4.5
Akhilesh M.
Industry: Telecommunications

Backlog has your back!

Reviewed on 2/05/2020

The product is clutter-free and any features that are added have simple use cases and helps in easier implementation. A good user interface to avoid daily hassles involved in bug/defect reporting daily as a tester.

Pros

Bug identification and creation have never been simpler. Its unique way to describe and categorize the issue at hand is well sorted and makes for a clean and understandable user experience.

Cons

There might be issues that are created and assigned by parts and during bug/defect identification and creation, assigning these bugs should have an option to assign multiple members instead of single-member.

Cabin Y.
Industry: Computer Games

Easy and Very Useful tool to manage projects

Reviewed on 28/04/2020

In general, gives a very good overview to the team and the project manager on who is doing what exactly. Following up on tasks that have not been completed is easy and is a very transparent way to work.

Pros

Can easily separate tasks through projects and milestones. I especially love the Gantt Chart and how each it is to use. Overall just great to see overall picture of how the project is doing and who is doing what.

Cons

I find it frustrating to changing Status only after creating the task. I wish I could change when I create a task if it was already Closed, Resolves or In Progress instead of always clicking each task and changing it manually. Feel very time consuming.

Mitchell S.
Industry: Computer Software

Backlog is a very useful tool

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Backlog has helped us better track software bugs and issues reported by our clients. It's definitely made our clients more satisfied with our service that we're now able to better keep track of, and respond to, the bugs and issues they raise.

Pros

I like the way Backlog helps us keep track of bugs and issues and which member of our team is assigned to them. Keeping track of bugs and issues that our clients raise is one of the areas that we struggle the most with, and Backlog helps us address this potential shortcoming.

Cons

Some parts of the interface can be a little counter-intuitive to navigate. I think the next iteration of the Backlog interface could go a long way to make the tool easier to use, smoother, and even more useful.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Easy to learn quality program

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 25/08/2019

Overall excellent app for a great cost that your team has control over. You get to pay for the level your team will use without the burden of overwhelming excess features. Definitely recommend.

Pros

I've been trying out a lot of project management software lately and I think Backlog is a strong contender among them. It's quick to learn and the UI is sleek and appealing. It has all the essential features for project tracking and coordination. I liked the inclusion of the Wiki as well, and I like the tiered subscription model they use, making it easy to find a level of feature availability that suites your team's needs.

Cons

There isn't anything major that stands out. There's room for more options and features (more specificity in the prioritization area, maybe) but it has all the essentials from what I can tell.

Vivek O.

My experience for backlog is awesome.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017

Pros

It has given a great platform to collaborate for work.
We manage many of our projects on backlog which makes us more efficient and we can focus on more work rather than hitch-ups due to processes and management.
Great tool.

Cons

Yes, if you talk about cons I do feel there is need for internal documents creation like Excel ppt etc.
If I want to make some data or have issue which requires tabular form, I don't have much options than just to create an excel and attach it's links.

Bhadra A.
Industry: Retail

Good Experience

Reviewed on 15/04/2019

After using Backlog, each project management has been improved: better time management, better updates in team during project progress

Pros

- project management based
- easy to use and create project/issue

Cons

- some part confusing in terms of UI
- people who was notified at first time issue created, wont be automatically notified if not mention in notify people when make comment/update

Review for Backlog

Reviewed on 3/10/2018

Pros

It's easy to manage task on Gantt Chart. I can see status, edit start time and end time,...without having to refresh the page.

Cons

When i review pull request on Backlog, i can't see the number of deleted line, added line and total changed line. Github has this feature.

Santhosh rao M.

Best Review Software

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

I am able to fix my development issues easily with backlog. Thanks

Pros

I can easily found out my issues raised by tester.

Cons

Nothing found so far. If possible, provide web push notifications.

Jeremy C.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Backlog for the Win

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Pros

We use backlog everyday to track various projects withing our department. The easy of adding new items to the log and quickly finding them is a plus.

Cons

Only thing we really need is an approval based system that ties into Backlog for change management. Often times approval are required to be shown in the business world.

Suzanne L.

Overall not a bad experience

Reviewed on 11/08/2017

Pros

ease of use

Cons

one feature that your tools does not provide is the ability to put more people in the loop for CC and notify automatically if there is an update

Anuj R.
Industry: Research

I would recommend this software

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

Overall it is an awesome tool.

Pros

It improves connectivity among employees and is very user friendly

Cons

The search button present at different location does not work the same way.

Gaurav T.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Extremely Easy to use and Quicker!

Reviewed on 15/04/2019

Its a good project management and bug tracking tool.

Pros

- Backlog is quite faster in terms of search
- Dashboard and other projects related stuffs are well organized
- Rich functionalities for project management

Cons

One thing I noticed in Backlog is listing of parent issue and sub issue, its showing both of them when we assigned an issue to some parent issue, it should only show the parent one and when click on that parent issue it will open up the sub issues if it have any.

Shannon F.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great Project Management Tool!

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Being able to separate and track small issues as well as categorize larger projects has been a huge help. Also, by assigning tasks to individuals, it holds them accountable to their responsibilities and tracks the timeline of progress.

Pros

-Ease of use
-Bridging communication between teams
-Trackability of projects/issues
-Having a separate tool for project management, which helps minimize email clutter

Cons

haven't found any, yet!

Carissa F.
Industry: Education Management

Backlog for integration into Workday

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 18/11/2020

Pros

It has good functionality for setting deadlines, tagging people, and notifications.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at the moment as something to dislike.

Bhopal S.

