HoneyBook

Client management for freelancers & SMBs

4.9 /5 (358 reviews) Write a Review!

Jennifer K.
  • Industry: Photography

HoneyBook is the right CRM for you!

Reviewed on 23/01/2021

I love HoneyBook. I have looked at switching just because I’m interested in seeing what else is available & how they compare, but I think my loyalty & the overall satisfaction with HoneyBook will keep me here!

Pros

HoneyBook just overall has so many great features that will help you run & maintain your business every day. During the onset of Covid & with so many of us experiencing cancellations & such, they were the only CRM I knew of that rolled out any help with legal documents to help you convey the right words to your clients to not only help you stay level headed & in charge of your business, but also helped your clients realize that cancelling should be a last resort & that we business owners are here for them!
I am also a big fan of most all of the templates that they provide for you to help set your business up for success! Aaaand in the Winter, I love the little Snowman icon that sips hot cocoa & makes the computer screen be a wintery scene. Adorable!
HoneyBook is very easy to use, & their customer service & tech departments are da bomb!

Cons

The only things I wish that HoneyBook would improve on the most would be trying different variations with the project pipeline, with adding more availability or being able to choose between pipelines for different project types, & working out some kinks with the scheduling system between what we intend for clients to see in availability & what they actually see; & for the client to be able to go in & change their selection of date & time immediately afterwards & up to half an hour later.

Monica B.

I LOVE IT

Reviewed on 3/02/2021

The invoices are my favorite. I love being to bill clients through HB and not have to use a different program to do that. I get to keep EVERYTHING in one spot which actually saves me money. I don’t need a separate software for bookkeeping, calendars, workflow, etc. It’s ALL here. In one place. I’m obsessed. I can’t imagine not having HB.

Pros

Very user friendly, they offer so much! I love being able to track my expenses and schedule clients. I love the workflow feature, it’s so helpful. I REALLY love the fact that clients can pay you through the HB invoice. That’s probably the best part. Its awesome that they added a COVID-19 tool kit that shows you which clients are most likely to be affected. And then they have email templates that are COVID related. So many resources are provided, it’s like they actually care about us 🥺 💕 haha.
Highly recommend

Cons

The only thing that’s a little slow is the payment actually getting to my bank account. I’m not even sure if HB has anything to do with the time it takes, but I do wish it didn’t take 2 days to finally show up in my account. I wish there was an option to “instantly” transfer the funds for like a 1% fee. Like Venmo! That way if someone needs the money ASAP, they can instantly get it OR they can choose to wait the 1-2 business days to get the full payment. That would AMAZING

Tamara C.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Ever Growing to Meet the Needs of My Business

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

If they keep improving the product the way they have been I will be a happy HoneyBook HoneyBee for life.

Pros

I love the Project Management area. I can see everything i am working on and the stage it is at. I also love the automation of some of the project stages. I love that everything pertaining to that project is all included in the project. Once i open each project i can see all the files, correspondences between my client and I. I can simply pick up where i left off.

Cons

I was expecting more from the workflow and would love the option to create a link so clients can open the link to get to the invoice to make the payment. As much as I’d love everyone to use the client portal, not everyone can handle it and this would be a great feature for older, less tech-savvy clients.

Dave H.

I wish I had found HoneyBook sooner.

Reviewed on 1/03/2021

I can easily set up meetings, send proposals, get signatures and create subscriptions to my agency services.

Pros

HoneyBook has the features I need to run my small digital agency. I shopped around and paid too much for other systems which was frustrating. HoneyBook fits perfectly with my agency's sales flow.

Cons

Because I was migrating from another system with many existing clients, onboarding was challenging. I would like to have had a personal and live onboarding session with specific advice on how best to set things up. It took a while to find the optimal use for brochures, proposals, invoices etc...

Alyssa P.
  • Industry: Design

Using HoneyBook is like having a personal sales assistant helping me run my business 24/7

Reviewed on 1/09/2020

Wow, just keeping everything in one place for my business and the way HoneyBook automatically saves everything that I've been working on has been absolutely transformational. I feel like HoneyBook is 5-10 apps all in one. I also like your customer support and the overall vibe of your company that I get from using your product. I feel like you truly care about your customers :) Also, I'm currently on the $1 per month plan for 6 months. Keep offering that, because that is what made me commit to HoneyBook!

Also, your pre-written proposal legal contract is AMAZING! So professional and easy to customize.

