iDentalSoft

Cloud-based dental practice management for modern dentists

4.4 /5 (41 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
4.6
Diana W.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

IDentalSoft

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

The overall experience is been really good. The support team is always available and willing to help on any issues. The convenience of cloud-based software that allows team member to work in the software from multiple offices.
There are also so many other features available in the software that other cloud based software do not have.

Pros

1. The software was highly customize to the program's needs.
2. All forms are available in the software
3. Many features available that are not available in other software
4. Excellent customer service
5. They were the only company who could do a full migration of all clinical notes, x-rays, documents etc.
6.Cloud based software

Cons

Adjustment on x-rays mounts- problem was fixed with identalsoft support team

Alison D.
Industry: Medical Practice

Great product and outstanding support

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

Our experience with Identalsoft has been excellent owing in large part to the constant support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. From the outset she was our point of contact. For several months before we went live, she worked with her team to customize many features of the software to fit our needs and helped tremendously to train and prepare us for the transition. She has spent countless hours on the phone with us and is incredibly knowledgeable, professional and patient. We continue to call on her when we have questions and she is unfailing kind, accessible and a pleasure to speak with. She is a huge asset to Identalsoft. We definitely would not have had the positive experience and ease of transition that we did without her.

Pros

We are a very busy dental office and needed a seamless transition when we made the decision to change software companies. The entire staff felt the software was very user friendly and fast and gave us easy access to all the information we need to provide the most thorough care to our patients.

Cons

It's frustrating that there is no scrolling ability with reports, name searches - anything that may be multiple pages. We have to keep clicking "next" to move ahead. It's a bit annoying when you're at last names beginning with "A" for instance, and you want to get to the page with "M" and you have to keep clicking next or try to guess a page number to move it ahead quicker.

Response from iDentalSoft

Thank you. We will review the recommended enhancement.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great software and Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 24/03/2020

Great.

Pros

I am someone who is not tech savvy and I have found that Identalsoft is very intuitive. It has been an easy transition. The customer service is outstanding. Harini, specifically has been helping me onboard and she is endlessly patient and willing to go above and beyond to help come up with solutions for my specific needs. I have a mobile practice which is different that typical office and I am very satisfied with my decision.

Cons

I am a mobile Dentist and my patients typically fill out the forms from home on the patient portal. They seem to have a difficult time with having to fill out all of the forms at once. It would be better if they could log in and out and fill out the forms at their leisure without having to start again each time.

Response from iDentalSoft

Hello Dr, iDS comes with Patient Portal for online/mobile Registration, Appt Request, Reviews and ePay. Patient can submit multiple times of the completed pages. Our staff will be happy to walk-thru the sample of multiple submissions.

Kirt F.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Has some good and working on more improvements

Reviewed on 1/08/2016

This software has a lot of great features. Like any program, it takes a little bit of time to get familiar with. Make sure you do some training before you dive too much into it as there is a lot you can do with it.

Pros

Cloud-based and for the most part easy to use.

Cons

X-rays do not auto advance, but they are working on it. Must have the cell phone carrier in order to send texts, but there are lots of websites that will tell you the carrier and that was not as big as deal as we thought it might be. Must use a unique URL to login so make sure to bookmark it. Mobile version still needs a little work.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Cynthia Y.
Industry: Medical Practice

Great Product, Does what you need it to do!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017

The best thing about iDentalsoft is that it does what you need it to do--manage your practice without all the million extra buttons that you never use. The support IS TOP NOTCH and always available, probably one of the main reasons why I chose to go with iDentalsoft. Love the convenience of personal cloud-based software that allows me to check my schedule from the comfort of my own home. There are also so many other add-ins that end up saving you money and TIME.

Pros

support and ease of use

Cons

It needs some more options to adjust X-rays and a few other little things that would make navigating a little quicker.

Bruce K.

IDentalSoft review

Reviewed on 2/03/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Needed a cloud based software to manage multiple offices with common shared database. Researched multiple products and chose this product. Fully functional software with very short learning curve. Data and image migration was done in very short time frame. Migration costs were minimal with excellent accuracy. As always some glitches but quickly resolved. Biggest issue was the bridge software for imaging but after tweaking it is now seamless. Support was phenomenal with almost instant response with a what I would consider a smile. Had a called returned on the weekend instead of waiting for the following week. Recall and appointment confirmation amazing. Patient portal allows appointment requests as well as the ability to complete registration, health history and hippa forms online or in reception room with tablet or kiosk. Requires a decent internet speed with always faster better.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality.

Cons

Can get a little sluggish if internet speed drops. Lack of prompt to save some items before closing.

Lina K.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

None stop issues

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

Its been relentless nightmare up this alley. We have used SOFTDENT for years and decided to upgrade and make changes due to a 2nd location working with geriatric patients whom need the TLC and undivided attention to details and since using and signing up with identalsoft at 2nd location it has been a nightmare!!! Its horrible and logs out after only minutes of idle, the system sits pretty but scheduling wise and efficiency isnt there. It has done nothing but cause hassle and not to mention their support system is horrible. EMAILING AND TEXTING AND CALLING FOR HELP only to get an answer 20 hours later!! if you are a fast paced dental office like ours RUN from this software it isnt what they say it is with the bells and whistle.

