ClickUp

4.6 (4,155)
Write a Review!
Project management, task tracking, & professional goal tools

(4,155)
4.6/5
4.6/5
4.3/5
4.5/5

Denise
Denise

It allows flexible team cooperation on daily activities

Reviewed on 9/06/2022

Organization of a little project. It sits perfectly in the middle of the two extremes: too basic and too complex. When it comes to connecting chores and keeping track of them all in one location, there is no limit to the possibilities. To have all my work documented correctly, it's nice that you can insert comments and embeds, even Genially.

Pros

All of the templates and their adaptability give a clear picture of the possibilities. Fortunately, the Clickup university and other resources, such as videos, make a wealth of learning readily available. This makes it simpler for me to keep track of the many projects on which my team is currently working, allowing me to better allocate resources and time.

Cons

Even if you think you're on a subpage of a document, it might be difficult to tell. It's difficult to see the differences between two templates with the same name.

Lucien

ClickUp is a must for high performing teams who value execution

Reviewed on 6/05/2024

I couldn't imagine our company without ClickUp. It continually enables us to power execution across a fast growing scale up and it continues to deliver on it's mission of a super platform with an incredible depth of features tools like Asana simple do not have.

Pros

ClickUp has an incredible depth of features that very few other project management tools can match. They have such a vast array of features which empowers us to stop needing different platforms for different things. The ClickUp team is clearly world-class when it comes to shipping features and this stands out.

Cons

ClickUp can be very buggy and you need to routinely refresh to see changes you may have made which is frustrating. This is the downside of a business that introduces features rapidly which is a positive and a negative

Chris

A Pleasant Surprise Over Jira

Reviewed on 5/10/2023

My journey from Jira to ClickUp has been unexpectedly positive. ClickUp offers a user-friendly experience and cost-effectiveness that we appreciate, even though it may not be as feature-rich as Jira.

Pros

I've been using Jira for quite some time, but recently, I decided to give ClickUp a try, and to my surprise, it's been a delightful experience. ClickUp's user interface is refreshingly simple and intuitive, making it easy for everyone on my team to get on board. One of its standout features is its affordability, which is a breath of fresh air, especially for smaller teams. ClickUp may not have all the bells and whistles of Jira, but it offers a solid set of project management features that are more than sufficient for our needs. The integration options are pretty decent too, allowing us to connect with the tools we rely on.

Cons

While ClickUp has been a pleasant surprise, it's not without its limitations. It may not match Jira's extensive project management capabilities, which can be a drawback for larger, more complex projects. Additionally, the reporting and analytics features aren't as robust as those in Jira, but they do get the job done. Integration with other tools, while adequate, lacks the seamless experience you'd find with Jira and its ecosystem.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Chris! 👋

Thank you so much for taking the time to share details about your experience. We're thrilled to hear that your transition from Jira to ClickUp was simple and pleasant!

Our Support experts would love to learn more about the project management, reporting, and integration capabilities that you have been unable to accomplish in ClickUp compared to Jira. There may be some ClickUp features you haven't explored yet that can handle these needs, and they will be able to provide tips, tricks, and recommendations tailored to your unique use case!

We're growing 1% every day and look forward to providing you with even more value as we continue to develop. 🪴

JACOB

ClickUp the Do-Everything-Tool That Excels at Running Projects for Your Business

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Great. Been using it since before the pandemic for my business and others, and will continue for years to come.

Pros

ClickUp is flexible, powerful, and intuitive. When I think of what good software feels like, it's this.

Tasks are easier to manage in ClickUp over Notion, and yet it keeps all the same docking features. All of the other PM tools lack the range ClickUp has of tools and capability.

Don't like this UI, boom switch the views. Need more space for data, boom custom fields. Need these in another place, boom automations. It's so good, I've switched a few clients to clickup for their CRM because it's a better fit than most marketed CRM's.