Excellent

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

Overall experience is excellent.

Pros

It is very user-friendly, we can manage the display according to our need.

Cons

I Like it. Status change feature could be changed, we should have a quick status change feature.

Dennis K.
Company size: Self Employed

Awesome product for freelance business!

Reviewed on 4/11/2020

Overall it has been great. It has helped me organize my freelance business and that means happier clients and more money in the pocket!

Pros

The board is extremely intuitive and easy to use. It is very easy to add notes, change status of the ticket, and track where the project is currently at.

Cons

It could be nice to have the ability to add and delete columns from the board for different custom stages of the projects that I am working on. I have used some other bug trackers, and it has come in handy there.

David M.
Industry: Design

Great free version

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Pros

The free version is great, and the paid functionality seems awesome.

Cons

It has a comprehensive set of tools for managing different aspects of the company, and sometimes it is a bit overwhelming.

Đặng H.
Industry: Computer Software

Backlog need to be changed and improved

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

Sorry but the truth is inconvenience for me. I hope Backlog can do more for me and my project.
I can't have the statistics I want at Home, I can't see overall my project ...
I Hope Backlog can be developed and help us more in the future.

Pros

The color of issue can be changed, I can customize the characteristics of issue for each project.

Cons

when I filter all issue of project , it shows parents issue and sub-issue. If I click on the arrow, which is head of parent issue, Backlog shows all of sub-issue of that parent issue, which are showed before. So many issues are showed twice. It can make me confused.
I think Backlog shoud list parent issue and issue has no parent issue. About issue has parent issue, you can hide and when user click on the arrow, it can be showed.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Milan K.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

After months using free version for 1 project we successfully moved to paid version for all projects

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

We track not only reported issues/incidents, but also the planned project tasks to have overview who is working on and what is the backlog of all unassigned tasks.
The main benefit is to not have projects information in several excel or project files but in one place. Also our status meetings with our teams are faster and more effective.

Pros

Easy to setup and use including graphic differentiation and access rights for individual projects (customer logo and colors).
No training required for users in our company who adopted this tool very fast.
In addition, GantChart is really usable with several options for grouping, automatic issue creation from email is also useful to support our clients and track how our internal specialists perform. Internal wiki is also used in our company to document not only the knowledges and technical information to be shared with others in the team, but also the meeting minutes related to our projects - everything stored and available in one place.
The mobile application also works as expected.

Cons

It is not possible to create links/relations in GantChart helping to display dependencies and reschedule the project tasks when something happen - now all issues have to be moved manually.
Navigation in wiki would be enhanced little bit.

Hai N.

Some Uncomfortable

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Very good expect 2 thinks above

Pros

- Grantt chart and burndown chart..

Cons

1. It's "Copy custom Fields From other Project" in [Project Settings] -> [Custom Field]
=> I dont know why "(※ Relation with issue types not copied)". It's very uncomfortable for me and someone manage like me.
=> Our Company have Standard Custom Field for all Project about 100 Custom FIled and some Custom Issue Type. When I Open the new Project , I just wanna Copy all Custom Field and Issue Type from Old Project.
But not like this, just copy Customfield and Availabes all Issue types. After that, I must to click 1 by 1 to fix, or delete. It's take many time from me. how long i will spent for fix that with 100 custom Field and Custom Issue Type????
Please think about that. and fix this
I just want to Copy all Custom Field + Issue Type from the old Project to New Project. and button delete all Custom Field
2. It's Add a Group of member to Old/Archive Project.
=> It's very hard. I have alrd 100+ project archive and click 1 by 1 to add a Group member. so bad.really bad.
Please add a Button add a Group of member to all Project or atleast let our choose list project to add.

Nguyen N.
Industry: Computer Software

Good services with the best price

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

I did use backlog in 4 years, and It good for my company with more than 120 users, and run 30 project at the same time

Pros

Cons

need add more than status check (current status: open, In progress, Resolved, Closed) need add more (Review)

Mendy D.
Industry: Insurance

Backlog helped my team with organization

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Pros

My team is using this product to log issues about a new website we are running live. We are able to each submit issues, whether it's an urgent item that has to be fixed or just a suggestion on something we would like to see changed. It keeps us from double logging our issues because we can see all of the issues daily and our IT person can log and communicate the status on each issue. It seems to be helping us stay organized on what items are priorities.

Cons

I don't like that you have to click on the issue to see the latest comments on it. I wish it would display the latest comment like a preview of an email will.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Good tool overall for bug tracking

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Overall pretty solid with great features to keep everyone growing the boat in the same direction!

Pros

Backlog is a fairly simple and intuitive platform that gives the full development/product teams visibility into bugs reported by the business and allows for simple, seamless prioritization.

Cons

It's cool that Backlog offers iPhone and Android apps but they're a little diminished feature-wise compared to the full app. Still pretty handy though!

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Praveen S.
Industry: E-Learning

Product for Monitoring Product Activities

Reviewed on 29/04/2020

My experience with Backlog was excellent as we were looking for tool to monitor our product development. As we were a startup company we have limited source on funds and came across with backlog which supports our cause. We appreciate Nulabs for providing us their platform for supporting our team in our product development, And would definitely would be recommend Backlog.

Pros

Ease to Use, Team Member were able to use it on their own without any support, Quick response for support from backlog team.

Cons

Nothing as such , would suggest that if you could simplify use of filters.

Pramod S.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Awesome Software

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Pros

Easy to maintain bugs and their state .Very Useful.

Cons

Still i did not find any Cons in this software.