4.4
4.4
Kudakwashe N.

Digital world and privacy

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

With AES-256 level encryption you can be granted a peace of mind a sense your secure connection away from hackers and government agency's.

Pros

When comes to privacy they is a lot of VPN clients that will promise you the world in terms of encryption and data security. Its not easy to choose which one is the best vpn client but NordVPN is one of the top clients one can choose due to the fact that its much cheaper than most software on the market compared against to the features it comes with. What i really love the most its support of online media streaming services and you can easy also configure it on most mobile devices running iOS and Android but the no brainer when choosing NordVPN will be the ability to have at least 6 simultaneous connection hence increasing the speed drastically.

Cons

NordVPN offers better discounts when you signup to a long term like for example 75% discount when you sin up for 3 years in advance, this can be bit tricky to some people because they wont want to commit to such a long period since the digital world is constantly changing. A vpn client that might be working today might end up not useful tomorrow.

Hayden C.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Nord VPN: the MVP of VPNs

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Pros

The pricing plans are a big draw with this product, you choose how long you want to commit, and the pricing for each plan is more than worth the quality of the product and service received. Also the support is top of the line, offering constant live chat and a ticketing system, that is eager to help, expedient, and professional. The breadth of servers to choose from is another major draw, and the ones I've tested, for things such as streaming Netflix from foreign countries, is surprisingly fast compared to NordVPN's colleagues, and especially free VPNs or even the VPN offered with quality virus protector's like Norton, which I has reviewed positively as well. Part of that is it's quick connect feature, which finds and connects you to the server with the fastest speeds available. But the long distance speeds are impressive at well, I've even heard of people's downloading speed INCREASING when connecting to far away countries. NordVPN...It is truly all it is chalked up to be.

Cons

This is a product, one of those rare of it's ilk, that in comparison to it's colleague products I cannot find faults. It did everything I wanted it to in spades, and then some. It excels in every department and was development with the tenderest of care. Place trust in it's unanimous praise, and if you do experience issues, know that they will be there to quickly offer assistance any time of the day. Granted, I'm saying all this but am currently running a free trial, however I am very likely to be purchasing a long-term plan, and encourage you to do the same.

Rob W.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

Nice product but very poor customer support and no/bad connections

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

Privacy and security was an issue I tried to solve. Problems with updating, slow or no internet connection and poor customer service made me look for a different solution.

Pros

The benefits of this product are more privacy on the internet, the ability to block ads and the ability to use together with Netflix.

Cons

There are two definitive drawbacks:
- Very poor customer support: they do not read e-mail, provide standard replies and generally give the impression they do not care about customers
- Poor connection: more then once a day I do not have an internet connection when using the app on the phone or the laptop. Changing nothing but turn off the VPN created by NordVPN always solves the problem. This problem makes the software almost unusable en certainly unreliable.

The other problem is that it is not compatible with all versions of Windows 10. I contacted support for this but they could not soklve the issue and could not care less.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Damon G.
Industry: Financial Services

Great VPN

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

It is fast and reliable and responsibly priced. I like it so much that I have purchased a six year extension to my existing contract.

Pros

I travel all over the world and need to work with client data from public WIFIs. I have tried a few free VPNs, but they were all too slow. Nord has servers in many countries and is fast. In the last two years, they added even faster connections with Nord Lynx. From time to time, I read technical reviews and haven't seen anything negative about Nord spying or selling your data. This VPN is really fast and easy to use. I have it on my chrome browser, on my laptop, and on my android phone.

Cons

The only thing I have had trouble with is that it logs you out a lot after periods of not using it. It isn't much of a hassle to reenter your credentials to be able to use it again.

Oğuz T.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

BEST VPN

Reviewed on 15/04/2020

To summarize it's a great VPN program. Prices of it are very cheap and affordable. Even if your country blocked vpn providers NordVPN gives you a freedom with special IP's for restricted countries. I recommend it to everyone.

Pros

First of all NordVPN has a lot of servers from all over the world. It has different types of servers like P2P, Obfuscated and Double VPN. I think the best feature of is double vpn because it's even more secure when you connect over two different countries.