Pros

Honeybook is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Luckily, I started using it when I began my business, so I didn't need to transfer any existing CRM or sales data over. When I was onboarding, HoneyBook's support staff loaded in a bunch of pre-designed templates specific to my industry. They also took images I sent them of my products and prices and turned them into usable sales proposals. That alone has saved me WEEKS of time that I would have had to spend learning how to use HoneyBook and manually inputting my content.

Cons

The time tracker does not function to the extent that I need it to. I currently use Time Doctor to track my time, but it would be nice if I could keep everything in HoneyBook.

Also, I oftentimes don't see my reminders for following up with "tasks" for clients in my projects pipeline. If there's a way to have those notifications automatically sync with my personal google calendar and send me an email reminder, that would be helpful. Pipedrive's CRM and sales pipeline does a really great job of showing urgent prospects to follow up with. I think it color-codes them too.

Also, the email feature within HoneyBook can be a bit confusing. Sometimes, I can't tell if an email sent or not. The notes are also not displayed in a way that's very easy to read. It would be nice to add bullets, bold text, underline, etc. Pipedrive does a really great job of showing all of the email threads and notes between clients and multiple team members in their CRM.

Also, the first time I sent an invoice, HoneyBook automatically included a place for gratuity/tip. I've now figured out how to turn that setting off, but I couldn't see that it was automatically included in my invoice ahead of time. With my business (and I think most), they will never need gratuity, so I think that's kind of an odd setting. Maybe instead of having to click and review the settings in the left side bar of invoices, there could be an extra prompt to review those settings before the user sends the proposal to their client.

Janelle M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Organize My Squirrel Brain

Reviewed on 9/08/2020

Pros

Everyone kept telling me, "Honeybook is great, but there's a learning curve." So I was a little intimidated. They were wrong, I could jump in face first and start using it exclusively immediately. Even in the middle of a terrible time for my little business, I will pull all the strings I can find to be able to afford Honeybook. It's easy for me, easy for my clients and keeps me focused. It saves me time and energy and thats the most important thing!

Cons

The only thing I'm having issues with right now is making a brochure. It probably user error, but I wish it there more extensive editing capabilities within the brochure making operation. I will play around with it some more though.

Tami J.
  • Industry: Photography

Honeybook has changed the way I do business!

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

So far it has already made the business side of my photography more professional. If I am able to get it fully customized to my business workflow and strategy I think it will be an amazing product. Honey book has made communicating with clients, scheduling or rescheduling a session, and taking payments much easier than the way I was doing things.

Pros

Booking clients and communicating with them throughout the planning stages of their project has become seamless. I have all emails and files in one place. I can easily make changes to their upcoming appointment, reschedule make suggestions on another location. I am able to send all documents in one proposal email. and get their signature on everything at once. Payments go through easily and client payment reminders have been very helpful.

Cons

I am a new user and it's a little difficult to set up to how I do business. It's taking me a lot longer than I would like to get things just how I want them. There are things I want to change such as the flow of automatic emails. I am having a hard time figuring out exactly where to change those settings.

Meredith S.
  • Industry: Events Services

Honeybook - a game changer for my company

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Honeybook is the perfect CRM for our company! It's so easy to use, and it has truly changed the way my company streamlines the booking and communication process. I would never switch to a different CRM.

Pros

I love the ability to use Honeybook in place of standard email. It makes the process of searching for specifics discussions significantly easier. I also really love the proposal templates, ease of invoicing, and the ability for my proposals to double as contracts. I LOVE the app!

Cons

I wasn't able to easily use connect to Quickbooks online.

Toni O.
  • Industry: Events Services

This tool will change your business!

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

Honeybook saves me time and allows me to manage a much higher amount of projects on my own without additional staff! I love having everything in one place and having my customized Honeybook contact form imbedded on my website so new inquiries automatically create a new project in the program without me doing anything!

Pros

Too many things to list! You can create, customize, and assign workflows to every project. It links to your calendar so everything is there at a glance, even brand new inquiries! You can create so many templates to save yourself time and energy by not rewriting the same thing with every project. Your contracts and invoicing are all in one place for the client to easily access. It also links with your Quickbooks account!

Cons

Some features could use a bit of refining. My main concern is that the signature lines on contracts aren't customizable, and for someone operating an LLC, we need to be able to add a title next to our name so that we are signing on behalf of the company, rather than personally as ourselves.

