Wipster

Cloud-based video review & digital asset management solution

4.8 /5 (47 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
4.6
Jordan M.

It's getting there

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Pros

We find Wipster very helpful for collaborating with our customers and getting feedback. It's a great tool for video.

Cons

I wish my customers could draw and circle things on the videos and images. It would also be helpful if the IOS app could view PDF files. It seems like wipster needs some more work. but It's on it's way to becoming a flawless tool.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Nicholas B.
Industry: Media Production

Where has then been all my life??

Reviewed on 11/11/2018

This product has completely changed the way I will go about seeking feedback on my video work. It's unreal how good the product is, how helpful and responsive the customer success team is and the user community is in the highest echelon of how user communities should be built and maintained.

Pros

The two way integration with Premiere Pro is simply astounding.

Cons

The Premiere Pro widget can be a little buggy at times.

Response from Wipster

Thanks so much for the kind words, Nicholas!

Best Video Review and Collaboration Platform

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Ease of review and collecting feedback from multiple people is seamless.

Pros

It's simple to use both on the backend and for clients. Comments can be easily added, and it's simple to send to clients for feedback.

Cons

The price to move up to the second level with more features is steep for a small business when compared to the lowest paid account.

Nick G.
Industry: Real Estate

Near flawless video review site.

Reviewed on 18/07/2017

Efficiency
Accuracy of review
Better communication

Pros

-Extremely easy to use and get other people to use.
-Using the program makes me more efficient at my job
-Using the program makes video review a very straightforward process.
-Wouldn't know how to review a video without it

Cons

Pricing. Don't like the tiers. Other similar options are available for a cheaper price, though the interface isn't as user friendly.

Marcos G.

Amazing team collaboration and video reviewing software!

Reviewed on 3/07/2018

Pros

For us (editors) working for several clients (who always have lot of thing to say about the creating process of their videos) this tool is incredible! Besides team and client collaboration and accurate messaging, the thing we love the most is the integration with Adobe Premiere and After Effects... Not only can you receive client and team feedback messages as markers on your timeline, but Wipster also encodes, uploades and shares your edits with the client or team members, without having to leave the editing program! Now that amazing!

Cons

Only two thing to say... At first we started trying the software to see if was worth paying for. They changed the pricing structure a couple of times during that period, which made us doubt...
Second, there are a couple bugs or minor errors that happen from time to time, for example, invitations to members o clients not being sent or received or whencreating subfolders and customizing them.

Mike G.

Great Video Hosting Service for Client Review

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

Pros

It's very easy to get videos uploaded and ready to send to clients with this software. Great modern interface that is intuitive without having to learn how to use it. Storage amount offered is very fair for the price compared to other services

Cons

Clients don't seem to want to take advantage of the review features of the website. For some reason prefer to email notes instead of using built in features.

Nick G.

Our company uses Wipster for post-production review of 10-15 videos monthly

Reviewed on 15/06/2015

I love Wipster. The site has single-handedly improved our video review process, streamlining post-production, reducing time spent going back and forth, consequently reducing costs (through time-saving) and improving production of the video department. Couple of bonus pros from the site: 1) encourages collaboration--as it is easy, user-friendly and can be done anywhere, anytime 2) makes a video editor better at their job (more organized)

The people at Wipster encourage feedback and consistently act on support issues.

I have no cons. Video playback will sometimes skip depending on your internet connection. But that is no fault of Wipsters.

Response from Wipster

Hello Nick, Glad to hear you're enjoying the app! We really appreciate hearing where the value is for you and what the bonus pros are. Thanks for the review!

Craig D.

Wipster is a game changer

Reviewed on 15/06/2015

Before we started using Wipster, the review process at 12 Stars Media, a video production company in Indianapolis, was (for lack of a better word) pain-stacking. What Wipster has done was take a process of nearly a dozen steps (often doubled when multiple rounds of revisions were necessary), and reduced it to 3: Upload, collaborate, finalize.

Couple that with innovative, open and personable individuals behind it and we simply can't stop bragging on these guys. They have made video review easy and fun again!

Response from Wipster

Making video review fun and easy was why we built Wipster, and what drives us with every release, so that's the best feedback we could hope for. So happy to hear you're lovin' it at 12 Stars Media. Thanks for the review Craig!

