Workamajig

Project & workflow management for the creative industry

3.7 /5 (279 reviews) Write a Review!
3.7
3.6
3.7
3.3
3.9
Rachel D.

14+ years using WMJ

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

From dealing with customer service to upgrades to the software over the years the overall experience has been exceptional. I work on the Finance side but whats wonderful that it doesn't matter which piece of the software you go in to, the layout and functionalities throughout are consistent. In a small office under 20 sometimes people only touch parts of the software or their roles cross, the customization that WMJ offers to be able to handle the crossover in security and viewing ability makes this feasible.

Being able to leverage the ability to look at financials by client/campaign/project and then report on efficiency and profitability is important to our management​ team.

Pros

The ability to integrate our CRM, time tracking, project management​, and accounting to leverage the ability to look at our leading and lagging KPIs to be profitable.

Cons

The variety of offering the software can do is massive. Deciding in our office whats a priority to run as efficiently as possible can be challenging. For example, there is WIP in the software but because of our size its the right fit for us.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for taking the time to review Workamajig. It's great to hear from someone who's been with us for so long, benefitting from the very features we've spent years developing!

As always, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any questions, comments or suggestions.

Gwen S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Love our Jiggy (Our nickname for Workamajig)

Reviewed on 24/03/2020

The support team is fantastic. We keep in regular contact (a year after we rolled out the software) to make sure we are using it to the fullest potential

Pros

We did a full search to replace our PM tool and our selection team felt the UI for Workamajig was the most streamlined and easy to use for a full featured PM tool. Time tracking is simple and straight forward and the UI is mostly consistent

Cons

There are a few weird things like starting a discussion on a project task and some of the resource planning is a little cumbersome

Lauren K.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

User friendly and used agency-wide

Reviewed on 8/09/2020

We mostly use this system for job numbers, budgets and estimating/invoicing. It performs best for us in those key areas.

Pros

Its user friendly for budgets, teams and schedules. The dashboard allows you to see how things are tracking to budget and if you are in the green or red of projects. Only downside to this is it requires that people do their timesheets on time. :)

Cons

Really time consuming to estimate hours, assign staff and create timelines in this system. In the world of advertising, things change, so I'm hoping WMG rolls out a system to make scheduling more efficient so it's less time consuming.

Dan C.
Industry: Broadcast Media

A dense, useful, but often unituitive task management platform

Reviewed on 13/01/2020

As an end-user, Workamajig was helpful once I overcame the long process of learning the system. The system worked for a long time in helping manage complex tasks, budgets, etc, but we ultimately are transition for something more MEDIA friendly.

Pros

In the complex world of task management for video production, Workamajig fielded many of the needs we threw at it, to varying degrees of success.
Fairly customizable, with a ability to create custom and interdependent forms
When they upgraded to Platinum a few years ago (from Classic) the interface improved its usability.
Notifications settings were easy, and program didn't default to an overwhelming amount of email.

Cons

A fairly steep learning curve.
The interface is very text heavy.
Tracking the progress of tasks was often difficult, without intuitive features like status bars, etc.
No simple and effective way (in our video environment) to store and display media, generate proofs, etc.
Search functions didn't live update, making navigating backlogs more cumbersome.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great integration tool for finance tracking and project management

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

I had an introductory training session with another employee before diving into Workamajig, however the program is self-explanatory enough to navigate without having to ask too many questions. I thought it was very handy to have timelines, budget, and timetracking integrated within one program to make overall tracking a lot easier for all involved parties.

Pros

As a project manager, I used Workamjig often throughout the day, mainly to check cost-to-date statuses, create budgets/estimates, and adjust timelines. Our company also used it for timesheet purposes. I definitely liked the fact that you could integrate the time-tracking with project details, since that made cross checking the team's hours a lot more efficient (at a previous company, we used Workamajig to create budgets but actual timesheets were filled out using Excel, so there was no integration whatsoever). I found the platform relatively straightforward to work with, and found it easy to pull financials and other assets.

Cons

One of my main gripes is - since the timesheet hours were directly correlated with a specific task on a project timelines (ex. the Creative Director could put 2 hours toward the task "Creative Ideation" - if a team member filled out their timesheet for a specific task on 06/23, the project milestone would automatically have a 6/23 end date attached to it, so had the potential of accidentally pushing the entire timeline forward (or backward). Every time I checked Workamajig to reference timing for a project, I had to make sure that the anticipated dates were actually correct, and hadn't been affected by someone submitting their timesheet. We had flagged this with the Workamajig several times, but were told there was not any workaround. Additionally, I found that there was often downtime when trying to pull up a report/add in time/etc. Even with high speed internet, pages had the tendency to load relatively slowly, which was an extreme annoyance especially when in a time crunch.

