YArooms

Meeting room booking and scheduling

4.5 /5 (35 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.4
4.5
4.6
4.4
Sergiu P.
Industry: Media Production

Does the job it's suppose to do!

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

I'm using YArooms to juggle with 3 meeting rooms in our co-working space, especially helpful when you have limited hardware access and now we know to which room the projector/tv/etc is allocated.

Pros

It helps us manage 3 meeting rooms in our co-working space and helps us share hardware resources.

Cons

It's packed with features, sometimes overwhelming the UI

Julian S.
Industry: Music

Great help to manage rehearsal, concerts and room rentals

Reviewed on 30/05/2020

Facilitates our room management and helps to reduce frictions due to doublebooking

Pros

Clear and easy to use structure. Fast input of bookings, easy expandable resources, good overview. Good access privileges management

Cons

not yet accessible on mobile phones, but you are already working on it. Good job.

Sosy M.
Industry: Biotechnology

There are way better and way cheaper products out there.

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Pros

It is user friendly and easy to figure out.

Cons

The site is incredibly buggy and painfully slow. There is also no customer support phone number or email, so you have to submit a request for help and then eventually a support rep emails you. The support reps are always nice through email, but when we use this system for booking all of our lab equipment and rooms, we need faster support.

Response from Yarooms

Hello Sosy,

Thank you for your feed-back. We have indeed a contact form on our website for formal inquiries, however, paying customers (and users during the free trial) should use the live chat option in order to reach us directly and instantaneously. You need to click the ? button in the upper right corner of your YArooms screen and this will open a pop-up window where you will get assistance from our support team.

In addition to this, every new account is assigned an account officer upon creation and you can contact yours directly by replying to the email you received after activation of your YArooms account.

I hope this will improve your experience in the future.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Courtney J.
Industry: Facilities Services

Very helpful at multi-use building.

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

I work at a building that is home to several small/start-up companies who alternately need our shared conference spaces. YAROOMS has been a great solution for our building. People at varying levels of computer savvy-ness have been able to use this with no problems - the calendars are very straightforward. On occasion, people will have issues booking new meetings on our door iPads which run the tablet app, but this may be more of a tablet & user issue. (Some examples from our version of the app: you just type over the generic title "Meeting" to re-name; adjusting the start & end times on new bookings is hard for those who cannot see small numbers.) Overall these issues are very minor, and immediately fixable. We like YAROOMS.

Pros

YAROOMS is pretty easy and intuitive to use for people at all "tech levels"! (This goes for both the website and the tablet app.)

Cons

On the iPad "YAROOMS Door" app, sometimes people at my building have difficulty changing the time when booking new meetings.

Response from Yarooms

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for your review.

We keep our apps updated, to make sure that our users have the best experience with our system. Your feedback is welcome and important for our future improvement works.

Emil M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great Product for meeting room management and room digital signage

Meeting room management
Resource management
Room Digital signage

Pros

I love the ease of use and the fact that the ergonomy of the product made it so easy to drive adoption in the organization. We are not a big company but any kind of new software that needs to be implemented and adopted came with its own hurdles. With YArooms it just went great.

Cons

There is no monthly plan, only yearly ones. It is true that there is also a solution to pay only by the amount of usage, but having a lot of meetings makes it inefficient economically.

Response from Yarooms

Hi Emil,

Thank you for your review.

The great advantage of the annually prepaid subscriptions, is that they can be close at any time the customer needs, and a refund will be issued for the remaining balance.

Amber H.
Industry: Design

Takes the guess work out of booking rooms

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Pros

I love that it is easy to book a room, know what is available and how long you can stay! It also takes away the awkward conversation of kicking someone out of a room. You check in and when you do the person currently in the room knows to leave. OR! Even better, if there is no one after you, you can extend your time! I love how easy and intuitive it is! It doesn't allow people to take up a room for an entire day and allows you to always get the time you need.

Cons

I think the online booking platform could be improved. It is a lot of scrolling and click to find the rooms and times that you need. Just making it that much easier to use and see what is available.

Response from Yarooms

Thank you for the review, Amber. We are happy you are enjoying YAROOMS. To have a broader oversight of meetings and rooms, you can switch from daily to weekly or monthly views.

