Creative Cloud Express

Free social media content maker

4.5/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.4/5

Josh B.

Another Beautiful, Well-Functioning Adobe Product for Social Media and Website Graphic Design

Reviewed on 19/11/2021

Overall, I am so thankful for Adobe Spark because its design elements and tools are just superior and exceptional, wide-ranged, and varied enough to suit any design need or aesthetic.

Pros

Adobe Spark has been instrumental lately in the graphic design I've needed for my newer website. I've been designing a 90's style theme for an education business and have needed social media updates and designs as well as graphic elements to add to my website and advertising for my website. Adobe as always hits the mark with beautiful designs and templates, stock photos, and ideas that can be edited nicely as well.

Cons

The only con is that also like other Adobe products, there is a learning curve, although much less of one with this particular product than with what I've seen in Illustrator, for example.

Josh H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Simple, intuitive app to assist for creating engaging images!

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Overall, Adobe Spark is a great app that allows for quick, easy creation of graphics for social media and other platforms that anyone can use to make something great, regardless of skill level.

Pros

Adobe Spark is so easy to use. The UI is fairly simplistic, and just about anyone could pick up the app and create something great in a matter of minutes.

Cons

The simplicity of the app is both a pro and a con for me. It's easy to make graphics quickly on the fly, but with that simplicity comes a lack of more robust features. Now, to create something more in-depth, I'd likely use a desktop application from Adobe such as Photoshop or Illustrator. But it would be great for Spark to have a few more features available.

Reasons for Switching to Creative Cloud Express

I chose Adobe Spark because I've used other Adobe products my entire professional life.
Heidi L.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Misleading Introductory Random Photo Collage Generator with Multiple Photo Upload Feature

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Spark was great, until I committed to using the software and the features I started using Spark for were no longer available, even under a higher priced tier.

Pros

It was very easy to use during prior to my workspace "becoming established." Other

Cons

Adobe Spark initially allowed me to create randomly generated multiple photo collages (which I could upload the photos all at once) for social media posting. This took me less than a minute. I used Spark to put together collages with 10-14 photos weekly for about six weeks. This I learned is available as a website promotion only (https://www.adobe.com/express/create/photo-collage "Design your free collage now"), since randomly generated multiple photo upload collages are not available for established users of Spark once your "desktop is established" according to the Adobe Spark Insiders FB Group. Now every photo must be uploaded individually, and there is no template to randomly generate a collage with pictures of different sizes/aspects, taking more than 15 minutes to do the exact thing I was previously doing in under one. This feature is the reason why I started using Spark. This style template for uploading multiple photos at once to create a random collage should be available to "established users of Spark." I will be finding another platform to use until this tease feature is an actual feature for people that actually commit to using Spark.

Patrick Q.

I love Adobe Spark

Reviewed on 14/12/2021

I always see people talking about Canva, but that is because they don't know Adobe Spark. I have always used Adobe products and love the integration of the Applications. I just don't like the support. I find it hard to get access to them.

Pros

It has a VERY easy and nice interface, useful tools for developing elaborate or simple layouts, and very beautiful templates of graphic pieces in the most used formats in everyday life.

Cons

y only problem until today is as an Abobe subscriber for years is support for changing the payment method,

Steven S.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Adobe Spark Connivence

Reviewed on 22/11/2021

I am really in love with the templates because it allows me to be creative in a timely fashion and still have time to spend with my kids and not be over worked or overwhelmed.

Pros

I like that this product is pretty much straightforward. Everything is easy to work with and it saves me time to do other projects.

Cons

I love the templates that Adobe Spark offers. Would love to see more in the future but as of now this program is the number 1 go to for me/

Great for creating content for social posting

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

Fantastic! It has streamlined and organized our content creation process so that we can create social content faster and with more quality control.

Pros

We use Adobe Spark to create content for social posting. Using templates and the "Brandify" feature, any team member can create multiple social graphics in a matter of minutes.

