talech

Increase sales and grow your business with talech POS

4 /5 (312 reviews) Write a Review!
3.8
3.7
4.1
Judy S.
Industry: Hospitality

Not fully baked for a full service restaurant

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

Can order from the table.

Pros

I like that the software utilizes iPads at table side, enabling orders to get entered and executed more rapidly than with a stationary POS.

Cons

I don't like that it is not ready for use in restaurants, and that our training session was with someone who barely knew the basics of the software. There are so many features that are missing that are basic to restaurant utility. It is not solid like 2touch, the software we were using previously. We have had to struggle through problems, some of which have been addressed and fixed by the developers and some of which have not.
Training was poor, and there's no manual, just isolated pages. After months we JUST learned that we can void a payment by swiping left on the payment. Perhaps there should be some visual clue to show this possibility.
We are using EMV, and there's no way to swipe to start a tab for a customer. Even if it doesn't use the credit card for charging, being able to swipe to start a tab with the customer's information would be helpful in our busy bar.
The chip readers and the iPads are daily becoming unsync'd (bluetooth) for no good reason and have to be re-sync'd.
There is no way to schedule or send a daily emailed report at closing time, and there's no way to customize a report for our team.
Comps have not been thought through. We were told to use house accounts, which did not work correctly for tax reasons, then told to use discounts, which we are now using. Party deposits have not been thought through. We were told to create a product and a discount for deposits, but will be using house accounts.
There's more but I'm at limit.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Gary S.
Industry: Entertainment

It works well for us

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

We are, overall, very pleased with the Talech system. That's why we continue to use it.

Pros

We replaced our old, out-dated cash registers with the Talech system and are now able to accept credit cards at every location without the need for seperate credit card machines. We like to ability to show or hide icons based on user need.

Cons

Updates are sometimes required for the software to work, of which, we receive no notice. We also use the ELO stations and the I-pad loses connection with the blue tooth printer more frequently than should happen. It is usually an easy reset, but frustrating when you are busy and customers have to wait.

Ginny S.
Company size: Self Employed

This Small Business Owner Is Happy!

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

I have been using Elo PayPoint and Talech for almost two years and I have be 110% pleased about the choice I made. My business had grown to the point where I needed a better way to manage sales, track inventory, review reports and continue to elevate the customer experience as a whole. Talech was the solution. The system is user friendly. Customer Service support is awesome. And I am happy. There is enough stressors in running a small business, my point-of-sale isn't one of them.

Pros

Ease of use, accurate reporting, appearance

Cons

The auto-correct when entering Custom Items. It's sneaky and changes a word to a more common one so I end up with interesting items on a receipt/report.

Response from talech

We're so happy to have you as a happy and long-time customer, Ginny. Thanks for sharing what is working and what could be better for you. I have passed along your feedback to the team. Please continue to share with us. We love hearing from you!

Edouard moyal M.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Bad software update
You why do you change something that's working and make it more complicated and less friendly I know you have to justify your people salary but not by screwing up what's working

Pros

It's a very good software and very friendly and easy to use there is some small problem then we can correct

Cons

I had no problem with the software before but now since your updated you change the whole face of the program and before you do that you need to find out for what type of business this program is good for or not very bad move for us it's not good

Response from talech

Edouard, thank you for your review and feedback, A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve but has not been able to get a hold of you. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Archibald S.
Industry: Restaurants

pretty good but needs improvement

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

the inventory system needs to be able to add recipes for drinks to help with inventory. The use of the screens is very nice and easy to use. Customer service is never there and is hard to get a call back in the heat of the problem and is a real drag when things go down and no one answers. Also, if the wifi goes out there needs to be a way to process the cards and put them in a queue until it comes back so customers cards won't be lost and will process later.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

customer service... recipes aren't allowed to take away from inventory if the recipe takes more than one liquor

Response from talech

Thanks for your review, Archibald. I've passed your feedback to the product and support teams. A member of the talech team has reached out to learn more about your recent challenges and see how we can help. Please respond at your convenience. We'd love to hear more from you. Thank you for being a talech customer.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Audrey F.

Needs work

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

The system needs some work. The interface is easy to navigate if you have a basic knowledge of computers. However it frequently crashes because of the numerous updates it seems to require, getting someone on the phone with knowledgeable help is frustrating, and your limited to what you can do on the app as well as the card reader that will go with the tablet. I'd also like to be able to do more of the things I can do on the tablet in the online version.
I would recommend this system if your hard wired into your internet.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Limitations and constant upgrades that really don't seem to do anything. Also updates that change things without being made aware of first.

Response from talech

Thank you for the review and honest feedback, Audrey. We are sorry to hear that you've been frustrated with the product and crashes. I've shared your feedback with the team. We'd love to chat with you more in detail if you are willing. Please let us know. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for being a talech customer.

Nicholas B.