Ryan G.

Worka-meh-jig

Reviewed on 10/08/2018

I try to use it as little as possible. From an interface that makes me pray that future generations never see it, for fear of embarrassment, to a completely average list of features, most of which are completely useless to me, I find workamajig is best and perhaps only suited as a time entry and billing platform. Strip it of all the bloated nonsense and I think you have a much better product.

Pros

Budget tracking. Time management. That it can serve as a single source for the entire length of a project, making it easy to track progress over time and locating assets from as far back as the beginning.

Cons

The clunky interface. The difficulty of navigation. That anyone can look at any diary post, regardless of whether they are on the job or not. That you can't download all attachments at once. That it still runs in Flash despite Flash being the industry standard from 10 years ago.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Workamajig has released our Platinum interface, which is HTML5 based and we have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

Our training team is also happy to aide our clients in the transition from Flash to Platinum with complimentary training on the new interface.

Our team is waiting to assist at [email protected]

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Ginger M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Still new, but so far so good.

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

It works great for what we use it for now, I've never worked with customer service yet or had an opportunity to explore the full features, but for hours tracking, project management and budget, it works well and does all we need!

Pros

Workamajig is quickly being spread across our entire company to be used for budget tracking. project management, and to do lists. The budget tracking and project management is the easiest portion we use right now. It's easy to start a timer on a task, track my team's hours and ensure they are putting the proper work into our projects.

Cons

It's a little clunky, the interface is big and complicated. A lot of buttons and access points that makes the whole tool seem overwhelming.

So-So Agency Software

Reviewed on 19/03/2020

It's ... fine. Agency software leaves something to be desired in general. The Mondays of the world don't offer a ton of high-end functionality, and database-backed software like Workamajig seem to be inherently tough to use. If you can live with a Monday or a Basecamp, stay there. If you need something big but can't afford an Oracle or SAP, Workamajig is a fair option.

Pros

It's better than a lot of project management tools we've used in the past. Assuming you're a super-user and have clean data, it's possible to schedule work well ahead of time.

Cons

The UI is beyond unintuitive. Logging time is exceptionally difficult; it requires filling out 4-5 fields, each of which must be clicked individually. Finding tasks is very tough unless you know the exact wording used to put them into the system. Reporting is sub-par.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Abby L.

Workamajig Review by Daily User

Reviewed on 17/09/2020

We have had some issues with sales tax setup that we continue to work with Workamajig to address.

Pros

It's a robust software that allows for both accounting, project management and collaboration. We like that we can access it from any device.

Cons

We have had some issues come up and when our team has contacted support, we have not gotten the answers we needed. This has become a source of frustration.

Works, But No Cigar.

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

It work as a good way tho assigning tasks and designate jobs to people but it's a great way to communicate and needs improvement as far as its interface and layout.

Pros

Perform well and is functionally adequate for the needs of the company. A definite improvement from previous interfaces if you have been using this platform before and are thinking about returning.

Cons

Still far too many layer and too much complexity. To access a file thats been uploaded required sometimes digging through the not very intuitive file system.

Shelley (.

Great Project Management & CRM Software for Mid-Sized Agencies

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Overall I really like this software and would highly recommend it to any small to mid-sized agency that needs help to organize their project flow, tracking, client and vendor communications/task tracking/follow up and A/R or A/P.

Pros

Workamajig helps our brand management agency track all necessary project information in one central location. Everything can be documented, from tasks to meetings, time entry, creative briefs, project proofs, PO's and invoicing. It is fairly easy to use. Also it is great for looking up projects from the past and creating new dockets based on the structure of past projects.

Because Workamajig is web-based it provides a very user-friendly interface for team members no matter where they are located.

Project home pages can be customized by each user, so they can show or hide a dashboard that features what is most important to them based on their role or how they work. Access rights and privileges are easy to assign as well.

Cons

It can take a while for new users to get used to where everything is accessed as far as entry points for critical information or reports that you can pull. The user interface can be a bit confusing for project income forecasting - for example having to open more than one area of the project to enter Accounting information and billing dates, as well as checking off - "Include in Forecast" at the estimate stage. There are also many ways to achieve the same goal but it can be more confusing than helpful for some - I think there could be some simplification of steps needed for setting up things like project sales forecasts.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Shelly,

Thank you for sharing!
I'm glad to hear that your team is gaining value from having everything detailed in Workamajig.