Additionally, their cloud and library features allow our team to organize content for ourselves and our clients in a convenient, manageable way. I highly recommend!

Cons

There isn't much I don't like. You get what you're expecting when you use Spark.

One thing I would change though is that one needs a Team subscription in addition to each individual subscription just to manage your team as an admin. This is an extra $20 you'll need to spend for what I consider to be basic features that should be included without additional costs.

Danielle N.
  • Industry: Design

Adobe Spark Makes Creating Social Media Graphics Fun and Easy

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

I enjoy making social media graphics in Adobe Spark. After taking a bit of time to explore the interface and the design features with the help of Adobe Spark's tutorials, I was up and running.

Pros

One of my favorite features is the free photos and photo editing tools. Of course you can always upload your own photos, but in addition Spark has an ample library of free, easily searchable photos. You can crop the photos into fun shapes and experiment with cool filters. They even have an awesome background remover.

I also enjoy exploring the Adobe Spark "Public Library" where creators have shared their design templates and images. Some collections are available for you to save and use in your own designs.

Another cool feature is design variations. With one click you can try out different suggested combinations of fonts, colors, and layouts to your original design. Or, if you want to use your own brand colors and fonts, you can store them in Spark and quickly apply them to any design.

Cons

If you want to resize a design for different platforms, you have to exit the design and duplicate it first, otherwise you'll overwrite your original design.

Sometimes it's challenging to find templates for a specific platform, such as a Twitter post. In the Explore tab the design formats are not labelled. If you search for a specific one - such as "Twitter post" - the search results are not accurately filtered but have other formats mixed in.

I wish we could have multiple "slides" within the editor so we could try out a few design variations.

Heidi S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great product for your phone!

Reviewed on 29/12/2021

It has been tremendously helpful in our ministry. We use it for social media advertising.

Pros

I love that it is easy to use from my phone. Easy to edit already made templates to post on Facebook.

Cons

Some features are hard to do on a small touch screen. Some of the nicer templates do cost. I feel like those could be a bit less expensive.

Carla F.

Spark My Cards

Reviewed on 27/11/2021

My experience with spark has been above excellent. It is easy to use and I use it often.

Pros

This is easy to use, self explanatory and has creative designs and techniques.

Cons

The only thing I seem to not care for is the water ark that you have to remove before publishing.

Akash K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great for quick graphic design

Reviewed on 28/11/2021

Pros

Simple easy to use traffic design on the go

Cons

Lack of true customization of graphic design

Ashley P.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Adobe Spark for the win! One of my favorite programs for quick Graphic Design projects!

Reviewed on 6/08/2020

I have been extremely impressed with this program since I discovered it. It has helped me to make my business more efficient and most definitely aid in getting my designs out much quicker than I had been prior to finding it. Although there are a few areas that can be improved upon, I am extremely happy that I found this software. It is definitely one of my top two choices for all of my graphic design needs. I would most definitely suggest this program to others that do similar work, and even to those that don't, because it makes designing any type of graphic an incredibly less stressful process.

Pros

Adobe Spark is one of my "go to" programs for all of my graphic design needs related to my freelance graphic design business "Detailed Design by Ash". It's icon library without a doubt has one of the largest available free icon options that I have seen in any program similar. You can search almost anything and find numerous icons related to your subject. This definitely comes in handy during projects such as logo design. I have the program in app form on my Android smartphone and found it by chance through the play store. This means that I can do any design project that comes up using only my mobile phone. Another great quality is that their free version is extremely versatile and contains pretty much everything that I needed before I ever purchased a subscription or paid for anything. I was able to create graphic designs for my business straight from my phone without having to spend a dime. They also usually offer a 1 to 2 month free trial when you subscribe, which was an excellent bonus when I began my subscription with them.

