POSIM Retail POS

Point of sale and inventory management for retailers

4.4 /5 (48 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.1
4.1
4.3
Patti H.

Frustration

Frustrating

Pros

I'm not sure. It has been a very frustrating product.

Cons

I am frustrated that I can NOT back date to do a billing cycle or to make necessary adjustments to this program. I will miss my niece's wedding on August 31 of this year as I HAVE to stay home to do my billing ON the 31st!
While I understand your need to control everything about this program, it is very frustrating that my business is open 7 days a week from 7am to 7pm and support is not always available if I get a code that I have to call for. It is too bad we cannot do some things without getting a code to call support.
I really would like the opportunity to back date at times so I do NOT miss family events or even the need to be somewhere else on the end of the month, without having to get my billing done BEFORE midnight or it will print the wrong date and close the period wrong.

Great POS software

Great!

Pros

It is easy to use and train new employees on, yet complex enough to handle a wide variety of business processes and transactions.

Cons

I really wish there was a payment selection method for EBT/Foodstamp transactions. Something that would automatically separate out the food from the general merchandise in a transaction. Then you could run that, and have the general merchandise remain to be paid by other means.

Response from Retail Success

Thanks for the feedback. We are happy that you enjoy working with POSIM. We are familiar with EBT/Foodstamp transactions and will look into the viability of adding this capability to our software. Thank you for your business!

Steven S.

Wonderful Software!

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

We are still very new, but our experience has been very positive! Again, your CS is off the charts wonderful, which is so very important when learning a new system. Everyone is kind and patient. We have had an amazing experience with Posim, and actually showed it off to an Alpaca/retail location here in Kansas, we loved it so much! We would definitely recommend Posim to anyone, and would be happy to do a written endorsement if you should ever need it, or be a phone contact.

Pros

This software, after some initial training, is very user friendly, and very complete. We went with the PRO package with an extra seat, and were very impressed from the outset. The Customer Service was wonderful, easy to understand, and very prompt. We love the system because it is very intuitive. We are thrilled, not only that we selected Posim, but are very happy with the number of reports that can be generated, and the ease of operation. We feel that time is money, and we save a lot of both by utilizing this software. We cannot say enough regarding how happy happy we are!

Cons

That is virtually an impossible question to answer! We have utilized many webinars for support, and have called the support line many times to get questions answered. Honestly, my wife (co-owner) and I have found literally nothing we dislike about this system.

Connie H.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

POSIM Review

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

The thing that negatively impacts us the most is the preferred vendor credit card processing. We feel we are held hostage and are not receiving the most competitive processing fees. There are additional fees for using a non preferred vendor which makes it cost prohibitive. I feel this is ethically wrong.

Pros

POSIM has the most important functionality that we need which is allowing for a database for multiple sales tax percentages based on location.

Cons

This software is easy for long term users. Our summer staff has a harder time with it.

Response from Retail Success

While we are glad you are finding our software solution useful, we do want to address your concerns around credit card processing. We do have a preferred vendor that is owned by our parent company. When you use our processing solution, we waive the gateway fees and provide end-to-end support using an experienced client solutions team. We will reach out to you to review your account and discuss some ways to lower your network fees. Thank you for your comments; we want all our clients to feel comfortable with their purchases and fully understand the rates and fees that may be associated.

Katie M.

Tons of Features

Reviewed on 9/04/2019

I've used POSIM for over 8 years now. It's easy to train on, easy to teach on.

Pros

POSIM makes it easy to track and keep up with inventory, easy reports to run, and literally keeps almost all of my information easily accessible on one place.

Cons

POSIM isn't cheap to buy, and then to have any additional features, it's extremely costly. When only using a fraction of what it can do, it makes it that much harder as a small business to pay for things you need it to do, but that don't come with the package. The add-ons are a bit much considering what we already pay for POSIM, like integrated emails for example.

Response from Retail Success

It's great to hear that POSIM keeps the reports and data you need right at your fingertips. Regarding pricing, we fall pretty much in the middle of the road when it comes to POS systems. While there are additional costs for some features that require integration, we will continue to strive for good value for all of our clients, no matter what features they need or what size company they are. Thank you for the review and for your business!

Dean S.

Multi-Site Limitations

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

Support is great and product is powerful but when it comes to multi-site the company does not seem committed to making a functional product.

Pros

The software is versatile and customizes easily for reports and data in a single location format. However, when in use for multiple sites the software does not provide adequate information in a usable format.

Cons

I am having to use TeamViewer in order to do work at multiple locations. This is not conducive to creating an efficient product management environment. In addition, reports for multiple locations are not functional on any real-time level. Cloud reporting is so slow you might as well have staff at various locations do counts of sales and inventory and fax them to our main office.

Ann M.
  • Industry: Textiles

Functional and Easy to Customize!

Reviewed on 9/04/2019

Pros

I appreciate the functionality and that it has so many options that you can customize for your individual needs. Our customers truly appreciate the rewards program that this software offers for us to keep track of each customers spending.

Cons

Although it may take a while for a tech to contact you back when you call, they are very knowledgeable and always helpful when you have any problems or issues arise.

