QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

4.5 (20,228)
Write a Review!
Enterprise accounting, FSM and inventory management solution

(20,228)

20227 Reviews

Charleen
Charleen
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Our QB online is always ready when we are

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Cloud services make everything more secure. Not having to purchase an upgrade year after year is one of the best benefits. Our business is sized so that the online version, which does have less functionality than the desktop version, still works for exactly what we need. The tutorials are helpful and there are plenty of YouTube videos to find a resolution for any problem you have.

Pros

The online version of QB makes it easy to always have the necessary updates and current edition. The file sharing capabilities are the exact tool that is needed for the accountant to easily have a hassle-free exchange of the data they need to keep your books and do taxes. QB payroll that can be accessed through the software and there is easy access to QuickBook loan funding should you ever need it. Anytime, anywhere access is a plus.

Cons

The naming convention for some processes are a bit daunting until you learn exactly where they are and what they are called. The updates can cause features to be relocated, making them difficult to find. As with all cloud-based software, sometimes there are issues with the online connectivity.

Tracy

Quickbooks Desktop Still a Good Choice

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

I love QB in all its forms. I love that you can get industry specific versions. I encourage you to check it out if you are looking for an accounting software.

Pros

So many people are moving to the online version. I use both for different clients. They each have their pros and cons so make sure and check them out before deciding. Also, if you are currently on desktop I find it very hard to change to online. All the clients I have that have tried have claimed it is a nightmare.

Cons

The only down side is that I have trouble with connectivity to bank accounts for auto download.

Procore and Sage Accounting

Ease of Use, Cost, Ease of Deployment, Customer Service
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Just say No-to-It

Reviewed on 16/02/2021

This is software on life support. Intuit is rapidly investing in online. I switched to Quickbooks Online, by the way and LOVE it. I tried to use the desktop "enterprise" version because I needed some advanced inventory and reporting features. Worst decision ever. They didn't work. Spent 5+ years trying to find a work-around. Finally Intuit made it possible to migrate to Quickbooks Online. It worked really well and I'm a happy camper now.

Pros

It mostly worked, some of the time. I was able to transfer my data to Quickbooks Onine.

Cons

The General Ledger worked most of the time, however, about every-other month the Balance sheet would be out of balance and require a rebuild. If you were to list out every feature of QBE, I would be able to find a problem with it. This is the Frankenstein of software. Every "enterprise" feature is just someone else's software poorly glued onto QB. Calling this software Enterprise is a flat out lie and Intuit should be ashamed. Basic features cannot be changed without all users logging out of the system. Most of the "advanced" and "enterprise" features don't work as advertised. Cash flow reports were NEVER accurate.

NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Was looking for the ability to integrate software

Price
Dlkhosh

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Review

Reviewed on 16/01/2024

Pros

Very good inventory management, time tracking
Numerous customizable reports
Supports projects, payroll, and many add-ons
Terrific mobile apps

Cons

The main cons of Quickbooks that It's somehow expensive

Wave

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks is Easy to use, and has active support center

Preferrd
Marcos
  • Industry: Automotive

Easiest effective way to manage money

Reviewed on 9/05/2024

I would say it's the way it was so easy to learn. It made my job a lot easier. It gave me confidence and I suggest this product to everybody I know and when I speak to the other people they always tell me the same thing

Pros

You can literally teach it to everyone. Fast reliable customer service when bought

Cons

Nothing we're great for my company. I like the way things were just so easy to click on. Made my day a lot less stressful and knowing my accounts payable was in order

Anelle
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Quickbooks is a GREAT RESOURCE PROGRAM FOR ORGANIZING YOUR FINANCES

Reviewed on 7/04/2024

It is great. Highly recommend it for small businesses

It is great. Highly recommend it for small businesses

Pros

We use quickbooks for many years since is a great tool for organizing your business in all ways. Pros is very easy to use. I love user friendly design programs and tools

Cons

Well, I think as a new user you need direct professional support and it is a little difficult to get because you are in the go. However I am not sure if that changed since that was few months ago.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best Program to Learn Accounting

Reviewed on 8/05/2024

Overall, QuickBooks is a great tool to learn accounting and get familiarized with accounting language and reports.