Cons

Although the program is amazing there are a few features that I feel could be improved upon. Although their icon library is extensive, their font library is not. Up until recently purchasing a subscription, I used the free app version on my phone and sometimes could not complete projects, or only use some of their features for part of my design due to their very minimal selection of available fonts. Also, the "help" area of the app could most definitely be improved upon. When trying to figure out how to achieve some designs, even after looking through the help section that was available, I was still at a loss at how to complete a certain task. I would suggest having a larger section of "how-to's" in order to make navigating the program, especially for those that are just discovering it, a much easier process. Lastly, I would encourage them to advertise that there is a desktop version available. I used the mobile app without realizing that I could also use my laptop in the process of design because I had no idea that there was a desktop version at all.

Matthew S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

The Designer's App

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

I am a designer and I am against apps that create cookie cutter designs. For several reasons. Mainly because I don't like seeing the same graphics over and over (it makes the world a more boring place). Also because the same graphics, layouts and photos are not appropriate for just any product, service, event, or purpose. But most importantly because it cheapens the whole role of graphic design. Why hire a designer when you can just download an app and do it yourself?

But Adobe Spark is different.

You can access Adobe Stock (CC subscription may be required) so that you at least have better photos than you will take with your phone, the available fonts are much more reasonable (no decorative fonts allowed!), and there are layout hints like snapping the alignment of an object to the center of the screen rather than relying on your eye to estimate stuff like that.

As ironic as it may sound, I think this program was designed with designers in mind. There are still some bugs that need to be worked out, but this is by far my favorite app for creating images for social media.

Pros

This app allows you to create images for social media quickly and gives enough options without encouraging you to create bad design. Many apps allow different text alignment while Adobe Spark allows "magic" alignment (basically a more interesting justified alignment). If you use this app on iPhone, you can also create and edit video and create and publish (!) web pages (more like landing pages than anything, but you get it).

Cons

I went from using this app on iPhone to Android and, while it was just made available for Android and we are grateful for this, it definitely needs improvement from a usability standpoint. There is no Undo button and some functionalities are difficult (like the snap alignment feature, it is sometimes easier to just eyeball it). The good thing is this app is still in it's early stages in Android and there is a forum on Adobe where they take users suggestions to make improvements. I don't know why here is still undo button (that is a very common request in said forum), but ok.

Nicole D.
  • Industry: Publishing

Easiest Program for Creating Pinterest Images

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Adobe Spark has enabled me to create pinnable images for my website that are in line with my brand image quickly . This has saved me valuable time. Especially when I need to create new relevant graphics when I update blog posts or as seasons and trends change.

Pros

This software is just so simple to use. Once you set up branding - your fonts, logos, brand colors, etc. It's so easy so create branded graphics; especially pinterest graphics with a photo and text overlay.

Cons

When I first began using this software I was unsure because it lacked some features that other programs I've used had. Such as being able to drag and drop shapes, frames etc. HOWEVER, after some time I was happy these features were gone . It simplified the graphic creating processing and saved me time. For graphics that needed more complex tools, I opened and edited the image in Adobe Photoshop but I only need those features maybe 5% of the time.

Canva and PicMonkey

Janele P.

Adobe Spark is the best way to make high quality graphics for cheap!

Reviewed on 3/03/2020

Adobe Spark has been a great addition to our agency. All of us at our company are able to simply login to the program, quickly, in order to accomplish graphics in minutes if a client needs them. We use this program almost on a daily basis in order to create graphics for email campaigns, landing pages, social media ads, and so much more.

Pros

Adobe Spark allows me to easily create graphics for my clients on a daily basis. I can easily login on my desktop or my phone and access my recent projects or create a new one. The platform is extremely easy to use and straight forward. It also provides free images and graphics to use for businesses if we cannot find anything in stock imaging. Another nice feature is that it can help give examples of projects if you are lacking any inspiration!

Cons

Since Adobe Spark is so user friendly, you cannot accomplish extremely fine details that can be done in programs like Photoshop. But if you are using this software on a daily basis, this is not an issue at all. To get around this issue, you can always create a detailed graphic in an expensive program and then move it to Adobe Spark in order to accomplish more user friendly adaptations such as adding text or photo edits.