I'd like to do what I can to make your experience even better. We do have different options available for revenue forecasting, as flexibility is necessary to cover the various needs in this area. Ex: fixed fee vs. time and materials, and the ability to create different versions of estimates on a single project, and decide which should be a part of the revenue forecast.

We'd love to hear your thoughts on how we can simplify this, while providing the same flexibility - please let us know at [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you :)

Bill W.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

A valuable tool that helps keep track of project schedules and milestones geared to creatives.

Reviewed on 15/01/2018

an overview of projects and their due dates organized by tasks.

Pros

No longer in flash, it is an elegant design that is easy to read. The customer support is good. They work with you and often bugs are fixed. Projects are clearly sorted by deadline.

Cons

It's great for simple deadlines, but It doesn't have any tools to sort out congested schedules. e.g. what software can stop someone from being booked 84 hours in a single work day.

It's very manual. updating projects can be time consuming and human error with the interface has lead to scheduling errors. It's not very compatible with other common office programs (e.g. can't get it to sync for meetings in outlook and we don't want to use jig for all our meetings). This means we only use a small portion of the software relating to project schedules and budget.

Hard to establish priorities.

Some information is hard to find with their interface. (e.g. several clicks to find the task number required to enter your time if you are entering a task that you weren't assigned)

Response from Workamajig

Hi Bill,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig; the areas that work well and the one's we can improve upon. We do have solutions to the specific concerns you mentioned, but I don't want to get too granular on this thread. I've asked our support team to reach out to you directly.

As always, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any questions - we're here to help!

Brandon C.

I've used it across two different agencies for the past 8 years

Reviewed on 9/01/2018

Pros

When setup properly on the front end it can do a great job exporting status reports for our team, which is a task that would mean someone manually updating a spreadsheet if we didn't have workamajig.

Cons

It's project management input functions (diaries) are too linear. Wkmjg works great for simple jobs like print ads and radio scripts but when it comes to projects with a lot of parrallel tasks, moving at the same time, it doesn't compare to products like Basecamp. For instance, I could never use wkmjg to build a website (or any complex digital pieces) where I need to set deadlines for multiple disciplines and keep their resources and conversation separate from one another. For example, my designer shouldn't have to wade through a ton of diary posts between the QA team to find my last post to him. I also think the accounting side of wkmjg is something that was designed a long time ago and has just been gradually tacked on and added to and it's in need of a audit and complete redesign to make it more user firendly for both agency accountants and the project managers reviewing billing worksheets on the other end.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as it helps us improve our product and user experience. Our team is happy to review issues and help streamline processes at [email protected]

Terri D.

Workamajig

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Overall, my experience with Workamajig has been great. If there is something that I feel would make my life easier, they send it to the engineers who review, and add to the next update. If I have special reports that I need, but cannot figure out on my own, they create them for me. They have helped walk me step by step through the process from day one, and have made many updates and improvements to the software along the way that has been beneficial.

Pros

Workamajig is easy to set up, easy to use, and easy to train new employees. You can jump in using everything or ease in using different applications. The training staff is great at answering questions, and they are very helpful in getting set up, and walking you through various changes as your business changes and grows.

Cons

We chose to use our own server, instead of being on the Workamajig server. I would recommend that you be on the Workamajig server, as they make certain that updates are completed in a timely manner, and in the long run will make your life easier. This is not really something that I dislike about the software, but a recommendation that I would make to someone thinking about purchasing.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Terri,

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. I'm happy to hear that your team is gaining value from Workamajig and that you found it easy to set up!

As always, our team is here to help at [email protected]

Allison W.
Industry: Education Management

As a Workamajig Admin I am extremely impressed with it's ability to help manage projects.

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Workamajig is a fantastic solution for a Marketing Project Management tool. It allows the Project Manager and subsequent teams to manage projects with ease while also interacting with billing, time tracking, and overall profitability analysis.

Pros

I love Workamajig's User Interface. After using various Project Management softwares in my day, Workamajig Platinum User Interface is easy to navigate and has an extremely successful adaptation for users. I also love the ability to customize workflows, add in additional deliverables based on the approval cycle, and communicate with other team members within the system.

