Rocketium

Professional video creation platform

4.6 /5 (69 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
Industry: Financial Services

Leading solution

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 5/08/2019

Pros

There’s stock quality videos available for free within the app, meaning you can quickly build professional looking videos with ease. This is a standout feature in this category. If you need to create cheap but good social video ads, I recommend this tool.

Cons

Mobile app is a good idea but needs a fair bit of work.

Luke S.
Industry: Internet
Company size: Self Employed

Getting a great response on social with Rocketium videos

Reviewed on 23/01/2017

I'm sure you are familiar with the online graphics app called Canva, it's great for making images for social media.

To me, Rocketium very much solves the same pain point but in video-format. Just as Canva enables 'anyone to become a designer' Rocketium allows anyone to become a 'video creator'.

For a long time I've seen how popular 'typographic' videos are on social, since they can be viewed (and read) whether or not the user has the sound on. This really hit home when I read that VaynerMedia had a whole division dedicated to captioning videos for their big-brand clients.

Of course, before I found your product, this would have been inconceivable, as there was no way to scale the video creation process effectively.

So far, I've made, perhaps three video versions of our blog posts using your product and click-through rates from Facebook to our website have doubled. It's such a stream-lined 'fill-in-the-gaps' approach that it only takes me about 12 minutes to create the video. ;-D

If I could change one thing I would add in the ability to reorder and sort the captions when creating the slides. Sometimes I enter them incorrectly or just want to change the order but the only way to do this (to my knowledge) is by cutting and pasting the text.

I'll definitely spread the word around in my community of around six thousand software-hungry subscribers over at 1WD.tv
I love it. I'm getting a great response on social with these videos.
Congrats on a great product and I look forward to using it much more in the new year.
And thanks for being so responsive. :-)

Pros

The ease of use - Rocketium is organized in a similar fashion to presentation software such as Google Slides or Powerpoint.
It just makes it 10x by empowering everyone with the brain and hands of a designer.

Cons

Just the ability to reorder and sort the captions when creating the slides.

Response from Rocketium

Hi Luke,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. Rocketium gives everyone the power to be a video creator without any prior experience!
We are glad to hear that the CTR rate from Facebook to your website has doubled. :)
We are currently working on the captions and are looking forward to see you use Rocketium further!

Industry: Publishing

It Keeps Getting Better

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 8/12/2018

Rocketium has grown a lot since I became a user of the product. I’m impressed with how much they’ve grown and I look forward to where they are heading in the future.

Pros

I really like how they are focusing on adding video templates for different industries and occasions. As someone who helps a news agency and helps non-profits, I’m pleased that they've added news and non-profit video templates.

Cons

The video editing process could be improved. I’m not a big fan of their two-step video editing process.

Ron elius S.

Rocketize your Content Marketing Effort

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 22/07/2019

Amazing!

Pros

The ease of use is what I love about Rocketium. The video templates cater to my chosen industry, and that’s a huge help for us because time is saved for customization not searching blindly in the age of information overwhelm.

Cons

Customization is limited for different templates but anyways, it's way better than a boring video that had no value in it.

Naveen D.

Give Rocketium the title of World's Easiest Tool to Create Social Media Video

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Pros

I love using rocketium !! They made the complex process of creating Videos in a matter of few minutes. I used to create videos using After Effects which used to take a really long time to create a single video but after using rocketium . I can pump out many videos in a matter of minutes. Thak you so much rocketium team.

Cons

I would never say this as a con but there are only a few templates in the basket but I strongly believe many templates are being baked and will be served hot and fresh soon to the rocketium customers.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Rocketium lets you create high quality videos

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 19/02/2019

Overall, I Rocketium has a solid place in my marketing toolbox.

Pros

Rocketium is a good product for creating videos from text and using video to teach.

The technology it uses makes you look really good, because it has lots of moving parts that make it seem you spent hours on the video.

It also has plenty of great templates

I made some videos and everyone loved them. It made me look really good!

It has built in music and tips about how to make your videos look good.
For the marketer who doesn't have a lot of time to mess around, its a great tool and I recommend it.

Cons

The user interface could be a little smoother. It has a lot of power though, so that is the trade off.

Shannon R.

Easiest Social Video Creation Software Around

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

I can create lots fo great looking social videos with no video editing experience

Pros

I love Rocketium! If you want to make cool social videos but lack the video editing skills, this is the tool for you. Simply add images/video and add your captions and their software will create great looking social videos for you. Comes with lots fo templates as well as free images, video and music clips you can use for free.

Cons

In order to make it very easy to use, you have limits on how you can much you can change the templates

Stephanie G.

for us it's the fastest way to create explaining videos and social media ads with custom branding

Reviewed on 11/05/2018

Pros

Multiple templates and asset library
fast rendering and ability to ad our own branding, videos and photos
easy way to create the right size video for facebook snapchat and instagram
love the idea of creating Buzzfeed like videos for my clients and for our own social media
super easy interface and easy to use features

Cons

Only 20 videos a moth for the professional paid tear
limited length on videos for the professional paid tear

Awesome tool to create social media videos

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

Easy to use tool for creating Social Media videos

Pros

Encountered Rocketium as an Appsumo Customer and have been pleasured to this service for creating social media videos for our facebook page.

Cons

I still they have a long way in adding many features to become one of the best video-making tools, Starting from their pre-made templates.

Tadej L.

Great app great functionality

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

Pros

Great app great functionality works wonderfully for social media videos and for presentational purposes.

