Arlo Training Software

A complete training management system for training providers

4.7 /5 (108 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.5
4.5
4.6
4.7
Vivian B.
Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great value for money & a versatile tool

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Arlo really makes our life easier, we use it to manage all our paid training courses and also track attendance of participants of other events. Arlo is quite easy to understand, it doesn't take long to explain it to new staff members and has intuitive handling. The articles on the support page are great, I find it very easy to follow the instructions and discover new features of the software. Their customer service is also great, the support team is very quick and so far could solve all our problems.

Pros

I like most that the build-up and functions are really thought through. They try to accommodate different types of training and mostly find a good balance between pre-set processes and possibilities for customisation. Compared to other LMS (which I haven't used but checked their functions and pricing..) Arlo offers less functions in one but you can add various integrations, e.g. your own accounting software. That makes it easy also for smaller training providers to get started with software and making life easier without having to commit to a full-service LMS.

Cons

For many functions (e.g. newsletter tool, online training) you need to buy third party software and use integrations. As described in the pros, it is great to start with Arlo without major committment but after a while you want to use more and more features, like newsletters or webinars but you have to use different provider for every single funtion. It is okay because many are probably using Mailchimp or somethinga nyway which integrates with Arlo but it would be great if Arlo could offer it, I get annoyed by having so many different logins and having to get used to all the different softwares.

Allison W.

Arlo Review

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

Our office loves it and our presenters enjoy the ability to see what their courses look like leading up to the event date. Arlo has become the staple and all encompassing resource for our course management.

Pros

One of the biggest positives when it comes to the Arlo software is the automated features. Our office used to spend a lot of extra time communicating small details and follow through just to make sure information was shared with our registrants at the proper moments. Thankfully with things like a wait list with a programmed process we do not have to keep track of those details manually.

Cons

Perhaps it's just a beginning phase, and not even a negative "least" explanation but my least favorite aspect about Arlo is in regards to all of the features we have yet to utilize and set up. It provides excitement but when the start up is in the process and even a few months later, we are still constantly figure out new (awesome) things to implement.

Response from Arlo

Thanks for the fantastic review, Allie! It's great to hear that Arlo's automated features save your team so much time and that your presenters enjoy the ability to view their upcoming courses via the mobile app. Do reach out if there is anything we can do to help.

Richard R.
Industry: Environmental Services
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Arlo Event Management Software is Great!

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

The Arlo software is great but we have not integrated it with some of our other internal software used for accounting within the business. This means we have a bit more manual work to ensure the flexibility and changes of Arlo are feedback in to the systems. This process really shows up how the other software lags behind Arlo!

Pros

It is easy and straightforward to use and continues to evolve and develop more and more functionality! It does exactly what we want and we can change things in there easily to suit our needs.

Cons

It was not previously integrated with our website but we have since changed over to an Arlo website which has made this so much easier and the new website looks much better too!

Patrick S.

The Other Side of the World

Reviewed on 19/05/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I really wanted this service to be what it claims to be. When you do get a live body on the phone they are great people. Just doesn't happen often.

Pros

We love the sales pitch and it does everything but only if all your software is derived from the Southern Hemisphere.

Cons

Customer support is so limited in hours NZD with no North American business time zone support. The language used hasn't been adapted to US English. The fact that they cannot integrate with QBO, Hubspot, or LMS's from North America. Nor can it address blended learning. Given the lack of connectivity to North American leading software service platforms the sales pitch of automating our processes did not materialize.

Response from Arlo

Getting feedback from our customers is how we improve, so thanks for your review.

Our two support teams based out of New Zealand and the UK provide business hours coverage across most of the world, but this does leave a small window in North America where neither team is available to pick up the phone. We're looking at ways to increase our support coverage.

Many parts of Arlo can be customized to US English (such as all customer-facing content on your website, automated follow-up emails, and your registration and checkout forms). We're also constantly adding further flexibility to the system so reach out if you need any help configuring this on your platform.

In regards to integrating with North American software, we're super excited to announce our Zapier integration which lets you connect Arlo to 1000's of other apps, including QuickBooks, Hubspot and LMSs. Check out www.arlo.co/zapier for more details.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Karen A.
Industry: Computer Software

Has the potential to be great, but useability issues get in the way

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 7/07/2020

Arlo is a very powerful platform, if you have a lot of time and personnel dedicated to managing it. They are really nice people, and provide great support. Unfortunately, it was just too complicated and time consuming for us to use and lacked some really basic useability features we expected from class registration software.