Excellent Software and Service

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Switched from another system that gave us so many problems. What a difference! Talech is intuitive and easy to use. Every system has its technical issues. The technical issues we have experienced with Talech are minimal, and actually get fixed over time! Technical support is also second to none! I get a person on the phone within a reasonable amount of time, day or night; and they can actually adequately assess, explain or fix my issue. Extremely satisfied! I would definitely recommend, and have done so!!

Pros

Intuitive, easy to use
Minimal technical issues
Great technical support

Cons

Latest update is good, but a little "clunky". Imagine things will get straightened out over time.

Response from talech

Nicholas, thank you so much for being a talech customer and for recommending us to others. We're so happy to hear you are pleased with our product and our customer service! Please continue to share any feedback with us...like with the new app. We appreciate hearing from you.

Lorna W.
Industry: Consumer Services

Technical support team are awesome

Reviewed on 3/12/2016

I have been with talech for almost 3 yrs and customer service is there to help you especially when you're not a technology updated and they are there to help you step by step to make sure that we as the customer are satisfied with the service and it never changed a bit since I've been with them. Thank you, Talech continue to work with passion and you will be blessed each day with good clients.

Pros

The client's record for bookkeeping and the part that you can make a note in each client's file.

Cons

To much extra stuff, we don't need
Simplicity is better for older people

Response from talech

Lorna, thank you for writing a review. We're so glad to hear that talech is working for you. And our support team has been so helpful. Please reach out any time! We appreciate having you as a customer.

Sandy O.

Simply awesome!

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

The talech cash register has made a huge difference for our business! There are so many features we love about this product! We purchased for two of our businesses! The customer support is the best I've ever dealt with in my 34 years of doing business! Love it!

Pros

Ease in entering new products. Search functionality.

Cons

Would like to be able to change wages for employee to something other than hourly.

Response from talech

Thanks so much for being a customer and writing a review, Sandy. We're so happy to hear that things have been going well for you and customer support has been a delight. Thanks for the feedback on employee wage needs. I've gone ahead and shared this with the product team. Please keep sharing - we love to hear from you!

Debbie S.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

My Talech Review

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

I have been using Talech for just under 2 years now. Some of the things about it are great, and some are really bad. The reports do not give enough information for a retail business. I have been asking for almost 2 years to have an improvement made to the "notes" part of the reports and get no feedback or improvements. Generally the reporting needs the most improvement.

Pros

Easy to add products

Cons

Reporting information - not enough information and hard to use

Response from talech

Thanks for writing a review and sharing, Debbie. A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Cassie B.

Just Okay Experience

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

We have used it for a year and a half at two locations. It works fine for every day retail use. I've been most frustrated with the service we've been provided. There have been system glitches that have happened that we were not given notice of or apologies for. I understand the need for system upgrades but a lot of times we found they were being tested on the weekends when we are the most busy and found our systems to be shut down or our customers were charged double.

Pros

easy to use, program,

Cons

poor communication about testing. Service always blamed the credit card processor or vice versus

Response from talech

Thank you for your feedback, Cassie. We love hearing from customers about what can be better. Austin, a senior product manager, has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with him.

T. S.

Talech - Terrible Service

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Talech...I wish we had never purchased their equipment for our bar! When there are issues customer service is rude and simply reads a script. No immediate resolution. I have requested return call... no call. Frustrating.

Pros

Cons

Customer service is terrible.

Response from talech

T - thank you for letting us know. We apologize that you have not had a good experience with the product or customer service. We'd love to learn more about your challenges and how we can help. Someone from our team has reached out to speak with you and help. Please respond at your convenience by phone or email so we can make things right.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Dan M.

Talech review

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Overall a nice program with continual improvements. the latest version is much nicer. For QSR it would be nice to have a faster flow for order specifications. there often feels like there are too many taps needed to complete a process.

Pros

reasonable pricing, easy to customize

Cons

can lag a bit and frequent disconnect between device and printer.

Response from talech

Thanks for writing a review and for being a talech customer, Dan! I have shared your feedback about flow and speed with the product team. Please continue to share feedback that would help your business. We love to hear from you.

Previn J.
Industry: Consumer Goods

bumps can be bumpy

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

great POS to capture real time inventory.
can be a hassle to input inventory into the system if you get a bulk. something needs to be done to make that a transition rather then only being able to input things thru the website then the ipad itself.

other then that i mean its easy, helps you keep track and can help you run your business smooth and efficiently. great features that gives you graphs and data to keep track of your business as well.

Pros

keeping track of inventory

Cons

inputting inventory when they come in

Andy S.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Talech app is awesome.

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

I love my talec app! The register option works great for my specialty boutique, and online support is great. I do however wish that the folks I have to go through to use this product at Elevon would get their act together.

Pros

Talec is awesome

Cons

Having to go through Elevon to use it. Please find different representation in Wisconsin. Elevon is doing you a large disservice.

