4.8
Russell P.

Great for the SPED community

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Classroom-based teacher

Pros

From a SPED perspective, USATestPrep is a great asset to have in your toolkit! It allows individuals to have an individualized learning plan, if the teacher puts in just a little effort. Here are the pros:
- Students can independently see their strengths and weaknesses and work to improve
- Teachers can offer remediation to small groups of kids who need help with specific topics
- There's a variety of ways to practice: question sets, performance tasks, reading assignments, videos, games, puzzles. Lots of ways to engage diverse learners.
- Teachers can control the difficulty of questions being asked. It's awesome!
- Teachers can shorten assignments (which is often an accommodation on the IEP) with the click of a button.
- This could be used as an extra support in a resource classroom to supplement what teachers are doing in the classroom.
- It's easily navigated by students and teachers.

Cons

No real cons stick out from a SPED perspective. I suppose one could say that because there's so much here, an individual could get "lost in the weeds" at first. But USATestPrep provides a lot of help and has great customer support, so just be patient and this will not be a problem. One may also feel that it's a steep price if funding is a difficulty, but when you consider all that's available through the platform - it really is worth it.

Renee R.

Fantastic EOC review program

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

I taught Economics for a while and used the program to review for our end of course testing. The resources and questions are great. There are question types to choose from for reviews, crossword puzzles, writing prompts and so much great resources that all students using this should be ready for the tests. The grading system is very easy to understand as well.

Pros

I have taught for over 14 years and we have used this program for a large part of that time. All three school systems have used it. I love the large amount of resources in this site and the ability to track their progress.

Cons

There are so many resources on this site that there is nothing so can complain about. It’s amazing.

Micaiah L.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: Self Employed

USAtestprep Review

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Pros

My teachers' use this to help us with studying for state tests, Act's, and just regular tests. This software really helps you if you need help in a certain subject too.

Cons

What I least like about it is that sometimes it acts up if you don't have a really good connection to Wi-Fi or anything. And the website really seems to crash all the time in my area, at least just for me.

Jacqueline J.

USATestprep allows me the. opportunity to gather real time data to differentiate my instruction.

Reviewed on 2/08/2017

Pros

I like the fact that student get immediate feedback. It allows me to which elements they are weak in. I am able to assign different assignments to students in the same class.

Cons

I do not like the following:
- unable to share assignments with teachers from other schools
- unable to time assignments
- students are able to copy and paste questions in web bowser

Response from USATestprep

Hi Jacqueline, Thank you for your review! The only type of assessment that can be shared among schools is a district-level benchmark, which is typically managed by a district administrator. As far as sharing all other assignment types, those can only be shared among teachers at the same school. However, I¿ll be happy to pass along your suggestion.

Every student result shows the start and end time, along with the elapsed time so that you can quickly see how long it took for the student to complete the assignment. As far as a timer option goes, that is something our development team has considered adding to benchmarks only.

Unfortunately, this is a potential downside to anytime a student is working on the internet. Our programmers are planning to block copy and paste functionality in certain areas of the site, such as vocabulary and short answer terms. Since free response questions are teacher-graded, we leave those answers up to your discretion whether they seem valid.

Yolanda S.
Industry: Education Management

USATestPrep is an exceptional tool for teachers to utilize in the enrichment of daily lessons.

Reviewed on 2/08/2017

Easy data analysis with ease of teacher training. This product definitely improves standardized testing scores and student test stamina. As a daily lesson enhancement tool, this software is top notch.

Pros

I like having the ability to differentiate instruction and testing utilizing this software. I served as the administrator for my school and creating professional development opportunities was a breeze as the teachers were able to effectively use the software in their classrooms. As well being able to troubleshoot problems was easy. Students found that the activities were engaging and not overly time consuming. The test data was displayed in such a way that analyzing was made simple whether the teacher is a first year or a veteran.

Cons

I honestly do not have any cons for this software. I have utilized it and administered it in three different schools and I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Sandra S.

We use USA Test Prep throughout our entire school.

Reviewed on 4/08/2017

Pros

It is aligned with FSA. Our students could practice with a benchmark any time they liked. It really helped with our overall FSA scores.

Cons

I would like to be able to see old scores along with retake scores. I would also like to be able to see everything the student does even if they don't identify the teachers they want to see it.

Response from USATestprep

Hi Sandra,
Thank you for your review! In your assignment and benchmark results, you can see the students¿ original scores and retry scores displayed together (original on top and retry directly below). However, in your gradebook, you do have to toggle back and forth between original and retry.

If you would like to see everything that a student has completed, even what they chose not to report, then you can log in to the student¿s account (go to your Classes tab ¿> gear icon on far right ¿> Login link next to the student¿s name) and go to the Graded Work button on their home page. That will give an overall list of everything they¿ve completed on the site.

Kelly B.
Industry: E-Learning

Great for differentiation in classrooms!

