ScaleFactor

ScaleFactor

Daily automated bookkeeping & cash visibility

4.2/5 (13 reviews)
Jennifer G.
Industry: Higher Education

Great Bookkeeping and Accounting Services That Grow With Your Business

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 22/02/2019

We love the platform and have been exceptionally happy with the level of service for our bookkeeping needs. When we have required additional services as we grow, like outsourced CFO services, they've been supportive and have recommended the best of the best providers in their network for us to work with. I trust ScaleFactor and highly recommend working with them for bookkeeping services.

Pros

ScaleFactor is constantly developing and adapting client dashboards and reporting in the platform, providing versatile data that supports better decision making for our business. This is the complete opposite experience we had with QBO, although we still require Quickbooks as a business, QBO dashboards haven't significantly changed over time and aren't customizable to show us what we need to know in real-time to make better business decisions. ScaleFactor provides us with real-time reporting capabilities and often interviews us to make sure they're capturing actionable and critical data points that are most important to the services industry and our business. Having this type of data at our fingertips saves us time and keeps us out of Excel.

Cons

I would like to have more training available for the platform available so I understand the full capabilities of the tool. The tool seems to be growing quickly, which is awesome, but as a busy business owner I feel like the platform has developed many more capabilities since we became a client and we aren't currently using its full capabilities.

Response from ScaleFactor

Hi Jennifer! First off, thank you so much for leaving us a positive review. We are thrilled to hear that our reports and data insights have helped save you time to focus more on your business. We just launched our help center which we hope will be helpful in learning how to use ScaleFactor's platform. You can access that here: https://help.scalefactor.com/. Also, we are actively working on finding ways to better educate our users and help them stay up to date with our software capabilities, so stay tuned for that! Again, thank you for taking the time and please let us know if you have any other feedback at [email protected] - Hannah

Justin W.
Industry: Food & Beverages

One of the best software investments our team has made

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

Overall, I'd highly recommend ScaleFactor for anyone looking for an accounting solution. The result for us has been clean books and peace of mind. Price is fair as well.

Pros

Most software product are truly just software with little backbone behind it. Outputs are only as good as the inputs but sometimes teams don't have the capability to create good inputs. ScaleFactor has been amazing because they have a full team supporting our account behind the software. They've been swift in responding to requests or questions, and overall we haven't had to think about our accounting systems since we completed onboarding.

Cons

Like with any financial related software, it's tough to trust the numbers you see without necessarily knowing how they were derived. Sometimes financial accounts disconnect which would mean the numbers are not true anymore. Fortunately the team is quick to let you know, but it's still up to you to reconnect.

Response from ScaleFactor

Thanks for the great review, Justin! Peace of mind is what we're after, and we're so happy you've found it with ScaleFactor.

Joseph S.
Industry: Computer Software

Great software, great support, great results.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 19/02/2019

Great - the team was efficient on getting me onboarded, the process wasn't nearly as painful as I thought. The service has been great, love the new features they are adding. Three years as a customer and running!

Pros

They make it really easy to onboard and handle all my accounting and booking. Once they are up and running they handle all my bookkeeping and accounting, giving me clean, accurate P&Ls every months as well as other insightful reports. Occasionally they ping me for clarification but usually only takes 5-10 minutes. More time growing less time with accounting.

Cons

Sometimes I wish the pricing would be more variable instead of a fixed cost as we are seasonal but understand the difficulty in that.

Response from ScaleFactor

Hi Joseph! First of all, thank you so much for your positive review. Our customer feedback helps us improve our business and our products, so we really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We're so glad that our products have helped you to spend more time growing your business for the past three years! If you have any ideas on how we can improve our software, please let us know at [email protected] We would love to make your experience even better! Thanks again! - Hannah

Kzaman1 Z.

Best Accounting Platform + Service

Reviewed on 26/02/2019

ScaleFactor is a great company to work with. The customer service is just incredible. If you have an issue, they're highly responsive via email, phone, text, whatever it takes. They educate you as a customer about basic accounting principles. If they don't know the answer, they'll go out and find it for you.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to set up and use and streamlines all of our accounting / book-keeping needs.

Cons

Sometimes one of our bank account disconnects. Our other bank accounts work fine so we think that's more of the bank's issue than a ScaleFactor software issue.

Response from ScaleFactor

Hi Khuram! Thank you so much for your positive review! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what¿s working well and what we could maybe improve. Our customer experience is something we really care about, so we are so happy to hear that you have had great customer service and that our software has streamlined your accounting needs. If you have any more feedback, please let us know at [email protected] Thanks again! - Hannah

Sarah S.
Industry: Retail

Going well, getting settled

Reviewed on 27/02/2019

Pretty good. I'm just starting out so it's taking us awhile to get my books in order so I can use all the resources. It's taking longer than I expected but I appreciate my team and how thorough they are. A little pricey for my small business but I'm glad to be a part of the ScaleFactor family.

Pros

Easy to access my reports in a visual way.

Cons

That I can only read and reply to my messages by going to the portal. It takes my more time.

Response from ScaleFactor

Hi Sarah! Thank you so much for your positive review! We appreciate all your feedback and hearing how the onboarding process has been for you. Your feedback helps us know what we can do better and what we are already doing well, so thank you for taking the time. Please let us know if there¿s anything else we can do to make our platform even better at [email protected] Thanks for being a part of the ScaleFam! Have a great day. - Hannah

Industry: Internet

A good vision -- but reality does not match expectations.