Pros

its pretty thats iit! I have nothing special to write about this software

Cons

logs out when idle have to always log back on very annoying, the features are all over the place, and it takes minutes to set up new patient visits, the x-rays arent ever working because bridge always has an issue. Support is horrible!!!! Email and calls with no answers! Contacts after 20 hours of waiting at a time, had technical support in the morning only to get a machine and calls back after 4 hours! Migration one month later is still not up and communication is just horrible yet takes our payment up front or when due on time. Its been more of a headache than help. It has been a waste of time for the patients whom we have had cancelled and the doctors time.

Response from iDentalSoft

Hello Lina,
We strive to deliver. Thank you. We are reviewing to ensure steps in our process are followed. Note from our service tickets:
1. iDS timeout is extendable. We didn't have request to extend.
2. Device connection, Anti-virus had blocked access and Jazz is to send sensor replacement.
3. Migration, we have just been provided access to your server on 12/14/18 and completed the copy of data over the weekend for migration process.

As we are reviewing the case, we apologize for any miscommunication and follow up for further details.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Khoa N.
Industry: Utilities

The future of dental software

Reviewed on 20/10/2018

Pros

Cloud-based, very secured.
Can access almost anywhere.
linked to DentalExchange.
Has the longest run way to customize, to add more functionalities per request.

Cons

Lack of mobile app.
Some UI features can be improved, such as going back/forth windows/sub-windows can be smoother.

Bhupesh M.

Happy with iDentalSoft Product

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Pros

Customer support is awesome and prompt
Easy to use and customize
good graphics
Front end patient portal is good

Cons

Reporting can be more intuitive and improved

Nancy F.

iDentalSoft

Reviewed on 25/04/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Again, I'd like to do another review on this software in about 6 months. They've been helpful, but as of right now, there have been a lot issues that should never have happened.

Pros

I like that fact it checks me before I possibly make a mistake in a patient's chart by asking me if that's what I want to do. But I'd like to review this again in about 6 months. We've been live with it for a week only and that's not really enough time to give a complete review.

Cons

The migration didn't bring over a lot of information that should have followed patients, ie medical history, insurance information. This has had to entered in every time a existing patient comes in for a visit.

Response from iDentalSoft

Migration covers patient information, including medical history, insurance info and many others. Info may be mapped to different location or conditions that may affected some patients. Please communicate specific to Onboarding or Support. Also, we will have team reach-out for the detail.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Danny T.

Simple, intuitive, and complete software!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

There are many advantages with this software including: instant real time remote login and ability to use the software as if you're in the office in front of the computer without the need to use log me in or team viewer, excellent customer and technical support, complete and thorough software to manage one or multiple offices, no monthly fees for support, easy to learn and use (intuitive like learning to use an iPad), easy to navigate without having to go through so many steps, and auto backup into the cloud so your data is safe. Also has a portal for patient registration that automatically inputs all patients' data into a profile so one less task for your staff to do making it a real time saver! Excellent product!

Liane R.

Simple Software

Reviewed on 5/12/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Software is simple to use and to the point for a small single provider office. A great starter software and allows you to advance to bigger programs with basic knowledge.

Cons

This is made for small single provider offices if one is not planning on advancing practice or merging .

Samantha W.

Idental has gone above and beyond to help our practice get up and running!

Reviewed on 23/05/2017

Pros

I love the ability to see a patient's chart from anywhere. Very easy to use and learn with unlimited technical support.

Cons

The only con we have experienced the printer needing to be set up in the software, but it is pretty easy once you learn it.

Soriya T.

great software

Reviewed on 4/02/2016

the product is easy to use and customizable. We like the software a lot.

Jeremy P.
Industry: Medical Practice

Our office loves Identalsoft.

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

We were motivated to find a easier software system than we had during this Covid period.
We wanted to go paperless. We wanted our patient to be able to send us all information needed before the appointment that could automatically populate the chart. We wanted to be able to text and email from the patients chart. We wanted to reduce or eliminate patient contact with the front desk. We wanted the system to be easy for us and the patients. We wanted the patient to be able to pay their bill through a portal . IDENTALSOFT FIT THE BILL AND HAS EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS.
Theexcellent support we get from Idental soft has made the transition very easy. I am happy when I call and the support team knows me and my staff by name.

Pros

We like the portal that enables our patients to send their information to us before the appointments and populate the chart automatically. We like that the patients can pay over the portal

We like emailing and texting from the patient chart. We can see confirmation messages without going to our email to check if people confirmed. We like the way the software is set up so that the information is easy to get to.
We like that the payments and billing are linked to the procedures. It is much easier for us to keep track of payments especially from insurances.
The more we use the software, the more we appreciate the many features.

