Online OCR

OCR tool that scans PDFs to convert into editable formats

5 /5 (7 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.7
4.9
Tayyab S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Convert Image to Text Efficiently

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 22/07/2020

This is very helpful in my data entry tasks and provides me the quick results at once. I am working on a portal in which I have to convert the image text into editable text and Online OCR converts this hard-working into smart working.

Pros

Online OCR is one of the best tools to convert Images/PDF to editable text without any extra effort. It allows you to drag and drop your file or image in a given area and boom. The tool can efficiently work with multiple formats and convert them within no time easily and efficiently. It supports all types of formats as well such as JPG, BMP, TIFF, GIF.

Cons

There are multiple of the best things of Online OCR but it can not deliver 100% accurate results. There is possibility of errors and omissions that's why you need proofreading after conversion.

Industry: E-Learning
Company size: Self Employed

It is easy to use and friendly interface

Reviewed on 21/04/2020

It helps me a lot, Highly Recommended. It converts my documents in no time and it is free.

Pros

I loved this because of his simple interface and it converts the every word in image including lines too.
The features I liked the most is that you can retrieve your text file in MS word.

Cons

As far I used it I didn't find any difficulty or problem in using it.

Caroline A.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

OCR Feature saves my time

Reviewed on 23/04/2019

Highly recommended. It is a free tool that saves my time. No need to write the whole document from scratch again.

Pros

I like it because I use scanned documents a lot so it saves my time as it recognizes the text written in my scanned documents so there is no need to write it from scratch. Also, I can convert it to any format I want. I just upload my scanned document, select the language and output format and the last step I click on convert.

Cons

I didn't experience any problem while using Online OCR.

Industry: Education Management

Easy to Use

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 20/02/2019

I have not had any troubles converting documents using this software. It's been the best software that I have used thus far.

Pros

Often times I have to convert a pdf to a Word document. This was the best software I have found on the web! Converts most of the time without glitches.

Cons

There really isn't anything I have found that I don't like about this software.

Carmen L.
Industry: Translation & Localisation

Perfect for images

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

It helps me a lot, making editable documents for me.

Pros

Almost always converts images into text. Very useful when I receive a photo of a document to translate

Cons

It doesn't have any con. You can even get the conversion free if the document is only one page long.

Remus S.
Industry: Education Management

A good tool!

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 30/12/2018

Pros

Online OCR features a minimalist interface and offers an efficient tool, which does its job well. As far as English is concerned, it can extract text from PDFs and images accurately. You are even offered a preview of the result along with the file download button.

Cons

I tried to convert from another language and the result was good with minor inaccuracies such as letters having a different font style from the rest of the text. It is also worth noting that the tool is free, but to enjoy it completely you have to register.

Daniella M.
Industry: Higher Education

Free OCR Tool

Reviewed on 19/05/2019

It helps me to convert my scanned documents to word document in no time. Highly recommended and it is free.

Pros

Online OCR helps me to convert my scanned documents to text files. I just pick the language of my document and the type of file that I want it to be converted to.

Cons

Actually I didn't face any issue with online OCR before.