Cons

That the appsumo deal went to fast and we now have to pay monthly installments which is a pitty would be great if they answer me to email and give the option

Really fast and convenient video creator

Reviewed on 8/06/2018

We are now creating videos, which before we didn't have time to produce :)

Pros

I love the fact it comes with a huge video and image library, and you can just put together a decent looking video in less than half an hour complete with music and buzzfeed style transitions.

Cons

It would be great if we could upload our own fonts at the pro-level membership, also would be great if rocketium could broker more deals to include more free video assets. Also would be great to get access to HD 1080 output instead of 720p, maybe this could be a perk of the professional membership and up.

Sergio P.

Rocketium Review

Reviewed on 26/01/2017

Overall, Rocketium is a great tool to quickly create videos with text overlay. However, the platform is not as flexible as more professional programs, such as Premier.

Response from Rocketium

Hi Sergio,
Thank you for your feedback!
We will definitely work on making the platform much more flexible than it is. User experience is our topmost priority!

Miguel P.

Good way to make easy videos

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Good way to make easy videos

Pros

- you have access to stock images and videos
- you can export your videos in 720p quality
- you can choose between more than 100 different fonts to use in your videos

Cons

- you have a limited number a videos per month (depending on your plan)
- you do not templates, but rather styles to use in your video
- you cannot export in 1080p

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

André L.
Industry: Online Media
Company size: Self Employed

Rocketium is worth the investment

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 22/07/2019

Pros

How fast we can have a video created and all the options it presents.

Cons

It could have more templates to choose from.

Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Easy and nice videos

Used Monthly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 19/03/2019

I highly recommand rocketium. I produced a little video to present our organisation in one hour and the result was really nice and professionnal.

Pros

very easy to use, and good flexibility in the choice of options

Cons

not possible to add more than one media to a scene

Carl M.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Excellent tool for getting started with videos

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 5/04/2018

Pros

Rocketium made it easy to get into the video world. With plenty of templates, royalty-free music and images, it was easy to create an attractive video in very little time. It's intuitive to use and editing was a snap. Glad I got it and will be using it regularly.

Cons

I wish there were more templates and that it were easier to edit the templates that do exist. Would also like to "mix and match" designs from different templates.

William R.
Industry: Online Media

Great platform for creating programatic videos

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

We needed to quickly create thousands of videos, and the Rocketium team was helpful in setting us up to do that.

Pros

The API makes it easy to generate video files at scale. Rocketium was able to translate our video template into a design and JSON format, so that we could creates many videos with unique content. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from the custom success team is very helpful in troubleshooting issues and helping our team get results.

Cons

A few parts of the API documentation were a bit confusing, but the customer success team helped clarify.

Abhishek G.

Being a content writer and blogger, this app is a great boon!

Reviewed on 22/05/2017

Pros

Rocketium helps me convert my written content into very interesting videos. I can add images, clips, and music to my content and spice it up. It has helped me produce some fun and quality content which gets much more reach and clicks than just a written blog. Having no designing and video editing background, the UI was pretty simple and I was good to go from minute 1. The set themes pretty much cover all the applications and I can customize them even further. Love the app! It's made my life much easier.

M umar F.

Amazing First Video

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 25/04/2019

I used it to create a video slideshow for my client. Worked out pretty well for me. Was able to create the video that my client loved, in half an hour.

Pros

Being a guy with no prior experience in making slideshows and videos, Rocketium made it feel like a piece of cake. With easy to use interface, I can make as many changes as required. And a lot to of room to play with.

Cons

I think the load time for saving changes is bit lengthy.

Thomas W.
Industry: Computer Software

Make Buzzfeed-style video without expensive tools

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 29/05/2018

Easy-to-use video making tool without video-authoring skills.

Pros

With Rocketium, I can create videos for my startup without expensive tools and specialized video-editing skills. It's cookie-cutter, but so are most videos on social media.

Cons

Since it's template-based, it can be quite limiting if I want to be more creative with my design. Not necessarily a bad thing, since the template is industry best practice.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Abhinav A.

Useful, easy-to-create video making tool

Reviewed on 31/01/2017

I have been using Rocketium since some time now. It is a helpful tool and can be used by anyone who is inexperienced at video creation. The Rocketium team is doing a good job.
Now trying it for personal projects and it is definitely working for me. Would certainly recommend!

Rick S.

Make pro-looking videos in minutes

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

Fast and easy video creation

Pros

Love that it allows you to create videos using their templates and your own images or video clips, add music, animations, etc - all without taking hundreds of hours of time

Cons

Limited creative freedom on positioning of text/logos, only a few fonts available, making it difficult to match client brands accurately

Industry: Financial Services

Great video tool

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 20/03/2019

Pros

Quick load time
Good set of templates

Cons

They can add more template categories as well.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Leah P.

I am eager to get better at using this software

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 30/04/2018

Pros

I like mostly the confidence that the entrepreneur community has in this product. It lets me know that once I get the hang of it, it will be well worth the investment.

Cons

I had a hard time creating a relevant video because honestly there were too many options. For newbies, I think a better understanding and an intuitive way to implement templates would be amazing.

Cheryl S.

Reviewed on 24/01/2017

My experience with Rocketium has been great, the software is very easy to use. I hope to make many more videos with it!

Response from Rocketium

Hi Cheryl,
Thank you so much for the feedback!
We hope to see many more videos from you soon :)