Pros

Arlo has a ton a great features for event management and registration. Really liked the back-end planning features for administering venue & catering details and instructor notifications. And the front-end class listing & registration page looked really slick. And their customer support is really great, both online and in person. For a company with a lot of time to dedicate to learning the system and administering it on a daily basis, it is a very powerful platform.

Cons

Arlo is very time consuming to get set up and to administer. There are so many steps required for just basic things like adding a new class, and so many options to click through that it is very unweildy. And it is missing some really basic functions, like sending a notification to the administrator if someone cancels their registration, or allowing customization of the event email notifications that get sent out. And when we first signed up for the platform, we were promised that the ability to charge deposits for a class (which is very important for us) was under development and would be available very soon, but a year and a half later that feature was still nowhere to be found. After months of trying to make Arlo work for us, we finally had to switch to a different platform.

Response from Arlo

We appreciate the review and are sorry to hear Arlo didn't turn out to be the right system for you.

As you mentioned, Arlo is a very powerful platform that's built to manage all the moving parts of a training operation, but does take some getting used to. That's why each of our customers gets a dedicated success manager and 1-on-1 training to make sure you're confident with the system before you go live.

Capturing partial payments, such as a deposit at checkout, was released a few months ago. We're sorry we didn't get this out in time for you.

Customizing the automated email to match your branding is also something that we have just released. We're now working on giving you more control over the contents of these emails.

Again we appreciate your feedback and are sorry to see you go. We wish you and your training business well.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Jade B.
Industry: Accounting

The best event management software

Reviewed on 9/10/2017

Using arlo has meant that we've consolidated all of our payment methods into one platform, eliminated multiple spreadsheets recording attendees and also eliminated the possibility for human error at our end - if someone isn't registered for an event, they didn't register, it's not that they emailed us and didn't make it to the spreadsheet!

Pros

The best things are the payment platform, the app for my mobile when I am at an event - so easy to record attendance or grab an attendees number to check in on them if they haven't arrived. Arlo has eliminated human error at our end - now we know if a registration is wrong that it was entered incorrectly by the client, not someone at our end!

Cons

We used to use quite a complicated discount structure for multiple attendees, this has been hard to translate into arlo, but we have identified a work around - it just took a bit of time to implement.

Khumbudzo amanda D.

Arlo review

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Pros

It is user friendly and has a lot of features

Cons

It does not send out calendar reminders automatically to presenters and administrators

Response from Arlo

Thanks for the review! You're correct, Arlo automatically sends reminder emails to registrants in the lead-up to a course. The same like-for-like feature isn't available for presenters and administrators, but you do have a few options. For example, the 'Event Registrants' report can automatically be sent to presenters X days before the course and the dedicated mobile app for presenters shows their upcoming training. Reach out to our team at [email protected] and we'll help define the best solution.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Steph F.
Industry: Construction

Great system, easy to use and constantly being updated to suit users needs

Reviewed on 18/04/2019

Amazing, I was worried that because we were in the UK and it is a NZ company that we may struggle to communicate due to the time difference, but that hasn't been a problem and its even better now that Jerrod is over in the UK, not that I've needed to contact him regarding anything recently as Arlo has been working perfectly for us.

Pros

It is so easy to use and navigate around, it makes invoicing easier and saves so much time when it comes to sending joining instructions to our customers as Arlo does it for you!

Cons

It is a little pricey, but having said that if we hadn't chosen Arlo we would have potentially needed 2 systems to do what we can do on 1 now.

Response from Arlo

Thanks Steph! It's great that Arlo saves your team so much time. That's why we do what we do, and why training providers keep signing up. We're loving being able to offer our customers round-the-clock support from our NZ and UK teams.

Gemma O.
Industry: Education Management

Arlo's reporting capabilities help us meet all our requirements.

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Pros

Arlo is very user friendly. Course templates and offerings are easily set up, customised and integrated with our website. Updates are in real time. All course details, registrations, communications can be easily managed within one system. As a Business Analyst the reporting capabilities are second to none. Reports are easily set up, customised and scheduled to meet all our requirements. The support team are also on hand to answer questions and queries quickly and effectively.

Cons

Arlo is missing a CRM tool, to truly integrate and track communication via email.

Helen C.