Cons

While building out the workflows within Workamajig we had quite a few 'workamarounds' that we had to come up with in order for the system to meet our needs. An example is: I wanted an email to fire when a task was assigned, which was possible on all tasks, but the first one. One of our workamarounds for that was to have the first task be assigned to the PM and was titled "Close this Task" so that the next task would fire an email to the appropriate team member. That's just an example of some of the workamarounds we had to come up with. The Deliverables were also very difficult for us to monitor the status of.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Allison,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback as it will help us continue to improve our user experience. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance at [email protected]

Industry: Retail
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Workamajig is an excellent project management tool plus more!

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

I can't get into specifics on how our company uses Workamajig due to confidentiality reasons, but I will say the Workamajig team whether it is the leadership, support or engineering team is definitely a Class A organization. They put forth the time and effort to support their customers which is priceless in todays environment!

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of use for the admin functionality. When the business comes for updates, its easy to come up with a solve and address their business needs.

We have expanded Workamajig use in so many facets of the business. Due to this and the automation that can be set up with other applications we are taking efficiency to the next level.

Cons

Teaching the business was a little bit of a struggle since there are so many ways to get to what they are looking for. Although listing this as a con, it can be taken as a positive also. People think and operate in different ways! URL's can also be supplied and set as a bookmark to help users out.

Response from Workamajig

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to review our product.
I'm so happy to hear that you're team is gaining value from Workamajig!

If there's anything we can do to make your experience ever better, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] :)

Dan H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

It'll do what you need it to do.

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

We used two separate systems for accounting and project workflow, this was one of the few that pulled them together in a more native manner. If you want workflow software, there are many out there that are FAR better than this solution, and the same can be said for accounting software. But until Quickbooks-like solution or Basecamp-like products natively integrate, this is probably the next best thing.

Pros

One of the few solutions that connects time tracking, project management, fairly sophisticated accounting and billing, media contracts, utilization reporting, and more.

Cons

Its not intuitive. The products ease-of-use has improved with the latest version, Platinum, but its still not as intuitive as most main stream software. Users/managers of the product need some pretty specific knowledge of the software to get the most out of it.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Dan,

We are happy to provide training on the new Platinum interface as well as review current processes for streamlining options. We also have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

I will have you account manager follow-up.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Long time user

Reviewed on 16/08/2018

This is the third agency I've used Jig at. Every place has it set up different but the pain points I mentioned above are consistent at each place. I haven't seen the platform evolve much over time, I can't believe there isn't a calendar integration yet or a mobile app.

Pros

Timesheet capabilities. I don't use it for much else at this point, I use Outlook Tasks to keep track of what you call "my activities".

Cons

No integration with Outlook or Google Calendar. The search function doesn't seem fully developed, doens't always populate the things we are looking for. Requires a lot of refreshing. No mobile app. There is not a great personal task option, not everything I need to complete needs to be on an activity.

Response from Workamajig

We appreciate your honest feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product. There are available solutions to the specific issues mentioned and we'd love to help you resolve them, but don't want to get too granular on this thread.

Included is a link to our help guide about calendar sync options with Google/Exchange:

Also, we are happy to provide training on our Platinum interface and how to use the phone browser for time entry and calendar functions. Our team is waiting at [email protected] to help you.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great for timesheets, but steep learning curve

Reviewed on 9/11/2018

Pros

Easy to track and change time for projects.

Cons

Not very user-friendly. There is a somewhat steep learning curve just to figure out how to locate projects and track time. Icons are small, unclear, and don't relate at all to the actions they represent.

I also have problems attaching documents to diary notes at times. It seems like special characters (even dashes) set these problems off, but I'm not entirely sure because Workamajig doesn't always give me a clear diagnosis.

Response from Workamajig

Hi there,

Thank you for your review of Workamajig.

If your project manager assigns a task to you, it will default in your projects and tasks and you would simply need to enter your hours. There are also a few other options for tracking time, and we'd be happy to review this with you.

Feel free to reach out at any time at [email protected] We're here to help!

Industry: Textiles
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Extremely clunky

Reviewed on 6/12/2018

If you are looking for a project management tool I would strongly recommend looking elsewhere!

Pros

Workamajig has all of the core features you'd want in any project management tool. The implementation of those features on the other hand....

Cons

The user interface is downright terrible. It is clunky, it doesn't refresh when it is supposed to and the load times are extremely laggy. The software is also extremely buggy. I have had many instances where I have definitely entered data only to go back and find that what I entered was missing. It's hard to do anything with confidence when there are this many bugs!

Response from Workamajig

Hi there,

Thank you for your candid review of our product, as it helps us to continue to improv.