Cons

Every time you close the app it sign outs automatically and you have to re-login every time when you enter the program. And it takes time. I think it should be fixed.

Sean L.

So far the best

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

I have tried many VPN services and this one is the best value for the price, especially if you find a sale and the number of servers just can't be beaten.

Pros

I like that they have the absolute most (that I know of) servers worldwide available for you to use. There's usually a sale out there somewhere for a really good price. I have never noticed a slow down in browsing speeds. Working for a completely remote company where I'm in charge of my own internet security, this gives me peace of mind that things are safe.

Cons

There's nothing about the product I like least. The options are second to none and when in doubt, support is there to help. SO FAR so good.

Nathaniel C.
Industry: E-Learning

The BEST fast and easy VPN

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Support has been great, the only issue I had was with a stuck payment and price change, which they sorted and matched to the original pricing offer. No other general problems other than that.

Pros

The setup and ease of use on this VPN is amazing. I was previously a user, many moons ago, ha! They have stepped up tremendously since the days of old, so much that even my children and elder people know the importance of a VPN and how to use this software.

Cons

Should have more in the way of advanced tutorials to help les literate people learn more about their online security and how to set up for optimum results. Other than that, it's the perfect quick, easy and affordable VPN.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

NordVPN makes you feel safer when you travel

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

I was using ExpressVPN and while it's good and easy to use, it's a little more expensive than other options. NordVPN was offering a very attractive 3-year deal, so I switched. It has been a pretty smooth transition - as a Mac user I first had to decide between NordVPN or OpenVPN (the decision is based in part by the version of Mac OS you are using or which runs on your computer better). Then you have to decide between UDP, TCP or IKEv2. After performing speed tests for all the configurations, UDP was by far the best performer (slowed the computer down the least). I have run into problems on some secured wifi networks where the network just won't load content if you are running VPN software, but other than that, all has been fine. It plays well with Sophos antivirus software.

Pros

Price was excellent. Easy to install and set up. The "out of the box" set up was simple and the software can be up and running quickly.

Cons

Can be a little tricky figuring out best connections and more advanced configurations. Had to refer to online help to get things straightened out.

Mir fida N.
Company size: Self Employed

Best value for money to get various features of a VPN

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 30/07/2020

For a budget limited startup, small business or self employment it is a superb option to consider for VPN needs. Its multi platform access and unblocking video streaming makes it useful for personal usage as well.Security and privacy are up to standard to use for transferring and/or receiving confidential and private data over NordVPN. Overall it fulfill small business requirements efficiently and effectively as well as personal needs.

Pros

First thing is the affordable price with a easy to use and configure for small to medium level usage. It provides a suitable speed for accessing various sites and web apps along with secure connection. Data privacy over the NordVPN is becoming better.Specially using kill switch feature that prevents the private data from leaking out of the secure Data tunnel of NordVPN in the case that secure connection fails to establish unexpectedly.

Cons

First of all its connection speed could be increased as compared to competitors.Other improvement would be to have Split Tunneling feature support which is much required now-a-days for data security.

Dimitar U.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A reliable solution

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

I spent a large portion of my day online and NordVPN is what I use to keep my data private .

Pros

The subscription plan is very reasonable . 5$ a month is nothing for ensuring your online security . The program is easy to install an to incorporate into your browser . It has an abundance of IPs to select from the the speed is usually quick .Surprisingly good for watching videos and streaming .

Cons

There is a discrepancy between the connection speed of various IPs ,depending on the location . This can be frustrating on sites where there are regional restrictions and you would like to / need to visit them .

Mark G.
Industry: Graphic Design

NordVPN user for 3+ Years both Professionally and Personally

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

Now having used NordVPN for the last 3+ years I can honestly say that we are very happy with our purchase and will continue to use NordVPN in the future. The ease-of-use has improved over the years and made using this VPN pretty quick and convenient. An added bonus over the years has been their increase of servers in countries which has helped us interact much easier with our clients.