Cons

Change is always difficult. We knew we had to change to a new user friendly program but were not happy about it.
Identalsoft made it quite easy to transition to the new software.
There is a learning curve with all new products.
Identalsoft support staff makes it easy for us to get the answers we need quickly. We have had Identalsoft for 2 months and it is making our days in the office easier.

Karen H.

I love it

Reviewed on 9/04/2020

Pros

It is very user friendly and the support is beyond helpful. They are always there and do not laugh at me with my stupid questions. They are also very patient. The training was easy.

Cons

At this point I cannot think of anything

Sheldon G.
Industry: Medical Practice

Everything that I need to run my practice and more!

Reviewed on 16/06/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

identalsoft is full featured and includes perio, scheduling, treatment planning, native imaging, employee management, payment processing and a ton of other features. reputation management.

This has made my life so easy! I was concerned about moving to a new system, but the guys at identalsoft made the transition really easy with their migration process. I'm able to use 1 software to do everything from manage my practice. Super easy to use and super powerful!

Cons

Nothing that I didn't like with the experience. They are super responsive.

Jeni W.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

This is it! Stop looking.

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 9/06/2017

Pros

This team is great. The reviews are great. The sales support is great. They work outside of USA in other English speaking markets (as long as you are okay with their support being USA hours)

Cons

Language is only in English (which is the market it's intended for so that's fine, we are trying to hack a solution for a freach speaking non-usa based market)

Cynthia Y.

THE COMPLETE Dental Management Software & EXCELLENT Customer Service

Reviewed on 29/02/2016

Choosing a dental management software is critical. I chose iDentalsoft because of all of the amazing features it offers wrapped up together in one package. It does all the essential functions necessary to run a dental practice and goes beyond in many aspects to streamline all the different processes, including electronic claim filing, credit card processing, emails/texts to patients....it is all included!

I highly recommend any dentist to explore this option before making a decision to re-new or purchase another dental management software. iDentalsoft is effortless, easy to learn, mobile, and SECURE. A huge plus is the amazing support from Michael and his team. They help with every aspect, whether you need to transfer all your files from your old program to iDentalsoft, or if you have IT questions, or if you need help with a certain function. He and his team are there and there are no extra fees or hidden costs.

Carole R.

This cloud-based software meets our office needs & we get excellent support from iDentalSoft.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016

We were attracted to iDentalSoft because the program is cloud-based and appeared to meet our needs. Although there were some bumps transitioning from our previous very powerful practice management program, iDentalSoft consistently responded to our issues with improvements. Their technical support is outstanding -- very prompt, and they always find a solution! We continue to enjoy the advantages of using this software in our practice.

Melba B.

Best Kept West Coast Dental software secret

Reviewed on 31/03/2017

I truly mean it! Identalsoft is the best kept dental software west coast secret. The secret is out of the bag on the east coast. Finally! There is a dental software simple enough that the doctor enjoys it. Conversion from Dentrix was seamless. Mellenial patients are even noticing and complimenting . "Wow your office is pretty technologically advanced." I love Identalsoft. And so will you.

Dayo O.

Cloud Software

Reviewed on 16/04/2017

I really like the software. Both administrative and clinical features are just what I need. The centralized database is ideal for my practice that runs multiple locations and access to the data is available. All updates to the software is done on the server remotely

Michelle S.

Very Disappointing

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Very poor. I've actually used a number of different softwares in the past & this has been by far the worst. We ended up switching to Dentrix Ascend - which was more expensive. But, it's been great & you pay for what you get. The best advice I can give to someone considering IDS.. do NOT sign a contract.

Pros

We were initially attracted to the software because of the pricing. The pricing is very good but now I see why. Also, the software was very colorful which is always naturally pleasing to the eye.

Cons

It was terrible. We consistently had trouble with the xrays bridging. The software is extremely simplistic to a fault. The reporting was terrible. My end of day numbers would always be off. My biggest complaint is about the dental insurance. The software would NEVER estimate benefits correctly. I would call & speak to someone in support & they wouldn't be able to figure it out either. Truthfully, this software is best for a small practice that's fee for service.

Response from iDentalSoft

Very unfortunate about your experience and thank you for the comments. Bridge, agent running is required for direct capture. We will review staff training to improve on service and support on the use of Treatment Proposal for the Ins Est.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Alonso V.

Simple and functional

Reviewed on 15/06/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It is a complete software for the dental administration, from scheduling appointment, charging the insurers, refilling products with suppliers, very intuitive interface, dental diagrams that facilitate the handling of treatments

Cons

There are not many cons for this software, I feel that the screen could show a little more information about the patient that is being treated.

Carol B.

User friendly

Reviewed on 17/08/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Love that they can customize to all your office needs !!! Great customer service

Pros

Easy to use !!!! Customize all of our needs for a mobile practice !!!!the Demo was fabulous and was very educational !

Cons

I have no cons it’s so practice specific it’s a no brainer to use! Can handle multiple users .can go totally paperless which is perfect for us!