyone needing internet security.

Pros

Really easy set up for my pc. Runs smoothly with very little to do to keep it working properly. Great product.

Cons

Lots of updates but suppose that should be expected in today's times. Loads of notifications and uses lots af data to update.

Eric B.

Protect yourself with the best!

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

The redesigned ESET Remote Administrator console (6.5) makes managing Macs and Windows machines very easy, there are many times I'll ask a user to update or reboot if there is an issue with Windows updates or ESET functionality.

Pros

ESET has been my go-to anti-virus software and endpoint security for years. Its record of having the greatest protection against zero-day exploits is true. I use it personally at home on my PCs and Macs as well as using it at the company I work at as the enterprise administrator.

Cons

I really don't have a bad thing to say. ESET does a great job protecting machines from today's known threats and tomorrow's coming threats. Our sales teams are constantly opening every attachment they get chasing sales, and until we implemented Mimecast for email protection, ESET was working hard protecting users from themselves!

Nazim S.

ESET NOD 32 experience

Reviewed on 24/12/2020

i use it on my home computer. I have been using it for 11 years. I am very pleased. I had no problem.

Pros

fast and up to date.
protect my computer from viruses and attacks.

Cons

Sometimes scanning or doing when I don't want it. this can be slow.

Ronald S.

10+ years using ESET and became an ESET MSP a few years ago. I now support more than 400 end...

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

Pros

Does not bog down the system like the big name brands.
Excellent attack prevention capabilities and protects from bad websites and poisoned links better than most.
Easy to navigate the interface.
Well designed Remote Administration system.
Documentation is good, and there are some excellent "How To's" that they have available on how to configure the software to protect against things like Ransomware.
Sales team is very responsive to custom requests and any billing type issues I've had, which have been few.

Cons

Support could be better and more responsive. Most times I solve issues with knowledge base or online forums. However, it has gotten much better than it was 5 years ago.

Marvic M.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

From this suite I use the antivirus, which is installed on all the computers of the company.

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

Files with viruses in the network have decreased significantly, it is compatible with Windows.

Pros

The software does not consume much computer resources, it silently checks the connections that may exist between the different antivirus and spyware which keeps us safe, when you connect a USB it is able to realize if the usb is infected or not, check high volume of files online and the network to connect, work very well with outlook that is our email platform, no mail has been lost, if there is an infected email question before deleting it automatically, the software is updated automatically.

Cons

It is a little slow when it makes periodic reviews of disk, it does not detect viruses in files that have two levels of compression, it has notifications approximately every 5 minutes and users complain that they are a bit annoying more than anything when they make presentations.

Ettabaâ Z.
  • Industry: Import & Export

It's easy to use app

Reviewed on 8/05/2021

Pros

How strong it is, it's not a scam it's real app to make your phone or computer clean from viruses.

Cons

Hmmm..., I like at least the design of the app and the tables.

John S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Malware and problem free since day one.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

One of the greatest benefits is PEACE OF MIND. I never have to worry about whether or not E-Set is staying up to date. It is. It does. And it works.

Pros

Simply... it works. No fuss. No Mess. It just works. The software notifies me of suspicious sites, documents, apps, etc. It catches and purges malware. I've been using it since 2004 or 2005 and have never had a problem. I watch others around me using other security software still continue to have problems, yet my family stays virus free.

Cons

Some of the newer security features were less than intuitive for initial use and implementation. Better information on how to integrate them into daily use would be helpful when they roll out.

Richard D.

ESet - Virus Protection

Reviewed on 9/07/2019

Eset has given us piece of mind. In an office with two workers that are very new and unsure of themselves around technology it has given me (the one with the tech knowledge) a new level of comfort that Eset will catch anything untoward in our systems.

Pros

eSet runs quietly in the background and does the things you want virus protection to do. We utilize eSet on 4 different types of computers and have had great success with it.

Cons

Initial set-up had errors revolving around "presentation mode" which is something we don't use or need. We also has some compatibility issues with QuickBooks downloads. However these were minor comparative to the piece of mind we had with the program in place.

Jayme A.

Easy, Secure, Unobtrusive Protection

Reviewed on 5/02/2019

Overall, I have been very happy with ESET and plan to use it for years to come. It is a little more expensive than some other options, but I think it is well worth the price and always feel very secure when I use it.

Pros

I love a number of things about ESET, but I think my favorite thing day to day has to be the password vault. I love that it prompts me to create new passwords, saves them, and auto logs me in to frequently visited sites. I feel much more secure knowing that my passwords are tight and I don't have to go through the hassle of remembering them all. No more password books or sticky notes. I also like how secure I feel online, I have had no issues at all since I switched to ESET.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't much to dislike. I think that some of the settings can be a little hard to find at times, specifically regarding camera permissions on sites, but the customer service has been helpful and if you spend a little time looking, you will find it.