Jonathan H.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications

How to make life a dodle

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Being in total control of ALL room bookings across 21 Interview rooms and 4 Meeting rooms and 1 Conference room has made life so much easier, Being able to use a system with times in/out in perfect for a very busy environment which is normally difficult to control but now with YArooms set bookings are in place.

Pros

Very easy to use simple way to control room bookings in a large facility.

Cons

Do not want YArooms letting me know that rooms have been cleared and made vacant, had to cancel this command .

Response from Yarooms

Thank you for your review. Any type of notification can be easily turned on / off from the Notifications tab. That way you can avoid receiving information you do not need.

Benita W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great product for basic room scheduling

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

Pros

Easy to set up and implement
Easy to use - no staff training required
Easy to make changes
Good value

Cons

My only criticism is that recurring meetings can only be input by week, day or date as opposed to random dates which I could do in my old system.

Response from Yarooms

Thank you Benita. We appreciate your input and we will look into expanding the recurrence option to see if we can accommodate this type of recurrence.

Industry: Public Relations & Communications
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

YArooms review

Reviewed on 15/04/2020

Overall it does it's job. No complaints.

Pros

It's a extremely straightforward tool. Anybody can intuitively use it without reading any help guide or training. It's like a calendar that you just book time slots for available meeting rooms. You won't go wrong with it.

Cons

Despite the simplicity of use for the Calendar, it might be much more appealing to the eye if it didn't look so analog. I'd also recommend to have a mobile app for both Apple IOS and Android.

Response from Yarooms

Thank you for the review! We are constantly working on improving the user experience, and our mobile app is going to be launched next month.

Norma B.
Industry: Computer Hardware

Booking tool deluxe

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 14/04/2020

I've used YARooms for a few years now and enjoy it very much.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and makes is very simple to schedule meetings/rooms via this platform. What's nice is the fact that you will receive an email immediately after booking and attaches to my Outlook calendar with ease.

Cons

As a user of YARooms, the parameters are already set for me by our events team so I am not able to select different time zones if I wanted to do that; otherwise, I have no complaints.

Bob H.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

Hirers book rooms remotely.

Pros

Brilliant system business functions without me needing to be there very easy to use. Have 50 room hirers. Book rooms hourly

Cons

When invoicing the title is case sensitive not flexible with spelling. I therefore have to go through every day to check usage before invoicing rather than using the account function

Response from Yarooms

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your review.

We are constantly working on improving all the aspects of our user experience with YArooms, and your feedback is important for us, in order to find the best way to make invoicing easier.

Susanna G.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Good stuff

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

Any new features in Yarooms will be most welcome.

Pros

1. Easy to use.
2. Updates promptly.
3. Photos can be uploaded.

Cons

1. Expensive annual subscription
2. Need to set different levels of user access eg. certain facilities can be booked by key personnel only. Classroom booking for teachers only. Studio booking by receptionists only.
3. Give administrator the rights to block certain user group/person for a period of time. Eg. User forgets to release booking. Administrator will impose a penalty to user for 1 month period. After that period, user may be re-instated to continue use of Yaroom.

Response from Yarooms

Hi Susanna,

Thank you for your review.

For the 1st point, please note that if you break down the cost to a monthly calculation, the annual plans get cheaper than the PAYG plan, the costs are fixed, and you can cancel at any time. We noted the other points, and we ensure you that your feedback is taken in consideration for out future improvement works.

Brian B.
Industry: Real Estate

Proper Office Review

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

We rent out serviced offices and have a number of meeting rooms where we were managing bookings using a spreadsheet. It meant clients had to contact reception to check availability and book the room. now this can be done directly by our clients and makes managing multiple rooms a doddle.

Pros

Just what we needed to manage the booking of several meeting rooms in one place.

Cons

Difficulty loading logo. Not sure if that was my fault or a problem with the software.

Response from Yarooms

Thank you for your comments Brian. The logos have to fit certain parameters in order to be uploaded properly. We recommend using transparent .png images and also you need to stay within the pixel ratio limits listed on the Branding page.

Aimee W.
Industry: Hospitality

Useful for a small team

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Pros

It is easy to use and the cost is just right for a smaller company

Cons

There is limited functionality with this software

Response from Yarooms

Thank you for your feedback, Aimee! We are constantly working on improving the software functionality and our user experience.