Finally on the home front, my wife and children use NordVPN on a daily basis and having become quite proficient with it. Actually have a few neighbors using it too. My wife who is not particularly computer savvy is completely happy using Nord every day while she is on the Internet. One of the reasons I am writing this has to do with the fact that our subscription to Norton renews in June and we were just having a discussion about the VPN last week as I asked if she wanted me to look at other options. Both she and my children agree we should continue using Norton for our home VPN service

Pros

Our company has been using NordVPN going on four years now. I also have been using NordVPN for my personal use at home. Prior to using Nord we had used two or three other VPNs at our company over the years with varying degrees of success.

Before we decided on NordVPN four years ago we actually tested four different VPNs at the same time for 30 days before deciding on Nord. I don’t remember all of the reasons for picking Nord but all four VPNs stated they offered nearly the same features and functionality. I do remember how consistent NordVPN’s speeds were between servers. Also their customer support was crucial in getting our business.

Our company has high bandwidth usage on a daily basis and we have had very few problems with our VPN. As Nord has incorporated new features into their platform we have had almost seamless transitions with the product.

Cons

As far as customer service goes I would like to say that we had some customer service blips in 2018 due to new employees on our part but these were quickly addressed and resolved and customer service has been great since then.

Fred Y.
Industry: Construction

Simple, Effective & Private

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

My experience with NORD extends over several years. This software provides my business the ability to perform online purchases and sensitive financial transactions with little concern of compromise

Pros

This software has about everything a legitimate user could ask for:

1) Optimized Connections = Super Fast Internet Speed, not like other VPN's that will turtle-step you thru your online activity
2) Automatic Connection to the server/country/region you choose
3) Automatic Internet Cut-off if you lose the secure connection
4) An enhanced Cyber Security feature for online security
5) Options for routing thru multiple servers for enhanced obfuscation
6) You can hide your IP on a LAN, making your system invisible (careful this will shut down wireless printing as your system will not be recognized by the printer)
7) Tons of locations/countries/servers to choose from
8) A Panama based company outside the direct control of the US despite it being a territory of the US so records and harder to get.
9) Their servers only operate on RAM meaning there is no information of your online activity being stored.
10) Support is quick to respond when needed
10) Best Value on the market
11) Designate/Customize your own DNS
12) AND for those in Restricted locations- Yes NORD will get you thru on Obfuscated Servers

I have used other VPN's including (never recommend) free ones. NordVPN has the simplest VPN Software Dashboard (GUI) to use, requiring little to no expertise at all. Their Manual is small and well composed; made for people without much knowledge of VPN's. As a background service it requires little resources on the CPU and its overall speed is unmatched.

Cons

As I am a legitimate user, I have little complaints about this software. It is plainly used to provide more secure connections for banking, email & online purchasing.

Dmytro S.

Why I choose NordVPN

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

I do work online (web developer) so I need a high level of security and constant protection on all my devices (phones, tablet, laptop). I also travel a lot, and I have had some negative experience with fraudulent Wi-Fi access points at the airport. I lost some money at the time, but NordVPN took care of this now and never again had such problems. The company has a good reputation and gives the best monetary results.

Pros

I work online, so VPN is a necessary tool. I have used and compared many, but my choice is Nord VPN, because:
1. Connection speed is higher. No other VPN provider could achieve the same results.
2. Fast support that wants to help, unlike some others VPN providers. Support for NordVPN solved all my problems quickly
3. A simple and convenient interface on mobile and desktop and OS that I use (Windows, Android, iOS)
4. Great price if you go for a long-term deal.

Cons

The speed of Netflix was not very high, but when I talked to customer support, they told me which VPN server would work for me, and that helped.

Sébastien L.
Industry: Computer Software

The VPN service that's featured everywhere and for good reason!

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

This software has been consistently reliable for my personal use and saved me various times. Once, because of an issue with the cable company, we couldn't watch the Olympics, so we resorted to watch an online stream without any hassle by connecting through another country.