Pros

I enjoyed the versatility of the program with how it allowed me to view various kinds of data and correlate them accordingly.

Cons

Importing QuickBooks reports to excel creates more work since there are multiple empty columns and sometimes the name breakdowns are not applied to individual line items.

ali
ali
  • Industry: Translation & Localisation

so its useful for you

Reviewed on 14/04/2024

its good but just need some thing to be better like costumer services and easily working with this.i suggest it overall.

Pros

I like accounting service and its services at all in front of all another in market its not expensive.

Cons

I think if costumer service can be better and also working with this is not so easy and its not good

yash
yash
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Navigating Business Success: A Review of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reviewed on 7/04/2024

Pros

everything from accounting and payroll to inventory and reporting, streamlining operations and empowering businesses to make informed decisions.

Cons

Nothing as of now everything looks perfect to me

Andres
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

QuickBooks review

Reviewed on 9/04/2024

I will give QuickBooks 4 out of 5 stars overall

I will give QuickBooks 4 out of 5 stars overall

Pros

is useful for accounting and creating financial reports, and the cost estimative is accurate

Cons

sometimes customer support is not that effective

Scott

Rock Solid

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

Bottomline, accounting is a "financial statement" about your company's health. Quickbooks is the best doctor you can buy to monitor it.

Pros

I started my company 30 years ago using Quicken for bookkeeping and before Intuit offered Quickbooks. My company grew and Intuit offered Quickbooks. We converted to it and never regretted it. The time saving, ease of managing customer invoicing, efficient vendor payments, and access for our bookkeeper and CPA make it the best. Combined with full payroll services, where Intuit manages all associated taxes make it even better. Finally, customer support is extraordinarily good, particularly for payroll.

Cons

While Quickbooks is for non-accountants, there is a learning curve. Nonetheless, it is well worth the investment, given the importance of what it does for your business.

Zoho Books

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quicken is for individuals and households. Quickbooks is for commercial and nonprofit enterprises. We needed the added functionality associated with business accounting software.

Quicken

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

We always review the market before upgrading to the next version of any software, including Quickbooks. Quickbooks is the software of choice for everyone we work with, including, CPAs and bookkeepers. We see no real gain in switching to something few professionals use, without a compelling reason. We have yet to find such a reason.
Shweta
  • Industry: Accounting

Quickbook is great tool with no accounting experience

Reviewed on 3/02/2021

Pros

After self instructing on YouTube, I can say, the product is a marvel to those of us who work with the entirety of cash. It coordinates everything and with a tick, you can produce any report.Great and best insight. The getting sorted out module is breathtaking as it grants me to screen my remuneration and expenses as shown by the monetary strategy and gives a whole effect on the affiliation's presentation.QuickBooks tackles practically all the bookkeeping issues in my association eg; Budgeting, charges instalment , detailing, charge planning and so on

Cons

I wished there was the capacity to produce different reports separated from the current one which is bookkeeping based as it were. - As much as it is useful for independent company as our own, it turns out to be difficult to utilize when the business develops and become large.The naming show for certain cycles are somewhat overwhelming until you adapt precisely where they are and what they are called. The updates can make highlights be migrated, making them hard to track down. Likewise with all cloud-based programming, once in a while there are issues with the online connectivity.The number of clients that can utilize it at the same time is restricted and we business people live on cooperation and especially need it.

• Industry: Accounting

The Desktop version is better than the online

Reviewed on 22/08/2018

Pros

Desktop - it's easier to have multiple screens open, but can only do one company at a time (online, you can use different browsers to open multiple companies). Has a lot of functionality. The only other thing that is better about the online version (imho) is being able to easily log in remotely - BUT, if you don't do it frequently enough (and randomly) you'll need a verification code.

Cons

Does have an intercompany feature. The online version doesn't allow multiple screens open at once. If you decide you want to cancel your online membership, getting your historical transactions off of it is a challenge. I wish that they still allowed recon of sales tax. Online doesn't give a "fee" and "Interest income" fill in for recon'ing each bank account. There is no listing for any asset/liability accounts that haven't been recon'd or a report showing the last date it was recon'd.

