Nifty

Project management, task tracking, & team collaboration hub.

4.8 /5 (98 reviews) Write a Review!
4.8
4.9
4.7
4.8
4.9
Agni C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Very easy to use but powerful

Reviewed on 28/06/2020

We are a smalla gile team so we are always looking for teh best project management tool that can help us collaborate without juggling btween 10 differnt tools.
Nifty servers the pupose of making it possible to bring everyone of our team ona single page specially when we are remote.

Pros

This is what our team liked about it
1. Easy leaning curve
2. Chat feature within the system.
3. Google drive files can open in the same interface , our content team could join the same group
4. The design is great.
5. Support is fast and helpful(I had asked whether the sidebar could be collapsed and teh reply came quick on intercom)
6.integration with Github.
7. The feature to lock certain tasks to ceratin task completion.
8. The mobile app is really nice , I was able to use the chat while travelling.

Cons

These are few of things we didnt like
1. No integartion with Gitlab yet.
2. The zoom call feature is pretty useless ebcasue it is nto native yet basically you just geta link to join . Initially I found it buggy.
3. The templates should have preview option , also I would liek to have templates around OKR's
4. Chat within the Projects is sometimes confusing , also discussion on any pertitcualr task .. If a log is provided for teh same it would be easier to follow..
5. If we can access Gdrive files directly from nifty it woudl be nice.

Joshua C.
Industry: Real Estate
Company size: Self Employed

Every business is a project management business

Reviewed on 11/07/2020

I believe our business is going to benefit greatly from switching to Nifty

Pros

The overall ease of use is why I am even leaving a review.

We were using ClickUp for our transaction management, however I found that platform to have a much higher learning curve and when I discovered Nifty I knew this was the platform to manage a transaction on.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that it is fairly new and has some bugs. HOWEVER, the Nifty team is very responsive and organized. They crush those bugs fairly quickly.

Anil P.

Simplify your Project Management

Reviewed on 29/06/2020

So far I am enjoying the simplicity in which I can create a project and configure it to my needs depending on the specific project requirements. I might be going overboard but I've already created 20 projects in the matter of a week while still being able to get some sleep.

Pros

I was able to onboard Nifty and get started within an hour of signing up. The workflow and design make it very easy to use for experienced Project Managers and even those just getting started with project management.

Cons

I haven't found any roadblocks as yet. Possibly deciding on how to structure your projects could be a sticking point. There is the all in one approach of putting everything in one project but it might mean having multiple administrators or making multiple projects based on function within the same portfolio. I recommend the first option for smaller projects and the second for much larger projects with multiple project administrators and users.

Leonardo W.

Easy to Use and Productivity Focused PM

Reviewed on 8/09/2020

Pros

We tested a lot of PM's, if you do client work or any project related tasks, I think you have been there, right? Each new PM, brings a lot of new excitement and features, but, also problems :(

Nifty has become our main tool for projects, it's easy to use, full of features, Google Docs are integrated and you can share files with one click!

You can also track time, control workloads, integrate your calendar, subtasks and all the good stuff that you want to see on a product like this.

If you need use to use and granular control at the same time, without the need of a bachelor degree in nuclear engineering, you will be happy with Nifty

Cons

I like the app, just think they could add a client portal, with login and password.

Tracey R.
Industry: Computer Software

Great team collaboration tool with solid solutions for client management

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Great team behind the platform. Super helpful. A fantastic alternative to other collaboration tools out there!

Pros

With Nifty, we are able to manage and connect our project team members in one creative workspace. This tool has helped us to improve our collaboration processes at both the team and client levels. Nifty has enabled us to move forward faster with more clarity, helping us meet deadlines with ease. An awesome feature is Nifty documents and files, which serve as a central hub of our content and document collaboration. There are many useful and practical features that are designed to make us more effective and efficient with managing our projects. We also like the fact that we can set milestones and the overview section is fantastic for tracking each project, its progress, and time frames. Another pro is the ability to import projects/ documents etc. from other apps, such as Trello and Asana.

