WIDEO

Web-based animated video marketing creation platform

4.1 /5 (33 reviews) Write a Review!
4.1
4.2
3.9
4.2
4.3
Rainer B.
Industry: Education Management

A fast track to a professional video

Reviewed on 3/12/2018

Pros

Quite intuitive, comprehensive, sound and external graphical media integration and ready-for-use templates

Cons

I've constantly experienced issues with the Firefox flash-plug in. The support teams has been fast in responding, but I missed a sense of ownership. I've alwyas been referred to a standard configuration which was of no help. To date the issue is not solved and I can't tell whether this is an app issue or a local issue with my configuration.

Response from WIDEO

Rainer, thank you so much for your feedback!

Is great to hear that you find our templates professional and that you could create professional videos in a simple way.

Regarding your issues with flash, I absolutely understand your frustration. We have been working along the last year in a migration process of the editor to a new technology: html5.
The first editor we launched 6 years ago was based on flash technology, today an obsolete technology with a lot of issues in different browsers. It still works on chrome but in other browsers is difficult to activate.
In November 2018 we launched the first version of the new editor with great results, I hope you can try it!

Again, thank you so much for your feedback, very useful.

Alison G.

I have loved using Wideo. I haven't used it recently because I've branched out into real video

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 16/08/2017

Pros

The simplicity of use, like building a PowerPoint or KeyNote presentation. Also the clean look. That's my answer!

Cons

Last time I used it, I found it hard to create certain special effects. For eg. I tried to create a dropping feather in one video. That's probably a job for Adobe AfterEffects.

Response from WIDEO

Allison, thank you so much for your feedback.
Detailed animations like a dropping feather effect are indeed possible in Wideo, but require an advanced and more complex use of keyframes.

I¿ve specially created a video project (which I¿m sharing here so you can reuse to inspect https://wideo.co/es/view/21502973382464-dropping-feather-effect) and I¿m also sending via email a GIF to show you the process it took to create the effect.

From the user front end what is not possible right now is to control the animation easing curves. This is set by default with a deceleration by the end of each keyframe to help non-advanced users create soften fluid animations.

Of course this particular animation, with more work, can look even better. But I just wanted to picture the example quickly.

Thanks again, have a nice day.

Lucas E.
Industry: Consumer Goods
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

I should have start using it before

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

Keep it simple and use Wideo

Pros

It gave me a new tool to offer my clients and in my company: video templates. Even though I have plenty of experience using different video editors software, having pre-built templates have made my work easier. I can deliver video content way faster for any marketing strategy I want to start.

Cons

That it doesn’t have more “professional” features to customize the templates. Maybe because I put to much focus in details

Response from WIDEO

Thanks for the review Lucas!

Mohsin J.

Wideo Review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 10/08/2018

Pros

We are able to quickly create short videos. The UI is very easy to navigate and user friendly.

Cons

The application has some bugs and crashes too much.

Response from WIDEO

Mohsin, thanks so much for your feedback!

We are working in a new HTML5 editor which will perform much better than the flash editor (besides allowing us to develop new features). We will launch it in October 2018. Hope you can try it!

Good to know that you find our current editor user friendly.

Juan martín P.
Industry: Chemicals
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

My favourite software

Reviewed on 9/04/2019

Simply brilliant

Pros

It has made my life easier. It should exist video templates for everything. I used them to create awesome videos which enable me to complete a variety of projects and express my ideologies at university and also, for private matters. You guys are killing it.

Cons

I would like to have more sounds options

Response from WIDEO

Thanks for the review Martin! We are working in the music library to offer our users more and more options every day.
All the best!

Industry: Internet

Billing Error

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 5/06/2018

none

Pros

Nothing at all in any way. This was a awful product. Do not buy it. Avoid avoid avoid at all costs or you will regret this purchase in a major way.

Cons

The billing stated we were paying for one month. It however without telling you then repeated the one time charge less than 30 days later and refused me a refund. They have terrible drag and drop options and little to no animations.

Response from WIDEO

Hi there, I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

As stated on our payments and pricing page, our plans are subscription-based and renew monthly or annually, depending on the plan you choose at the time of purchase. All users are able to cancel the subscription at any time from the profile settings page.

We communicate this not only on the checkout page but also in the email we sent after the purchase.

From what I see, it is still not clear that the renewal is automatic, we will take it into account to improve the communication of the renewals.

Again, I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Catalina G.

The best video software

Reviewed on 17/04/2017

I love this new video software. It is very easy to use and has many templates. I would love to see a special offer from them specially for non profits or educational organizations.

Pros

Very easy to use

Cons

No special offers for nonprofits

Response from WIDEO

Catalina thanks so much for the review, we will consider the non profit organizations and see if we can include an special offer for them.