Another time, I realized I wasn't getting a fair price when watching the price multiple times for a flight ticket, so I went with NordVPN and compared from different parts of the world to get a better deal.

It also happened more than once that I would want to display a website in English, but because of my current location, some websites decide to force the display in that local language. NordVPN was an easy fix in that case as you can choose to appear from almost anywhere in the world!

Pros

This is a reliable and affordable service. It logs nothing about your activity and allows up to 6 devices to be connected at the same time, which is handy to secure both home and work devices. They have servers in many countries (61 at this time), it can connect with the onion protocol, it is very secure (with AES-256 and double VPN), it can be configured with OpenVPN, it works great with P2P applications, it supports many different platforms (both desktops and mobile), the customer service is quick and efficient. It is frankly easy to set up (I have tried on Mac, Linux, Android and iOS without any issue). They even explain everything transparently in their FAQ and they have clear instructions on how to set the service on practically all types of devices that support VPN.

Cons

There really isn't much to criticize about NordVPN. I did notice that they now have even more applications available for download. There used to be no application available for Linux (even though it was fully supported through other means).

Some servers were actually very slow when using my cellular connection, but this can happen with any service and a slowdown is always expected. Since they offer many servers in different countries, I was able to quickly find some servers that work in my current location.

Demirdis S.
Industry: Higher Education

Best and Cheapest VPN

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Pros

I have been using NordVPN since 2017. I am an International Student in the UK. For my literature review, I often need to access foreign universities e-library and many of them have IP protection overseas. After using trials of some other VPN services, I have decided to use NordVPN. I think NordVPN is best and cheapest VPN provider. It is very easy to use and allows me to access the web anonymously and securely. The application works great on my Mac and android phone. Also, I used the application on Windows 10, It was working great, too. I have travelled a lot for my research and some countries where online-based calling and chat apps are banned, NordVPN unblocks those apps and allows me to securely pretend to be in a different country. In addition, my university provides some data analysis software, they also IP protected and I am using NordVPN to access those Softwares​ while I am out of the UK.​ NordVPN has a large server network in 60 different countries but I generally use a few European countries server and overall these speeds are amazing. Moreover, NordVPN is strongly secure apps with no leaks, it has Internet Kill Switch option which blocks all internet connection if the VPN connection does not work. I have not needed but NordVPN offers 24/7 live chat support, I like chat support rather than calling customer service.

Cons

The Kill Switch feature does not really work on my mac but I have not had ​any problem on my other devices. Some NordVPN servers are a bit slow but they provided many other options so just need​ to change the server.

Patrick D.
Industry: Writing & Editing

A Must Have!

Reviewed on 20/03/2020

The internet is the way it should be when i am running my NordVPN. Not worried about sites tracking me. NordVPN Solved that! Not worry about ending up on some suspicious site and entering my information and being a victim, NordVPN Solved that.

Pros

Security $ Peace of mind! I use NordVPN for gaming when i am on my PC. I play professionally everyday and over the years we have some bad apples come along and start DDoS our IP Address and Just flooding my router just so they could kick me off line. I got tired of always turning off my router and waiting like 20 minutes for a new IP and just going through the headache of it all. I found NordVPN when i needed to mask my own IP and get the protection i needed to continue to enjoy my gaming experiences and thats what they offered me. I enabled NordVPN on my PC and never been kicked off since. I feel more safe now knowing its something i no longer have to worry about. I also use NordVPN for my everyday internet searching and website visiting to feel a bit better about my personal information not being so easliy found out and sites using my information to tailor their ads towards me.

Cons

At first its a little complicated to get it fully working and installed correctly but the newest version is pretty much a install and it does everything else for you. no complaints and i been using it for a long time now ..You forget you even have it on and when you start your computer up it auto starts it self so you never forget.

Adam C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Essential tool for travelers

Reviewed on 22/11/2018

Really excellent. They usually have a promotion to get a multiple year deal. This is often the most economical way to get the service over the long term.