Response from talech

Thanks so much for being a talech customer and writing a review, Andy! We're thrilled to hear that you love talech and the support team. If you have any feedback about the app, especially with latest update, please let us know. We'd love to hear your thoughts.

Jean-claude C.

restaurant pad

Reviewed on 24/08/2019

Pros

I like it a lot, but the wait staff doesn't care for and they want to use another system,

Cons

1/ never know when the system is updated, why an email is not send
2/ Software issue on categories not resolved for weeks now
3/ limited help on the weekend
4/ too difficult to split check once the ticket is done, too much time for the wait staff

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Hugh M.
Industry: Entertainment

Good program, needs a few tweeks.

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

I would like off-line processing, but the set-up is easy and it's easy to use. Online report graphs need to be expanded to handle longer date-ranges. Graphs are visually nice, just need more date-range to be useful.

Response from talech

Thanks for the review, Hugh. I've shared your feedback about reporting with the product team. Please continue to share your thoughts with us. We love hearing from you! And are so happy to have you as a customer. Thanks!

Karen R.

Store Owner

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Being a new business and needed to have that phone call tech support was what sold me. the Tech support person directions were always easy to follow and understand! Does not matter what time of day or if it is week end. always hands on.

Pros

easy to use

Cons

consignment stores require additional software supports

Response from talech

Thank you for the feedback and review, Karen! We're so happy to hear that customer support has been such a great partner to you.

I've passed along your feedback regarding consignment store needs. If you could share a bit more detail about what features/functionality you are seeking, it would be helpful!

Diane D.
Industry: Farming

Great POS!

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

We use Talech seasonally and we think it's great. We have several stations where we use a POS so it is great that they can all work together if we need support a real person is always there to help.

Pros

Inventory tracking and reports

Cons

Some products can't be added together in reports when they are in different categories

Response from talech

Thanks for being a customer and writing a review, Diane! We are glad to hear that the product is working well for you. I've shared your feedback with the product team. If there is any additional detail or thoughts you'd like to share, please do. We love to hear from you!

Shane P.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

My overall experience with Talech has been exceptional. The app was easy to learn and the constant updates are great. I really love that you have the ability to customize everything to your liking. The inventory and employee tracking are superb.

Pros

The ease of use. I never have any problems training new employees to use the app.

Cons

Not many cons that I can think of.

Response from talech

Shane - thank you for being a talech customer and writing us a review. We're so glad that you are happy with talech. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any feedback - we love hearing from you.

Mary W.
Company size: Self Employed

Customer service is great!

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

No matter what day it is week day or weekend, customer support has always been there to walk me through what ever challenge I am dealing with. Whether it was my misunderstanding or a system problem or something as simple as updating talech. Thank you!

Pros

Cons

Would like a notification when to run updates

Response from talech

Mary - thank you for your business and your glowing review. We're so happy to hear that you have been having a great experience and that customer support has been there for you. That's what we want to provide to you! Please don't hesitate to reach out any time you need us!

Toni C.

good basic register system

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

This register system has been easy to train new employees on, is simple and good value. I have used for almost a year and have not had any difficulty or down time related to the system. Works well on Ipad, I like how can use 2 Ipads and tied into each other to transfer orders when needed.

Pros

Can use more than one Ipad,, tierd in to each other, ease of touchscreen use.

Cons

Not enough metrics and flexability for data

Response from talech

Toni - thank you for writing a review and providing feedback. I shared your request for more data and flexibility with the product team. If you have specific metrics you'd like to see or other features that would help your business, please reach out and let us know. We love hearing from you. Thanks for being a customer!

Heather F.

Not a tec savvy gal

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

I feel like every time I want to know something new I need to set up an appointment to be educated I wish it was a little bit easier to find things I still haven't even figured out how to print out a monthly report so there's things it needs to be easier but all in all it holds my entire store inventory and my customers like the professional look
I've been using the machine for a year now

Pros

The inventory tracking and the receipts

Cons

hard to find what I need to learn such as reports

Response from talech

We appreciate hearing from you, Heather. We are sorry to hear that things are not working for you the way you need them. A member of our product team has reached out to set up a time to chat and learn more. Please reply at your convenience. We'd love to help!

Sarah B.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Talech Reviewer

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Overall Talech is an easy to use POS system. However, the rates are too expensive for us to keep up with and customer care can't always explain why something can't be fixed or changed.

Pros

Easy to use register and website

Cons

The Credit Card rates are too high and cost the company a lot of money.

Response from talech

Thank you for writing a review, Sarah. We'd be happy to chat about things that are challenging for you or that we could do better. Please reach out to us anytime - we're here to help and would love to make things better for you.

Christopher S.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

airweave, LLC

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

The platform is not quite a fit for our type of business. I could see it working well in a single clothing boutique or cafe.

Pros

ease of everyday use.

Cons

sales by item reports do not fit my needs

Response from talech

Thanks for writing a review and providing feedback, Christopher. A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and see how talech can work better for you and your business. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!