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

I have enjoyed using USAtestprep in my classroom, I will continue to use it as long as we have it here at my school.

Pros

I like that the curriculum is rigorous and straight to the point. My students can work on targeted areas of weakness and strength so that I can give them work that they need. Each student can have a login and not worry about being singled out for needing to work on a lower area.

The tests are also awesome for setting of assessments that are preparing them for the end of the year.

Cons

When the website crashes, it throws the routine off. It doesn't happen often, but it sometimes has caused problems.

Response from USATestprep

Hi Kelly -- Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. (We know how busy teachers are!) It means a lot to us to hear how our product is working for students and you've obviously got a strong grip on one of the best features - personalized learning for students. Thanks again, and we hope you have a great school year!

Amy T.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

USA Test Prep makes differentiation easy!

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

I have been able to prepare students for standardized tests, raising scores significantly. I can also document how students are progressing on individual standards using differention.

Pros

USA Test Prep allows me to help my students based on the standards. I can assign practice, tasks, games, or tests based on class weaknesses or individual weaknesses. It automatically tracks how each student is progressing on each standard. This saves me a ton of time!
Their customer service goes above and beyond. They not only answer a question but go the extra step to give you suggestions if it is an issue they cannot fix.

Cons

Occasionally there are not enough questions for a standard (but if I email them to ask for more, they work on it!)

Carol M.
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

UTP: the Equalizer

Reviewed on 8/08/2019

UTP has provided our educators with a new level of confidence and engagement in meetings and in their classroom. No longer is one teacher standing alone in the data room. All teachers are able to access their data in real-time and provide feedback and assistance to the end user which is the learner.

Pros

When I go through a day and teachers that I work with feel good about assessment and assessment results it is a very good day. UTP has leveled the field in public education. Now all teachers can easily generate reports, disseminate data, collaborate in a meaningful way in PLC’s that can truly be data driven.

Cons

Would like more questions and standards alignment in a few areas

Patricia F.
Industry: Education Management

Having used USA Test Prep in multiple settings, it is a very user-friendly and worthwhile program.

Reviewed on 1/08/2017

Students have individual needs met.

Pros

I love the fact that remediation can be created off of benchmarks. It's user friendly on that aspect. The times I have "issues" or wishes with it, I can contact customer service and often their response is that they are working on it or they will forward it to the development team. Some suggestions I have made in the past have been implemented.

Cons

The gradebook is cumbersome. Remediation doesn't fit easily in it. I wish remediation could come off of more than just the benchmarks.

Response from USATestprep

Patricia,

Thank you for your feedback. I agree about the Gradebook. The Gradebook is on our list of features to improve. Remediation can also be assigned from the Progress Report by clicking on a dot.

Kelly C.

SCCA Loves USATestPrep

Reviewed on 7/08/2019

Pros

We love USATP at our school. We actually use the program for all of our unit tests and for our benchmarks. We use the Green Dot Challenge for our test corrections. Our students know how to sign in and practice on their own. We are actually using USATP school-wide for all of benchmarks this year. CUstomer Service is always willing to help me, even when I call them with crazy questions.

Cons

I wish there was curriculum for K-2 grade.

Allison R.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

It has helped my 8th grade students grow!

Reviewed on 7/08/2019

Overall, I LOVE using USA test prep in my classes. When introduced carefully to students and monitored frequently, it helps students to grow in my class.

Pros

I liked that USA test prep gave my students practice that was rigorous and closely aligned with state standards.

Cons

The USA test prep site can be overwhelming at first. However, the free webinars and in-person trainings make a huge difference.

Response from USATestprep

Allison -- thank you for the kind review. We are actively looking at ways to help our teachers understand all the resources available to them on our platform without, as you say, feeling overwhelmed. We're getting there! However, we agree the trainings make a huge difference. Thanks, again!

Shari B.

Well Worth the Money

Reviewed on 9/08/2019

I use it almost daily to help kids with the learning experience. I love it!

Pros

This program is vital to our study of American History and state testing.

Cons

The questions need to be updated yearly after the Texas STAAR test is released.

Rebecca T.

USATestPrep has made me excited about using data & assessments again.

Reviewed on 31/07/2017

Pros

USATestPrep makes assessments quick & easy. In a matter of minutes I am able to determine my students' strengths & weaknesses. This program allows me to assign lessons based on those areas of weakness which means I'm intervening in a matter of minutes. RTI & remediation concerns have been eliminated with the ease of use this program allows.

Cons

USATestPrep is truly a unique program offering quick, formative assessments & immediate access to student data. The only drawback I've experienced so far is that some standards need more questions/practice available.

Response from USATestprep

Rebecca, Thanks for your kind feedback.

Branden R.

it is amazing

Reviewed on 1/08/2017

Pros

I like how the software is similar to the state exams at the end of the year, so students can figure out how to adjust to the test.