Pros

NordVPN is very easy to use software to protect your privacy online. Once installed you can easily encrypt all your online traffic via a variety of different servers in different countries and different protocols (Double VPN, Onion over VPN). You know that once enabled none of your traffic will be tracked by the network you are on or somebody trying to sniff your logins/passwords on unencypted public wifi. Note - if you are using google services even in incognito a lot of what you are doing can still be tracked via your log in/hardware id. So if you really need privacy remember to sign out of these accounts and use tools like Tor Browser to not be tracked.

You can install on a variety of devices (computer, tablet, smartphone) with one account and know that when you are using a free wifi service (e.g. hotel, airtport, coffee shop) all your communication is secure. You can also circumvent geoblocking if you want to watch your TV services in your home country but that may not be accessible if you are travelling in another country.

Cons

Routing thru an additional VPN layer can slow down connections, but most servers are fast, and if you get on a slow one you can easily switch to another server/country to try and get faster service.

Initial connection on PC can be a bit slow (20-25 secs). Not sure why. iPhone app connects within seconds to VPN server (5 secs).

Karel R.
Industry: Construction

Safe and Secure and Seamless

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

I'm proud to remember to have a VPN running when I'm on a public wifi network. The pricing is great and so is its ease of use so I am happy to renew my annual subscription when the time comes. By the way, this product is excellent for frequent flyers since the company has servers all over the world and your connection is always secured on airport wifi.

Pros

NordVPN makes it very easy to connect to the Internet securely. The quick connect button makes the choice for you to enjoy the quickest encrypted connection. The Internet kill switch is a great feature to ensure that your traffic is always encrypted and not suddenly unsecured when a vpn connection drops out. The pricing is great. The availability on many phone and computer OSes is great. It's all very much great.

Cons

It takes a little while for the app and desktop client to load, but that's just a matter of patience. The company claims that there is a strict no logs policy. I haven't researched if that claim has been validated by a third-party entity or if the users are just supposed to believe that. Many people have recommended this VPN product and I am still very much in support of this product, but the validity of the strict no logs policy is interesting to me and not worrisome. The most annoying thing is when I'm trying to access a website (especially Amazon) and I'm unsuccessful in connecting to it because the website won't allow me to browse anonymously since it recognizes that the internet traffic coming in stems from a VPN server. Maybe it's just a matter of trying another server that the website doesn't have on its blacklist.

Margaret ramsden R.
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Secured servers with fast connectivity followed by excellent customer support.

Reviewed on 23/12/2018

NordVPN in our office let us access to those clients and distributors where our restriction is limited. Orr in other cases when we have to secure ourselves from hackers or malwares, Nord plays an important role. Even it also let us access to those websites where the restriction have been limited in order to extract necessary information from those websites.

Pros

NordVPN has enormous lists of servers for almost all the regions of every state. One can favorite their specified servers and easily uses them whenever or wherever we want to. Their double vpn service and dedicated Ip's can also be bought which infact are the major productive benefits of using Nord. Nord is also compatible with almost all the devices and gadgets. It works efficiently for windows, mac or mobile gadgets.
Their pricing features are also very convenient and doesn't cost much and suits to several demands and usage.

Cons

Some of the websites tracks the location through GPS service which easily split the beans and reveals the original location and Nord can't do anything about it.
Even also, while working few of my favorite servers also got losts from the servers list, so it affects my work severely.

Carl G.
Industry: Telecommunications

Excellent VPN service

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Excellent for being on the Internet safely and privately on Wi-Fi networks and connections from mobile devices and desktops

Pros

Military encryption capable of hiding our location and personal IP. Almost all servers in the world have a good internet speed. The Kill Switch function is a very good option to prevent data leaks in case of network interruptions.

Cons

They reduced the payment gateway and eliminated the free trial versions. The automatic software that charges monthly is very strict and sometimes rejects some credit cards.

Sachith D.
Industry: Education Management

The Best VPN Server

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Overall, We recommend NordVPN as a remarkable choice for those users who wish to transfer confidential files over the internet or do not want their identity to be exposed. NordVPN undoubtedly provides better opportunities than the other VPNs.

