MRI Software

Cloud-based real estate and investment management software

4.4 /5 (68 reviews) Write a Review!

Michelle S.

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Pros

Offers a lot of tools that we need for our daily accounting.

Cons

Constant bugs, updates, only select support staff seems to know what they're doing when we have to call in.

Response from MRI Software

Hi Michelle,

I'm glad that you've been able to use our tools for some of your daily accounting tasks!

I am sorry to hear that you've had a less than stellar experience with our support. One of our core values is "Strive to Amaze" and I hate to hear that we haven't met that expectation for you.

Could you please shoot me a quick note with your email address and phone number? I want to make sure all of your issues are resolved. I can be reached at [email protected]

Best,
Matt Harrell
Marketing Manager

Diane A.
  • Industry: Accounting

Diane's Review

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

I love it. But Yardi has a few things better than MRI.

Pros

Easier to use than Yardi. MRI reports are prettier than Yardi.

Cons

Drop Down boxes in AP does not work.
It is easier to drill down in Yardi.
Stacking Plans are hard to read.
Stacking Plans can not download to excel.
Printing Income Statement - suppress zeros does not work for our Custom Report.
Yardi downloads to excel are 100% better than MRI.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Diane,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your kind words and to provide feedback on the product. I will pass along your concerns on the drop down boxes and Excel functionality to your account manager to ensure your user experience continues to be the best. Here's to many more years together!

Randal H.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Service is the Key

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Excellent. We are getting service when we need it.

Pros

There are lots of good software available for housing and redevelopment authorities, but the key to making it work is the service behind the software. MRI Software gives us that service. Also, they are always innovating and that is much appreciated. Time can go by fast and before you know it, you are working with obsolete software if innovation is not constant.

Cons

Sometimes we would appreciate a little bit more interaction with MRI.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for your great review, Randal! We are ecstatic to hear you are happy with our customer service and appreciate our innovative nature! We look forward to interacting with you and your team more in the future.

Rebecca C.

Best Accounting Software out there

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

It's very user friendly, has more options than you would probably ever use and it's somewhat reasonably priced compared to Yardi.

Pros

We use it for our accounting for tenants and payables. This is the most user friendly software there is out there for property management. My favorite by far.

Cons

It is not as compatable with other systems like Yardi is that's why people tend to use Yardi more than MRI.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for the great review, Rebecca! We are thrilled to hear you're happy with our user-friendly property management software and are proud you call our solution a favorite! We look forward to serving you and your team for many years to come!

-The MRI Team

Haley W.

Without MRI, it would be impossible to manage our properties!

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

Pros

I love the organization MRI used to keep our property running smoothly. I love that I can pull a boxscore to review our leads and know where our traffic is coming from. The reports make it easy to keep up with the multiple things going on at a property. This software keeps you updated, has too many wonderful features to list, and should be used at every property management company!

Cons

Because of the in-depth and multi-functional system, MRI can take some time getting used to and time learning. After some practice, MRI will be your best friend and you will wonder how you did it without it!

Amy M.

Great customer support

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

MRI holds alot of date and we are working to be able to export the data in a user format.

Pros

The customer support is great. They are able to help with mostly any question! All you have to do is call the 1800 number.

Cons

The bach reports are nice, but it would be great if there was a way to change the date on the whole batch, not have to go I to each report within the batch to enter the date.

Mary S.

Preferred Property Management Accounting software

Reviewed on 11/11/2018

Have always been trained by my company users. Not sure if MRI offers training directly for users, but would like be a more valuable perk or selling point if it were included with the license.

Pros

Various reporting functions and able to customize reports tailored to specific owners.

Cons

Not the most user friendly. I have used the software for over 12 years now and still learning new things.

Rebecca T.

Great product - but overpriced

Reviewed on 18/07/2017

User friendly with great customer support.

Pros

The windows version is very user friendly. It's easy to navigate around, run reports, and pull up booked data

Cons

Our company loves the ease of the product, however it's very pricey. We only don't use it to its full capacity, so it would be nice if they would break down their pricing based off customer usage.

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Powerful Software

Reviewed on 12/04/2021

Overall I do enjoy MRI's ability to process such large volumes of data, though it does require regular maintenance to maintain optimal experience in an ever-changing market.

