RepairDesk

CRM, repair ticketing & invoicing software for repair shops

4.8 /5 (153 reviews) Write a Review!
4.8
4.7
4.7
4.6
4.8
Sean W.

Ideal POS for Repair Shops

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

great nothing i can add to this.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the integrations between my website and this POS. Customers are always commenting that they enjoy the experience of booking their devices in using this much valued RD integration. I like also that RD software engineers are always updating and this is never the finished article and RD is always evolving. Also I love the customer facing display and customers agree to our t+c before the repair commences and see the price of it. It gives me a professional approach and something I can go back to if i need to and show the customer that I made you aware of.......... and you agreed to this with a signature to back this up. The reporting aspect and KPIs is another key part of the RD system. All round its justa great system to use. Backed up by a great team on the help desk especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who helps me tremendously if I need help with something

Cons

yes there are issues and sometimes things go wrong and there are bugs within it that can occur but not anything that I would gripe over. I moved from Repairshopr 3 years ago and when I compare the 2 ? RD are streets ahead of them

David T.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

A very buggy and unreliable option for repair shop software

Reviewed on 9/03/2020

My experience was not a good one, I had to run two different POS systems so when we where unable to use repairdesk due to bugs we had another solution ready to go. The lack of acknowledgement of bugs and issues and the lack of tech support being available within our trading hours meant we had to cancel repairdesk.

Pros

The software has some good options as far as plug ins go, customer facing display etc.

Cons

I had a lot of trouble using RepairDesk, we found alot of bugs that are inexcusable in a top dollar POS system. Simple things like changing a price, logging in, adding new devices all have a lot of bugs that require refreshing the page and evening re-logging in. These issues are repetitive and where reported multiple times to the team at Repairdesk. Tech support was not helpful as in Australia we close our stores an hour after they open for tech support, before that we are on our own. After speaking regularly with the staff including [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] I found these issues will not be fixed anytime soon as they tend to have the approach that "You are the only one experiencing these issues". After discussing with other repair store owners and working out they are experiencing the same issues as our store was, I realized until the team at Repairdesk take responsibility for these bugs and actively resolve them rather than denying they exist repairdesk will not be a viable system for our business to invest in. Being frank when you send them video evidence of the bugs its a pretty silly business decision to deny the issues exist.

Response from RepairDesk

Hello David,
Thank you for your review. We're very sorry that we were unable to make RepairDesk work for your business and saddens us to see you unsatisfied. We are always working diligently to address all bugs that are notified to us, and we appreciate your feedback. Our aim is to make RepairDesk more stable and functional for everyone, and we hope to one day have you give our software another shot and see some great changes that will motivate you to come back.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Shane L.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

RepairDesk is the only way togo

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

110% I love RepairDesk

Pros

Ease of use, Customer Service, The amount of help you get when setting up, Ticketing, POS functionality

Cons

Deleting some aspects of the inventory such as existing manufacturers is hard todo with out erasing the whole inventory

Response from RepairDesk

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the awesome review. We're real happy to have Computer Cave as one of our customers, and we love that you're so happy with RepairDesk as a whole.

Using our software can be cumbersome at times, yes, but we're always here to help you out with our active support team and knowledge base articles. Give us a shout any time you need help, and we'll be there to take care of everything.

Thanks again for everything. You're awesome!

Eyob K.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

The best POS for Cellphone repair busines!

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

RepairDesk is a decent POS, easy to use, it gave us total solution for our onsite cell phone repair busines, Especially keep updating customers with ON MY WAY email/sms and sending them technician’s location in real time.

Pros

I really like RepairDesk POS b/c can be used on smart phones and iPads anywhere anytime! and the best customer support!!

Cons

At the moment we don’t have any issues with RepairDesk POS software we really love it!!

Paul N.

