RQ Retail Management

Retail management system & POS for speciality retailers

4.3 /5 (53 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
4.5
4.4
4.3
4.2
Mary C.

I've been using RQ for many many years now absolutely love how easy it is to use. Great tech support

Reviewed on 1/08/2018

Best retail software out there hands down!

Pros

Easy of use. Navigation, reports, widgets, cash management functions. Everything about rq is just right for retail.

Cons

When they do have a software update it resets all my favorites, my favorite reports and homepage layout. Only thing.

Adam W.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

RQ from iQMetrix - a brief review

Reviewed on 7/08/2014
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The best parts of this software are perhaps not features of the software at all, but rather the support you receive from the company. In email, phone, and online message boards, iQMetrix truly responds to its users and community in a way that goes beyond any expectations. They also hold training events and summits for their community and users to network and discover, which have been instrumental in propelling our knowledge and usage of the software.

The software itself is generally intuitive and easy to use. Its layout makes it very easy for anyone who is new to the program to pick up the methods and perform sales and other basic tasks with little to no training.

The deeper you dig into the program, the more you realize just how comprehensive the power to control everything in the company can be through this single source. The obvious management portions are there for inventory, operations, and finance, but the real gem is the suite of reporting that is baked in to the system. While there is very little you are unable to find using the baked-in reporting, any further reporting can be augmented by exporting these reports to Excel and using your own analytics teams to dive deeper into the data.

For advanced users, there is a business intelligence module that allows intermediate and experienced database users complete freedom to query their database. This provides the ultimate flexibility in building custom reports and allows for the automation and scheduling of reports. The automated reports can setup to email individuals or groups in a variety of formats. The BI module is my favorite part of the software.

Cons

The main gripes I have with the software stem from the clearly underdeveloped sections. While the vast majority of the software works well, there are often very small details that could be implemented that would save vast amounts of time and energy. That being said, the competitors we've used in the past simply do not hold up well, even to the underdeveloped tools in RQ. The vast majority of the software is easy to use and intuitive.

Industry: Consumer Services

I love this product it's the best

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

Pros

I really like the ease of use and how quickly my team could get onboard this product, I love the functionality!

Cons

It has some integration issues and isn't the best for cross functionality purposes but other than that it's the best

John S.

processing, inventory management, hr module

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

Pros

Ease of use, the integration of how things work together thru the software are awesome. really enjoy using it for our wireless business

Cons

Its not the lease expensive. Because they are probably the best, price wise they are proud of their product. We really can't do without.

Lynette L.

Rq review

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

Pros

It's easy to use for the most part. It runs slow at times

Cons

Not always accurate with commission, plus it runs slow at times

Zachary L.
Industry: Telecommunications

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2/08/2018

It is our point of sale system, never fails on us and we use it all day everyday.

Pros

We use this at the Verizon wireless authorized retailer I work for and it works perfectly. All of our transactions go through just as they should, connects with all the other locations as well

Cons

The only thing I could say is sometimes it could take a little to open up the program

Kaila N.
Industry: Retail

Always has issues that interfere with making sales.

Reviewed on 20/08/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It is a POS system. It's a nice blue color. Customer service representatives are always very friendly and helpful.

Cons

Takes too many steps to complete a sale. The program is always having problems functioning correctly which means I'm on the phone with customer service every week trying to fix these issues. It has interfered with the business and has prevented me from making sales.

Rishav G.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Amazing software

Reviewed on 4/11/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I started using this software about 8 months ago and now i frel that thus software has made my life easy. I can look for anything i want at my fingertips as being a manager. Making bills, inventory and all other working has become very easy.

Kyle S.

RQ4 Review

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

They have very helpful support staff. The settings are intuitive. The vendor works very hard to make sure you have a great experience. The product/customer support is great. It allows for a review of all sales and has great statistics to make it easy to track.

Cons

It's very RAM heavy. If you have an old PC, it'll hog it all.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Jacob W.
Industry: Wireless

Verizon Wireless sales representative who uses RQ4 for all invoicing.

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's very straightforward and easy to navigate the system. They are usually very prompt with support on the backend.

Cons

The program does have a tendency to freeze on occasion, although that could have more to do with the hardware I use.

Nicolas C.
Industry: Building Materials

Nicks review

Reviewed on 14/11/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This software is amazing. It is easy to use and its fast. I love it and recommend it for anyone.

Nicole S.

Limited but positive experience

Reviewed on 12/08/2014
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It encompasses several different things that need to be done. It's like a one-stop shop.