Cons

We can't say we don't like anything in particular about Nifty! Perhaps the onboarding process could be improved slightly to give more in-app information (the platform uses tooltips) on navigating the software and how to explore all its features (because there is a myriad of awesome ones to explore!). There are links to external documents, but it would enhance the UX if more navigation is provided in-app. While intuitive to use (with an awesome UI that you can customize), the onboarding experience can be maximized to ensure users can get set up faster and start being productive. But

Gabriel T.
Industry: Design

Great little find in a sea of many project management tools

Reviewed on 15/06/2020

It's been great. As I mentioned, I have used so many management tools and I am happy to have stumbled on this little treasure of a management tool with so much ease in mind yet so much robust tools if I want to grow my project and team, Nifty looks to scale pretty well.

Pros

Hello,

I am product designer (PD) working on a side app project with a friend. As a PD I have worked with so many different types of Project Management Tools, and found Nifty to be very easy to use right out of the box so to speak and the overall dashboard and UI are more intuitive than other management tools I have used.

Cons

I am just starting out with Nifty so at the moment I am enjoying the app and haven't found anything to be a headache or anything. If maybe a suggestion. Be awesome to have some sort of Figma Plugin where I can manage a design tasks in Figma. Just a random thought.

Mike S.
Company size: Self Employed

Speedy, flexible task and project management software

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Very good. We found a reproducible issue and reported it, and it was fixed very quickly.

Pros

We have tried many task and project management systems over thee last few years. While some have been great in certain aspects, they would each fall short in some specific way that made it less-than-ideal. Thus far, NiftyPM has been a joy to use. Much of that is because of one simple feature... SPEED. NiftyPM does not get in my way when I am creating tasks, moving them around, assigning them to others, etc. Nifty does pretty much everything that I wanted it to do, and the (very) few things it doesn't are on the road map, so I am pretty happy with it. The dark mode interface design is also very well thought out.

Cons

Because there is a large amount of data involved, the interface can be a bit overwhelming. However, it is very well-designed, so once you get used to it, the software becomes much easier to navigate. There are a few small things I would like to be added/implemented. For example, the ability to easily see the date/time when a task was created, along with date/time stamps of when it moved from one status to another.

Belen C.
Industry: Design

The tool that helped manage 11 projects at the time

Reviewed on 14/01/2020

We're a design studio working with startups and corporates to improve their user experiences and visual interfaces, as well as service design. We manage several projects per month and Nifty helped me as the unique Program Manager at the studio, to manage all the projects we have, being very accurate with their milestones, tasks and deadlines.

Pros

I love the milestones + tasks features, it gives me the possibility to map very clearly on time how we're doing on each project we have.

Cons

The learning curve might be challenging for certain roles that might benefit from it, it needs more help during the onboarding.

Gerard B.

Finally I decided to move from monthly payment Asana to Nifty

Reviewed on 27/06/2020

Getting complete solutions for pm is a complex waiting game but not anymore. This has almost the all in one solutions to manage teams and projects

Pros

So I use Asana for more than 1 year until last week i try Nifty, check all the features and decided to stop my monthly subscription and move to Nifty.

I have small team, 1 code is enough for me but, think of my big plan in the future, i will get more extra codes.

Good luck for you guys,
and please keep update the future :)

Stay Safe!

Cons

mobile app needs some improvement but I mainly use it on desktop anyway

Phil W.
Company size: Self Employed

Finally, an easy productivity tool!

Reviewed on 28/06/2020

I have moved from using Meistertask, notes, to-do-list, etc to just nifty. It's really convenient!

Pros

The user experience was by far the best thing about Nifty. I was able to set up really quickly and start mapping out all the tasks that needed to be done.

Cons

There isn't really much I don't like about Nifty. They did release a new app though which I have been using, they are always updating so that is annoying, but in reality its a good thing.

Micah F.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best PM tool I've used yet

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

Overall I am incredibly happy. Can't wait for them to explode.

Pros

I liked the ease of you, the gant charts made everything super helpful to plan. It works - which although all PM tools are supposed to, this one I felt made things clear and organized enough that our team used it and benefited from it.