Response from Retail Success

Thanks for the feedback. We love that you are using our reports to track customer spending and tying that back into your loyalty programs. Well done! As far as call-back times, we strive to return calls as quickly as possible and we do prioritize emergency issues that are impacting business flow. In addition, it is good to know you are getting knowledgable and helpful support. We will do a bit of analysis on our call-back times and see what we can do to keep response times to a minimum. Thank you for your business!

Stephanie B.

POSIM

it has been very good

Pros

We like the searchability and the ability to track inventory

Cons

that I cant pull up a circle graph or a graph type of report, I am a visual person and I think I would really like that kind of a report

Jason S.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

User-friendly, helpful staff and kept up to date

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Pros

We have updated to their latest version from POSIM Premier and we have been very pleased with how easy it is to use. The few times we have had any issues using the software or trying to learn to use its newer features, their support staff has been quick to respond and assist us in a quick lesson or correcting the issue.

Cons

We have experienced very minor issues where typing in credit card numbers resulted in a failed transaction but generally the software has been bulletproof and support was able to resolve the issue quickly.

POSIM POS

Reviewed on 13/04/2019

Generally, when we have a problem that we are trying to solve, POSIM tech support comes up with a solution. For example, a customized report.

Pros

POSIM accurately tracks our inventory and payroll in the store. In addition, it has a number of useful reports for analyzing the business.

Cons

Sometimes, POSIM is behind the big POS solutions in developing applications that can help drive the business.

Roger L.

Lots of good, some very bad

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

I like it for the most part. Billing department is problematic. They ask for a credit card application which has a space on it to allow for the card to be used continuously. Then the billing department continues to send bills and you call them and they want a new form. That form also asks if you want your card kept on file. Very bad system for billing.

Pros

The inventory control system is excellent. Speaking with staff is almost always very helpful.

Cons

The multi store Cloud reporting system is a mess. It's not intuitive. It is not based on an terminology used in POSIM itself. It makes searching for information very difficult if not impossible. One Star.

Debbie C.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

It's ok.

Reviewed on 14/07/2017

Pros

Once you get used to it, it is easy to use and easy to navigate. Somewhat user friendly for those familiar with POS systems.

Cons

Takes some time to be understand where to find information. A challenge to train individuals who are not POS savvy.

Samantha B.
  • Industry: Higher Education

POSIM Saves Lives

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Ok, maybe it doesn't actually save lives, but pretty darn close! We used POSIM Diamond for DECADES, far longer than we should have. We finally needed to upgrade because we were stuck using old technology for our cash registers.

Pros

*Reporting: This is VERY important to us. We need to be incredibly granular with reports, and POSIM has so many options for reporting. I'm always able to massage the data in whatever way I need.

*Cost/Value: POSIM is incredibly inexpensive compared to competitors, even for high-end support and with a ton of registers and locations. At our university, our store, print shop, mail services, computer repair center, and chemistry department all use POSIM in one way or another. It's versatile!

Support: Every time I've had to call support (which is more than I'd like to admit) they have either remoted into our computer and helped us directly or answered questions promptly. One time there was a MAJOR problem (I hadn't done an update when I was supposed to - my fault) and we had lost a bunch of data. It was technically backed up, but the technician actually restored the purchases, which made my life so much easier! It was right in the middle of a busy sale day, and they helped us so quickly.

Cons

A lot of our business has to weasel its way into a POSIM invoice. because the invoice fields are not editable or customizable, we have to use a field called "PO number" for an internal billing number and just accept that's what it is labeled as. We would love to be able to customize fields on customer cards and invoices but that is not available at this time. And really, this is a cosmetic problem, not a functional problem.

Shana F.

Posim Software Works Great for Retailers

Reviewed on 8/08/2019

The only part of Posim that I have not been happy with is the customer service! Once we were open and using the software we had a few learning glitches here and there. When I called customer service for help they were busy every time, so I have to wait for a callback. Some callbacks took an hour or more. When you are with customers and trying to sell products that is unacceptable!!!!!!! If I would tell someone about this software, I would also explain that!!! Posim must need more people in customer service!!!! Hire more people!!!!!

Pros

I loved working with the people that actually helped set up the software and trained us in the use of the software before opening our retail business. This group of tech people was great and very helpful! We learned it pretty quickly and I feel like it the software encompasses a lot! We can do our retail side of things but also take care of things for taxes and so on the other side of retail as well. There is a lot this software can do.

Cons

I still have some trouble figuring out how to print reports I want. For example, I have a lot of books in the system. For restocking, I would like to print out a list of the books in the store so that I can see what has sold to restock. I seem to have trouble getting to the same point every time. It also prints so much with it I don't want. This is probably more me than the software. I just need more training in this area.

Georgia A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great software for POS needs

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

All of the staff at posim we deal with are very professional and courteous. They are very sensitive to issues that affect store operations when we are open.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and easily trained to our staff working at retail storefronts as well as behind the scenes with receiving merchandise. There is a great interface for ecommerce that has worked well for our small online storefront.

Cons

The reporting for multisite is not as robust as we would like. There are occasional issues with store to store transfers. The tech support is very responsive to these issues.