Pros

It can handle high volumes of data. The reporting is rather customizable as a general comment, and glitches are easily resolved.

Cons

Occasionally it does glitch, in which random/obvious side effects can occur when posting charges, etc, but they are usually easy to resolve.

Emily P.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Used MRI software for Residential and Commercial

Reviewed on 14/09/2019

I didn't see any problems with the MRI software - I used it daily.

Pros

I liked this software because I could print out reports to assist with negotiations with ownership.

Cons

It was a little difficult to learn at first but once I got it then I had a pretty easy time using it.

• Used for 6-12 months

MRI is great software for specific needs

Reviewed on 5/03/2019

Pros

This software encompasses many needs for a real estate business, from property management to accounting.

Cons

This software lacks in some functionality for HOA management, but is new to the HOA market.

Response from MRI Software

Hello!

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We're glad that you're pleased with the comprehensiveness of the product!

Regarding you feedback on our HOA management functionality, our team would love to have your specific feedback as to how we can improve. It's this type of critical feedback that ensures we deliver the best possible value for our customers. If you'd be willing to share more details, please email me at [email protected] and I will connect you with one of our product experts.

Thank you again for being an MRI customer!

Best,
Matt Harrell

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great to work with and easy to customize but customer support is terrible

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

Pros

user friendly, easy to customize, great to be able to make the software as flexible as needed to fit the company needs

Cons

upgrades are not easy to work through with many issues throughout upgrades, customer support is extremely slow and can take a couple weeks to finally get an answer back as to if the issue found is an issue that has a workaround or will have to wait for MRI to fix the issue in a long-term change.

Jennifer B.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Not good. Was not easy to use or navigate. Customer service was okay, but could be better for the price.

Pros

Nothing. It was difficult to use and was not user friendly at all.

Cons

Everything. Nothing about this software is good.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Jennifer,
Thank you for your review of MRI Software. I am so sorry to hear your experience with us was anything less than stellar. We take your review very seriously and would like to know how we can better serve you.

Please send me an email at [email protected] so we help fix our standing with you and your team.

Veronica

Gregory S.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Happy Software is great.

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Housing Pro is very helpful for managing our housing program.

Pros

All the reports that are generated by the software are top notch.

Cons

Sometimes it fails when sending files to the HUD/PIC website. But other than that no problems.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for your fantastic review, Gregory! Your kind words mean so much to us! We are thrilled to hear your experience with our reporting capabilities has been top notch and we look forward to many more years together.

Kellie P.

Challenging but effective

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

I use MRI as a commercial real estate administrator manage accounts payable and accounts receivable. It has helped me deliver clear and accurate reports to my managers, clients and tenants and once you get used to navigating it - which can take awhile - it is one of the most important tools of my job.

Pros

MRI provides an accurate, in-depth view of financial data. It has multiple functions and there are many, many different types of reports that you can run, making it a versatile and steadfast financial tool. I like the ability to run quick rent rolls, ledgers, aged reports and variance analysis which are reports that I need everyday to do my job.

Cons

MRI is not as easy to learn as Yardi and you have to be very careful with your parameters or the report will fail to generate. This can get frustrating when you don't realize which parameter is incorrect. I have also had multiple issues with reports failing to generate through no fault of the parameters set and depending on the size of the report it sometimes can take as long as a few minutes to load.

Annette R.

Intuitive and easy to use and manage.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017

Pros

This product is easy to navigate through for end users. There is a wide variety of App add-ons available to expand based on your needs, with many that integrate seamlessly. Above all else, the Customer support is OUTSTANDING!! There is always a pleasant, knowledgeable voice on the other end to assist you in a timely manner.
MRI is always working on incidents within the system and releasing CMU's.

Cons

As an Administrator, I would like to have more access in the training portal to administer users and see some improvements made to the Training modules. In regards to the courses themselves, the videos need to be edited in order for them to register as being completed properly and it would be beneficial to have the next courses start automatically. Users are confused when trying to navigate through courses and the site in general.

Brian D.
  • Industry: Accounting

MRI Software - for asset management services

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Our experience with MRI Software was, at first, touch and go. There were changes in staff and changes in client managers. Once we achieved consistency on the back-end, our experience has been much more beneficial. Our asset management needs have been met by the various pages that can be built out, all of the reports that we can generate with different fields, and the functions that we are able to use with ease on a daily basis.