RepairDesk User

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Very happy with the software, Streamlining was well executed and updates are regular and the software informs you of any new features as soon as it is made available

Pros

Ease of use, No hassle with setup, Easy customization

Cons

Can't really complain about anything. The developers are easy to reach and Extremely helpful, Friendly and Professional

James M.
Industry: Computer Hardware

A good Software if your willing to learn the complexity

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Pros

Repair Desk is truly able to handle 100% of daily tasks and streamline the process.
Creating Tickets
Managing COGS
Employee management
so on and so forth.
The repair Desk Team is there to help you through any questions and will take remote control of your computer if necessary to help complete setup tasks

Cons

You need to know a good deal about how to find information on your own. I am lucky enough to have a good grip on Excel sheets and how to navigate around them to find specific data and that is what you will have to do for a majority of the customization. The repairdesk team is available to help during regular business hours and they are wonderful but sometimes (being from another country) translation of my question does get lost in conversation (that's not the biggest deal to me.) they are not there to do the work for you, you will have to do it on your own.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jose R.

READY SET REPAIR

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

GREAT LOVE REPAIR DESK LOVE THE POS NICE CLEAN LOOK GOOD FEEL EASY TO USE .

Pros

EASY , STRIGHT FORWARD, CUSTOMER SERVICE ON POINT,

Cons

UPDATES , NEED PICTURES ON PARTS, NEED PARTS ON 11, 11 PRO , 11 PRO MAX, AUTOMATIC UPDATES FOR PARTS AND PRICES

Ben C.

Repair desk POS

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

Overall after getting through learning it, it was worth it in the end. This covers so many aspects of the business, it’s really the only softwear we will ever need.

Pros

The softwear covers all bases and is still being improved as the market changes.

Cons

It takes some time to learn and train to the employees.

Kevin M.

<3 Repair desk

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Pros

The staff/ support is great. Very good people to talk to and very helpful. Pretty seamless and easy to use

Cons

Repair tracker doesnt do anything for my customer other than let them know its here and in progress... they already know that. It would be more helpful if i can tell them what is going on or where the part is for the specail order via tracking number.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Dan M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Easy to use high functioning ticketing system

Reviewed on 18/02/2019

We clubbed three stores jobs and it’s amazing how simple our process become .

Pros

Great and within a hand reach customer service and support system at any time of a day it doesn’t matter you fallen different time zone , they are always there to help.
As soon as you start trail process you get tharough training or nearly expalined complete use to do program from them through computer screen sharing. I believe this is important as what is the point of highly sophisticated program when end user can’t use or able to understand and use.
We were used to many ticketing tool but this is by far best one — easy to use , has all option you think of while creating job and More ever never lagged any time or in front of customer while using.
Good inventory system to match ticketing system and with completion of invoicing system . I can only say the repair desk one complete program with all the features needed for any repair shop.

Cons

Nothing really . If they do one time software purchase option instead of year subscription it would be really good We

Response from RepairDesk

Hello Dan,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We really appreciate how awesome you've been. It is so nice to hear that you've had a great experience with our customer service & that you consider RepairDesk to be a highly sophisticated program.

We work hard to make sure that our software never feels too complicated or counterproductive, and our support team never feels out of reach for any queries that you may have. Currently, we haven't explored the idea of putting out a lifetime purchase option, but until we get around to it, you can always go for our yearly subscription so you don't have to worry about immediate payments.

Thanks again for your kind word. You're awesome!

Basel K.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

Amazing Software! Great Features! Help our business to move to the next level!!!

Reviewed on 13/01/2018

I would HIGHLY recommend this for really anyone in the computer and cellphone repair field. If you are pretty much ready to go out of the box. Have to give it a try!

Pros

I tested dozens of software in trying to manage remote clients, on-sites, repair bench items, inventory, refurbished devices and general CRM duties for our IT and cellphone repair company.

They were all terrible in their own particular ways. From one of the most expensive POS in the United States to most of on-line and off-line CRM tools and software, we kept running into roadblocks and compromises. Not to mention terrible UI's, high costs, and so on and so forth.

RepairDesk is a breath of fresh air. The UI makes sense, the price is reasonable, it's super fast, and it covers everything we need. I was hesitant to switch to using it for Invoicing Vs Denali at first, but was better than we expect; we ended up using RepairDesk for all invoicing and payments, and everything now done through their platform, since our lives are now inside RepairDesk and we couldn't be happier.

The other very pleasant thing is the aggressive update schedule the team has - new and improved features (that competitors can't cover)are rolled out constantly, without being disruptive to the existing workflow.

This software has transformed our business. RepairDesk fits the bill totally, for tracking, estimates and complete control. With RepairDesk, it has really been able to automate this process of our business and produce professional results.

Cons

If there is any! 24 Hours support can FIXED it immediately.