Mauricio M.

TERRIBLE experience

Reviewed on 11/06/2018

Pros

If you are a student and get the discount maybe. But at the end of the day, I'm biased. I can't see any good.

Cons

I started with the free trial. During this time, they give you full access to all the elements. I decided to download the video and I had the plan to make more, so I went for a basic membership. To my surprise, I didn't have access to any of the elements I used before. So I decided to talk with one of their "happiness customer agents". I explained that I didn't have access to the elements I needed and I requested a refund. After 10 painful exchange of emails, they told me that it was "clearly advertised" what's included. But of course, during the trial, they let you use everything, but once you pay, they limit you.

Response from WIDEO

Mauricio, I'm very sorry for your bad experience with the tool.

During the trial period, users can access all features except downloads or uploads to YouTube.
Once the trial period ends (as with your case), users access the features based on the plan they choose and if they do not choose any plan they do not have the possibility to continue editing the videos until they upgrade to one of our plans
I understand your disappointment when you realized that the plan you chose had less features than the trial (although it included downloads and upload to Youtube), I will pass this to the communication team and product team so that it is better clarified how the process is and there are no other people who are with the same problem than you.

Again, thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry for your bad experience.

Luciano M.
Industry: Design
Company size: Self Employed

Excellent product, very recommend.

Reviewed on 5/09/2017

Pros

- It is very easy to make changes and see them reflected quickly.
- Easy to use without previous knowledge of animation.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to add and edit video. I think this would make it a very complete tool :)

Response from WIDEO

Hi Luciano, thank you for the feedback!

We are very glad to make your job easier.

We¿ve analyzed including filmed video importing feature in the past. However, we¿ve decided to focus exclusively on animated videos since that¿s were we are experts on.
Besides we couldn¿t find a good way to perform that kind of files in our tool yet.
Notice you can still import animated GIF files (animated icons, filmed gifs videos, screencast demo videos, etc) and work above them with graphics, fonts, and animations.

Annie P.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Give rep a Ferrari - she's the best trainer anyone could want in the world of annimation

Reviewed on 19/01/2017

Wideo is fantastic! We have been dragged kicking and screaming into the confusing world of animation with a complete conversion to obsession from the talented teachings of rep (sorry, we also love alliteration) who has the patience of a Saint! Definitely give it a go - if you are an agency, your clients will thank you.

Pros

It's easy for thickies like me that have to do new funky stuff on socials daily for bone crushing ROI seeking clients.

Cons

I can't file my uploaded backgrounds into separate client files and I want more music tracks coz I can't sing.

Response from WIDEO

Annie, thank you so much for your kind words! You have been such an eager learner and enthusiastic adopter of Wideo, and it has been my pleasure to work with you! I hope you continue to see great results with videos for your clients.

I will let the developers know that a folder system for uploaded backgrounds would be helpful.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We all appreciate it very much!

All my best,
Taryn

Cristian T.

fun and easy animations with just a few clicks

Reviewed on 9/07/2018

allows to make animations that serve as tutorials for various processes, which, in my case when working with teachers and students, makes it a very powerful tool to show action strategies, as well as to show the mistakes that are made in a class room .

Pros

-you can make animations easily, which is perfect for a "draw my life" video tutorial.
-It is quite simple and intuitive the environment, which makes the work much easier.
-all elements are well organized by types and styles.
-It has several built-in animated elements, but also allows you to upload your images to add them.

Cons

one of the things to improve, and I think the most important thing is that everything is based on internet connection, so if you are in a place with difficult connection or just cut the internet you can not wideo anything.

Response from WIDEO

Hi Cristian, thanks for your awesome feedback!

I understand the need to use it offline, I'm going to pass it to the product team to take your concerns into account. We are currently finishing developing the new editor based on HTML5, once solved this could be a good alternative to think a "downloadable" editor.

Thanks for your feedback!

Zoran L.

Simple, template-based online app for creating video business presentations and more.

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

For freelancers, small, medium and even some large businesses, Wideo.co is a reasonable return on investment. It creates simple or more sophisticated animated videos that will catch the attention of the business audience. It seems particularly fitting for Internet marketers and alike.

A large support section and plenty of the video tutorials are available. It uses a not-secure, soon obsolete flash player for editing a video.

There are many other similar online and offline applications. The limitations exist within the less expensive subscription tiers. Study the comparison columns before a purchase. Spend some time with the app, visit their YouTube channel and decide if your business benefited from this particular platform. It is a good solution for what it is within its limitations.

