Tradify

Powerful job management software for electricians & plumbers

4.7 /5 (105 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
4.8
Alex H.

Wow! Just wow !

Reviewed on 24/06/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

When I first started my business, my invoices and quotes were all over the place, I’d lose track of jobs or jobs which I hadn’t invoiced for. After downloading Tradify I honestly don’t know how I lived without it !

Cons

Would be good if they added in a feature that you can write up reports for insurance companies or letters with your header and logo

Wade M.
Industry: Utilities
Company size: Self Employed

Why does it need a title.

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

I am using it to try get myself organised, I have found myself being more organised since starting using the software, just need to make it a habit to use it constantly at each job instead of thinking, I will input that later.

Pros

I really am still in the very early stages of learning the ins and outs of it.

Cons

I would like to be able to receive alerts on my phone for jobs or appointments.
The software allows me to double book my time, which seems strange, if I try to schedule an appointment that overlaps an already scheduled appointment, it should alert me, and not allow it.
Perhaps this one, is something I am doing wrong, but If i make a kit, and want it at a certain billing rate, it always appears in my quote as the Standard billing rate.

Response from Tradify

Hi Wade
Thanks you very much for your feedback especially from a new user like yourself. We're so thrilled to hear that Tradify has helped you get more organised, and it definitely helps replacing pen & paper with Tradify wherever you go.

Thank you also for letting us know your recommendation/request on how to improve on our platform. The ability to receive alerts to prevent double booking is something we can take onboard into our list of continuous improvement for our platform.

However the issue you're having with special billing rate appearing in your quotes is something we can help you with. Could you please contact our support team ([email protected]) so we can show you how to get this working the way you need it to be?

thanks again for your review.

Kind Regards
Tradify

Nathan B.

Happy Plumber

Reviewed on 6/09/2016

We run 12 staff and up to 60 sites a day. Its great to use simple to follow. The staff had it nailed in 2-3 days.

Pros

Web based booking system that talks to my accountancy package simply and efficiently suitable for all phones with browsers. Its been very stable as opposed to other more complex and difficult systems we have used in the past. Has all the reports and features needed to work out productivity and cost tracking per job/ profitability. The added bonus is the cost!!! I saved approximately $650 per month switching to this product.

Cons

not a lot really.

Daniel D.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Company size: Self Employed

This is the best piece of software for trade businesses especially electricians, plumbers.

Reviewed on 14/06/2017

Reduced time doing admin work.
Consolidation of materials into a single line item.
The ability to get your invoices out to your customers quickly, therefor getting paid quicker

Pros

The best thing I like about this software is the ability to consolidate materials into a single line item named materials. This saves massive amounts of precious time not having to double handle paperwork when creating invoices.
The user friendly interface makes navigation around this software a breeze. From quoting a job to inputting time and materials into jobs to invoicing a job
It saves time and helps to get paid quicker because you can invoice on the completion of job while on site, no more invoicing months later.
The intergration with accounting programs reduces lost time by sitting down doing admin work and lets you get on with what you do best.

Belinda Y.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Job Tasking and Management is easier with Tradify

Reviewed on 13/03/2017

Tradify allows all Office Staff and Technicians to be informed and kept up to date with jobs requiring attention, quotes that have been processed and links with our Accounting Software for book keeping records. Tradify has become an integral part of our business operations and has allowed our business to move into and maintain up to date technology for our customers and management.

Pros

Allows access to all Staff/Employees at a level that Management decides is applicable.

Cons

Does not have an "auto save" function

Reif A.
Industry: Facilities Services

Job Management Made Easy

Reviewed on 29/08/2016

I use Tradify everyday, it makes my days run so much easier to plan my week and keep everything organised, I run a locksmith business and time management is extremely important. planning jobs and appointments doing quotes and being

Pros

Planning jobs/appointments, being able to sync with my accounting software and the ability to do quotes and track job history :)

Cons

Not any cons that I can think of.

James U.
Industry: Construction

the right tools for the job !

Reviewed on 6/09/2016

We have ben using Tradify for a while now, we find it a very useful tool to manage all our staff, assets and multiple job sites each and every day.
The system allows us to track exact costs of each job at any time, and makes sure all materials and time is charged to the right job.

Pros

Easy to use, very user friendly by giving each team an Ipad they can self manage their own jobs and purchases, whilst allowing management to see what's happening.

Cons

There are a few features we would love to see, but in saying that we have over time talked to the team at tradify and a few of our wish list items have started to appear.