Cons

It has a tendency to break, especially in app. There's still some UI bloat that slows down navigation. The base of almost everything being a "task" is unintuitive for some types of records, even though you can relabel.

Sometimes things move slower than others. And the sales team has gotten harder to work with and get in touch as the product has matured

Trello , monday.com and Notion

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Way better tool stack. Awesome pricing overall. Great way of pushing through objectives.
Maria Fernanda

Click up help my business to automate more than 10 processes

Reviewed on 4/06/2024

Pros

How to start? Click up not only saves my time more than 3 hours per week of manual workload, it also helps me track my team progress in each task I can give them.
This tool is truly useful, so useful that now I also use it for my personal life. I'm a huge fan!

Cons

I wish everybody could use again the option to program task creation.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

User experience and the team's preference.

Asana
Adam
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Clickup is an ideal platform for project management.

Reviewed on 13/05/2024

I have had a very nice and great experience with Clickup. It has ton of features to use and it seamlessly integrates with other softwares such as Microsoft Outlook, Gmail etc.

Pros

I have been using Clickup for more than 6 years and it has been of great help. It is one of the best tool for project management and it allows you to engage and interact with coworkers. I like how it allows me to manage, organize and plan my daily tasks with ease.

Cons

Clickup is amazing, robust and exceptional. Only that for new users, Clickup can be a little bit confusing to get started.

Maneck

Click it up on business Management and workflow productivity.

Reviewed on 16/05/2024

ClickUp is really helpful on projects management work planning and customer services. I work in a department where customer services is core and with this amazing tool I have managed to achieve my targets.

Pros

The dashboard provide a great workspace for customer services and team work projects.
Simple user interface and always on the check on business progress for better productivity.

Cons

On performance it has worked well I have nothing on the least.

A must-have tool for teams

Reviewed on 31/05/2024

Overall, it's an excellent tool for collaboration within team members.

Overall, it's an excellent tool for collaboration within team members.

Pros

It's easy to be organized with tasks and projects planning. You can customize it based on your preference and your team can easily adapt to the changes.

Cons

There's no option to have offline access to the tasks. Also, sometimes, the updates on the desktop is not in sync with ClickUp on mobile.

• Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great for Monitoring.

Reviewed on 25/05/2024

Overall, it's good when they solve the mobile issue, it will be better.

Overall, it's good when they solve the mobile issue, it will be better.

Pros

I like the colorful design and how it incentivize us to use it more

Cons

I do face a lot of accessibility issues on mobile.

Lishi
Lishi

ClickUp is a very flexible product to use

Reviewed on 27/05/2024

Pros

Like most: Task and Project management
Not so much: Calendar.

Cons

It needs some time to learn how to make the most of it.

Practical alternative for small teams on a limited budget

Reviewed on 11/08/2019

Pros

- Free hosted version available
- Can organize tasks into different lists
- Good amount of flexibility with custom statuses and lists
- Easy to import existing data from lots of other tools

Cons

- Rigid hierarchy of spaces / projects / lists is unnecessary for smaller projects and potentially limiting for larger ones
- Transitioning tasks between lists isn't as smooth as it could be

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

I didn't like that there wasn't a natural way to filter data down in Trello. I wanted to be able to maintain a backlog separately from tasks I was actively working on to avoid cluttering up the view. However, in Trello, the only options were to use different lists, which can't be hidden, or to use separate boards completely, which was too disjointed for my liking. ClickUp was a better fit for this workflow.J

Trello

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

I considered JIRA among other options because it has good functionality for managing a backlog separately from active works in progress. The hosted version is cheap and they do have a self-hosted version that doesn't have a recurring fee, but I was trying to avoid paying a monthly fee and I didn't have a spare machine available for the self-hosted version. ClickUp gave me the functionality I was looking for without having to pay a monthly fee, so it was a better choice for me.
Katie
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Love ClickUp

Reviewed on 15/04/2022

I've been using ClickUP for 2+ years, and am very pleased with the product, and for the features included at a very reasonable price. I look forward to some autoamtion updates, but overall I'm so glad for this tool as my business hub.