Cons

I just wish it was more ubiquitous, had more integrations, and that I had it years ago!!! Early product but it's going to be great!

Anton C.
Industry: Animation

Used on trial, trying to convince my boss to get it for the buisness.

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 5/03/2019

Nifty has been a great tool amongst many others my boss has tried to implement to improve productivity.

Pros

With the roadmap covering the overall progress of the tasks and collaborations, it's easy to keep track of a project as a whole. it works well without being too excessive on features. The interface is wonderful and elegant and ultimately for how useful it is, it's well priced.

Cons

The ability to draft a task for review by customers would be greatly appreciated.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

David C.
Industry: Information Services

Best PM software i've found

Reviewed on 10/07/2020

I've been trialling various different PM systems for quite a while now and none of them have done everything I need in a simple way....until now!
Nifty is a pleasure to use, not overcomplicated by features that I wouldn't use.

Pros

NiftyPM is very easy to use, even if you're not familiar with Project Management software. It's interface is very intuitive and a pleasure to use

Cons

I've not yet found anything to dislike about the software - There are a few features that I would like to see added though such as CName integration for white labelling.

Nuno P.

Perfect for client comunication

Reviewed on 24/06/2020

Pros

Every new client, after payment and contract will automatically get the login details (with Zapier integration) and an email to ask them to download the app.

Nifty is the main comunication channel for clients, practical to use, fast, simple.

Besides , we can also share docs and manage projects with team.

Cons

I would like to see more colour customization

Jodi L.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Really Easy to Use, Great Structure and Organization

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

I have found it imported great from Trello. It is really easy to keep organized and to manage tasks with dependencies.

Pros

Easy to use, great organization abilities, easy to manage several brands

Cons

I would like more templates that is the only con I have found so far.

Good Software

Reviewed on 8/02/2019

Pros

Easy to use, pleasant user experience. It can be used immediately.

Cons

I would like to have a desktop app for it

Response from Nifty Technologies

Hi there,

Thank you for being a Nifty customer, we appreciate your excellent feedback. Just to clarify, our desktop apps are available for both the Mac & Windows OS and can be downloaded here: https://niftypm.com/apps

Sincerely,
Team Nifty

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great Program!

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

Pros

Easy to use, very user friendly for my people who are bad at computers.

Cons

I loved this software and love how they are really on top of what it needs to do.

Sherilyn C.
Industry: Publishing

Highly recommended for home-based businesses!

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Home business owners should consider Nifty for their project management operations.

Pros

It is easy to use and makes communication smoother among team members.

Cons

I found nothing to be unsatisfactory about the software.

Mheljon P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Congratulations! You Found The Best PM Software Available!

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

I had the pleasure of talking with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! Not only is the software itself extremely value-based, but the customer support that is included also goes beyond expectations. I am happy to support his company, and recommend you do the same!

Pros

Luckily, my team and I were able to find Nifty right before we committed to a competitor which would have increased our overhead substantially. Compared to the 3,000 Dollar Annual Fee + the 7,000 Dollar overhead, it was really a tough pill for us to swallow. Before we bit the bullet, Nifty found it's way to me and let me tell you as a Project Manager and Operations Officer, Nifty lives up to its name. I could go on about the features, but the best part of the software is its multitude of integrations. Softwares like Trello, Basecamp, and Zoom are already integrated. This isn't a PM software your team will just refer to once a day, it's a platform from which your team can not only communicate, but work together and collaborate to complete projects, tasks, and goals.

Cons

The only problem with project management is getting a team to utilize new PM Software. Luckily, the support team is there to make sure your company's transition is as smooth as possible.

Kianja J.
Industry: Accounting

An Amazing Space To Collaborate With Your Team

Reviewed on 4/12/2020

This is an amazing piece of software. I not only use this for my business, but also to manage school work for my children as we have to conduct school from home during the pandemic.

Pros

I found the Gantt project management style really helpful and intuitive. I love the fact that I can assign tasks to team members, have chats in real time and can conduct video calls via zoom within the software. Kaban view is extremely helpful as we move through projects.