Response from RepairDesk

Thank you for being an awesome customer Basel & for your valuable feedback.

We are happy that you are satisfied with RepairDesk and we aim to make the system even easier and more convenient for you.

Our development and customer support team are working rigorously, and smooth operations on your end are our main priority.

Scott P.

Cracked Glass Phone Repair review

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

Good customer service, just slow with the needed update. Expected by end of 2020, if not, I’ll be shopping for a solution that has the checkout feature I need. That would be unfortunate as the ticket and invoice tracking are very well laid out and intuitive.

Pros

Ticket handling and inventory tracking are great features. Good for tracking customers as well, but being able to track all the tickets pending and waiting is great.

Cons

I would love to use this with an iPad at my checkout, however the POS doesn’t track both taxes when converting a ticket into an invoice. This is a critical feature for any region where there are two taxes.

Response from RepairDesk

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the great review. We're real happy to learn that RepairDesk is easy to use for you and you're having a great time with the ticketing and invoicing modules.

We're working real hard to add a lot more features to our systems, and support for dual tax is coming to the iPad POS in Q4 2020. We're a couple weeks away from introducing it, and once we do, you'll have a much easier time running your repair shop on the iPad. Drop us a line if there's anything else you'd like to see in the software.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Sam H.

Amazing Software, amazing customer support!

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

Pros

Makes intake of phone repairs fast easy and gets the information I need into a cloud database properly. Much better management system than paper sheets.

Wonderful support with dymo label printer to make tickets even easier to view with pertinent information on the label and a barcode leading to ticket for the rest of the info

Works great as a general purpose POS software as well with items having many options for each items customization.

THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE no matter if it's a bug in the software or your own user error the support team is there to help you out either in live chat or on their facebook group where you can talk directly with the CEO of repairdesk. Plus with new features they deliver the software just keeps getting better and better

Cons

There are definitely some bugs here and there but support staff handles them very quickly.

iPad app is extremely helpful for creating tickets quickly but barely useful after that with a lot of missing features. this should be taken care of soon with many updates and bug fixes incoming to the ios app

Response from RepairDesk

Thank you for being an awesome customer Sam & for your valuable feedback.

We have marked your suggestion regarding iPad app and will work on it soon.

Moustapha D.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

These guys are great. Their product is build by repair techs for repair techs.

Reviewed on 2/10/2020

When I first started my company I tried out three different POS Systems. None of them even came close to RepairDesk. I even know the employees by name because they are so helpful. The software has everything that a computer or phone repair shop will ever need. I can see how much sales tax I need to pay how much profit I have and how much sales have grown over the past few months. There’s even a whole section dedicated None of them even came close to RepairDesk. I even know the employees by name because they are so helpful. The software has everything that a computer or phone repair shop will ever need. I can see how much sales tax I need to pay how much profit I have and how much sales have grown over the past few months. There’s even a whole section dedicated To reports. This company could be charging a lot more and I appreciate your help.

Pros

It has EVERYTHING I NEED. It helps me look better as a company. From self checkin to sms, and email.

Cons

Some QuickBook invoices don’t sync automatically at times.

Response from RepairDesk

Hi Moustapha,

Thanks so much for the awesome review! You rock!

We're so happy that RepairDesk has everything you were looking for in a cellphone/computer repair shop software. We've worked long and hard to make sure our customers are satisfied with what we have, and we're always open to feedback.

If there's something you feel needs improvement in our system, don't hesitate to contact our support team. We love hearing from you and wish the best for your business with RepairDesk right at your side.

Ash C.

Support is unreal!

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Love it

Pros

How good the POS system is and how easy the staff picked it up

Cons

Mapping to parts is hard sometimes but support team figure it out instantly

Response from RepairDesk

Hi Ash,

Thanks a lot for your super review! We're really happy to know that RepairDesk solves all your troubles extraordinarily well.

We designed our systems to be feature-packed yet very easy to use, and it's so great to hear that your staff caught up with it so easily. Likewise, our support team is always there to take care of your needs and help you out with anything that you desire. And as always, if there's anything you'd like to discuss, Usman is always ready for a call!

Thanks for being awesome!

Norma C.

Repair Desk is easy

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

Overall experience has been great. Refunds was one of my concerns since sometimes there was only one item that need to be refunded I like that I can go back and only refund the items needed.