Arlo Event Management Software Powerful Reporting Capability

Reviewed on 24/08/2020

Implementation relatively smooth, easy to learn and use.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive, constantly improving, responsive support

Cons

Functionality for multi-session events not yet as extensive as that for single session events.

Fiona Q.
Industry: Events Services

Seamless integration

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Pros

Arlo is intuitive and user-friendly. I have no hesitation in recommending this product having spent almost two years enjoying this system. The support that Arlo provides is second to none.

Cons

I have no gripes, therefore unable to think of anything that I liked least about the software.

Response from Arlo

Thank you Fiona - We really appreciate the review and it's a pleasure having you onboard! Our team work hard to make Arlo as intuitive and user-friendly as possible. It, therefore, means a lot to hear our work makes a difference to you. Please reach out if there is anything else we can do.

Eve W.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Easy to learn, fast help when needed & efficient for clients

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

I save a lot of time with this product, it looks professional for our clients and shows information and data clearly.

Pros

How easy it is to use as an administrator, if I have a more technologically challenged client it is easy to walk them through the process of booking, and if they do not want to it is super fast for me to book for them! I find the send payment link option really helpful and saves me admin time.

Cons

I wish there was more flexibility in the automated email system and being able to alter what goes to the client. Not so much the content of the email but the ability to automatically stop the email from sending once the client has taken the steps the email asks them to do.

Response from Arlo

It's fantastic to hear that Arlo is saving you so much time, that is what we are all about! More control and flexibility around the automated emails is something we have on our product road map. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this, please reach out to our support team and they will be happy to help.

Bentley B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Arlo Event Management Software

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Daily administration of our training sessions. We can add and remove instructors from sessions base on availability or "Best Suited" for a course. Transfer students from one class to another and be able to track such movement.

Pros

The ease with which all employees started to use the software with minimum distraction or inability to find features. I believe that from the time I started using this software, my productivity and daily time management of classes, students and my resources have significantly been improved.

I also like the features that are from time to time implemented, but you are always given the chance to review these changes before they are implemented.

Most important for me, the quick turn around from Customer Support Team in resolving any issues (very few) that pop up once in a while.

Cons

There are absolutely nothing I can put here to say I don't like.

Lennie C.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Couldn't do without it!

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Pros

Arlo collates all of the information we need to run our events in the most efficient manner. It's customisable and easy to use. Reporting is a breeze too.

Cons

Not being able to upload documents has been something that has caused extra work. Also, being able to duplicate a template would be super-helpful when you need to incorporate a lot of existing information for a new course.

Response from Arlo

Thank you for the review Lennie, we really appreciate it! It's great to hear Arlo is helping you streamline your event administration and reporting tasks. Arlo includes the ability to upload documents to contacts, courses and the automated registration emails. We also use an event template system that makes running repeating or similar events easy. If you would like some help on how to best use these features please get in touch with our support team - [email protected]

Bridget K.

Great Software for Short Course Provider

Reviewed on 31/03/2017

For the past five years, I have used Arlo to help me organize an Adult Community Education Programme which attracted 1100 enrolments and delivered around 110 courses each year. I found the Arlo software was brilliant it reduced administration time significantly. Features I especially liked were the facility for students to pay for courses by credit card and automated receipts, course directions and course reminders. I found it easy to insert text and photos onto my website which was fantastic. A very important plus was that the help desk responded quickly when I needed to ask a question. My business is closing now - this is the only reason I am ceasing to use Arlo. I highly recommend Arlo to other education providers.

Pros

It reduced my administration time significantly.

Cons

It would have been good if I could have inserted videos. I was on the "Basic" plan. Not sure if other plans have this functionality.

Alice H.

My non-profit uses Arlo for event management for our camps and training events. It is great!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017

Pros

I really like the way they are always adding new features to the software. I love the integration with Xero and the simple processes for managing your events. As we do lots of different types of events, the flexibility to create your own fields & and reports is so helpful. The customer support is amazing, we have the email support package - which usually means someone from Asia emails you back a week later. No - at Arlo, New Zealand based staff answer the same day. They are really helpful with 'how to do this' queries - not just bug support.

Cons

The price - but I think that it does save on lots of admin time. It would be nice if it connected to Flo2Cash.

Tania M.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Course management made easy

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Overall this software meets our needs to manage over 400 courses and 8000 customers annually.