Pros

What I like the most about the software is that you can add as many functions as you want, and have that functionality specifically tailored to your business needs.

Cons

What I (and my team) like the least about this software is how it seems that some of the bugs or fixes that we need completed ASAP take much longer than they should. If there is just one bug that is causing a problem in our reports, we have to submit a ticket which then gets put into a developer queue. Sometimes it can take a couple weeks for what seems like it should be an easy fix.

Oscar G.

MRI User Review

Reviewed on 18/06/2020

My experience has overall been positive.

Pros

It is user friendly and has good reports and a big fan of the budgeting module.

Cons

In the MRIX I don't care for the bank reconciliation feature compared to the Windows version.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for your great review, Oscar! We are happy to hear you're experience overall has been positive! We appreciate your feedback on the bank reconciliation feature - we will circle that back to the team.

• Industry: Facilities Services

Great for helpdesk

Reviewed on 6/08/2018

It is a very good software for helpdesk use, could do a bit on an improvement on the vision reporting. It could improve the delay on receiving work orders on mobiles.

Pros

It is easy to use, you don't need to open multiple windows as all info and tabs are accessible. Easy to export to excel. Arranging columns and search option.

Cons

The mobile service is really slow, main system crashes every now and then and does run slow.

Been using MRI for almost 10 years

Reviewed on 6/07/2019

Able to run reports with ease; Is user-friendly. Support is always available.

Pros

Ease of setting up resident files; accessibility of reports and ease of running reports. Ease of processing statement of deposits; works well and integrates well with other software products.

Cons

Works slowly and program often freezes.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

MRI is straightforward and easy to use

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

Overall, MRI is very easy to learn to use and can be a valuable source of information. However, sometimes the parameters get funky when layering in less concrete data like psychographic or behavioral segments and the data does not seem entirely accurate.

Pros

MRI is very user intuitive and allows you to layer multiple audience traits over one another to define audience size without having to export your data over and over and pivot it. There's a lot you can do and see within the software itself, which really helps save time when you want to just look at a bunch of different options without having to wait for a new export to generate. I like the click and drag functionality.

Cons

It could definitely have more behavioral/psychographic options. Sometimes the behavioral/psychographic traits that are provided are far too specific to apply to an entire audience and it can skew your results; others are far too vague and provide conditions that almost all audiences would fall under. More niche breakouts within HHI and demo would also be helpful. Lastly, I think adding a Save option for some of these pulls would be helpful - the save option did not work for me.

Great Software, Easy to Learn

Reviewed on 5/06/2018

Pros

MRI web is pretty est to use. There a minimal steps compared to MRI windows. User interface looks really nice and is pretty self explanatory.

Cons

When something goes wrong (latency, reports not updating correctly, etc.) it can take some time for MRI to fix it on the back end. It's also quite difficult to communicate with their customer support team. I feel like they all have 80% knowledge of the software and often you "figure it out together".

Terry C.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

OK system

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Gave us an opportunity to digitize our system, slowly

Pros

Since we were a franchise we had to use the MRI software. Job Order input and activity tracking
Calendar

Cons

Difficult for staff to become proficient in
Ultimately database was very difficult to integrate into another system

Response from MRI Software

Hello Terry,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are saddened to hear your experience was anything other than ideal. . Because I cannot find you in our system, we invite you to connect with your account manager directly so we can remediate this!

Jason S.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Value packed software, accounting rich with strong ability to integrate w/ other software

Reviewed on 7/09/2017

easier than most other accounting software

Pros

The detailed accounting from tenant management, work orders . It made it easy to identify costly tenants and variances in my budget.

Cons

not the easiest software to train new employees on, and was extremely difficult for prospecting with new renters compared to my experience with Yardi and OneSite. Also, it would let half information process in the system (such as work order with no info or category) this should have popped up w/ error box to be able to submit.

Hugo F.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great Accounting Software

Reviewed on 17/10/2018

The overall experience has been good so far. MRI has allowed us to bring all our property accounts under one umbrella

Pros

The biggest pro with MRI is there willingness to provide API connections which allows data to flow into other programs.

Cons

MRI can be little complicated running certain reports for the novice uses. I am sure once a little more training is had then everything will come naturally