Pros

We have used Repir Desk for a little over 2 years and it has been so easy to navigate and understand. Being able to write notes for in house is a plus. All of our repairs are done in front of the customers so this helps passing on the information to which ever tech takes care of the customer so that the customer does not need to explain over and over. Great using.

Cons

I cannot say I have any complaints to give.

Response from RepairDesk

Hi Norma,

Thank you for your amazing review of our software! We're always hard at work to bring the best experience to our customers, and are constantly tweaking RepairDesk to serve you better.

We've got a lot more improvements to our core systems planned for this year, so if there's anything you'd like to see, you can always contact our support team for it.

Thanks again for your patronage.

Ryan L.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great decision for our business

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

We’ve been using it for approximately 3 weeks now. It was a wise decision making the switch.

Pros

The ability to track tickets, inventory management, and reporting.

Cons

Nothing that I have come across yet. I really value all the features.

Response from RepairDesk

Hey Ryan,

Thanks so much for a great review! We're really glad to know that just 3 weeks in, RepairDesk has captured your heart. We've worked long and hard to make sure our system is perfect for our customers.

Our team is always coming out with new features and improvements, and if there's anything you'd like to see, you can always get in touch with our support team. We'd love to hear how we can make the system even better for you.

Modesto O.

Very Dedicated Staff and Easy to use software

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

To support team,
just wanted to take some time to thank you for all your hard work and dedication , we are extremely grateful and happy to have you as our dedicated account manager and me personally i know is not easy working middle of the night i did it for many years, we appreciate everything you've done for us i know these couple of months haven't been easy but we are getting closer to stability and then we can focus solely on growth and features and making everyones's life better and easier

Pros

All the features it currently has and the more features it will have in the future, the time saving the software provides repairs shops making tasks that took 1 to 2 hours to complete to be done in minutes, the more time you save and the more automated features the more your team can concentrate on providing better customer service

Cons

There's no cons to speak about, softwares will always be softwares and have their little things here and there, but nothing that cant be fixed or improved

Response from RepairDesk

Modesto, you are absolutely incredible! Thank you for your kind words & strong vote of confidence. Our support team is really grateful for your understanding, and the entire RepairDesk team is pleased to have given you a great experience with our software. We're excited to continue fostering a healthy relationship with you as we move into the future.

Joseph G.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

RepairDesk is the best software for any cellphone repair shop

Reviewed on 14/02/2019

Repairdesk has been growing at an extreamly fast pace, after trying many other companies they are the only software company that are serious about there customers, with constant improvements and bug fixes

Pros

With the ability to provide portal access to larger customers (B2B),
Online booking widget for our website,
integrations to payment and invoicing systems and the ability to use the API provides unlimited possibilities

Cons

We don't have any complaints however it would be awesome if there was a little more functionality for larger customers such as.
if we had the ability to group multiple invoices for multiple repairs with larger customers,
Provide an automatic completion date for tickets (Ticket Closed Date)
And receive notifications when a customer comments on a ticket via the portal with there user name

Response from RepairDesk

Hi Joseph,

Thank you so much for your amazing review. We're very happy to learn that RepairDesk has been a great experience for you so far. Our team strongly believes in providing as much value to our customers as possible, and we're always working to bring the sort of improvements you'd love to see to our system. If there's anything you'd like to see added, you can always get in touch with our support team and they would be happy to take your request.

Thanks for being awesome!

Nephi H.

Review from New Zealand

Reviewed on 7/08/2018

It was great, with personal communication from the owner. Help is fast when needed. Chose it over competitors due to features and developments taken from our suggestions. Client base has obviously got bigger since we joined for well deserved reasons, so we see other developments obviously taken from other clients which shows that the developer has high interest in keeping all clients happy! Good facebook group for clients too. Sharing of useful and humorous information.

Pros

POS with a good booking in system for repairs. Flexible with ability to personalise many departments of the software.

Cons

Speed can be slow, not the best for busy periods. We have fibre.

Response from RepairDesk

Thank you Nephi for being an awesome customer & for your valuable feedback.

Joshua W.

Review from iScreenFix

Reviewed on 11/09/2020

Overall experience with Repair Desk is good. We look forward to learning more about the software and hope that our workers will learn it as quickly as the managers.