Stuart N.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Get your nights back.

Reviewed on 14/02/2017

Great basic software package, has saved me from hours of data entry each week and has enabled me to book & change appointments efficiently.
Couldn't work without it now.

Pros

Simple and easy to use and understand yet still powerful enough to do everything I need and more.

Cons

I need somewhere to "park" jobs that are awaiting parts that separates them from other types of statuses. In progress is the only type once you've started the job. I may be missing something here but I'm seeking guidance on it.

Alec S.

Well done!

Reviewed on 30/08/2016

Having tried more than 40 different products I tried Tradify, left it, and came back to it. Bang for buck, worth it. With the new update, it's better, easier to navigate, easier allround.

Pros

Ease of use, new layout is so much easier to see what's going on. Feature packed for the price, it can't be beat.

Cons

Not enough company if I can be shown on quotes, invoices.

Response from Tradify

Hey Alec,

Thanks for the feedback! We're looking at making our invoices and quotes much more customisable with our new release, in a similar fashion to Xero - watch this space ;)

Joseph C.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

A great piece of software!!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017

Tradify has made running a small business an ease, with its quick and easy interface to its powerful job tracking and quoting system, it makes keeping track of all things business a breeze.

The addition of the phone and tablet apps is fantastic, with only one small recommendation regarding offline support for when you have no wifi or phone signal. (The great customer support have advised me they are looking into this in the near future)

All round just a great piece of software, would highly recommend.

Pros

Ease of use.
Connectivity across platforms.
Integration with Xero.

Cons

No offline support.

Sonny Y.

Tradify_Review

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

I’m glad that we were referred to this software, these are the things that help us...

Tracking hours
Capture and attach purchase receipts
Cost is great

Pros

The menus are pretty straight forward, setting up was not too long

Cons

Would like an option to take ticket item from another Tradify user and import that into yours.

Emeka O.
Industry: Higher Education

Tradify is a great software to manage all business activities under one system.

Reviewed on 3/08/2018

Pros

I especially like the fact that information can be accessed through one system. The software is also very intuitive which makes the training of new users easy.

Cons

So far, I haven't had issues with Tradify at all. I hope it remains that way.

Jason F.
Industry: Security & Investigations

We found it perfect for our needs. Easy to use and many great features.

Reviewed on 26/06/2017

Makes our job a whole lot easier.

Pros

Ease of use. Ability to do quotes on the fly and generate invoices on the spot. Great being able to track where workers are.

Cons

Does rely on internet so if you're in a remote area with no wifi or internet connection it is limited.

Neshan K.

best app i have used

Reviewed on 29/08/2016

it eliminates paper completely and also what makes it the best app that you can link Tradify with online accounting software

Pros

how easy you can add a job and do quotes and invoicing send PO for suppliers from anywhere

Cons

haven't found one yet all good

Gareth A.
Industry: Construction

Gives my business the system it needs to grow without a doubt!

Reviewed on 24/01/2017

Enables a paperless, instant communication between office and field workers. It saves me more money than it costs for tradify by keeping tabs on everyone and the jobs in progress. No more missed items that should of been billed out . Instant invoicing from the van. I do my quotes any where I get 5 minutes and it means when I get home I've more time for family time. Brilliant software, even better support team. Easy to add staff to it as your business grows, and more importantly it's easy for them to grasp it so it's used correctly.

Pros

Its simple yet covers everything I need

Cons

Doesn't sync with Google calender.

Sheldon H.

The wonderful Tradify

Reviewed on 24/02/2017

Over the past month I have had the pleasure of using tradify to bundle all my needs for my electrical business into one easy to use app. I have seen and used other apps like tradify but no where near up to the same level in both with the app and support from tradify answering all my questions with an accurate and prompt answer. With the follow up and double checking on my self as the client I feel valuable.

Pros

Easy to use. Great support

Cons

Input of data can be overwelming but understanding maled all the difference

Leanne P.

Plexus Review

Reviewed on 20/09/2016

Have found the transition to Tradify fairly easy. Have a couple of things that are frustrating as per my statement in cons

Pros

I can log in from anywhere

Cons

I don't like that the customers email address does not print on the job sheet. You also can't see it when you look at the job information.