Jeff D.

Best Online Video Approval Website

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

We have struggled with getting videos approvals for years and this was the solution to our problems! It has been a dream and clients have been so impressed with how great it makes us look. We could customize the logo and it has unlimited storage so we don't have to worry about how many videos. Do yourself a favor and get this!

Josh K.

Super easy video review

Reviewed on 15/06/2015

I use this platform for work quite a bit. My managers really like it.

Response from Wipster

Thanks for the feedback Josh! 'Super easy' is what we love to hear.

Cameron S.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

The perfect tool for freelance video producers and businesses that create video content

Reviewed on 30/04/2020

Wipster has allowed my team to significantly cut down on our time spent communicating with our videographer to quickly get our video content modified and published. We used to communicate edits via email, but it was often ineffective leading to additional revisions needing to be done for breaks in communication.

Pros

- Timestamped commenting on videos
- Upload Multiple revisions
- Tags to track video from Draft to Publishing phase
- Adobe Integration/Extension allows for use of Wipster within Premiere!
- Can invite viewers to comment on videos without effecting user quota

Cons

- Integration with YouTube is currently not functional, but support assures me that they are working on resolving the issue (this is a feature I am really looking forward to so we can upload approved files directly to YouTube)
- 5 GB storage cap on free accounts limits our ability to work on full-resolution files, and the next tier jumps to 250 GB which is offered at a price unaffordable for a business link ours. I wish that the free tier had the option to buy storage add-ons like those offered to higher-tier accounts.

Syed R.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Wipster – is a useful tool to create better content quickly with drag and drop action’

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

My overall experience with Wipsteris very good. As I mentioned, this tool is a versatile platform and anyone can finish their task with the reviews and comments of the client which is really convenient.

Pros

Wipester is a complete platform to create an amazing design and editing videos at an advanced level. I think a 1month free trial is a convenient option. Wipster allows you to track and collaborate while you are editing any videos and I absolutely like this. Wipster provides the facilities to review your work from anywhere and comment on those. Now, it’s easy for the creator to be notified by the client exactly what portion of the proof needs to change and they can work on that. I think this is an amazing option to minimize hassles. I would say much more functional than a similar priced tool.

Cons

I didn’t like the fact that the interfaces are not always user-friendly. Sometimes, the image previewing was difficult for me. I wish if they could have more elements to be more creative with the tool.

Industry: Media Production
Company size: Self Employed

Wipster Videos

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Overall, it has been a very good and powerful tool to sharing videos for review and approval. Other tools seem like they might work faster or have some interesting additional features, but I value a cheaper service that does the basics very well more than a more expensive service with a bunch of extra non-critical features.

Pros

Being able to share high quality videos with clients with a wide variety of share settings, and that the client can then comment directly on the video easily.

Cons

Unless the reviewer logs into Wipster, comments are a one-way conversation. 9 times out of 10, I have to send an email in order to respond to comments - rendering replys to comments in Wipster almost useless.

Dan B.

Handy and being constantly updated

Reviewed on 15/06/2015

I still have a few clients that have a few issues trying to work it out. But the team at Wipster have been so proactive with making the product better! It's crazy how far it's come in the last year! It's almost unrecognisable! The support team listen to all your questions, and there have been many feature requests that I've asked for that have been added. So great to feel valued and like they can craft the software to work better for me!

Great tool that's always getting better, and becoming an integral part of our review process.

Response from Wipster

Thanks for all of the great feedback Dan. While we are not always able to accommodate every feature request, we really value the input of our users, so thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us both here and through our support channels. We really appreciate it.

As far as the issues your clients are experiencing: If you haven't done so already, could you please drop us a line over on our support site? We're currently looking at ways to better improve the client experience, so any additional help you might be able to provide would be fantastic. Thank you!

Philip Z.

Awesome video review software, love it!

Reviewed on 15/06/2015

Only used for a few months, but love everything about it so far! Great help videos!

Response from Wipster

Hi Philip, thanks for your feedback - glad to hear the help videos are ... well, helpful! If you haven't done so already drop us a line over on our support site and tell us how we can get that final star for our customer service. You can also tweet us at @wipsters. Thank you!

Danny O.

Wipster has revolutionized our video feedback workflow!