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

We felt oversold. The vision is good but the execution is poor. We have wasted dozens of hours correcting the errors made in our account.

Pros

ScaleFactor promises an AI-powered software that categorizes data accurately and in real time. Because it is powered by machines, it is less expensive than human alternatives. This is highly attractive.

Cons

In our experience, the company does not employ AI to any meaningful degree. I would recommend asking these questions: 1) how long does it take to close the books? Since it is AI-based, we would assume that it would be fast. The actual results were >4 weeks for us, 2) How many people will have access to our data? In our case we saw dozens of people with access to documents that we shared with them, 3) If their machines are doing the work, why do they require a contract? Machines have very low overhead and if they are that fast and reliable, they shouldn't need a contract. The service should speak for itself.

The claims made were big and bold. The results are slow and inaccurate.

Response from ScaleFactor

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our solutions. Customer happiness is our number one priority and we'd love to connect directly to address your concerns. Please reach out to us at [email protected] when you're able.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Connor J.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Accounting I can afford!

Reviewed on 19/02/2019

I've got professional accounting watching my growing business daily without the enormous expense of a salaried accountant.

Pros

Web based ubiquity helps me stay up to date constantly.

Cons

There's some stark emptiness when we get going initially and it caused me a bit of wonder, but the human support helped clear it up quickly.

Response from ScaleFactor

Hi Connor! Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We appreciate your patience at the beginning and are happy to hear about our team¿s quick response! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and customer reviews help us better understand what we can do to make your experience better. Please let us know how we can improve our products and features at [email protected] Thanks again! - Hannah

Dennis J.
Industry: Real Estate

ScaleFactor an evolving platform with significant customer upside

Reviewed on 26/02/2019

Excellent customer service; appear to have good customer focused corporate culture.

Pros

Automating what can logically be automated in bookkeeping and accounting.

Cons

User interface for messages needs work to be first rate.

Response from ScaleFactor

Hi Dennis! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is super helpful in letting us know what we're doing well and what we can do better, so thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're happy to hear that you have had a great customer experience. If you have any questions or more feedback, please let us know at [email protected] Have a great day! - Hannah

Tom J.
Industry: Computer Software

Great experience and ease of mind!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 20/02/2019

ScaleFactor has made maintaining our books easy and automatic.

Pros

Easy to use and don't have to worry about getting the books closed out at the end of each month.

Cons

Nothing. They've had their growing pains, but every startup goes through them.

Response from ScaleFactor

Hi Tom! Thank you for leaving a review. As we continue to automate back office tasks for businesses, these reviews are super helpful in driving our next move and what we can do better. With that being said, we are so happy to hear that maintaining your books has become a lot easier with ScaleFactor's automated solutions! If you have any more feedback, please let us know at [email protected] Thanks again! - Hannah

Priyanka M.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Scalefactor Review

Reviewed on 19/02/2019

Great and attentive people who understand my business and ready to go extra mile to help

Pros

Comprehensiveness and ability to view data in a meaningful manner

Cons

It’s Difficult to sign into. I can’t sign in using chrome

Response from ScaleFactor

Hi Priyanka! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so glad that you are happy with ScaleFactor and the financial data we provide. Also, we apologize for the login issues you experienced on Chrome. Our team has fixed the issue, so you should be up and running again! Please let us know if you have any additional feedback at [email protected] Thank you again for your review and have a great day!
- Hannah

Haley R.
Industry: Restaurants

Great services for services businesses!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Greater visibility

Pros

At a glance financials - reliable for businesses with repeatable, recurring financial inputs and outputs

Cons

Not always real-time depending on your cash cycles

Response from ScaleFactor

Hi Haley! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback as it helps drive what ScaleFactor can do better and what products may be more useful for our customers. With that being said, we are so glad that our software has given you greater visibility into your business. If you have any other feedback or questions, please let us know at [email protected] Thank you and have a great day! - Hannah

Bill M.
Industry: Automotive

REVIEW

Reviewed on 1/03/2019

SLOW RESPONSE IN GETTING REPORTS, THE PEOPLE ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND PLEASANT

Pros

AUTOMATION FOR GATHERING DATA AND INFORMATION

Cons

THERE ARE A LOT OF ICONS AND TABS THAT ARE NOT USED

Response from ScaleFactor

Hi Bill! First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback helps guide us on what we can do better to improve your customer experience. We'd love to touch base on the icons and tabs that you're referring to, so we can ensure you're getting the most out of our product. I will talk with my team and see if we can set up some time to connect. Please reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any other feedback. Thanks again! - Hannah

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Bart H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Change 4 Love review

Used Monthly for 1-5 months

good communication

Pros

on my phone and I can make quick looks into my business

Cons

dont understand the software all that much and not much training on it

Response from ScaleFactor

Hi Bart! Thank you so much for taking the time to review ScaleFactor! We are so glad to hear that our service has enabled you to get visibility into your financials quickly and on mobile. And thank you for letting us know about your wish for more training! We actually just launched our help center here: https://help.scalefactor.com/ and are actively looking into how we can better educate folks on all the capabilities our software offers as we grow. Stay tuned for that! In the meantime, if you have any other questions or feedback, please reach out to [email protected] Thanks again! - Hannah

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10