Filestage

For teams to manage their content review process

4.8 /5 (56 reviews) Write a Review!
4.8
4.7
4.6
4.8
4.7
Pauline L.

Amazing tool!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

Happy clients! Easy to use, and very intuitive :)

Pros

-Very easy to comment the document
-Very User friendly: we see bullets and the comment appears
-Amazing to be able to see different versions of one document
-One online link, one pop up to invite reviewers to see the document
-Easy to create projects and invite a team to share projects
-Possibility to upload pdf or images into the comments themselves (great!)
-The email is customized with our logo, which is a great idea for our image
-And, the best: my clients are happy to receive this link, and see the comments

Cons

-We could have different colors for bullets points
-All the team members should have access all the projects, without inviting them to see the projects?

Stuart D.

Exactly what we needed!

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

From the first contact with a representative, our experience has been nothing but positive. We were given an excellent demo by a member of the Filestage team prior to purchase and they have been responsive every time I have reached out to them since.

Pros

This is the app we were looking for. It gives us a simple to use set of tools for sending creative work for approval (both internally and externally). The tools for marking up amends are simple and extremely effective. Our clients like Filestage too as the interface for non-licensed users is very easy to navigate and understand.

Cons

To be honest, we've only been using filestage for a few weeks but I have heard no complaints from the team so far. We were encouraged by Filestage to submit ideas for features we'd like to see so that they could be voted on for future dev. So it seems they take customer feedback seriously.

Jovan M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Filestage helps us to move faster with our creative content

Reviewed on 9/11/2019

Creating and collaborating with various range of content seems like a breeze. You can get instant design feedback and you won't wait days/months for it. Good job!

Pros

With Filestage we collaborate on different types of content for various range of uses. You can communicate more precisely with your teammates or remote employees and tell exactly what u want to change, edit or remove. Filestage gives us more clarity in all aspects of content collaboration and content process review. Our workflow now is more streamlined and we are able to execute things faster.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about specifically. Some bugs can occur when you are using a lot of plugins but that's pretty much normal.

Industry: Building Materials

Great Proofing Software for Teams!

Reviewed on 2/12/2020

Great program- highly recommend to other organizations looking to streamline their proofing process!

Pros

Filestage has saved us from endless email/revision chains, speeding up our review process, and making our team more efficient.

Cons

Wish I could download all of the comments associated with a particular revision embedded into the page (Similar to how PowerPoint has a notes page). That would give me a To-Do list of sorts. (I should note that I'm a newer user in Filestage, and they may in fact have this functionality and I just haven't found how to do it yet.) Other than that, the software is fairly intuitive.

Jon K.

Great product!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 16/07/2020

Pros

Filestage is super easy to use. Even my not so tech savvy clients are able to review videos and add comments with ease. And the ability to mark off and highlight specific areas of concern is very helpful. I also like that you can check off feedback that has been completed. And being able to add new "rooms" for versioning is super helpful too.

Cons

I don't have too many complaints or issues. It works pretty seamlessly.

William L.
Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

It's... mediocre at best.

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Pros

On the bright side, it does do what it claims to do. Most of the time. When there aren't bugs. And they are constantly improving the app, so there's that.

Cons

But... it's buggy. Often we receive complaints from clients about a video not loading, or not playing back, or not being able to scrub through the video. Or even being redirected to the Filestage homepage without any errors. There are better alternatives, but you have to pay more for them.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Donvil C.
Industry: Media Production

LOVE FILESTAGE!!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

My team switched from frame.io to filestage.io for our review process. We primarily produce nonprofit, corporate, and commercial productions. Filestage was just much more robust for us at the time. I do understand that other platforms have emerged that and I hear frame.io has improved since we left, however, we just felt that it was simple and worked. There were some initial quirks we shared with the Filestage reps, and 1-by-1 we saw them resolved. One of the most recent ones is the template feature for projects which has SPED UP our project creation process A LOT! We thankfully are on a grandfathered plan where we pay much less than the current advertised cost, but even so I always felt it was a little more than I wanted to pay. Regardless, in our opinion, Filestage is the best we've used so far.

Pros

Support, Ease of use for clients and staff, Adaptability, Flexibility for file types, Options.

Cons

Cost is my only Con due to the size of budget projects I do, but might be a steal for someone else.

Ben C.
Industry: Design

Wish we'd implemented sooner!

Reviewed on 5/08/2020

Brilliant! Wish we had implemented sooner, clients prefer the visual approach and we have managed to reduce the number of revisions we have to work through.
Simply a much better review process than trying to email PDFs and collate feedback from multiple people.

Pros

No more misunderstandings or long emails to read through trying to understand the changes required. Really easy to use which makes onboarding clients quick and effortless.
Allowing our customers to add feedback directly to artwork has sped up our review process significantly, reducing our time in email and delivering projects quicker to our clients.
Our clients find the overview of which files are in review helpful to get a snapshot of where everything is and who's responsible for the next actions.
Being able to add comments to videos at the relevant time stamps makes giving video feedback a lot easier!