Adam C.
Industry: Building Materials

Great product to help manage jobs and understand profitability

Reviewed on 5/05/2017

Better tracking of costs to time and jobs. Very easy to use the scheduler to assign jobs and see where everyone is at on any given day

Pros

The software is easy to manage and the mobile app is great for the onsite employees. The month end reports are very easy to generate and review

Cons

There is a bit of trial and error when it comes to setting up jobs and linking Tradify to accounting software

Graham V.
Industry: Consumer Services

Would have been 5 stars .................But

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 6/08/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

If Tradify can add a quantity conversion factor to the purchase orders, so that our stock levels can show 100's of metres rather than 20 off 30metre coils of tube that would make it a 5 star product.

Pros

Easy to use, quick to learn, well it was for me. Great for getting work progressed and engineers right information straight their smartphones.

Cons

Purchase orders and units of quantity are a problem. It is ok if items are purchased in multiple quantities of 1, but if the supplier quantity is 1 unit of 30 metres there is no way to convert the quantity and unit price in the Tradify system. This leads to problems for quotations and billing. It almost renders the quotation part of the software redundant for us.

Michael O.
Company size: Self Employed

Extremely easy to use. Great integration with accounting software. Streamline your business!

Reviewed on 5/06/2017

Pros

Cloud based - easy to access - extremely simple to use - streamline from quote through to job completion - MYOB integration

Brendan T.

a well thought out piece of software

Reviewed on 22/04/2017

I am a new user of Tradify and I find the software logical to use but am still working my head through all operations of the software but when properly activated will save me some 20 hours per week

Sarah J.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Rating only

Reviewed on 8/12/2017
Brendan D.
Industry: Facilities Services

Tradify is the backbone of our business!

Reviewed on 29/08/2016

West Coast Refrigeration is a trade business that previous used Simpro and were converted once we found Tradify due to its ease of use, affordability, mobile functionality and outstanding customer support!

Pros

We cant fault this software as its built perfectly for our trade business and ensures that our field technicians can report their time and materials directly to the job and our office team are so much faster on invoicing customers! Its in real time and as we dont need a direct GPS tracker, we can still use this software to locate staff fast and effectively! I love that you can convert purchase orders straight to bills and allocate materials to the job so our office can cross check and this also makes a easier process for stock ordering and stock-take yearly!

Also love that you can save attachments straight from emails on our iphones to jobs and customer profiles. We are also using iAuditor which talks directly with Tradify for our WHS Safety Requirements- this is a huge bonus!!

Cons

Would like to be able to customise our invoices a bit more but the new release is much better than previous.

Response from Tradify

Thanks Brendan! Customisable invoices are on their way with the new Tradify 2.0 release.

Sam G.
Industry: Construction

I highly recommend Tradify for anyone running a business in construction.

Reviewed on 18/01/2021

Tradify has been excellent since day 1. Whilst on my free trial period I was contacted by the team at Tradify to offer assistance setting up the platform for my business and learning how to use it. I accepted this offer and had several calls at times that suited me, the staff were great and were able to make the process easy.

I have been using this product for a while now and will continue to do so indefinitely. It has helped my business greatly and helped me manage all aspects of the business I find challenging such as quoting, time tracking, invoicing .

Pros

Time Tracking - Easy to Keep track of different jobs, staff on jobs etc.

Scheduling - Easy to drag appointments around on calendar and send job details to staff.

Quoting / invoicing / purchases - Very well integrated, I quote using price list items i have set up, once quote confirmed I can create a purchase order in seconds, when its time to invoice it adds atomically again .

Cross platform - I use on MacBook, iPad and iPhone works great on all devices.

Linked to quickbooks - Ideal saves me having to do anything my accounts lady can deal with it in quickbooks as it atomically ends up there from Tradify.

A nice feature I have found is that if I send a CERTIFICATE PDF via Airdrop on my iPad to iPhone I can import into Tradify and link to a job, helps keep all paper work organised.

Cons

There aren't any that I'm aware of, its perfect.

Steve Z.
Industry: Accounting

Flexibility of Tradify

Reviewed on 21/01/2017

I am using Tradify in three separate businesses and find using it a great experience. My time is limited and I have no patience for apps that do not deliver, Tradify is not on this list.
The seamless integration with Xero is faultless, often a sticking point with integrated apps.
I have spoken to the staff on several occasions when I have been working on out of the ordinary problems, and they have always been easy to deal with and professional.
The new format has improved the experience yet again which is a testament to the innovative attitude of the company.

Pros

Ease of use always is a big factor in choosing tools of trade. Designing systems that are both instinctive and functional is never an easy task, Tradify has done this well.
Flexibility to correct entries is also important.

Cons

Having to be online to use the software. Would be great to have the ability to work offline and then sync.