Cons

I dislike how the practice questions sometimes are from different sections that the students have not discussed.

Response from USATestprep

Branden, Thank you for your kind feedback.

Shamika W.

The Best Tool

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

I am using it for Data Driven Instruction

Pros

It is aligned to the state standards and it has a Large selection of passages and questions. It also lets you manage data and progress monitoring.

Cons

I honestly do not have anything that I dislike.

Isaac B.

I've never used a program I could so easily align to my state assessment.

Reviewed on 2/08/2017

Pros

Alignment to standards. Ease of assessment creation. Instantaneous feedback for students.. Videos and follow-up activities are already linked to standards for easy targeted differentiated instruction and remediation. Class creation is easy. The assessment data gives a strong picture of a whole class or any small group you create so you can fully remediate.

Cons

As a K through 12 school I didn't like that licenses had to be purchased separately for middle school and high school. Because it is a test prep program there isn't any content for my subjects which are not state tested.

Tabitha W.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Specific common core lessons and practice, great tool for End of Year testing practice and prep.

Reviewed on 1/08/2017

Standardized test preparation and practice. Real time grading. Review suggestions, Class games

Pros

USATP is user friendly and kid friendly! The activities are fun and engaging but also informative. Users are able to see their progress in real time and USATP has a feature to show what needs review.

Cons

Some of the questions for the tests are confusing in their wording. I would like to be able to write my own.

Response from USATestprep

Tabitha,

Thank you for your kind review. Within USATestprep, you are able to write and add your own questions for benchmarks. If you find a question that is confusing, please submit a feedback and our team will review the question.

Zachary D.
Industry: Telecommunications

USATestPrep

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 12/05/2019

Pros

Standards-aligned activities and lessons that students can practice and are assessed on. I like that there are games and puzzles that help reinforce the concepts in the lesson. If I have a parent ask how their child can do some extra practice at home, I direct them to USATestPrep.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more variety as far as the games and puzzles go. Some more exciting and interactive games might be a good motivator for students to login and practice!

Response from USATestprep

Zachary,

Thank you for the feedback! We take all teacher suggestions to heart and I'll be forwarding your comments re: more game variety to our intrepid product developers.

Thanks again -- we know teachers are busy and truly appreciate your time.

Tricia L.

Great interactive resource for Keystone Literature test prep

Reviewed on 17/08/2017

Pros

The videos and interactive activities. Its not just straight up questions but performance tasks and various objective questions. It keeps my students engaged.

Cons

I would love to see a progress report for student grades by activity that they completed. When I have a student who was absent complete a group assignment after I have recorded grades I need to go into each activity to recored the grades. It would be so much easier if I could click on the student and bring up their grades for the group assignment all at once.

Leslie H.
Industry: Education Management

USA Test Prep will prep your Students!

Reviewed on 15/03/2019

Pros

This program has test like questions and performance tasks that will allow your students to be content ready and they will be testing format ready. It will give you data on your students' progress which will help you to know if you need to re-teach anything.

Cons

I have been using USA Test Prep for over 6 years now, and I have no issues with it.

Response from USATestprep

Hi Leslie -- Thanks for the review and for 6 years of being part of the USATestprep family. We appreciate you!

Maryjo A.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

I have used USA test prep for many years and it is user-friendly and gives good formative data.

Reviewed on 7/08/2017

It allows me to help my students

Pros

It is great for milestone review. I especially love that you can add your class and then select what you want them to work on individually.

Cons

The printable's need to be updated. Some of the tests seem a little too difficult to me. We used the program for remediation and credit recovery, but many of the children could not pass the test and it broke my heart after they had worked so hard.

Lisa P.
Industry: Education Management

USA Test Prep is a teacher's best friend and a student's study partner. Love it!!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017

I get awesome data that helps drive my instruction. USA Test Prep has truly been a great tool for the classroom.

Pros

I love the data it provides. I also love that I can add my own standards based questions. This helps the data truly be reflective of the students learning.

Cons

I wish the videos were more engaging. I do however like that they are short and that it requires the students to wait a certain amount of time before answering.

Melani T.

Love Love Love

Reviewed on 1/08/2017

Pros

I feel that this software is excellent. It is extremely easy to use - you are able to created domain specific tests or overall tests that students can use at any time.

Cons

I feel that one of the cons revolves around the question banks. Some questions in the banks are limited - need to strengthen the questions in some specific banks.

Response from USATestprep

Melani, Thanks for leaving us a review.

Bev D.
Industry: Telecommunications

USATESTPREP is the best program of its type for the money!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017

The ability to differentiate for each student is one of the best aspects of this software. Once the students begin taking assignments, the software recommends areas that may need more help in. This is such a great tool.

Pros

I really appreciate the quality of the videos. They are on point and the students will watch them and retain the information.

Response from USATestprep

Bev, Thank you for your nice review.