Adrian G.
Industry: Computer Software

Couldn't live without it

Reviewed on 29/05/2019

Pros

The best thing about YArooms is that I can search quickly for a room when an ad-hoc meeting is taking place. I just tell it how many of us there are and what gadgets I need and it will give me a room that I know for sure is not occupied by someone else. It was pretty frustrating to run around searching for a room with enough chairs and a proper internet connection, so I’m glad that’s no longer the case.

Cons

Before attendee collision was implemented, I found myself invited to conflicting meetings all the time. But that's in the past now.

Response from Yarooms

Thank you Adrian. I'm glad you like our new update regarding attendees. We are constantly seeking to improve the product in order to improve our customer experience.

Kat B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Pros

Easy to use. Quick, simple and makes booking a room really easy.

Cons

The notification settings. Sometimes they revert back to "factory settings" without notice.

Response from Yarooms

Thank you for your input. As far as the notifications are concerned, these are affected by account admins which can set them on/off for all the users from the Global settings menu. To over-ride their selection you can choose to set them as an individual user from the My Account > Notifications tab.

Christine H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

Pros

Ease of use, multiple staff picked up use of product quickly.
Value for money, reasonable cost.

Cons

You can always find things to moan about! I guess for me, I didn't find the reporting that easy.

Response from Yarooms

Thank you for your input Christine. We are constantly working on improving the experience of our customers and we will look into making the Reports section more user friendly.

Jovana V.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

YArooms for three rooms!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 27/11/2019

It is easy to use and quite helpful, especially if you are in coworking space or sharing an office like ourselves.

Pros

We are one of three orgs sharing the same space and are often losing track who is using which rooms. YArooms will help you schedule your meetings and book the rooms seamlessly. Also, the mobile app is great and makes scheduling super easy.

Cons

We are still on a free trial but will consider if we will go with Starter and Office plan. The difference is price-wise huge -- we are more than 10, but def. much less than 100. There should be an option in between.

Kutay G.
Industry: Research

The product is very helpful to manage meeting rooms in co-working spaces.

Reviewed on 21/06/2019

Pros

It is easy to use and manage user authentication. Moreover, YArooms team promptly respond to requests.

Cons

Turkish characters such as İ,ş,ü,ğ... are written with a different font to the meeting title field. Rarely the system response slow.

Response from Yarooms

Thank you for your input. We will look into optimizing different characters for different languages, so they are displayed as they should be.

Rahul T.
Industry: Hospitality

Book meeting anytime from anywhere

Very good

Pros

It is very easy to use.
Alerts before schedules.
Invite multiple peoples.

Cons

Not available offline.
No mobile app.
Sometimes conflicts with Outlook

Josh C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Less stress, less headaches

Reviewed on 18/04/2020

Pros

My department has multiple meeting rooms and multiple people vying for them. Yarooms really has made it easy to streamline reservation times and as a result has decreased frustrations among staff and administrators. Since implementing this program we have reduced the number of double bookings and other fiascos drastically.

Cons

I have had some connectivity issues. Not sure if this is due to my network, the program, or a little bit of both.

Response from Yarooms

Thank you, Josh! Your feedback is important to us.

Cosmin M.
Industry: Restaurants

Great app

Reviewed on 5/06/2019

Pros

- easy to use
- great for teams
- syncs with outlook

Cons

- no mobile app
- does not integrate with google calendar

Response from Yarooms

Hi Cosmin,

Thank you for your review.

In regards of integrating with Google Calendar, YArooms offers a one way integration, which generates ICS calendars, and those can be imported in your calendar app. Feel free to check out the page below:

Mihai C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

An honest review

Reviewed on 5/06/2019

Pros

I enjoyed everything about it, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a solution to the problem Yarooms is addressing

Cons

I can't think of anything right now. It was a nice overall experience

Response from Yarooms

Thank you for your feed-back.

Charles T.
Industry: Investment Management

Does what you need it to do

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Pros

Simple, easy to use program to manage conference rooms.

Cons

No complaints really. It does what you need it to do.

Response from Yarooms

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate customer feed-back.

Brittany H.
Industry: Accounting

No Complaints

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

So far everything has been great. Would definitely recommend.

Pros

Compared to our old software, YArooms is very easy and convenient to use. Every time I need to schedule a booking, it takes me less than a minute.

Cons

Nothing, no complaints at all. Will definitely keep using.

Response from Yarooms

Thank you for the review Brittany. We are happy you are enjoying YAROOMS!