Kitomba

Salon and Spa Software. Making you more successful.

4.5 /5 (64 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
3.7
4.2
4.3
4.5
Hannah L.

The All in One Software

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

Pros

We most love Kitomba for its easy booking options from booking ourselves to clients online booking and changing appointments on their own. The time it frees up it amazing, it offers great reports and a wide range that are extremely useful for any aspect of your business, we love it and wouldnt change it!

Cons

The Price. We do love Kitomba but it is one of the most expensive on the market, they do offer discounts to long standing clients, but will need to keep up offering the best service and reporting as there is a lot of products coming up in the market that could soon offer the same for less!

Kate M.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Easy to learn and pick up....

Reviewed on 1/05/2018

Easy to use, can view when not at work, easy to work out features with create online support and just a phone call. Love team view so you can hope in and do what would take us hours. Nice peope to deal with on the end of the phone...understand that we have no idea.

Pros

The customer service and pricing...have used a few and this is by far the best in both avenues. The online booking feature is a favourite with our clients and is easy use for them.

Cons

Some appointment features could work better with rebooking. We book clients ahead and rescheduling appointments can be a little long winded to do.

Annie G.

We love Kitomba and all the Customer Service support has been amazing!

Reviewed on 8/05/2018

From a manual (book and pen) system too Kitomba it has increased our service time, as kitomba you can automate text msgs, reminders, cautions and pos.

Pros

Easier to navigate and teach
The text msg service
Campaign marketing messages
Clear fonts, tabs and headings
Cloud based storage and security

Cons

The cost!
For a small business its very hard to justify spending (my approx. bill) on a booking system when there are so many other cheap options on the market that provide similar services.

Natasha H.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Owner

Reviewed on 4/08/2019

Haven’t really had any issues it wud be good to have onsite training with all my staff. I would like more as a business owner I brought the salon and there is a lot of stuff on there that I feel I am not getting full use out of because of lack of knowledge

Pros

It was just there when I purchased the salon I would change but it’s to hard

Cons

I find it’s hard to get support to actually come out and do training with staff and it’s so EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE for what it is the only reason I won’t change is because it is what we all know and it is to hard

Evin A.

The customer service has always been fantastic, always happy to guide me through any issues

Reviewed on 1/05/2018

Pros

I like the benchmark settings, the reports and the accessibility on my phone to change or update appointments

Cons

I have had a few difficulties with the phone application, like wanting to book an appointment but not send a text confirmation which it automatically will, and sometimes moving appointments or changing their time does not always function smoothly

Kirsten F.

Absolutely love how easy kitomba is to use. And the staff are always helpful.

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

Pros

Love the text messaging reminders, love the support, love how easy it is to use. Love that they are always bribing out new features.

Cons

Sometimes the price of the monthly fees can be a bit much, but other then that I can't complain about kitomba!!

Sara C.

I have been using Kitomba for over 6 years in our business and absolutely love it

Reviewed on 27/04/2018

Pros

The software is very easy to use and if anything does go wrong the customer support is amazing and they will get you sorted very quickly

Cons

If I had to say one con it would be not being able to use concession cards with an exception once they expire.

Isabell P.

Best salon softwear I’ve used

Reviewed on 27/08/2018

Love the weekly business summaries has everything I need to see at a glance wot each girl is achieving

Pros

The integration of appointments, reports , use of kitomba 1 on mobile SMS ability

Cons

The cost per month is quite expensive but it never fails to deliver

Kylee N.

Reccomend to all.

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

Pros

Easy to use and very innovative developers always looking at ways to improve the features.
Helpdesk support is fantastic.

Cons

There is nothing negative that comes to mind.

Tracy K.

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 4/08/2019

I love how with K1 I can control so much remotely.

Pros

Kitomba is easy to use and has great support when needed.

Cons

Whenever we have had issues they have been quickly resolved.

Barbara W.

Reviewed on 7/08/2019

Great

Pros

It is easy to use. The support is fantastic.

Cons

focus is to hair dressing and not day spas

Belinda B.

Satisfaction

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Sales targets are easy to track and we love the online booking

Pros

We love the onlinebooking system and point if sale....

Cons

Nothing really, there isn't anything I dontlike about Kitomba

Leanne M.

Behind the times

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

The customer service is good and the staff try hard to help us but they are only as good as the programming and this is too slow. Business is moving so fast as is our customer's needs. We have to keep up with them otherwise we lose them.