Pros

Arlo is so easy to use. The dashboard is always open to see what we are doing at all times. The mobile app is super handy for checking on things from off site. The automated communication feature save time and improve the professionalism.

Cons

I would like to see more functionally and customization around reporting on the Dashboard eg year on year comparisons. Also graphing options in the reporting. Reports into Excel do not also facilitate working with the data because of merge cells and extra co

Mandy C.

Outstanding Service from Arlo

Reviewed on 21/03/2017

We have been integrated various websites with Arlo lately and the support team are very helpful whenever I contact them. Get things Done!
Mandy Curtis - IVS Marketing Manager

Pros

Easy to integrate with various website platforms. The support staff (Arlo Developer who we have been dealing with) looks outside the box to come up with solutions.
Dashboard is great for a quick overview, things are easy to find. Reports provide valuable information and are easy to use. Love how it integrates easily with Survey Monkey and Mailchimp which we use regularly.

Cons

Nothing

Easy, helpful, fast

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

Pros

Arlo is very easy to use and the team is always on hand to help should we have any questions or additional changes we would like to make to our personalised system.
Some team members have taken the time to come and give us presentations on how to get the best out of the system which was really helpful.
Arlo is a great way for us to upload and keep track of our events. The reporting section is especially helpful for running data analysis.
The database is extremely helpful for storing details about centres - the full details of the school will populate from just a centre number.
Overall, the system has been great and I would definitely recommend for anyone who is thinking of using it.

Cons

You cannot change the event code once the event has been approved - this means you have to cancel the event and create a new one if there are any changes.

Jamuel E.

Great event management system

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

Integrating event registration with our website
Producing event reports in the specific manner we need
Easy and modern design needed for online registrations - especially as on of our goals was to transition to most of our event registrations being captured online
An easy to use system for our event administrators but with advanced functionality needed to cover all the different types of events we do and the information we need to capture.

Pros

Great reporting
Great way to manage events online
Excellent support - really easy ticket system and very quick resopnse. Very impressed by this
Ability to create custom registration forms - crucial to the wide range of events that we do

Cons

Not much customisation available for visual design unless you are willing to pay more to do some custom work.

Frances P.
Industry: Education Management

Intuitive, easy to use software platform

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

Pros

Easy and intuitive to use - constantly being developed and upgraded Arlo is the best education management and student management software I have used and I've used quite a few packages!

Cons

There are still areas for development - but I've been in touch with Arlo and am told that they are developing these extra features - such as the ability to mark attendance by class and being able to change multiple sessions on an event at once, if a tutor changes - but we look forward to these updates making Arlo even better!

Linda Z.

The software is customer friendly and quite powerful.

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

Pros

We use Arlo to organise the courses which run in our centre (registration, communication etc). I find out it is very easy to use Arlo once the courses have been setup. We have setup templates for all of our courses. We only need to make minor changes each year. Also, the customer services are efficient and professional.

Cons

I don't have anything to complain with. The functions of this software meet our needs. I am not the person to worry about the cost.

Elaine B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

We have had ARLO since July 2014 and it meets all our needs to date with a few modifications.

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

Less paperwork, more organising tools, and better tracking of events organised and held.
Ease of use for the registrants for events.
A great management tool for the whole process including reporting requirements

Pros

Lack of extra paperwork required to be done by administration, ease of use for the registrants who can now manage their own registrations and information

Cons

The CSV output file is messy and very limiting. I have to spend more time on tidying up to meet the requirements for accounts/reporting.

Jean B.

User friendly, very convenient and caters all the requirements of what a booking system should have.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017

Pros

Able to pull out all the registrant details in one excel sheet, no need for me to click one by one or going back and forth just to see the details i'm looking for. Everything are pretty straight forward.

Cons

when sending payment links, it only shows the email subject e.g. "Payment of ORD 123", the course name is not included on the subject heading that sometimes registrant has to come back at me and ask what is it for, esp for those who couldn't remember about it. Im not sure if there's an option to change/edit it, will appreciate if you could show me how to do that :)

Sue K.

I find the platform and service from the customer support team second to none.

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

The ability to train delivery partners quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Scheduling of courses is extremely quick due to using templates. It's an easy platform to train others how to use, I often Skype our partners and share my screen.

Cons

There's not much to not like, in fact I haven't any real issues at all. I occasionally find running reports a little frustrating but I'd say that's a 'user' issue rather than platform issue.