Have you had an opportunity to check out the all new Workamajig Platinum Interface?
We've completely rebuilt the product to be more responsive, intuitive and easier to navigate.
There's no added costs for platinum and you can check it out at any time by simply adding /platinum to the end of your login url.
We've also set up walk-throughs to help you navigate the new interface and can offer free training on the new apps.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions at [email protected] - we're here to help!

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Jennifer S.

We selected this tool to streamline our agency functions, increasing efficiency and productivity.

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Pros

Project management software tool specific to the advertising agency structure and workflow. Integration of all the necessary parts from beginning (new client, new project) to end (billing).
Monthly updates. They listen to users' feedback and make updates in response.

Cons

Initial setup took a full year. It was a big process and should have been accomplished quicker. Availability of trainers and time allowed were limited. There is some limitation to customization but it seems to be improving.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for sharing your experience as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product and implementation process.

As you mentioned, Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems; Project Management, Time Tracking/Resource Management, CRM, Accounting, etc. To ensure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming in the beginning, but is meant to streamline processes moving forward.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and please let us know if there are any enhancements that would improve user experience at [email protected]

Jessica H.

Great if set up right - Platinum needs help

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

As a project manager it's been very useful in keeping project information all in one place. I've worked at another ad agency who didn't chose to have Workamajig help custom tailor the system to them and it failed miserably. That's not the case here and it works well.

Pros

It's easy to navigate and find what you're looking for.

Cons

It's unfortunate that you've decided to stop updating Classic Workamajig. Platinum has some great features, but because it's a responsive site (as it changes size), it's difficult for me to work with on my computer. I can't have two windows open side by side, Workamajig Platinum and another window (which I'm using to enter information from into Workamajig). If I have them side by side, I can't see the information needed in Jig, and Jig continually tries to resize itself and resubmit information via reloading the page when the window is resized. I never had this problem in Classic. Please fix this!

Response from Workamajig

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig as we are constantly working to better our user experience. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions at [email protected]

Megan Ivan

Keagan C.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications

My Company is New to Workamajig Platinum

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Pros

As a millennial with pretty decent technology navigation skills / understanding how to quickly and efficiently learn program to my needs, Workamajig is pretty user friendly. I am aware there are lots of paths of the program that I don't use, but those that I do are relatively easy to maneuver.

Cons

I don't think older generations have an easy time learning the program, then causing understanding problems within our company. Unless they are tech geniuses basically, I don't think this is a program that could just be inserted into a company without having knowledge/understanding gaps.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Keagan,

Thanks for taking the time to review our product! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy using Workamajig and are having an easy time of it.

I'd love to understand a bit more which knowledge gaps you are referring to. We do offer personalized training and have built in walk-throughs that cover all the basic workflows.

We are always looking to improve and I've asked our support team to follow up regarding the knowledge gaps you mentioned.

As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions at [email protected]

Kristen G.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Workamajig is fine until we find something better

Reviewed on 5/11/2018

You need to make sure you have a trainer who understands the software. We have not in the past and it's incredibly frustrating to have a training session with someone who is guessing their way around the software ... again, this shows how the program is NOT user friendly.

Pros

I like being able to track projects within the software and the diary/conversation portion of the project to see where things were left if a project becomes stagnant.

Cons

The software is not user friendly ... especially the Platinum version. It makes it too confusing and Platinum can't do everything Classic can. I feel Workamajig makes tracking harder than what it should be.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for your honest feedback as we are continually working to improve our user experience.

We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

Our client satisfaction team is here to insure you are getting the most from the training sessions by checking-in after each session and periodically thru the year. They are happy to address any concerns at [email protected]

One of the only ways to gain a 360 degree view of your business

Reviewed on 2/11/2018

We have used Workamajig for over a decade. We first used it for its time management and project management functions, but then we transferred our accounting onto Workamajig and now have a complete dashboard for our business.

Pros

Workamajig is a fully integrated agency management, which means that you can see a direct connection between projects, resources, time, money and profit.

Cons

The CRM/sales component and the vendor management components of the software are its least powerful options. Also, the fact that data are kept in silos means we can't find correlations as deeply as we wanted, but this is mitigated by the fact that there are plenty of excellent and powerful reports and reporting options.

Response from Workamajig

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As you mentioned, WMJ was designed to be an enterprise solution for the creative communications industry; we are happy to hear your firm is utilizing the full system and WMJ is delivering value to your business!

We are continually working to improve our user experience and would appreciate additional details on how we could improve our CRM module. Our support team is happy submit enhancement ideas at [email protected]