I would also love to see better integration with Quickbooks. I regularly have to go in to QB and manually edit the tax rate for each project so that it will categorize properly. I also have had regular issues with tax being calculated/rounded differently for HB vs QB so that they show $0.01 balance still due in QB after a project is paid in full via HB.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great All-In-One Tool

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

I love it. It's improved my clients' experiences working with me and helped me automate several processes of my business. It's been one of the best decisions I've made for my business.

Pros

HoneyBook has all the features I needed: invoicing, creating contracts and proposals, digital signing for clients, time tracking, etc. But it also has everything I wanted on top of those: automated workflows, email templates, digital brochures for prospects to click and choose, a pipeline to track everyone from inquiry to signed contract to deposit paid. Each tool is beautifully designed, and I get positive feedback from clients about how seamless the experience is on their end.

Cons

Most of the templates seem designed with photographers in mind. As a graphic designer, marketing consultant, and business coach, I have to adapt everything pretty heavily. However, HoneyBook provides an awesome foundation to start with and tons of flexibility.

Mandy H.

LIFESAVER!!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

Time saving, organized, easy to use

Pros

Honestly, HoneyBook has made my entire workflow more organized and easier. My work is so much faster and easier to find now. I love that I can see all of my incoming money in one place. It is organized by client/project. You can integrate your calendar so that your sessions show up on your Google calendar on your phone. It's wonderful. Plus, anytime you need help, customer service responds super fast!

Cons

I wish I could do even more customizations. But it's getting there!

Response from HoneyBook

Thank you for your honesty Mandy! Great to hear!

Elena E.

AWESOME

Reviewed on 9/04/2020

HoneyBook is THE BEST! It has helped our business stay organized, easily book clients, and carry out event details perfectly. Cannot recommend enough for any creative looking to streamline their business. Use our referral code for 50% off:[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Pros

HoneyBook organizes our client's information into separate files, sorted by what stage they are in the booking process. This allows us to easily follow up and convert leads. They also provide analytics to help our business track our success rate, advertising, and more.

Cons

The do updates a lot- which is great, but they can have bugs. usually they work out any issues associated with new features quickly.

Sinly L.
  • Industry: Photography

Great CRM program for photographers!

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

So far after reviewing various CRM programs I'm so glad that I went with Honeybook, the program has increased my revenue and the ease in which I work and interact with my clients.

Pros

I've only had this program for less than 3 months now but the number one thing that I can absolutely rave about this program is their customer support. A representative guides you along the entirety of the process but not only that they set up the documents into their system for you, so it definitely helps with the headache of changing your entire business module over, with the documents, contracts and expenses prepared in the program by someone who knows the program well.

Cons

In the beginning even with the mass amount of help that it takes to set up it does require a lot of time. Which is quite reasonable since the program does so much you would have to input and invest so much time within that first week. You're creating, changing, evolving your paperwork, streamlining your work flow so it basically moving everything paper work wise about your business onto a computer system. Of course after you are all done with then everything is a cake walk.

Rachel D.
  • Industry: Photography

Without Honeybook, I'd go crazy!

Reviewed on 5/02/2019

I always feel like my suggestions are heard. If they continue this way, I'll never leave.

Pros

I love the honey book team the most and how they are responsive to our suggestions. I see a lot of potential for growth in the software and hope that eventually it can be an all inclusive platform including album hosting and email management.

Cons

There are some odd hiccups - like I can block off days within HB. I have to use (and have yet to set up) a Calendly account. I'd rather just use HB for these things.

I don't love how communication functions with clients. Clients have told me to "email them directly" because the HB platform is confusing to them. Maybe if all vendors used it and all of their planning happened on HB then it would not be so foreign to them, but currently it is frustrating for some of my clients.

Keneshia R.
  • Industry: Events Services

Honeybook helps me streamline my business

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

I have used this product for 5+ years and it has been the best experience. From the ease of set up to streamlining my business to payment processing, this is the number program I use in my business. and making my clients feel like they have everything in one place has been such a big boost to my business.

Pros

This software has always been a no brainer for me. I am able to streamline my booking process, create projects and design events all in one place. It is user-friendly and client-friendly.

Cons

I have no real cons about this product, If I had to choose one it would be feature implantation. Releasing new features quicker would help solve a couple of problems.

Duane M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

HB is my secret sauce!

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

The customer service has been really great and I am a big fan of the look and feel.

Pros

I love love love the proposal feature and how everything is integrated.

Cons

It did take me a little bit to understand the workflow of the platform. No big deal though.