Response from Intuit

Thanks for this review. Your loyalty to QuickBooks is valued, so please know we're proud to be backing your business.

While I have your attention, it'd be my pleasure to address the Cons you mentioned. As a start, you can open multiple windows/tabs of the Online software. This Community-hosted article outlines the details (community.intuit.com/articles/1456006), and I encourage you to explore the space more when you can. Our multi-function Community database also doubles as a Q&A forum, so jump into the convo anytime you have questions.

Further, you can download your historical data and save it in spreadsheets if you decide to cancel. The info at community.intuit.com/articles/1254966 explains the process, but I'd be happy to pass your suggestions about interest income, flexible sales tax, and alerts about reconciled accounts to the engineers for review. We use your ideas as inspiration and default to it when developing new tools.

Robert
Robert
  • Industry: Accounting

Comprehensive functionality, but obscures your books

Reviewed on 2/11/2018

QB is a solid accounting package used by many. My experience is that it is very stable and suitable for those at either end of the spectrum of needs and experience. Novices can just use each of the modules as is and ignore the extra functionality. The poweruser may need the many different features.

However, if you are in the middle ground with a good understanding of bookkeeping, and want some flexibility in your entries, I find there are two many icons, menu choices, and options for each task I want to do. Example, printing a standard financial statement means selecting from 3-4 menu options, following by a dialog of options. Really I just want a date range and get the statement.

Pros

QB is rock solid, never had an issue (defect). It is comprehensive and has functionality for every operation and looks after a lot of 'behind the scenes' stuff such as tax reporting (automatically capturing your tax credits and customer charges)

Cons

The overall feature set makes it hard to see a clear picture of your books. Everything is done through a series of modules (sales, purchases) and it automates from there. A normal sequence is; Sales, then deposits, then bank reconciliation - works fine. However, if you have a deposit that is not from a sale the dance to make the entries seem obscure. Or if you pay for a purchase directly, you still have to enter a payable, then pay it in a separate step. Not big issues, but I use other accounting software that gives me much more flexibility without the double steps. (Note: in the example of the payable, you can do a direct journal entry, but then it does not show up in the supplier history for some reason.)

Response from Intuit

Hi Robert. I'm glad QuickBooks is providing a comprehensive tool to your consulting business. I'm here to ensure you can take advantage of the functionality while still getting a clear view of your books, however. I'll include a few excellent outlets below, which serve as central hubs of workflow tips.

1. For a feature walk-through, check out the Community at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-started-with-QuickBooks/How-to-Use-Features-and-Functions-in-QuickBooks-Online/ta-p/170181. You'll find tips on the way QB sequences tasks and the workflow for your accounts.

2. This link is another excellent space, as the insights hosted in the YouTube provide visual references for the tools provided by the software. The following playlist covers reporting and statements, and I encourage you to explore the channel further when you get a chance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndR4lgu2nT8&list=PLVxBmyedTVhTWFPItuhzmbHRzZzCxmGFT.

• Industry: Consumer Services

So easy: Quickbooks Self-Employed

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Overall, it’s a great program for self-employed people with fairly simple business practices... people who are service providers (massage therapists, counselors, interpreters, consultantsc etc). I had more complex businesses so am used to a bit more flexibility than QB Self-Employed offers, but they are mostly preferences than actual essentials (except the Chart of Accounts comment above). I recommend it to everyone!

Pros

MILEAGE TRACKING!!!
The software tracks your trips and you later pick business or personal for each trip. It shows you the address for both origina & destination, as well as time of day, which makes it easy to figure out what the trip was for. QB keeps an updated tally of your mileage deduction for tax purposes.

EASY CATEGORIZATION OF EXPENSES:
Automatically populates transactions from your bank AND credit card accountant into the ledger, so all you need to do is select which expense category it belongs t! Qb will ask if you want to set up a “rule” so that all transactions from AT&T (let’s say) are automatically categorized into utilities when they are imported from your financial institution.

INVOICES
Create a template and you can duplicate it later when billing the same person/business. You can easily send the invoice from the QB platform and what the client get s is a really professional, polished email with the invoice in the body of the email, and he receiver can download a pdf if they choose. QB keeps track of paid and unpaid invoices, making it easy to see who you need to follow up with for payment.