Ayesha A.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Light Your Life on Fire with Adobe Spark

Reviewed on 30/06/2019

Overall, I love Adobe Spark. I ended up researching ways to use it to conceive of educational materials to assist English Language Learners with their vocabulary development. The software has immense potential as an educational technology tool that students and teachers can use to demonstrate their learning or enhance their teaching.

Pros

This software has an excellent user interface that scaffolds the tools easily for ultimate content creation. Without having professional experience and needing high-tech tools, I can easily create web pages, multimedia videos, and graphics. As an aspiring teacher, I love that Adobe Spark is available for free to schools that also includes offering their premium features for free. Furthermore, the Adobe Spark suite allows me to create a variety of instructional materials, such as electronic newsletters, exit tickets, etc. I feel like I am already a professional designer without buying high-tech software to create relevant educational content.

Cons

What I like least about Adobe Spark is that there are watermarks that I must constantly turn off to make sure my designs are unique and original. Additionally, the branding features are for premium users, which is a downside for those who are on tight budgets.

Michael S.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

The Express Version of Photoshop

Reviewed on 13/01/2022

Overall, Express doesn't get as much recognition as is deserved for their graphic design software. I would love to see them implement more vector illustrations and adding in features that make Adobe unique like uploading your Photoshop actions and styles to Express. This would be a huge game-changer for Express as many who find Photoshop too complicated or buggy would love to have the option to use these advanced features with the ease of use offered in Express. Also, if they could implement other unique features to Photoshop like cloning, it would be amazing--I could see so many people flocking to this program with these enhanced features.

Pros

I tried this software out years ago when it first became available. At the time, it had its easy-to-use features, but it was lacking in features compared to other competitors. Fast-forward to today and almost everything has changed for the better. Spark (now Creative Cloud Express) offers features similar to Canva and Photoshop blended together. Like Canva, Express now has a paid version with extra features, they have templates and premium (like Canva again), a super-easy way to resize and remove backgrounds.

Unlike Canva and other programs similar, Express offers features that are like Photoshop, most notably, the layers feature. You can now see the layers that compose your design, only, it's significantly easier to use than the Photoshop program.

There's also a button where you can press to change the design style of the font, and it takes you through numerous style types with a simple click. Also as an upside, you can also see a font preview of your specific text to see what it would look like as opposed to clicking through a bunch of fonts to see which looks best--definitely a time-saving feature.

Also, you can change out certain elements like lines with a simple click versus Canva and other design programs where you have to search out the elements and drag them to the photo. This is another huge win for Express.

Cons

I don't like that there aren't as many illustrations and supplemental designs available to use (even with premium). Meaning, adding in vectors like animals, flower wreaths, etc. This is a huge issue in my opinion and why I'm still stuck on Canva for most designs.

Pontsho M.

Thevisionarycreation

Reviewed on 12/03/2020

My overall experience is a 10/10 because it's just wonderful.

Pros

Spark is one of those platforms for creators like myself because it brings spark in my designs.

I love everything that I'm speechless to even say much...

Cons

There's not much criticism the only problem is that on the mobile app there could be some more developments because it's slow.

I use both the PC and Mobile because I am always designing so the Mobile is being creative on the go. If it could be more fast then I'd be more happier.

Darien C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Adobe Spark offers a simple, online design platform & templates

Reviewed on 10/01/2021

Adobe Spark helped us facilitate our design process for social media posts, allowing staff without experience with design tools to quickly & efficiently create decent looking graphics. While it can never compete with a fully fledged platform such as Photoshop, and could use to borrow some key features from it's competitors, it offers a basic design tool that can be useful.