Cons

The program doesn't work on my Apple products. For what I use it for, I need to go to another computer.

Michael V.

RQ Review 5 Year Customer

Reviewed on 19/08/2014
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the people. RQ's staff and support team genuinely care about our business and work both for us and with us to better their product.

Cons

There is no iPad application or functionality currently available.

Rodney N.

RQ 4 product review

Reviewed on 5/08/2014
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's easy to teach the basic programs to new people.

Cons

BI programs are the most frustrating to set up and use.

Jarod N.

Review for RQ Retail

Reviewed on 16/08/2014
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The navigation is easy, and we're familiar with the product.

Cons

There are a few bugs and glitches that slow the process down a bit.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

This is the pos system used in my business

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

Pros

I like that the software is fairly straightforward and way to use, even for every level of PC experience.

Cons

I dislike that there is not a fully functioning mobile version for running reports when away from your location.

Patrick W.
Industry: Wireless

Full-featured retail solution, but a few lingering issues

Reviewed on 9/11/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

There are a number of really great features with RQ Retail Management. There are a lot of reports that a user can generate to extrapolate valuable insights about employee/location performance and trends, and the software solution as a whole is easy to use. My experiences with RQ's technical support team have been consistently excellent.

Cons

For whatever reason, the memory management in RQ Retail Management is unbelievably poor. I would avoid running this software on a machine with less than 8GB of memory if you intend to do anything else on the computer other than run RQ software. For a program that is essentially just a front-end to a database hosted by RQ, the memory leak issues are somewhat surprising.

Dennis F.

Great, but not perfect

Reviewed on 8/08/2017

Better control of inventory. Better understanding of sales mix. Integrated vendors for marketing.

Pros

RQ allows us to run our business so much more efficiently. We have great visibility to inventory levels and needs. We are able to analyze our sales mix and focus on underselling categories.

Cons

While the reports are great, there is inconsistencies in the column headers and calculations. For a new user, it is difficult to know which numbers to trust.

Darien L.

VERSATILE AND EASY TO LEARN

Reviewed on 8/09/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

VERY VERSATILE SYSTEM EASY TO USE AND TRAIN NEW EMPLOYEES

Cons

SOME OF THE LOADING FOR REPORTS AND ITEM UPDATES TAKES WAY TOO LONG.

Marielis H.
Industry: Wholesale

Easy great

Reviewed on 6/12/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Great program easy to use.Makes work much easier very dependable

Pros

Easy fast great

Kim M.

Slayton - Bemobile

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's easy to organize reports, employees, and other information. It's also easy to use and understand.

Cons

I would like to see more options for widgets on the home screen, but that's about it.

Lance N.

My RQ Review

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the ease of use. Navigating through the tabs is simple.

Cons

The product seems to crash a lot. I am in a heavy traffic store, and that poses a problem. I have also noticed some updates don't always help the cause.

Johanna A.

RQ issues

Reviewed on 5/11/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

RQ is always shutting down, needs faster internet speeds to perform better.

Pros

Activating Customer

Cons

The internet

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Stephanie H.

Con company

Reviewed on 29/08/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

RQ4 on its face is a great POS tool with the one positive that it seemed to provide more detailed reports than most other POS software available.

Cons

RQ4 was constantly doing updates which caused a lot of the functionality of the POS sofware to actually work. The updates created more bugs than what they were supposedly being created to fix. On top of the fact that these "updates" took away useful features most of the time because software writers were listening to "customer advice" and wrote in changes that had illogical practicality for actual end-users. Lastly, my recommendation is to not use this company--go somewhere else. We were a customer for over 7 years and when we had to close our doors, we were told that RQ4's (iQmetrix) contract involved a clause in which they could auto-renew every year--which sounds fine until you learn about the rest of the contract clause...in that if your contract is set for auto-renewal on Dec. 31st, AND you don't cancel within 60 days of your auto-renewal date, say you cancel on Nov. 1st in this scenario, RQ4 is obligating you to pay an entire year of services for the following year! So whatever you do, don't use this company! They operate on criminal contract practices.

Tammy P.
Industry: Telecommunications

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Reviewed on 6/02/2020

I think its a great tool for employers and employees.

Pros

The ease of the software was so amazing even my newbies could figure it out without us showing them. The employees could figure up their commission without confusion. They could even add their personal favorite widgets to their own home screens.

Cons

I didnt like that we could not get our commission structure to upload so the widget that they offered would reflect employee commission correctly.