Pros

Moderately easy template-based creation of a business presentation video and more.
Able to control individual frames for detailed animation.
The auto-save feature automatically saves the work every three minutes.
Clear and responsive interface.
Special discount for educators and students.
Rather expensive plans, but with a discount on annual billing.
Occasional promotions and specials.
The 7-day trial does not require a credit card.
Control the privacy of the videos.
Imports MP3 files.
Videos can be reusable over and over.
Cloud/web-based so it can be used on a variety of platforms.
Chrome extension available.
Compatible with Google Drive.
Variety of tutorial videos and how to articles.
Available in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Korean languages.
The social media uploads, including the YouTube.
High-definition video formats downloads.

Cons

Flash must be enabled to run the web application.
Less expensive subscription tiers present substantial limitation.
The one-minute limitation does not justify the basic package price.
The seven-day only trial.
A video download not-allowed during the seven-day trial.
A user video upload/import not-possible at all.
During the editing process, impossible to apply different sounds to various scenes.
No audio effects per animation nor a video.
Sounds fade out if shorter than a video.
No free subscription plan available.
Only Roman and Korean alphabets supported but, it uploads the text-based images.
The interactive video option only applies to its native player.

Response from WIDEO

Zoran, thank you very much for your review!
We are glad you've found Wideo easy to use.

We are working on a new html5 based version to stop having to manually activate Flash plug in.
We hope to have it ready as soon as possible.
Have a nice day.

Francisco P.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Wideo is a decent option

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

It served its purpose. I created more than 20 videos with it, and the overall experience and feedback about them, was pretty good. But there are still many things to improve. More importantly knowing that there is a lot of competition with other competitors that offer similar services.

Pros

It's easy to use. Once you get used to it, you can make good animations. It's obviously not aimed at professional video animators. But for someone that wants to make a couple of videos fast and easy, this is a great tool.

Cons

With the last update to HTML5, there were many things that are yet to be added. One of the features i miss the most is the shortcut for Undo. Little things like this, become annoying when you have to spend 4 hours making a video. When suggesting ideas, customer support tells you that they will work on it, but i'm not sure you ever hear of it again.

Response from WIDEO

Dear Francisco, thank you so much for taking the time to review Wideo.
We know there are some things that are not ready yet, but we are moving forward very fast.
Regarding shortcuts, we've just released a new version with undo and other 16 shortcuts. (ctrl + Z for PC; Command + Z for Mac)

Would you like to leave us your email so we can put in touch to discuss these and other things to improve? We want to offer you a free month subscription as we really appreciate the time you take to help us create a better Wideo.

Looking forward to your answer.
Have a nice day! Thank you again!

Darcy H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

A real time saver, a great shortcut

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 7/08/2018

Pros

I appreciate that Wideo allows you to quickly create videos.

Cons

I've had some oddities happen here and there (things get glitchy), but nothing too bad.

Response from WIDEO

Darcy, thank you so much for your feedback.

We are working in a new HTML5 editor which will perform much better than the flash editor. We will launch it in October 2018.

It makes us very happy to know that you could save time by creating your video content with Wideo.

Nick C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: Self Employed

Super happy with the product and support from Wideo

Reviewed on 11/09/2017

able to produce quality videos quickly

Pros

Easy to use, the interface is very intuitive and I came up to speed quickly. My clients really like the videos.

Cons

There are a few bells & whistles I wish it had but it seems that the Wideo team is actively working on feature enhancement.

Response from WIDEO

Hi Nick, thank you very much for your feedback!
We are very happy to make your job easier and help you with your business.

Martie R.
Industry: Accounting

WIDEO is pretty darn spiffy

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 7/12/2018

Overall I have been happy with WIDEO, I am looking forward to the program growing and developing into something even better!

Pros

I've used WIDEO for multiple clients and have found it very useful. It is a great program to use to create information videos about products and services.

Cons

I wish there were more graphics. After I've made a few videos I feel like I'm stuck using the same images and templates again and again.

Response from WIDEO

Thanks Martie for your review!

We are glad to listen that Wideo has been helpful for your business.
We are constantly working on new graphics and templates. Have a look in our website as we are improving and creating new functionalities every week.

Again, thanks for your feedback! It's really useful for us.

Sam P.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Great Customer Service and Features for the Price

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Nothing but great customer support and great content.

Pros

Wideo has almost all the features you need to create any type of animation video. Being able to easily upload your own content and graphics makes customization a blast. Features are great and it seems like they are improving and updating frequently. Customer service is responsive and extremely helpful.

Cons

Variety of graphics is good but not great.

Response from WIDEO

Sam, thank you so much for your feedback!

I'm very grateful to hear that Wideo was very useful for your business.
As you mentioned, we are constantly working to improve the functionality of the editor. Currently, we are launching a new editor based on html5 technology since the flash technology is disappearing.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback!

Laura elena D.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Wideo Review

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 26/09/2018

I used this video for a scolar proyect and was very good.