Cons

No negative points as yet, but still in early stages of using the software. Very positive experience so far!

Industry: Education Management

Great for collaboration with students and colleagues

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

Pros

I use the software with students and colleagues. It is very easy to use, works like a swiss clock and allows me to give feedback much faster. My favourite feature: Annotate videos. Far better than writing emails or tickets.

Cons

Unfortunately, the project templates are only available in the Pro and Enterprise Version. Would love to use several templates for different projects with my students and colleagues.

Daniel W.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

My customers love Filestage - so do I!

Reviewed on 17/05/2017

You save time in your post-production process and offer clients a great tool. Saves their time and yours!

Pros

- Easy interface
- Easy feedback
- Documentation
- Great customer service

Easy interface, especially for customers. My clients can provide me with detailed feedback on the spot. They just click into the video and write a comment. They don't need to send timecodes, need to make lists, write an email. Revision became much more efficient.
Once my customer reviewed my videos, pdf's etc. I get a notification and have an easy to do list.

It's possible to brand the software and fit it into your company.

You also have a clear documentation and approval from your customers, which can be handy when things get complicated at a later point.

Filestage is easy reachable and help with everything.

Cons

Features for sorting projects: The interface improved a lot since I started, but there are small things, for which I use workarounds.
Projects in the overview can't be sorted in an easy. I think it's only date and alpha-numerical. I rename my projects therefore with 00.. 01.. etc.
But the team is listening and I hope the will add this feature soon!

Response from Filestage

Thanks for the review!

Hannah E.

Filestage has been a great tool for removing roadblocks to get projects completed efficiently.

Reviewed on 8/06/2018

Read my review!

Pros

We have a creative studio where we design and paint graphics, and Filestage has been a game-changer for getting projects from concept to the real world quickly, with very happy clients (and us). We usually start off with a draft document, send a link to the client, have the client comment directly on the draft with questions/feedback, and then we can respond and/or add a new draft, then repeat the whole process until everyone's happy. We like how easy it is to get a client to respond on Filestage, and that our clients aren't forced through a weird UI or made to sign up for the app themselves. We love not having to send giant PDFs through email or dropbox, and forcing document download after document download until you can't remember which version is the most recent or how many times you have the same document draft saved in your "downloads" folder. That said, you can still enable each Filestage doc to be downloadable, so if our clients do want to download files, we like that it's an option for them.

Cons

Clunky to use on mobile, an app would be great eventually, for even more on-the-go quick response ability. Price is a bit steep too, but you get a lot, so understandable.

Response from Filestage

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback!

Best,
The Filestage Team

Richard E.
Industry: Education Management

Easy for anyone to use, well priced, and not limiting.

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

Customer servicer has been great when we needed it, which is hardly ever.

Pros

I like that not everyone in our organization has to be registered as a user and when we send something off to proof they can just click the link and open it without dealing with user names and passwords. We don't have to pay by the amount of users either.
The features are simple, we've had very little questions from users on how to use it.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any other than trying to get our campus used to doing things differently.

Vanessa W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Very helpful and fun to use

Reviewed on 13/07/2019

Our first tool to give reviews to our creators was our intranet email. This was very stressful and unorganized. With filestage we had the opportunity to improve this project from zero to 100 in a short time. Now its much more organized, you can communicate well with your employees and tell exactly what u want to change. Thats it!

Pros

The tools to mark in the content of our creators and that you can have many projects of your organization in one place. And there are different options: For departments, projects, internal projects,... its so helpful to have them all in one place

Cons

there is really nothing I can tell. It improved our processes very well and there's nothing that I can tell right now

Lizzy M.

Filestage Helps to Move Our Projects Forward

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

Pros

I love how easy it is to upload, comment on, and share files. Filestage makes
project collaboration a breeze. I spend more time moving a project forward
vs. figuring out how to move it forward. Filestage does that for us.

Cons

Filestage meets our needs. I haven't encountered any features that are
missing.

Kason B.

Decreased Review Time for Videos & Websites

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 3/07/2018

Pros

I have a website and video production company. The review process is now a snap. I simply send the filestage link - instruct the client to leave all the feedback on there, then we will execute all their reviews for a flat "revision" cost - since endless revisions are the least profitable part of the job.

Cons

I had a bit of trouble with the annotation feature early on. It turns out the google adblock plugin breaks some of the code so I just disabled it on filestage.io

Vivien D.
Industry: Photography
Company size: Self Employed

filestage is the best and easiest way to get a feedback from your customers

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 9/01/2019

I'm a freelance videographer and sometimes it's very stressfull to get all information you need from your customer. Filestage is a very helpfull tool to get feedback, because the customer can comment exactly the frame that needs to be changed. You also can upload new versions on the same file, so it is very clear to use.