Response from Retail Success

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review - we truly appreciate it! We would like to get a bit more detail about your store transfers. This should be a seamless transaction. We will make sure to have someone from support reach out to you. Thanks for the feedback!

Susan D.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

POSIM EVO review

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

I like having a POS system in lieu of figuring things out manually; however, what I do not like is having to wait to be called back when I have a question or problem. I also don't like having all of the POSIM seminars starting at 11am EST. This means I have to hire an employee to cover my shift during your training if I want to listen to it real time. I was also told when I purchased the system that you would work with me and schedule training etc during non working hours but that never happened.

Pros

The ease of printing labels in the system and tracking customers. My favorite report is the tax report. So much easier to do than manual calculations!

Cons

A lot of the features are not intuitive and require several steps. Reports are not easy to do such as a birthday list of clients.

Tina M.

POSIM Reveiw

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

We went from a no point of sale system to POSIM and it has done wonders for our business. It has actually cut back our spending and the accounting part has cut back my expenses with my books.

Pros

The software is so easy to use. Even our computer challenged employees have been able to learn the program without too much frustration and the support from POSIM is great.

Cons

The most frustrating thing for us has not really been POSIM's fault, when microsoft does an update we will have issues with the printers but that is not POSIM's fault. However they are always there to help when you need them.

Connie E.

POSIM Review

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

Overall, the experience is very positive. I would choose POSIM again. The customer service is excellent, and the program works well for my business. I haven't utilized all of the functions - need to do that!

Pros

My customers and I really appreciate the ability to maintain a purchase history.

Cons

While it's been a while ago, I didn't realize that an upgrade to a different program (Java) was not compatible with POSIM. I quickly learned after I lost all of my customer data and inventory records. I'm now backing up daily to avoid another mishap....

Posim EVO

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Overall, we consider it the best in its price class and won't be changing. We've been using Posim for 20+ years.

Pros

It has plenty of issues, and it's nearly impossible to get a feature request implemented, however, for a retail entity with a large inventory, it the best in its price class.

Cons

Sometimes glitchy and overall not easy to train new employees.

Susan G.

Posim Review

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

I have taken advantage of the different trainings offered by POSIM and appreciate these refresher courses.

Pros

POSIM support is wonderful. Although we seldom has issues, we know we can always depends on the Posim support team to quickly identify the issue and resolve the problem.
Also, POSIM is very easy to learn. We have a high turnover of volunteers in our shop and are continually needing to train new volunteers.

Cons

I honestly can not think of anything that I don't like about the software.

Megan G.

Posim POS

Reviewed on 19/04/2019

Pros

How detailed you can be with the products that you have

Cons

The set up takes awhile but the staff is great to help you

Shane C.

POSIM For Retail

Reviewed on 11/04/2019

Not worth the money invested into the system have had problems over and over especially with website linker issues as well as corrupt data with product descriptions changing on their own

Pros

I like the automatic reorder functions and the front end sales use of the system

Cons

It is an extremely expensive system that would be great for a warehouse or distribution center that doubles with retail but its too much for just a typical retail environment

Michael L.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Insights

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

With thousands of Sku's and a lot of customers to keep track of, reliable POS software is a must to run a business smoothly, efficiently, and profitably.

Pros

We have been using this software in our LBMH business for 20+ years and have found it to be reliable, and the best choice for a business using the Mac platform. Once we got used to EVO we feel it is the best version so far. Very good search options, and customizable. Very good looking screens and easy on the eyes. Lots of good reporting features both standard and customizable. Overall a solid software system. We carry about 4,000 Sku's and EVO handles the inventory management easily. The PO Wizard is my favorite which saves me hours and hours of time and is very accurate. Customer service is aways willing to help if any problems do arise.

We use POSIM on two sales registers and two management stations.

Cons

Need a signature pad for signed charge invoices to be attached directly to customer cards. End of the month statements, with signatures, should be able to be printed directly out of POSIM. This is a standard feature offered by most other software systems.

Allow all fields on the Inventory card to be customized and a formula added.

Allow invoices printed on 8x11 paper to print single line to save paper on the original and the customer copy. It already does the customer copy like that.

Jon Z.

An Old Diamond User

Reviewed on 8/08/2019

Satisfied. I wish tech support did not take 1/2 day to get back.

Pros

It is a roll-a-dex setup. Mentally it works. The reports are the power of POSIM if the categories and Misc. categories are set up correctly.

Works great with Apple computers.

Cons

I'd like tutorials on all of the stock reports. Especially ROI.

Diana S.

Best of the POS I have used

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

Pros

This sofeware is the best of the POS software I have used in the past. It works well for the type of product we sell and in the single location we have. It allows me to track inventory pretty well and generate reports in different configurations. It is pretty simple to teach to sales people.

Cons

We have our POS set up on Ethernet and on WiFi. If our internet goes down, so does POSIM. Frequently when this happens IP addresses change and it is an ordeal getting everything right again, including connecting to the chip readers. Tech support is good about helping restore things, even after hours but I pay extra for this and wish I did not have to use it so much.