Pros

ClickUp is the spot for all your business projects, project management, managing a remote team, etc. I have been able to grow and scale my business because of ClickUp.

Cons

Some of the automations have been clunky recently. Could use a few improvements there, along with the mobile app.

Trello , monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Asana didn't have the repeating transactions like I needed.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Better overall features and had needed annual tasks setup I needed. I manage events and have things that have to happen at the same time each year, and ClickUP set that up the best.
Jessica
Jessica

It's simple to use, has a nice UI, and makes it simple to collaborate

Reviewed on 29/05/2022

We were able to get all of our teams on the same page by using ClickUp. I enjoy ClickUp because it offers an app that I can use on my mobile device to keep track of my activities.. You may add subtasks, a description, and a priority to each task. It's a really user-friendly UI. In addition, the images and colors used are tasteful. It makes tedious tasks more bearable.

Pros

Using ClickUp, many teams may collaborate on the same project/task from a single location. To have those in command and those who only need to be informed of what is going on without taking any tangible measures is wonderful. Team members don't meet in person, which might lead to misunderstandings about work procedures.

Cons

There's a learning curve because there are so many options and options for customization. Getting the hang of it and making full use of it might take some time. The functionality of several of the features has been reduced to a "minimum viable product," thus they still require improvement.

Anastacia

ClickUp Works!

Reviewed on 21/09/2022

Overall ClickUp is the one-stop shop for all things related to task, time, and project management. Our company doesn't have to go out and get a tool for time management in addition to project management. Nope, everything is all bundled into one large system and it makes it so much easier to become familiar with.

Pros

I love that this tool offers so very many solutions for my company's needs. From employee time tracking to task management to project communication, the platform is terrific! It enables everyone from upper management to entry-level to be held accountable for the overall workflow and success of our clients. ClickUp has so many features that you can get a little lost in the shuffle but it gives the peace of mind that it'll do whatever you need it to so long as you spend a little time in the system setting it up the way you need it.

Cons

It can be a little too easy to get lost if you use a lot of features and boards as our company does. This is why we designated specific individuals to be in charge of the management of that department/ area of service within the ClickUp management system.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Anastacia!

We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying a productivity boost with ClickUp!

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all!

Kelly M
Kelly M

Excellent when monitoring projects with our work team

Reviewed on 27/12/2022

Since switching to ClickUp, we've been able to record our internal procedures and processes within the software itself. One of the most useful features is the ability to attach relevant files and webpages to a specific project, list, or folder. Team members can keep their conversations related to a certain job or project using the chat function.

Pros

ClickUp enables teams to stay in sync by facilitating collaboration on a single activity where all participants can see each other's contributions, comments, and status updates.

Cons

When staff are involved in many projects at once, as well as having schedules that involve repeated activities, it can be difficult to keep everyone on the same page with regard to their own agendas. As a result, the project manager will appreciate the added flexibility of calendar management.

Response from ClickUp

Hey Kelly! Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate the feedback! ����

We're also available to help anytime! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you'd like workflow suggestions that may help you manage your staff and multiple projects. ����

Melanie
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

The Name Says it All

Reviewed on 12/06/2023

Pros

I not only recommend this to clients as a consultant, I actually use it for managing my own projects. I really love having an all in one solution for managing tasks that allowed for some creativity and versatility. Click up has a great deal of functionality and features, some of which I’m still learning to master so while it can seem overwhelming, they make work flow processes far less daunting. Customer service has been great the few time’s I’ve had issues. Love the integrations available but need to master use.

Cons

The learning curve is a bit more steep if you desire to maximize functionality/use. I have yet to use all of the functions but of what I have used, there isn’t much I don’t like. Learning to manage notifications was key because of the frequency but overall no complaints.

monday.com , Asana and Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Cost and the number of free features that competitors charged for, Functionality and Features, Nonprofit discount and Automations plus MindMaps and Checklists were cherries on top

Smartsheet
Christian
Christian
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Clickup Helps me manage my weekly tasks

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

Our organization could not have automated task management or cross-functional project management without Clickup's assistance. Organization-wide capacity planning has also benefited from this.

Pros

ClickUp has been an invaluable tool in assisting me to manage my time effectively and remain on top of my many responsibilities at work, in school, and in my personal life. You can add tasks without switching windows thanks to a handy Google Chrome widget.

Cons

The controls on the dashboard are finicky and will require some practice. All the teams have problems with this particular area of integration and application. I wish I could sync the calendar with my calendar on Google more easily. It seems that just the distinction between tasks and subtasks is communicated.

Cherry
  • Industry: Photography

For artists and small business owners, best of my top 5

Reviewed on 25/03/2019

I hope they will keep on making it better, I want to see this app thrive, and as my business grow, I am interested to join more advanced plan.

Pros

I tried Monday, Quora, Trello, and Asana, I was going to paid for Asana and I asked a few photogrpaher friends. Someone suggested ClickUp. The name sounds too basic for me I thought, but then I realised it’s very similar to Asana, but easier to see everything. For someone who is dyslexic and easily get lost in a sea of words, Clickup’s layout helps me to keep multiple projects organised.

My challenge of finding the right organisational app is that I am doing the sales and marketing, social media, providing the service and getting the money from clients. I need an app that allows me see different layers of project and be able to put them into calendar EASILY. It will list out tasks that don’t have a due date yet.

You can put the starting date, due date and estimated time.

What I need most is goal setting, it has multi style goals you can set. This is a paid service on Asana.

This app although has some minor problems, but it’s just mild inconveniences. I love how they sneakily look at other apps and what they are doing right and what they are lacking. I feel like other apps are just shutting their eyes and designing something that they love.

This app is simple to use, as an artist and a small business owner, this app helps me to feel in control of a mountain of minor tasks.

Cons

Calendar is my least impressed function. It’s so difficult to create a block of time and assign a task to the time. There are so many buttons to click and you need to press “done” after inputting the date or time value, if you forget, which you will, because no other calendars work that way, you will mess up the start and back due date, then you will have to start doing it all over again. I stop using this task to calendar function because of how clumsy it is. I wish it can be more like google calendar. Drag a block of time, you can shorten it or lengthen it. Yes, on ClickUp, if you wish to change the time you have set you need to do the clumsy process all over again. It wastes so much time.

I love the start and due dates value, but I would also love the actual working date/time value.
Because the prospect may contact me on 2019/03/23 at 12:00 and the project must finish (due date) by 2019/04/22 at 13:00; I may actually just work On:
2019/03/28 13:00-18:00 photo shoot
2019/03/29 11:00-14:00 editing
2019/04/12 15:00-18:00 final edit
I wish there is a time log.

You can see your tasks on google calendar, but you won’t see your google calendar events on Clickup’s calendar.

Sometimes the buttons are not that responsive, I have to click a few times for the radius button to be clicked on the check list.

Which checklist and to do list look similar but they each has a different set of function, I wish they just combined them.

Cameron

Power and flexibility in an ever evolving production management package

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Pros

Very flexible and versatile. Tons of customization options. Love that there's so many ways to view and work with tasks with such ease. It really is a swiss army knife that can take on the heavy lifting of so many other tools so it's exciting to be able to consolidate and simplifying some of the stack. The recently added automations are a great step towards even more power. I also love that they release new features every single week so it evolves very quickly and the transparent roadmap and voting system make it easy to help shape the product.