Pros

- easy upload
- clear layout
- great comment tool
- very friendly support
- you can update your files to a newer version without any struggle

Cons

I have nothing to critize. I'm very happy with this tool :)

Evan U.

FileStage has significantly improved our creative collaboration and our clients love it!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017

Pros

Simple collaboration made easy

Non-tech clients who love the experience

Ability to branded the platform

Cons

Completely white label with a custom subdomain (design.asimpleclean.agency) and for emails to come from our email addresses

David W.

I highly recommend to any Team handeling film projects over long-, or short distances.

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

a faster easier project work. we saved alot of time working on our project cause the feedback chain was quick to execute from anywhere.

Pros

Shared project work over any distance has never been so easy! Can't imagine any future projects without filestages assistance. Thanks! You can mark any spot in a frame and leave a comment. You may also draw scetches into frames to further illustrate corrections for your team mates.

Cons

didn't have any trouble yet. Filestage does exactly what it was made to do with excellence! Also has a friendly customer support.

Jaco V.
Industry: Motion Pictures & Film
Company size: Self Employed

Superb Best review and collaboration product available!

Reviewed on 14/11/2016

The moment I signed up I knew I found something great! The interface is easy to understand and use. My recent clients were very impressed. Customer support is amazing! They're very quick to reply to emails and ready to help with anything! This product just boosted my way of communicating with clients to a whole new level. Totally worth your money!

Pros

The easy to use interface and quick response combined with great customer support.

Cons

Nothing everything is good

Response from Filestage

So happy that you find Filestage useful ;-) Thanks a lot for your great feedback!

Best wishes & happy reviewing,
The Filestage Team

Tomas M.
Industry: Renewables & Environment

Good solution for our needs

Reviewed on 4/11/2020

As many international media projects in our company started to appear, I think Filestage was the right choice for us. It is an easy-to-use online proofing software that helps us get our company and product videos reviewed and approved faster.

Pros

The user-friendly environment makes it easy to work with.

Cons

In the short time of using the software, I did not find any cons of it.

Jenny T.

Makes reviewing creative easy

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 4/02/2020

Overall I really like it - I would love for it to integrate with other project management tools I use like Basecamp.

Pros

Easy to mark up creative without having to download and upload so many PDFs - I can mark exactly where I want to see changes, and can clearly see how other reviewers have marked it up and if they have approved it.

Cons

It's easy to click into the wrong version and not realize there's a newer version that I should be reviewing instead - sometimes my notification emails come out of order, which causes this.

Sarah F.
Industry: Design

So helpful!

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

Pros

Filestage has been invaluable for keeping track of internal and client revisions on design projects – especially being a freelance designer that's not in the office engaging with the team. Previously we'd been adding sticky notes to PDF files, but this was hard to keep track of. I love being able to keep track of the edits and mark off which ones have been completed. This is HUGE in keeping organized. It's also helpful to be able to reply to specific comments so that all of the communication on that one piece is together. The user interface is clean and easy to use. I like having the 2-panel view – with project on one side and comments on the other. Being able to sift through multi-page documents and easily see any remaining edits has made the revision process run so much more smoothly. I also love having the ability to hide resolved comments, so you can easily see your remaining tasks.

Cons

One suggestion: There was one instance where there were a couple of unresolved comments on version 1, but we needed time to figure them out and in the meantime we moved onto version 2. It would be nice if they were a way to transfer unresolved comments from one version over to the next version so that we can keep track of them as we move through the project phases.

Moritz S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Filstage is easy to use

Reviewed on 3/07/2019

Pros

I liked the most, that our students marketing association could easily do the Corporate Design checks, which are necessary for us. The Design is very clear, which makes orientation in the application easy, too. Even without knowing similar software before, I knew after very few minutes, how to deal with it.

Cons

Sometimes I had the feeling, that some Comments on already uploaded Pictures weren't send as an email to the others, cause the notification on the right lower corner was missing sometimes.

Paul H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

We got hooked on filestage right with the first project. Using it for almost all correction rounds.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 18/07/2017

Quick and clean corrections and voting rounds with the customers. Saving a lot of time, effort and nerve.

Pros

The simplicity of working with it - especially when giving the link of a file to a customer. There is no need for him to sign up, which makes it really easy to use.
Also, the usability and the user experience is great. Its actually fun to work with, even considering it is about something as tough as dealing with corrections of customers.
Everything is beeing kept clear and manageable.
We also love how we can handle nearly every kind of file.

Cons

It kinda reaches its limit when handling really big pdfs (more than 200 pages), since people are going to download the pdf and will make their comments there, instead of in filestage.

Maria M.
Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 1/06/2020

I've been working remotely for 3 years and I've suffered from not having a tool to organise the review workflow. Now getting my worked reviewed takes less time and effort.

Pros

Easy to use, supports many file types, charged by active projects and not by file storage or number of files.

Cons

Sometimes it is a bit slow, specially for users that are force to use older browsers.