TAXES:
For tax purposes, the reports QB does make saving and tallying receipts a *ridiculous* practice. There is NO reason to ever do your books on excel. Too many mistakes when things are done manually. And it requires SO much time to input amounts, categories, etc. This is all done for you in a fraction of the time using QB Self-Employed.

Cons

CHART OF ACCOUNTS:
I switched which credit card I use as my business card and want to stop automatically importing transactions from the old credit card (which I am now using for personal expenses). You can’t turn off imports for a particular account without losing all former transactions associated with that card/account. This completely changes the Profit and Loss reports. I had to call customer service and they had to do a whole delete thing where now all transactions from deleted accounts are called “cash,” which is misleading and unclear.

INCOME:
There is only one income category to choose from. I have to classes of self-employed work I do that uses the same bank account and credit card. I’d like a way to assign Income A and Income B, so that when I look at my Profit & Loss reports, I can see at a glance how much I earned from type A kind of work and how much I earned from Type B.

EXPENSE CATEGORIES
There is no way to add or change the provided categories. I understand QuickBooks does this so that each category that is offered is automatically associated with a particular tax deduction item approved by the IRS, but it would be nice to be able to add a category that suits my business and select the associated IRS deduction category when setting it up.

INVOICES
You can’t make up your own invoice numbers. I would like use the same first 2 numbers or even letters for each client I invoice, but you can’t. You have to use QB’s automatic numbering system.

Donna
  • Industry: Government Administration

Quickbooks Desktop Rview

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Overall QuickBooks has been easy to use for paying invoices, tracking expenses/income and completing employee payroll. I've been using QuickBooks for over 7 years. Please note that there is a big difference between QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online version. The online version is not user friendly at all. I would not recommend the online version.

Pros

QuickBooks Desktop is relatively easy to use. The payroll feature makes calculating and filing employee payroll and payroll taxes very easy. Paying invoices is also very easy and it records expenses in individual accounts that you set up. You can quickly and easily find invoices that have been paid and track year to date expenses. There are many reports available so you can easily see amounts spent in each category or where income is coming from. This is very useful when working on budgets. The software allows you to modify things according to what works best for you.

Cons

The annual fee is expensive and there is an extra fee for the payroll service. Also, the customer service is not very good. Occasionally I need to call in and get a customer service rep to correct a problem. Service is slow and it's hard to understand the reps as they all have accents. I try to use the self help section of QuickBooks before calling in to get assistance and I know it will take over an hour to get a problem fixed.

Response from Intuit

It's great to hear you're using all the features to the fullest, and it sounds like you're a pro, Donna. The Desktop and Online versions have slightly different work flows, but we're glad you found one to meet your unique business needs. For other ways to contact support, we recommend this Community article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Contact-the-QuickBooks-Desktop-Customer-Support-Team/td-p/252601

Thanks for your review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Bulinda
  • Industry: Events Services

Inexpensive To Account for every Dollar

Reviewed on 6/08/2019

My business is staying afloat because of QuickBooks and we can see our future being very profitable by using this software. I can do all summary reporting without having to do a hard copy by hand which takes a lot of time. The software has the key components of making sure all credits and debits are inserted into its proper place. The only errors are that of those we make and this software will not allow you to insert numbers if they do not add up. The accounting tools are fantastic and a very valuable insight in our business.

Pros

QuickBooks has been a very simplified way of managing and tracking our every dollar earned. I have utilized this software for over four years and it is very simplified. Our debits and credits are accounted for with each ledger that we handle. Our customers are happy with our business and that keeps us stress-free in all aspects of the business. Our business does not have to outsource any accounting to a bookkeeper or any one outside of the company.

Cons

I have as of today after four years of having this software can not find any cons. I really enjoy using QuickBooks and I teach the program to everyone that must keep quality control moving smoothly.

Response from Intuit

Thank you for the rave review, Bulinda! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of ensuring the success of your business over the last four years. Our software wouldn't be what it is today without great customers like yourself who use and refer others to try it. It's our mission to continually work on new enhancements and features to make QuickBooks an even more versatile tool for you to use. To hear news on what our developers are working on, we recommend checking out our official blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv.

Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

• Industry: Veterinary

Great features for the price point

Reviewed on 18/08/2019

Good experience. Hassle free software. Accounting and invoicing is straight forward.

Pros

Very cheap (they give you more discounts if you wait it out before renewal). Its got most of the accounting functionalities from invoicing to inventory to taxation and cost management. Highly recommended for a small-med organisation.

Cons

The 'Sent from Quick-books as displayed (in big bold) in each mail. Really dislike it.
Also, you can't generate invoices which have already been paid for- you need to generate cash receipt--but cash receipts mess with the accounting as revenues are calculated from invoicing. All invoices go with a pay now button. This is the biggest issues we face.

Zoho Books and Wave

1. Less cumbersome 2. More functionalities

Response from Intuit

We strive to provide easy to use tools to manage each accounting aspect. It's great to know we've been able to share the workload and help out with invoicing, inventory, taxes, and cost management! For additional tips and tricks on ways to use your account, we recommend checking out the Community (https://community.intuit.com/). You can also find out more about how we're working to offer advanced features and improved functionality by viewing our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv).

Thanks for a great review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

chandler
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Quickbooks pro online could use some additional functionality

Reviewed on 26/01/2017

The damn government laws seem to change faster than the software can and I wish Quickbooks could too. Having used Quickbooks since 2000, been with this platform. Lately the 1099 income I use to receive has changed to w-2. Accounting wise this is a real pain because I invoice at one rate, then have to adjust the amount to receive to match the taxes and don't seem to have a way to just set this up to be more automatically. PLEASE FIX THIS. My other issue with the software is the growing complexity making it easy to do something incorrect, then have to waste alot of time either with Customer Service or just in the software making corrections. I do love the emailing of invoices and the ability to include related documents for customers, plus with the ability to tell if customers actually received and opened the bill. I perform quite a few product demonstrations, for different clients and brands, to send a copy of the demo report with the bill "helps" customers know what they are paying. I use Google Drive for photos and docs related to this work, I wish QB could allow me to attach stuff from Google Drive, rather having to download to my desktop, then attach.
The above pressure points need to be addressed soon, because the cost is just a bit much considering how much time I waste dealing with it. If quickbooks does have a solution or other product, which would work better, then you need to have your tech support people better aware of the software solutions offered.

Pros

it works, and most other software will also work with it, e.g. my bank, some google programs, etc. I know that Intuit is not going away, I just hope that they continue to update the software to keep pace with my business.

Cons

Quickbooks seems to play catch up with the changes for business. They do make changes, but it seems to be just a little slow for what I really need. For instance, my 1099 income is now W-2, even though it is part time or project based. Tracking the taxes related to this is a royal pain in the butt.

Fazal
Fazal
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

My Response to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

Being a proficient user of QuickBooks, my overall experience with this software is based on my daily usage and I can rate it 9/10. No doubts it makes my and our organizations' employees work more efficiently. If someone asked me to use this software, I'll definitely recommend it to them. Because of its analytics, advanced facilities and integration with 3rd parties including many other required features make it highly recommended software in the market of accounting solution software.

Pros

QuickBooks software helps from small to large businesses, companies, and enterprises to manage more efficiently their accounts through the best cloud-based software. Enterprises can easily manage their projects, invoices and other accounting solutions. This Software has a centralized dashboard, it allows users to get more insights into their business swings. This software also helped me much time to see my organizational performance by using QuickBooks Online advanced key performance indicators. Another benefit of using this software that it gives its administrators to assign the chore to the employees for example salespersons and others. Capturing easily digital receipts copies sorting out transactions, tax categories handling and other improved financial operations in this software make me and our organization toughest tasks easier those were never like this before using QuickBooks.

Cons

However, having all these wonderful pros I personally feel some cons of this software being a proficient user. Some of the features for industry types of businesses are not enough just for an example for eCommerce Barcode scanning etc. If I take it out of accounting solution there would be missing some other reports key factors. Sometimes the system crashes happen very rarely but still is a problem.