Pros

Compatibility: Nord VPN is compatible with any devices, including Android phones, Gaming consoles, and PC. Unlike other VPNs, this VPN tends to be accessible via all platforms.

User-Friendly: Nord VPN provides powerful encryption and functionality. It keeps the user's identity hidden and protected. Also, it grants the ability of manual selection of servers to its users.

Cons

Manual Selection: Sometimes VPN fails to connect to the fastest server and users have to manually reconfigure it and connect to the desired server which makes the user experience quite frustrating.

Bugs: Although VPN does work like a charm at times users experience some bugs such as they connect to different European servers but end up in those situated particularly in the UK. Also, sometimes the fastest servers fail to connect and users have to reinstall the VPN to make it work properly.

NordVPN is a good VPN

Reviewed on 2/10/2019

So far, my experience with NordVPN. I live in Singapore and it works very well. I didn't had the occasion to try it in China yet.

Pros

- A lot of servers you can use
- Ideal to get a national IP address to access catchup TV that is blocked aboard.

Cons

- If i closed my Mac with the VPN connection on and I open it back, I can't connect to internet anymore without a VPN connection.

Divyang S.

New Approach to New World

Reviewed on 27/09/2020

We are new to use NordVPN and shifted from other VPN, but we like this way better than previous one. Consider it if you want to expand you SEO and Digital Marketing field.

Pros

Forget all basic features, all the VPN now has those features like speed and keeping you anonymous on the web. NordVPN, on the other hand, brings new feature of DOUBLE TUNNELING. It is basically like applying vpn over vpn to keep to relatively more secure, preventing any of you DNS or IP information to get to public.
Price is also a plus point to this VPN. According to security it claims to provide, you get best in this price.
Multiple device access maintenance is great and very simple to configure.
Provides wide variety of server range to select for your analytical work. We recently started to use NordVPN as SEO and Digital Marketing are going really smooth with this tool and fortunately we can use same account on multiple devices saving extra as a bonus.

Cons

Some servers tend to go offline or you get disconnected frequently. Can be due to maintenance, but only for uncommon server and not servers like their flagship servers. They work flawlessly.
It messes up the web pages if you disconnect the ongoing downloads or any realtime meeting stuffs, but that is to be expected.

Dewey B.
Industry: Media Production
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

My Favorite VPN of All Time

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Pros

There are a ton of VPN services out there, but NordVPN is by far my favorite. Their servers are usually very fast, and they have dedicated servers for streaming, P2P, etc. There are also applications for almost every platform (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android), so one subscription will cover all of your devices. NordVPN overall is much more polished and enjoyable to use than most VPN services I've used.

Cons

Although their servers are typically very fast, occasionally they will get bogged down and slow to a crawl (although you can always switch to a different one). I've also had the application crash a few times on my laptop, but there is a chance that was a hardware issue on my end. Finally- bring back the free trial! I have many friends that would love to try out NordVPN, but do not want to immediately pay for a month of service.

Industry: Hospitality

NordVPN

Reviewed on 13/04/2019

My overall experience with using NordVPN is great, because i can at least surf the web securely without being tracked my my local ISPs.

Pros

NordVPN is great to use all around, i personally use NordVPN to securely browse the internet. NordVPN has a lot of access point such as choosing which server in another country that i would like to connect and instantly i am connected. NordVPN features has no logs that keeps track of my websites that i have accessed or locations points, works with Netflix, and probably one of the best features that i have used and seen with NordVPN compared to other VPNs is that it has a kill switch; if in an event there is a network loss the NordVPN will prevent any other application from opening or loading via cellular network, or WiFi this is to any information from being stolen. NordVPN pricing is fairly simple its not outrageous amount per month, but its reasonable about that users can afford to pay monthly.

Cons

One thing i have found using NordVPN is that the internet speed isn't that great, its not super fast and not too slow, meaning i can watch 720p videos without any buffering , but as soon as i watch a 1080p then i notice the buffering to start every few minutes, this is me connecting to a server in the USA, so i would think it would be relatively fast.