Lori R.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Would consider for future contract and invoice delivery

Reviewed on 14/04/2021

Overall I found HoneyBook easy to use as a professional looking for partners to collaborate with and as business who has dealt with contracts and payments from vendors who utilize Honeybook for these services. I am not in need of the latter services right now, but I would consider HoneyBook if I have the need for them in the future.

Pros

The community is really the best part of HoneyBook if you are looking for likeminded individuals who are seeking collaboration on projects, specifically photography for me. I found contract signatures and payments to be easily accessible when using it with vendors.

Cons

Vendors I've worked with have used Honeybook for contracts and payment to reserve workshop spaces. While it was easy to access and deliver payment, I found that the information in the shared account was not encrypted. So sensitive information like full payment methods were visible to anyone who had access to the account. This made me uneasy in the instance someone would gain access to the shared documents who did not have permission.

Laura W.
  • Industry: Design

Beautiful Organization For The Unorganized Creative

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Pros

Keeping my clients in order, keeping the communication all in one place, the contracts are invaluable, and the proposals are clean, simple, and beautiful. I have other software for pricing (I'm a florist) but I still do my proposals in HoneyBook because they're easy to read and don't overwhelm my clients.

Cons

Having to resend a proposal after it's signed AND after it's paid is kind of annoying. I also wish I could see what the clients sees sometimes.

Shy M.

Changed the game

Reviewed on 23/05/2018

Time saving. Organization. Tracking all replies in one workspace. Surveys.

Pros

I love how I can set up automated replies and half of my work is done with an new inquiry before even logging in! It makes my communication more professional and streamlined.

Cons

I wish there were an option for the project timeline that included reminders and a gantt chart or calendar visible to me and my clients. The workflow doesn't quite do it and the tasks don't give the big picture. As a wedding planner - if I could upload a detailed timeline for us both to see and follow along with it would eliminate my need to use Excel or other tools.

Liz G.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great customer management system

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

Saves me time, organizes my clients and makes it easy for them to stay in touch, pay invoices, and have all activity in one portal

Pros

I love how responsive support is, how adaptable the templates are to my business, and how much is automated for me to save time.

Cons

Wish there was an app for androids. Would like to be able to truly schedule emails to go out at specific times when I write...this is for custom emails not the automated ones.

Crystal A.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Overall, HoneyBook has saved me time, made my brand and client experience more professional, and has led me to more bookings.

Pros

I love that HoneyBook allows you to keep all of your client's contracts, payments, conversations and questionnaires all in one place. Before using HoneyBook I was still scanning documents, sending things back and forth in the mail, etc. Going paper-free has made my life so much easier. Having a client management system also saves me so much time. It's so easy to create templates and set up workflows. I'm now noticing how many opportunities I've missed just from forgetting to follow up with people. With the reminders from honeybook and having all of my leads in one place, it's super easy to keep track of.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like at first was that they did not originally have an Android app. However, they now have one and I use it all the time!

Bonnie H.

I love Honeybook!

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Pros

All of my projects are in one place.
All of my income is recorded and easy to track.
Works with with my calendar.
Reminds clients when a payment is due, so I don't have to.

Cons

I wish there I could have multiple contact forms.
I wish it didn't give me an error when I book more than one session on a day.
I wish I could reach customer service a little more quickly.

Devin R.

So happy I joined!

Reviewed on 6/02/2021

I use it on a daily basis to manage all incoming and current projects. From tracking profits and expenses to sending out customized proposals. Both me and my clients appreciate the experience.

Pros

I can easily manage all my projects in one place!

Cons

No feature for client photo/video gallery delivery or sales.

Tiffany H.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

No more ghetto proposals and tracking Excel sheets for us!

Reviewed on 7/05/2020

Their customer service has been really good and they are very open to ways to continually make it better.

Pros

I love the ability to have all your packages and pricing in there and to be able to send to prospects. Not only that, but I love that I can track all my prospects in one place easily with their pipeline. I used to send out Word docs and track on Excel sheets but it was not very professional looking and really difficult to stay on top of.

Cons

I wish the pipeline was a little more customizable. There are some things you can customize but over 50% are static and they don't always fit the flow of our organization.

Tricia R.

A Game Changer!

Reviewed on 1/03/2020

Pros

I love the fact that everything I need is all in one place. It reminds me when things are due and in turn also reminds my customers. From start to finish everything is all in one place-initial contact to final proposal, contract and invoicing.

Cons

So far I have no cons! I can’t say enough good things about this program!