Still riding market share for over 20 years

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Bank transaction downloads, account reconciliation, payment and invoice recording, tax reporting.

T...

The experience has been fraught with frustration, loads of rework, arcane and unexplained entry rules, dead end data experiences, all punctuated by frequent Intuit attempts to reach for more money out of my pocket.

Pros

Basic functions of creating payments, invoices, bills, checks, etc are workable and fairly intuitive.
Banking Center makes initially downloading bank transactions fairly simple.
Once you modify a report to the point where it is useful, QB can memorize it for ongoing use.
As soon as you get beyond those, best to get prepared with an accounting degree, lots of time to do google searches, and some antacid or aspirin.

Cons

1) if you want to do any interaction with exported files or bank downloads, be prepared to be gouged for the price of a new license every 3 years.

2) for that repurchase, you get very little to nothing improved except more ways Intuit can offer add-ons (for a price).

3) reports are available mostly in standard accounting formats. Detailed custom listings are hard to get at best via the transaction lists. For line items you took the time to enter into a Bill, it's literally impossible.

4) Bank Feeds transaction approval screens are an abomination. Modifying/adding columns: not possible. Finding a rule that auto modifies your entry: good luck. Figuring out how to make a new rule: better google it. Figuring out how to reverse an accidental entry: get out the antacid and aspirin. If that downloaded tran should have been a bill pmt, get stronger antacid.

5) transaction lists: hope you only want to see either ALL, Current Period, Last Period or Next Period. Else get used to a boatload of sorting and scrolling, because there's no way to bracket your data within custom dates.

6) Home screen: want a clean simple Home to find your functions quickly? Too bad; Intuit would rather hit you with marketing. Want to see only a few Account Balances and hide those you never use? Sorry!

7) Support: virtually non-existent outside of the QB User forums, so hope that someone else has asked your question already.

Has any developer at Intuit ever held a user focus group or been a user?

Candice
  • Industry: Photography

Essential items in small Business

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

I love my quickbooks service, all for the organization I can take a look at all our financial information in one place and as my business grows I know Quickbooks and the services can handle it all. Most of all I love the invoicing and the mobile app to keep me organized on the go.

Pros

Where do I begin, first off I need simple! With a busy life and running a small business I don't want to wrap my head around learning a new program. The ease of use was essential and provided, especially with the quick tabs and help buttons, live chat availability. It is comforting to know so much help is available. Also the app is on my phone to create instant invoices on the go so I don't miss anything and I have it set up to send automatic reminders for any outstanding invoices. I also track all my milage to help with convenient reports for the accountant.

Cons

For me it is the cost per month, we are all trying to cut costs and previous you could purchase a program and use it for 5+ years however with changing times and choices in computers, an online service is what we had to go with and it is a monthly fee now.

Response from Intuit

Thank you so much for leaving this kind review, Candice. It's heartwarming to hear that QuickBooks has helped make your busy life easier. Knowing that all of our hard work has paid off is the greatest reward. To stay updated on exciting product news, we encourage you to check out the QuickBooks Blog. https://www.quickbooks-blog.com/ Wishing you a successful rest of your business year! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Andrea
Andrea
  • Used for 1-5 months

Please don't buy this. It's really, really bad.

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

Cons

The multi-store is awful. It uses a third party email client to send the exchanges. Both computers must be using the same email client, or it causes bugs. Then sometimes the store exchange doesn't actually update anything so you have to do it several times. This is super fun when it won't include employee hours from a satellite store and it's payday. In addition to that, if you're setting up a new store, it must be the same version as the other stores, or it won't work. This becomes a problem when they stop supporting the older version after 12-24 months, which means you have to pay to upgrade every single machine in all of your stores.

This software has been a complete nightmare for me, and if you try to call for support you better speak Hindi, otherwise, you're screwed. You don't get a native English speaker on the phone until about the third level of support. An average for me has been a half hour of hold time, plus 20 minutes per level of support, with 10 minute hold times between each "support professional". So generally, it takes an hour and a half of dealing with low-level employees with questionable language skills, asking you the dumbest questions you can imagine before you get someone who can understand what your problem is. I have to do this at least once a month.