Pros

Adobe Spark is a simple, easy-to-use design platform with simplistic features and excellent templates that make social media designs quick and less painful. Perhaps the best feature is the numerous templates - helping alleviate creative blocks and speed up the design process. Clearly made to compete with platforms like Canva, it offers very simple features that help speed up the design process, and makes it simple enough for people with no experience using higher-end design software such as photoshop. With their templates, they help people without experience create good looking graphics in a fraction of the time.

Cons

While Adobe Spark has a lot to offer, it cannot compete with a higher end product such as Photoshop, or even a similar competitor (such as the online Photopea) in terms of features. While they clearly made a choice to keep things simple, they avoided putting in useful features like the magic selection tool that would truly help make this a fully fledged design suite. As well, certain basic features (like selecting objects, moving objects, layers, etc) either don't work as expected, or are completely missing, making more complicated designs impossible.

Joy S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Makes Branding a Breeze!

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

I love how Spark makes creating lots of quality content more manageable.

Pros

Excellent Template selection. I love the branding feature that makes customizing content a breeze!
Within the iOS app, there are lots of options to allow you to shuffle through various formats till you find the right "feel" (in the app, select the text, go to "style" and play with the style wheel).
The integration with Creative Cloud is also so helpful for achieving brand consistency.

Cons

I wish that you could make multiple posts within one file (similar to Artboards in Illustrator) rather than having to duplicate the file and edit it accordingly. It would be much more convenient for multiple image insta-posts, OR when you are making the same type of post across multiple platforms. Sometimes I won't realize I want to change a style until I am on the second format of that graphic (for example I make an insta post and duplicate it to make a FB version and then while on the FB version I realize a particular design looks better). So it's annoying to have to go back to the first file to do that. I'd love to be able to do that on just one screen. Also, the align feature is currently only accessible if you select more than one object and only works to align relative to each other. It would be great to be able to align relative to art board and access this feature with just one object.

Heather D.
  • Industry: Information Services

Love this program

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Overall spark is the easiest graphic software program that I have found to use. I prefer it Leaps and Bounds above canva. I use it for all my photos and videos for Facebook Instagram and Pinterest.

Pros

It's very easy to use and has many options for my needs. I love all of the templates that are available. It gives you many font options. And the animation feature in the mobile app is one of my favorites as well.

Cons

The inability to add animations in the desktop version versus the ability to do it in the mobile version. I am under the understanding that that is coming and I look forward to it.

Ada jocabeth Á.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

A great educational resource!

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

I have been using Adobe Spark as a tool in my everyday classes, for example, like a student portfolio or digital scrapbook where I can check my student's posts and keep track of their creative activities. Personally, I use some of the templates as activities with my students and to share my art with engaiging posts. The free version is very useful, but I recommend purchasing the Adobe package, as it comes as part of it.

Pros

Adobe Spark allows me to create easily all kinds of projects, like web pages, flyers, slides, banners, videos, and much more. It's accessible from any device PC, Chromebook, and even your mobile phone. It already has a lot of beautiful premade designs and templates, The best part is that lets you share them directly on any social media with a predetermined size for better quality. With the free trial app, anyone can download it and use it for free.

Cons

It's not very detailed for video editing but is very easy to make short videos with pictures and subtitles.

Linda B.

Super easy! Design elements for the classroom!

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

Great tool for small businesses and for education. Very simple to use and there are tons of templates and tutorials, plus a huge image collection. In education, my students created several marketing materials and created a portfolio of their work, and for small business it will be great for social media, websites and blogs.

Pros

Adobe Spark has a range of functionality for design. From infographics to web pages, digital portfolios, slideshow videos and social media posts. All of these elements are fantastic for building assets for education and for student demonstration of knowledge.

Cons

When adding assets to a Spark webpage that are designed in Spark, you must first download the item as an image (infographics, social media posts, menus, posters, etc) before adding them to the Adobe Spark webpage. If it had a drag and drop function it would be very convenient.

Chris G.