Pros

The cute interface and the easy way to use the tool

Cons

Is very poor in tools and the interface is for kids

Response from WIDEO

Laura thanks so much for your feedback.

I see that you found the tool simple to use. That is our main goal since Wideo is designed so that people who don't have animation skills can easily create videos for their business.
Maybe you already had experience in the world of animation and maybe you found the tool too simple (almost for kids).
We will continue working every day to incorporate new features, integrations, etc.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback!

Jessica B.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great product that produces fast results

Reviewed on 7/09/2019

Pros

Easy to put together videos quickly for mobile app marketing. Templates are sized to be used across multiple social media channels, including Instagram stories.

Cons

Sometimes pictures I upload into a video go missing when I return to edit or review it at a later date on the Wideo platform. This is easy to fix though since they are all saved under "My Images".

Response from WIDEO

Hi Jessica, thank you so much for your feedback.

We are pleased to know that you found our templates useful.

Regarding the bug with images, we already fixed so it shouldn't happen again.

Thanks again for your feedback and for trusting in us.

Pamela B.

They help my business look professional

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2/09/2017

Pros

How easy it is to use and the templates they provide to start with since I'm not a computer designer.

Cons

I don't like that there are no options to include videos inside the software. That would be a great option.

Response from WIDEO

Hi Pamela, thank you very much for your review!
We are very happy to have helped provide your business with a simple way to look professional. Also, thank you so much for your suggestion to help us improve.
In the past, we¿ve analyzed adding a feature that lets you import video. However, we¿ve decided to focus exclusively on animated videos since that¿s what we are experts in.
Additionally we haven't been able to find a good way to integrate those kinds of files into our tool yet.
Keep in mind that you can still import animated GIF files (animated icons, filmed gif videos, screencast demo videos, etc) and add graphics, fonts, and animations to them.

Carol N.
Industry: Design

We worked with Wideo using one of their animators (Matias) for a custom video.

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 29/06/2018

We actually did not use the software yet, except for a trial but will soon.

Pros

Flexible, easy to use. We used the trial and decided it would be great for future in-house projects, where an animator was outside of our budget parameters.

Cons

We didn't end up using the software ourselves for this specific project because unique illustrations were required, but look forward to using it in the future.

Response from WIDEO

Carol! Thanks for your feedback.

It was a pleasure working with you, hopefully one day you can try to edit the customized video that Matias did or create new videos yourself.

Good luck with your business!

Thanks again :)

Natalie W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Good Software but could be better

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 17/06/2020

It was not a bad experience trialling this software but we had found that this was no the best for us.

Pros

It is easy to use, popular drag and drop feature and effective. It was easy to make a short video on the free option we used to test the software while searching for an appropriate visual aid tool.

Cons

The images/characters were not as good as we had seen and tested on other sites. We also felt that there was a limited amount of ethnic characters compared to other sites too.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Internet

Wideo is the best animated video tool I found, I use it to make videos on a monthly basis.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 9/11/2017

With video, I get to communicate easier with prospects and potential customers. Wideo helps me do that in an easy way

Pros

The templates, I hardly ever need to create a video from scratch.
I like that I can upload the videos directly to Facebook as a native Facebook video with autoplay, which helps me to reach a wider audience.

Since I make monthly videos, I like how easy it is to clone scenes and templates so I don't have to start over every time.

Cons

The waiting time for downloading a video and if I'm exigent, I would like to be able to categorize the images that I upload to save time

Response from WIDEO

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback!

Christophe J.
Industry: Human Resources

Good editor but some improvements to make

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

Pros

Affordable, flexible and easy to master.

Cons

Lack of certain functionalities, cheaper plans are quickly limiting

Response from WIDEO

Thanks Christophe for your review!

We are glad that you find Wideo easy to master. Being an easy-to-use software is one of our main objectives.
We are in constant improvement and adding new functionalities every week too.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback!

Marcos G.

An easy and fun way to create amazing animated videos without much effort or time

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 13/06/2018

Pros

We have to create a lot of content, and animated content is always better received. Wideo allows us to create modern and very dynamic videos thanks to the fact that they have a library with a great variety of elements and animations to choose from. From templates of places and situations, to be able to define the movements of each of the characters. It's great and relatively easy to use. Once you know the dynamics of work and where to find everything you can produce great videos quickly.

Cons

As a web app, you'll need to be connected in order to use it. Besides that, we would like them to update (and expand) their library, since many competitors do so regularly, theirs might become poor in comparison.

Response from WIDEO

Mark thank you very much for your feedback.

We are currently working very hard on an editor update to a new technology: HTML5. Once finalized that, we will put the product team to work in new features and updates of the library.
Monthly we try to add new video templates to renew the library but we will also begin to incorporate new features and more libraries within the editor.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback.