MoonMail Reviews

Tamarisk E.

Much better than mailchimp

Used Other for 2+ years

Just excellent

Pros

The customer service and chat function are simply excellent. The folks at moonmail are friendly, patient with actual customer service. Unlike their main competitor they are not condescending and never once was i told to 'find the solution myself'.

Cons

Not as easy to use as mailchimp but the customer service is so good with someone walking through that it's not actually a real problem.

Response from MoonMail

thanks!

Rocio L.

It is the most powerful tool we have worked with so far. MoonMail offers unlimited campaigns.

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

Pros

MoonMail has good pricing including all the necessary services for our business.
We have unlimited campaigns per month, unlimited subscribers by campaign. With
MoonMail we can store up to 25,000 subscribers. Other important reason is that we are having a premium support which really is helpful.

Cons

Maybe, something negative is that if you don´t know this software, you could not find easily on the internet. It is not stil very popular.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

Ferdinand M.

Mailchimp is nothing compared to Moonmail

Reviewed on 3/07/2018

Overall happiness and less frustration than any other auto-responder for starters. The ease of use and straight forward dashboard is nice on the eyes and there's a template marketplace in case you aren't feeling creative. Pretty awesome product if you ask me.

Pros

First and foremost, Mailchimp, aweber, constant contact etc... are so restrictive when you want to upload a list. Or, you have to pay exorbitant amounts just to upload the contacts, even if you don't use them in certain campaigns. With Moonmail, I haven't experienced any of that. Granted I'm new to the service but from what I've found, it's the best option out there.

Cons

There's nothing really at the moment other than I wish I had found it sooner. I've dealt with pretty much every auto-responder out there and it's more than frustrating when all you are trying to do is communicate with your list and not be charge an arm and a leg or be restricted on what you upload.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

Sanjay K.

I have done email campaign two years

Reviewed on 13/04/2018

Generate sales and leads for company product using email campaigns.

Pros

delivery and creative. I have spent more than two years on moonmail email marketing tools. it was very good email tools to send bulk email campaign at the cheap price.

Cons

user-friendly templet available. it was very good email delivery placement so I used regular basis I mean daily basis.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

Angelica C.

Lovely alternative to Mailchimp

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 19/07/2019

The only reason I cannot stick with it is Amazon's SES really strict policies that keep banning me.

Pros

I love that is cheap, its pricing is really good, it has a bunch of integrations, through zapier (which is free, but can require a paid plan depending on your usage).
It has regular nice features like automation, but that's it.

Cons

It does not offer any option if you suddenly can't use Amazon SES anymore. Also, the branding on the email footer is a bit ridiculous in paid plans.

Response from MoonMail

thanks!

6.0/10
Jason S.

Open Source Version is challenging at best

Reviewed on 2/08/2019

Pros

It's open source, which means it's free.

Cons

Despite considerable technical expertise, we could not get the Open Source version of MoonMail to work.

2.0/10

Moonmail Review

Reviewed on 5/09/2018

For generalised email campaignits good

Pros

It's ease of use. Its simple and very eficient

Cons

There are no remarketing features in this software. Unable to track who opened or clicked the email. There is no exclusion list feature. Segmentation feature is also very weak. cant segment region specific emails. The template option selection is less as well.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

5.0/10

So far So good

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

Pros

I've been using MailChimp for the longest time and never really questioned anything until I recently saw the amount I was paying especially for having a business that grows with very little margins, paying over /month for emails is ridiculous. Let's see how this will compare overtime.

Cons

Well again, I haven't really been through everything so I can't really give you cons yet but I'm sure I'll find a few like the fact that it tells me and then on no that's for the yearly payment, sneaky shit like that, makes no sense, instead of tricking users reward them, if they go for a year they get a 20% discount, makes a lot more sense.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

Carlos P.

The easiest email marketing platform I've ever tried

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Overall: Super fast dashboard, easy to upload lists, easy to manage templates and campaigns. Liquid syntax for meta tags is awesome!

Pros

Cons

Few automations.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

Carlos C.

Moonmail is just what I needed, simple but efficient and intuitive. It gets the job done.

Reviewed on 8/01/2018

Pros

- Awesome user experience
- Amazing support team
- Covers everything you need as an email marketer

Cons

The segments feature of the list management section needs to be more powerful, aside from that, everything else is a charm.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

Melanie A.

Pleasantly surprised by MoonMail

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

With MoonMail, I am solving the problem of sending mass communication to a backlog of subscribers who haven't heard from me. Once I am caught up, I will also be able to leverage the system to message new subscribers faster than before.

Pros

I liked that it worked well, they had great customer service, and it wasn't full of glitches and bugs like many of their competitors.

Cons

For me as with all of the other solutions I tried, the email template is the hardest part. Mostly because this is the most important part. I look forward to increasing my skill with this with help from MoonMail's customer service.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

MoonMail Review

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Good features , very new platform and technology but open source code was not really open source

Pros

Integration with AWS , Serverless lambada architecture , open source code base , features specially some cutting edge planned features

Cons

Open source code not updated uses outdated serverless framework , very tough to get it working almost had to rewrite major part of the code

5.0/10
Chyanit S.

I have had a great experience using Moonmail and it has surpassed my expectations

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

It has got great deliverability better than most autoresponders have

Pros

The platform is very easy to use with all the latest features that a good marketing automation software should have

Cons

I am really enjoying using the software as of now I cannot find any negatives. I will need more time to come up with cons if there are any so far so good.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

Todd D.

Great Alternative to Mailchimp

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 19/07/2019

Pros

I like the customer service and the layout of the design, and the emails themselves don't look so uniform like Mailchimp's.

Cons

We initially didn't know where to start and how to access certain features, but we got the hang of it after learning it.

Response from MoonMail

thanks!

Josh B.

Moon Mail Magic

Reviewed on 27/07/2019

Pros

It’s great! It’s secure, it’s easily deplorable, it’s easy to use.

Cons

I would really love to see an iPhone application for this.

Response from MoonMail

thanks!

Char C.

MailMoon

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 12/01/2019

MailMoon definitely helped us with Cart Recovery; so for this reason alone, we would recommend trying it.

Pros

We were able to recover more abandoned sales. We went from 7% to 21% recovers in one month.
ease of use & automation

Cons

I was on a smaller plan & just upgraded but having more templates & image options would be cool.

Response from MoonMail

thanks!

Frank H.

Excellent - Great price and very easy to use

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Pros

So far so good
Inboxes very well
Very straight forward use
Outstanding price
Great support that walks you through each step in setting up

Cons

Their editor is a bit unique
Don't have any real cons at this point but I will update should any arise

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

Majid A.

Reviewed on 7/05/2018

Pros

user-friendly environment. value for money very fast activation. very useful for anyone who is HTML master

Cons

The editor could have more facilities. it's not a good choice for marketers who don't know HTML. it could have better editor.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

Apeksha V.

Not Satisfactory

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Pros

The software is easy to use and creating templates is much easier compared to other platform.

Cons

The software has too many bugs. It automatically switches you to their free plan so you cannot send any campaigns. This keeps happening to my account at least thrice per week. I also faced an issue where my DKIM and domain verification settings were automatically erased twice resulting in a lot of down time. The Support team is slow to response and often unhelpful. The analytics features are not at par with other softwares such as Mailchimp, which is much cheaper.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

0.0/10
Freddie V.

MoonMail

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

It's a pleasure to use. I would certainly recommend this product.

Setup is quick and easy
Don't need to be a rocket science
Makes you feel like a boss

Cons

Creature of habit. However once I got into using it I was ok.

Response from MoonMail

thanks!

MoonMail is the perfect MailChimp Alternative

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

Pros

It's super simple, the UX/UI is awesome, and the price is much more affordable than MailChimp.

Cons

i think mailchimp is a bit more robust, but for what i'm doing (small business stuff), this works fine.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

Heather W.

Get What You Pay For

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 26/07/2019

I had an extremely difficult time dealing with the customer service. If they would get back to me at all, sometimes it was weeks or months before they did.

Pros

Newsletter building interface is simple.

Cons

Huge chunks of your list get deleted often during imports.

Response from MoonMail

thanks!

3.0/10
Alejandro G.

Great email marketing automation software

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

Right now the onboarding team has been great. We already sent our first campaigns with great results, delivering us even higher open rates than on mailchimp and thus more sales on our store.

Pros

I love the email editor and how can you set up flows on the automation section. I really like their support team and roadmap they presented. Moosend has some very cool features on the drag and drop email composer such as timer countdown and video insert.

Cons

The shopify plugin data on ecommerce data is only available for now at the automation level. Waiting for this data to be available at the regular newsletter segment options.

Response from MoonMail

thanks!

Gary K.

Very slick User Interface

Reviewed on 17/10/2018

Very easy to get up to speed with, nice clean modern interface.

Pros

I like the interface and having moved from Mailchimp found it very similar in the setup. You can add custom merge fields like you can in MC. It has webhooks so if you need to do any custom processing post subscribe or un-subscribe then you can.

Cons

Be useful for the API to be able to trigger an automation or an email.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

David G.

Really simple and effective email marketing

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

I got a simple tool that delivered all my emails to my subscribers inbox quickly and efficiently.

Pros

The tool is really simple and does the tool, all of our emails went into our subscribers inbox. Simple doesn't mean that it lacks any feature, because it has anything you need as a marketer

Cons

They could have some more events in automations. Apart from that, there's not much missing in the platform.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!