Adobe Spark: Too simple for its own good

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

It is the rare occasion that an Adobe Spark user would need any instructions on how to use their product, which begs the question: Is it powerful and useful enough? My opinion? Almost. I can build single web pages in a flash, that look beautiful, as long as I like the way THEY lay it out. I have zero customization choices on Spark PAGES. Spark Graphics suffer from the OPPOSITE: they have a resizer function for free (which Canva.com forces an upgrade for.) but the resulting resized images are usually distorted. I don't enjoy their graphics builder GUI at all. Their webpage builder GUI rocks.

Pros

The Adobe webpage builder is fast, and fun to use, and simple enough that no instructions are really needed. The Spark suite is available on mobile as well as desktop, and video creation on the fly on mobile is simple, but once again, at the expense of customization. If you put a text graphic over video, you'd better be comfy with the graphic being on screen as long as THEY want it. You can't specify text durations over video.

Cons

Canva is the main competition, and their free tier does not place a watermark on finished designs. Adobe does, and this one thing makes for a deal breaker. The Adobe webpage builder is fast, and fun to use, but doesn't allow embedding html elements, severely restricting what the page can become. Pretty, but all pages will begin to look identical. The graphics creation tool is clunky, and unresponsive compared to Canva.

Adam D.

Does what it does, and nothing else...

Reviewed on 1/03/2019

When people ask me what Spark is, I usually tell them that "it's Canva, but turned up to 11". But to be honest, I think Canva is a little more flexible.

I am probably just bitter because I have spent the last 10 years trying to hone my design ability, recreating what my role models created, and trying to create a visual-voice for myself, but Spark feels very limiting to me. I often feel like I can get 80% of what I want.

The templates usually make me think of a tween girl or fashion blog style. That's not bad, but I feel frustrated when I try to break outside of the templates.

I have become very flexible jumping between different softwares to create a new design on the go, and I ultimately do not prefer Spark for this reason. Spark is intended to be a one stop software, which is great. It's just not for me.

Spark is very easy to use, and I think it would be great for creators that want to add a little professional flair to their work. Designers and marketing teams should probably avoid Spark. That being said, I think they offer a free tier or free month, so it's easy to give a try.

Pros

Quick. That's the keyword. If you are wanting to make something that looks professional, clean, and do it in less than an hour, then Adobe Spark is great.
Hundreds of templates for you to pick from.
Good font selection.
Image library is great, but see the cons section...
So so so easy to learn.

Cons

It's hard to express the specific struggles when using Spark, but I think most of them are me.

I want Spark to act more like Canva, Illustrator or Photoshop. Spark is none of those.

A typical work flow for me is 1) think about my audience 2) research other people's designs 3) create a prototype with my phone or photoshop, usually grabbing pics from unsplash 4) refine until it matches my visions. Spark is more about looking at their images and templates and selecting what will fit your needs.

If you have a specific vision that you are trying to capture, I think you will run into the same problem. If you are open minded to using templates, Spark may be fore you.

Great for quick mock-ups and saving time on communications

Reviewed on 3/06/2019

Pros

Spark provides a variety of templates and style options. The design wizard tools produce balanced and attractive looks that are great for quick posters, flyers, and social media posts. You can also easily produce ebook covers.

Spark recently made it possible for you to download PDF versions of your designs, which has been really helpful for my team, as sometimes we need to make quick adjustments using other tools and can now edit the PDFs directly. For example, if you're integrating a cover image into a report that must be numbered following a particular standard, you're now able to do so with ease.

If you have a creative cloud account, you can sign in. The soundtracks and fonts available in Spark are licensed for commercial use (provided you're using them IN a Spark project), which is great for quickly building parts of your campaign.

Cons

*I haven't tried the web page builder so I cannot comment on this.
*The main limitation of the editor is that you can't order objects easily; if your design requires that kind of manipulation.
*Stock images that you find using the search may have limitations on use. The sources that they're using aren't bad (for example, unsplash images have basically no restrictions), but you do need to be careful about what you choose.