Cons

Because there is so many features the UI can be pretty overwhelming and inconsistent. I also find it very slow and sometimes buggy despite appearing deceptively lightweight. There's some limitations when it comes to access/permissions that might be an issue for enterprise level applications. The way custom fields are handled is absolutely terrible and unwieldy so make sure you "measure twice, cut once" when setting things up.

Wrike , Asana and Shortcut

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Honest Review of Clickup

Reviewed on 28/01/2022

Click up is a project management system designed to be a one stop shop of task management apps. It offers reminders, calendars, goals, live messaging and tonnes of customization options. clickup is popular with small businesses because of its competitive price point. But it offers options to scale up for enterprise sized companies.

Click up has four pricing options all with an increasing amount of features and customization options. Its free version lets you make unlimited tasks and have an unlimited number of members working on task management a free trial is available for both the unlimited and business pricing options. Each of those options boasts more features including external guests and permissions, unlimited integrations, Custom Fields and Custom exporting. There's also an enterprise option for larger companies that need things like single sign on a dedicated success manager and a full training programme
Clickup comes with a number of features to help you manage projects clickup a bread and butter are its task management features allowing you to easily arrange your tasks in a hierarchy of spaces, folders and lists. Each of these tasks was customizable to best suit the needs of your group and each task can have its own subtasks and checklists nested within click on it goes out of its way to give you all the tools you need to really customise the system for your business. You can build your own automation and triggers to move things along quickly and efficiently.

Pros

•Huge amount of features,apps and intergrations
•24/7 support
•Numerous training videos

Cons

•Steep learning curve for new users
•The live chart feature is a bit lacking

Response from ClickUp

Hey, there!

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review!

We're happy to hear that you are enjoying the many features of ClickUp!

We have quite a few options to help you get more familiar with ClickUp if you still need assistance!

ClickUp University is the best way to learn ClickUp fundamentals. It is free, on-demand, and your team can access it 24/7! You can learn more about ClickUp University and sign up here: https://university.clickup.com/!

Please feel free to reach out to us via chat or email at [email protected] to discuss the available resources.

Kia
  • Industry: Insurance

best all in one crm

Reviewed on 8/02/2022

Very easy to learn, lots of help available through the software. Also easy to find tutorials online. Very customizable and beginner friendly for a lot of industries.

Pros

customization features; softwares comes with templates for a quick start or you can start from scratch

Cons

I'm a one person business owner and I would like there to be more automations for the lower priced plans. Mine are usually used up quickly. After they are used, you have to wait until the next month to get more. As a small business owner, thats a headache as I am only one person and need many of my tasks automated daily.

Cost, Clickup offers better deals

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Cost, ease of use, design aesthetics

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Sarah!

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such an amazing review!

We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the Automations of ClickUp! We're excited to have you here from Monday.com!

If you find that you are running out of Automations each month, you can purchase extra Automations!

To do this:

1. Click on your profile avatar and choose Billing or Upgrade. Note this is only available to Workspace admins and owners.

2. Choose the automation add-on option that is right for you

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all, and have a great, productive day!

Bhavik Singh
Bhavik Singh

Want to organize tasks? Look up for ClickUp!

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

ClickUp is a great task management tool that helps me keep my team organized and on track. I love that I can create custom tasks and subtasks and that I can collaborate with my team on each task. ClickUp has also been a great way to keep my team organized, as I can create spaces for each team member and assign tasks accordingly. Overall, I highly recommend ClickUp to anyone looking for a great task management tool.

Pros

I have been using ClickUp for some time and absolutely love it. Personally, it has helped me to be more organized and productive. I know these two words get overused like some random metaphors, but it's no less than the truth.

I love that I can customize the tasks, and subtasks and collaborate with my team. The spaces feature is also very helpful. It helped us define spaces for different functions (marketing, content, devs, etc.). The tasks are also very customizable, which is great if you need to add subtasks or collaborate with others.

In addition, the UI is pretty user-friendly, and the support is great. Overall, I would recommend ClickUp to anyone looking for a great task management tool.
So, if you're looking for a great task management tool, ClickUp is definitely worth checking out.