Pros

Im not sure because there are some good things but the gaps counteract the good

Cons

They are far too slow in keeping up with customer needs eg 1. There is no waitlist
2. We cannot add notes to Client forms 3. We cannot send out Client forms prior to arrival to save time. 4. Online booking and reporting do not work together

Wendy K.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Recent Update

Reviewed on 8/08/2019

Pros

As always amazing support- Help Desk staff are fantastic
Easy to use many different functions.

Cons

Recent update visually is more difficult to see -Templates Calendar graphics not bold or clear enough.

Maria F.

This platform has been a game changer for our business and support is 2nd to none.

Reviewed on 1/05/2018

Pros

Its ease of use, the lists we can generate and marketing capabilities - online booking is so smooth.

Cons

On our online booking automated email we would like to change the text completely and I have been told I cannot do that ( I can just add text) this would be awesome if we could change this.

Mahira H.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Horrible experience

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

The worst service and experience I have ever had and they just attract you till you sign and then and give you fine when you think to cancel plus not professional service and hard to use I have been with another company they way better
Be aware if this company

Pros

Nothing , it’s all messy system besides complicated

Cons

I don’t like any thing about this system

Ashleigh C.

Kitomba review

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

Kitomba is a great system to use with great functions and easy to get the hang of. Only downside is the price.

Carla T.

Great All-round Salon/Spa Software

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Great overall experience- they take all feedback and often release new features due to popular demand. Constantly upgrading and improving their software.

Pros

We love how extensive the system is- we can run reports on every thing we need, plus more! The customer service is great- they always answer our calls or emails very quickly.

Cons

The cost, however, we are totally happy paying the cost as we receive so many benefits.

Stephanie L.

Some of the reports are a little confusing and sometimes lack specific targeting.

Reviewed on 1/05/2018

Pros

Easy, comprehensive, great support. Always updating and keeping up with things. The staff are friendly and very helpful.

Cons

Not sure if it adds product back if you delete or credit. I do find the everyday marketing a little hard to get sometimes and it is hard to target specifics (maybe I don't know how to use it) I often don't have time to to watch videos about the utilization of the system. Maybe if a planned rep visit to go over the finer things would be good. Now that we are with Mailchimp it would be good to maybe have the accepts promo box ticked as default and that way when mailchimp deletes it we know for sure it's not just an oversite. My docket printouts are also confusing because of where the separation line is. I would like to be able to also print out the clients treatment note history.

Diana B.

Kitomba review

Reviewed on 8/08/2019

The reporting is excellent and easy to use. It helps me measure my business KPI's on a daily basis. It also helps set my weekly, monthly targets and allows my team to access them easily through Kitomba one.
We receive about 10 online bookings per day which has really allowed us to grow our business.

Pros

I love the reporting. The magic marketing is excellent and the customer service awesome. Prompt and informative.
I love Kitomba One and the Target facility. Also the Benchmarking is great.
The online booking service works well.

Cons

We recently changed to a Mac and the software is not really compatible. It would be great if not was cloud based or just worked a bit better on the appointment interface.

Kyle W.

Getting Better Every Time

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

I can see what is booked in from where ever i am. No need to chase people regarding there appointment and client history. Ease of salon functions.

Pros

I like that it can be set up to automatically do the work for you, when you know how to set this up. I feel its user friendly and easy to use and tech to use.

Cons

Thats you cannot make a reoccurring appointment for clients that come weekly. we have to copy and paste the appointment. I don't like the online booking payment, that its done through PayPal. i feel having to transfer from PayPal to my account is just more work for me. so i have chosen not to have this option.

Kym H.

Customer review

Reviewed on 7/08/2019

Pros

How easy it is to use on a day to day basis

Cons

The fact that I don’t know how to use all aspects of the program so don’t get the full experience out of it

Kerrie S.

Kitomba

Reviewed on 4/08/2019

I’m pretty happy, it could be a little bit cheaper but the support is outstanding

Pros

The way the appointments are booked is easy to read

Cons

Sometimes things randomly go missing like if we have a deposit put on for a client, sometimes it’s gone and they haven’t used it

Toni R.

Great software

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

Pros

User friendliness. Available features. Customer support

Cons

Not much I don’t like. The support team are always very helpful. The cost was a bit much for a small business but we have come to an agreement recently in which I am happy with.

Sue B.

considering the time difference Kitomba support is good

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

smooth running of salon

Pros

Easy to use for all staff members , reports cover most information required. easy access and staff can user

Cons

Company based overseas and sometimes need help during uk day time . most cases can wait for help but sometimes help is needed immediately