If you watch it like a hawk; and by that I mean you check you do a physical inventory count and check your items weekly, and you double check every store exchange, it can work.

This is probably the worst point of sale software on the planet. I've been fighting it for three years, and I'm happy to say I've dumped it for something much better.

The inventory management is not good. It deletes items on its own. It changes the quantity of stock for no particular reason. It loses transactions. It generates duplicate items and prices them at $0, so if your employees aren't paying attention they give stuff away for free. It is impossible to keep an accurate inventory unless you do a physical count about once every two weeks.

Sometimes it simply loses data. For example, in 2014, it lost all records of the sales, inventory receiving and employee hours for February, March, and April. It was really a true joy to sit down and try to explain that to the IRS.

There is nothing that can replace QB. Believe me, I tried them all.

Reviewed on 24/06/2018

Pros

Everyone will tell you it takes a while to get used to, but once you do nothing can compare. The amount of data available to you from this program is just incredible. A basic understanding of bookkeeping is a must but a few online courses and some guidance from a decent accountant will have you on your way to a complete picture of how your business is running, good or bad. We use QB online and thought it doesn't have all the features of the desktop software, we prefer to not have all our data store on one computer in one location since we often travel for work for a month at a time. Also the customer service is by far some of the best i have ever experienced of a modern company. Everytime we did have a problem we would call they took our questions seriously with sincerity and personal responsibility to find the answers as if this were their personal problem. One time we were on the phone for 2 hours and not once did the person seem like he wanted to dismiss us and felt honestly puzzeled about the software glitch.

Cons

There are still a few programing glitches, a few more than I would like there to be. The bank account connections often go down but I have a feeling that has more to do with the banks than the software.

Response from Intuit

First things first, thank you so much for this incredible review! I'm overjoyed QB has done so much for you and your business. All this said, I want to ensure the software is working optimally, and have some info in mind that is widely known to clear up glitches.

To start, try clearing your browser cache. Temporary data, which typically helps pictures and text on frequented web-pages load faster, can cause performance issues in QuickBooks. To remove this info, please follow the directions at community.intuit.com/articles/1145697.

As for the bank connections, this article tackles fixes, as well as how to search for steps to resolve the most common error codes: community.intuit.com/articles/1145508.

This will have you squared away, and I'm wishing you continued success moving forward!

Joel

There is a reason it is the #1 small business accounting softare

Reviewed on 16/08/2018

QuickBooks is your best friend if you are an office worker or new to accounting as it is extremely simple to use. If you are a developer working to interface with it from outside systems you will learn to both love and HATE it. All in all I certainly recommend it to all my clients as the benefits most surely outweigh the problems.

Pros

- Easy to use, intuitive interface. Even non accountants will be able to dive in and use the software.

- Powerful features and reporting allows you to really see where your P&Ls are sitting.

- Tons of training and support available from a wide variety of sources.

- Import and Export ability allows you to interface with other software or pull data into other programs for custom reporting.

- Ability to interface with outside programs to sync data automatically.

- Allows for tracking of inventory and placing/receiving purchase orders from vendors.

- Gives a decent audit trail on item/customer activity so you can see what happened with your financials.

Cons

- QuickBooks is truly incredible, but their database architecture and some of their restrictions are incredibly dated. For example, they limit customer names, product names and several other fields to 31 characters. In today's more complex market it is extremely easy to have product names that are longer than 31 characters and QuickBooks will not let you enter them. They will tell you to either cut the product off at 31 (which can create duplicate names which is not allowed) or they will tell you to rename the product. Neither is good option for most companies. This becomes very apparent when you have customers with the same name, for example John Smith. QuickBooks will only let you create one of them and prevent the other from getting added. Their solution again is to rename the customer by giving it extra characters like a space at the end, or adding a 1 or a 2. But when you are limited to 31 total characters and your office staff then has to make sure that they select the right customer when working with a record, well you can see where these solutions are not really workable either. The pros of the software certainly outweigh this issue and it is possible to come up with internal naming conventions to fix these issues, still with a company the size of Intuit and software as popular as QuickBooks these issues should have been addressed years ago.