Cons

I would love to use this as an all in one client portal for my accounting business, but this software doesn't have invoicing capabilities.

Industry: Religious Institutions

Better than most out of the gate

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

Pros

This is the easiest-on-the-eyes, most intuitive PM platform we've tried or used (especially compared to Asana and Notion). Document storage, creation, and management is a breeze. Uploading large numbers of files is lightning fast, and document navigation is super easy. Task management has deep capacity. Onboarding has been a snap compared to other platforms. Devs have built in heavy emphasis on real-time communication and collaboration. Support is super responsive. They have a very active development schedule. Nifty will replace Asana, Slack, and Dropbox Paper for us.

Cons

There is no native print function anywhere. All uploaded files and files created in Nifty have to be downloaded in order to print. This presents companies with an added security issue. In the Files section, pdfs are uploaded as images, so even if you download to print, you just have a png.

The Share function for Files only shares to people on your team or onboarded guests.

All kinds of system notifications show up in the Discussion streams and there's no way to delete them.

The functionality of the Discussions widget is less than the functionality when you click through and expand the Discussions to a full window. So, for instance, you cannot pin a discussion from the widget. This is the least intuitive thing about the app.

James L.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Stands out as a very nice alternative to better known project management and collaboration apps

Reviewed on 6/06/2020

Very good on boarding email series and live chat support is very responsive.

Pros

These guys have built a very well thought-out app in terms of functionality and they have done it in a way that includes a beautiful UI/UX which is not the case with many better known solutions. Things I love so far:

* High level of control with project management but simple interface
* Project management alongside team/project chat, create google docs NATIVELY within Nifty, file storage/sharing, shared calendars
* Ability to share some parts and hide other parts of a project with collaborators
* Seems to be designed in a way that makes it a great tool for both technical teams & product/corporate teams
* Comes with native Mac App, Android App, iPhone App

Cons

Would be nice to see more native integrations rather than relying too heavily on Zapier which is pricey.

Christopher J.

The Best SAAS Tool You've Never Used

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

We are a software development startup that overlaps slightly with an existing successful business. It's been very difficult for us to coordinate projects and communication across the team, and as we bring on new team members, this was becoming more of an issue. Nifty has allowed us to organize our projects/tasks/communications, while providing an approachable interface for even new users. It's awesome. My days are literally better because of Nifty.

Pros

Everything. It's the best UI/UX I've ever seen. Using the tool is super intuitive, and then you find there are even more powerful functions just underneath the surface. Makes it both approachable, easily adoptable, while at the same time being able to scale to meet the new challenges/complexities of your business as it grows.

This is the absolute best tool you have never used. Yes it's the best project management tool, but in terms of app design, feature set, quality, interface, customer support and beyond, Nifty is also the best SAAS tool that exists in any niche.

Cons

There is literally nothing I dislike. I found one problem, where I was unable to paste content with bullet points into a Nifty Doc. I reported it, and they already had it as an upcoming fix for their next update. Less than 48 hours later it was fixed. Not only was it fixed, but their support team followed up with me to let me know. Just first class in every single way.

Adam R.

Nifty is a Must for PMs

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

Pros

Before Nifty we used PivotalTracker. It was a mess. Engineers were duplicating tasks, QA didn't know what was ready for test, and my fellow department heads had no idea what was being released or when it was being released. Then we got Nifty, and everyone had clear visibility to their tasks, deadlines, and what needed to be done. Department heads and partners could plan releases efficiently. It was like everything just started working like it was supposed to. If you build and ship software. You need Nifty to manage your projects.

Cons

Sprint velocity needs to be improved a bit, but it is on their road map. However, its current version of tracking user story points is better than Jira.

Ersan T.
Industry: Computer Software

Great product, replace Asana for me

Reviewed on 24/06/2020

Pros

Nifty is a solid product and works great in collaboration, actually it is supported by a great team, i love working with it daily.

Cons

Actually there 's nothing that I dont like about the product and as much as I use it i love it more.