Reviewed on 15/06/2015

Before I found Wipster, I used to upload videos to YouTube and have to essentially teach people how to give feedback that was actionable. With in-line commenting in Wipster, I've never had to teach anybody anything, and the feedback between me and my clients has been much more efficient and effective!

Response from Wipster

So great to hear it! Thanks for your review Danny.

Camila A.

Have the opinions of your customers efficiently

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

It is an extremely useful software when you work for several clients and you need to know their opinion in order to continue with the process. It works very well with Adobe Premiere and a very efficient interface

Cons

The first thing that usually frustrates me is that, sometimes, bugs or small errors are generated. They are solved very easily refreshing the page, but can be tiresome.

Caitlin K.

A life-changing tool for you and your clients

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 5/04/2018

Pros

Wipster is a life changing tool that allows you to capture feedback from clients in a seamless, professional way. The client simply comments the changes they want directly on the video, and I can comment back on those changes, track todos, track versions, and more. I can't remember what life was like back when clients said stuff like.

Cons

It's pretty costly at /month. For a small, growing business on a budget, this tool for this price point is tough, but all-in-all it is a great app.

Natalie S.
Industry: E-Learning

Love Wipster for my vlogs and course videos

Reviewed on 27/01/2019

Some of the most user friendly and useful software I've ever used. Love it

Pros

Super easy to use and give feedback. Cuts down so much to and fro between me and my video editor

Cons

Not being able to see previous version comments in the latest version so you can check what's been done

Response from Wipster

Thanks so much, Natalie! Easy to use software is key :)

Lynn J.
Industry: Entertainment

A great way to get approvals

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

Overall, it has served our team well, for the projects we use it for.

Pros

This is a great solution to disseminate videos to team members who are spread out in different locations, for the approval process.

Cons

Some functionality can be spotty. Sometimes the screen will accept notes and sometimes it won't.

Andrew T.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Great for video and animation companies

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

It was easy to follow notes from the client and internal teams. It helped to view the videos and see notes and any changes wanted instantly. I could also print out the notes in a spreadsheet. It would work great for animation and video production companies.

Pros

It worked great for reviewing client and internal team notes on some animated videos I worked on. It was easy to follow the notes and timestamp of what note the team had or the client had. It let you upload different updates and versions as well.

Cons

I was a little hard to find different versions of the videos I updated at first but was ok after learning a bit and navigating around.

Ruth K.

Streamline Your Content Approval Process

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Love the simplicity. Wipster saves invaluable time, and frustration, getting a team's feedback and/or approval.

Pros

Easy of use. Very intuitive interface. The ability to keep tabs on the team's feedback saved my sanity.

Cons

At first glance, the 'Pro' pricing seems reasonable, but the monthly charge is a bit high. Save big with the annual plan.

Response from Wipster

Thanks so much for taking the time, Ruth. We're glad to have restored sanity during the feedback process :)

Ben M.

A Real Game Changer

Reviewed on 15/06/2015

Wipster is awesome! It has increased our productivity ten fold. Our review process in the past consisted of long email chains with too many words...OR...I would have to interpret the client's feedback, then make a screen capture of my own to explain it all. It would take a lot of time and I would procrastinate.

Wipster has changed all that. Now we just upload the video, share with clients and other staff, then wait for the feedback to roll in. Then it's all ready to go in a simple 'to-do' list.

In truth, there are still some glitches with it and I'm sure these will be ironed out as the platform evolves. The Wipster team are very committed and are improving things all the time.

Highly recommended.

Response from Wipster

Thanks so much for taking the time to give this review Ben. We really appreciate it! If you see any glitches please let us know over on our support site, or tweet us @wipsters. Sometimes bugs slip through the cracks and the development team are keen to address these. Thank you!

Stephen P.

Time saver

Reviewed on 3/01/2019

Pros

Does everything you need and more. A professional solution to sharing content with your client directly and keeping track of what work was actually asked for.

Cons

Would be cool if it could add subtitles

Response from Wipster

Thanks so much for the review, Stephen!

Adam M.

We used Webster on a number of projects and it was a nice way to showcase our work with the client

Reviewed on 7/06/2017

Pros

It allows instant client feedback visually, beyond a bullet list of revisions . I like how you can update new versions for the same project .

Cons

There have been a number of times when an upload just doesn't work and I sit waiting for quite a while .