Cons

I don't have many complaints, but if there were one thing that really annoys me about ClickUp is that it sometimes tends to lag big time when there is a lot of data on the content board or the document/editor. It becomes quite annoying when you're short of time. Apart from that, there's one more thing that makes the content board kind of cluttered. When I look at the finished tasks, I could see some of them from 3-4 months back. Now, over time, these grow and look cluttered. I wish there was a way where the finished tasks get archived or something after a month and a half to keep the dashboard clear. You see, a cluttered desk leads to a cluttered mind... not something desirable.

Isdiana
Isdiana
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Project productivity booster

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Pros

More than a year into using ClickUp, I've discovered several capabilities that come in handy when carrying out a task. With this app, I can save a lot of time by automating processes, which is the most considerable relief. By making it easy for users to report issues, the software development team has the information they need to make necessary improvements.

Cons

In many cases, there are too many alternatives to choose from. ClickUp's most exciting feature is its ability to be wholly tweaked. Users will have to play around with the settings to get the most performance out of the app, which may be time-consuming. Finally, the interface design may need some improvement. Blank areas and panes might be challenging to understand because of the limited font size and the hued colour scheme.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Isdiana!

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review.

We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying a productivity boost with ClickUp!

We understand that it can take some time to become familiar with all of our features! We have quite a few options to help you and your team if you still need assistance!

Adrian
Adrian

You will manage your planning efficently!

Reviewed on 23/11/2022

Is a very good option. I came to Clickup as a free alternative from another applicative, but its now my first option :) I can run automations, delegate work, assing statuses and get notified! I dont use the chat and updates section, my team preffers Whatsapp instead!

Pros

A HUGE free version of it! You can manage a small company and process on the free version.

Cons

It dosent have a GOOD communication system with your team. Updates and chat + notifications in not a good option. Sometimes i receive some objections from my team using ClickUp: notifications, refreshing problems, some bugs... They offer a discount for NGOs... I think they have to give some free update plan seats.

Todoist , Trello and monday.com

Pricing

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

For the free version and its features!

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Adrian!

We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying a productivity boost with ClickUp!

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all!

Boryana
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Decent tool. Works for my multidisciplinary team.

Reviewed on 28/12/2023

Fairly positive. Overall it is very useful, we have used it to manage our team work, track and report project progress, do planning, etc.
Bear in mind that we are a multidisciplinary work, so we've tried to make it work both for delivery/ tech functions and research and strategy.
The only drawbacks are the small customisations we haven't been able to make (e.g. the weekly view to start on a differerent day) and the syncing time / loading time.

Pros

1. Helps us manage our workload and set the expectations right. It allows us to plan and forecast work: we get to understand the pace at which we move on projects, it allows us to understand what blockers have occured and how long it takes us to deal with them.
2. Allows us to see clearly where we have dependencies (so that no task or person on the team blocks another person to do their tasks). We use it to optimise our sprints.
3. Supports productivity and team collaboration: during the sprint check-ins, we refer to teh burn-down charts to see if we are on track and if anyone needs help.

Cons

1. Syncing takes time. E.g. Once we have planned our month, we input all information in ClickUp and so it happends that a few people make changes in parallel and we refresh and give time for the changes to appear.
2. Some of the views don't load propearly occasionally. E.g. In the Workload view, the users with their workload for the week disappear and we cannot see our workload. Refreshing the view helps, but can be annoying.
3. We haven't found a way to track time for personal projects and not have them appear in the reporting. E.g. I want to time tracked for volunteering, which is separate from our work and my time utilisation at work, but this doesn't seem to be possible. All time tracked goes to utilisation. The same way we need to track time for time off. It would be good if this gets implemented.
4. There is a weekly view, however it would be better for us to get a view not starting on Monday, but on the first day of our sprint (in our case Wednesday).