Pros

Repair Desk is a comprehensive piece of software, perfect for small electronics repair shops. Includes POS system, customer database, inventory management, analytics and more.

Cons

There is a significant learning curve while mastering this product. Some things are easy and intuitive, however, more difficult functions require training before using Repair Desk.

Also, it was difficult for my company to integrate with more than one supplier. We figured out a good work around, but not easy.

Response from RepairDesk

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for the great review! We're really glad that RepairDesk was able to give your shop everything it needs to run at its best. The software may seem complex at first, but it's actually fairly intuitive and structured for convenience. We're really hoping your staff comes to love it just as much as you do. If there's anything you need assistance with, our support team is always ready to answer your queries.

Deborah L.

Best POS Service for Repairs

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

I have been a RepairDesk customer for over 2 years. I used other service providers previously but RepairDesk outperforms them all. Its easy to use, tracks customer and inventory efficiently, manages transactions and reports effectively and the customer service team is ready and able to assist with your problems and needs. I highly recommend RepairDesk.

Pros

Structure, customer and inventory tracking, integration with other apps and services, reports and ease of use

Cons

some features on the app is not available with android devices

Response from RepairDesk

Hi Deborah,

Thank you so much for a great review! We're really glad to learn that RepairDesk has been able to satisfy your needs and that you highly recommend it.

We're always working towards improving our software to provide the best experience to our customers, and it's great to learn that our efforts have had a positive impact on you and your business. Thank you for putting your faith in RepairDesk. You're awesome!

Michael E.

Brilliant Software

Reviewed on 4/08/2016

Very nice software to use. We use it in my repair shop.
Very handy for keeping track of almost everything.
Constantly adding new features and perks.
When they have time - they listen to customers input and impliment features requested by the common majority.
There is a great support forum for issues, FAQ and requests for changes to the software.
In short... brilliant software!

Pros

Ease of use at POS
Being able to track all repairs in store easily
Constant improvements
Website widgets for tracking repairs and instant quotes

Cons

Not everything is absolutely perfect - mostly cosmetic. (Eg. Spelling errors, layout, etc)
POS has no customer rewards programs or support for us to add our own
No android app available
Monthly fee is a little high in Australian Dollars but is still worth it

Response from RepairDesk

Thank you for being an awesome customer Michael & for your valuable feedback.

We have marked your suggestion & will work on it soon.

Bryan H.

Supercharging our workflow

Reviewed on 14/01/2020

So after a month or so of testing and migrating data from our old system that we have been using for 5 years we went live yesterday with RD.

We had a couple of issue’s which are more user issue’s than RD issue’s and have some things we need to adapt for our work flow.

The RD team I have to say have been amazing putting up and listening to my enquires and suggestions, and giving me support at all times of the day. you all know who you are.

We have two CFD in use, and various integrations that have given our workflow a huge boost and look forward to all the future developments of RD..

Now we have made the change I Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend RD and the team.

Look forward to working with the community and developers.

Pros

The Support from the team and the integrations

Cons

Nothing, any issue we have found the team have helped us address

Response from RepairDesk

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the awesome review! We're really glad to learn that RepairDesk gets a solid recommendation from you. Our team is hard at work to make RepairDesk even better for your business, and we're always here to help you out with whatever you need. Looking forward to working with you as well!

Jon L.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Only software to fullfill our needs.

Reviewed on 1/08/2018

We run a repairshop specific to motherboard repairs, so all of our customers are business customers, often repairshops. This made our demand a little different from regular repairshops. RepairDesk was the only software to fulfill these needs and at the time of starting our relationship with them, the customer support promised that a customer portal was on the way, so we could give our big customers a login to create their own tickets before they send. As promised, this function is now available and amazing. This is, as far as we know, only offered by RepairDesk. They provide good support when we have issues or questions, and if we point out a error, it is fixed within a short amount of time. Overall good experience.

Pros

RepairDesk is somewhat customizable and easy to adapt to your specific needs. Also, good and honest customer support. Reasonable price.

Cons

Ocassional technical issues, breakdowns etc. No possibility to customize intake form, for example limit it to one device per ticket.

Response from RepairDesk

Thank you Jon for your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you are having a good experience with RepairDesk. providing excellent features, a smooth experience, and reliable customer support is our main priority!

Regards,