ACE Dental

Dental practice software with appointment support features

4.7 /5 (104 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.8
Kathleen T.
Industry: Medical Practice

ACE Software and support rock!

Reviewed on 5/07/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

As a dental provider for over 20 years I have worked with all of the software out there. What I particularly love about ACE software is the tabs across the top. I don't have to go through 3 or 4 clicks (or more) to find what I'm after. I simply look across the top to find the tab I want and I'm right into the page I need. As a dental provider, time is of the essence. We don't have time to mess around with the hassles of scrolling to accomplish one quick item. This program prevents that problem nicely. When you work all day with patients and software, one less hassle is king. This is MUCH LESS hassle! Thank you ACE!

Cons

Not really anything. Once I had a problem with ACE working with my Windows 10. Face it, Windows 10 is a pain for all of us. ACE had a glitch with something in Windows. Their tech support was right on it. With the next update (just as in my personal MAC and iPhone) it was one and done. Problem solved. I have been with ACE since 2007 and this is the only issue with the software. Do I blame ACE? No, I blame Windows 10. I recommend ACE without reservation! Thanks ACE for keeping me a happy customer!

Kathleen T.
Industry: Medical Practice

One of the customer rep is awesome! She took care of my computer needs today and she was so quick, knowledgeable and friendly all the way!

Reviewed on 14/11/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

If you are on the fence about a dental software company, please consider ACE. I have no other reason to endorse this other than that I use it and I love it! Thank you ACE for such a comprehensive dental software package as your wonderful sales and support team and really working hard to have a great product! Well done!

Pros

I love that we can navigate through the program through the tabs at the top! I don't have to sift through a maze of 20 tabs to get to what I need. They offer every imaginable treat you could need or use and it all works seamlessly! I've used ACE since 2007 and am still thrilled to work with such an awesome team! And yes, I've use other programs as well so this isn't my first rodeo! Have worked in dental since 1995 myself.

Brooke G.
Industry: Medical Practice

Very pleased with both the program and the support!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017

Accounting and insurance billing is a breeze with Ace!

Pros

The program is very user-friendly! It did not take long to get the hang of it. With the help of the support team any problem I had was resolved with a simple phone call, (by "problem" I mean something I did not understand):)

Cons

No complaints! I have not found any issues with this program. Everything task is very simple to complete.

Response from ACE Dental Software

Thank you for the feedback Brooke!

We really try to keep the software as easy to use as possible. There are so many moving parts in a dental practice, we should not have to worry about software difficulty. It shouldn't be difficult to manage a dental practice. Software needs to be easy and uncomplicated!

We appreciate you being an ACE user!

C. F.

This software is extremely easy to use but support is readily available if necessary.

Reviewed on 20/07/2017

Pros

Our patients love the eReminders . Since signing up for the eReminder option, we have very few, if any, No Show appointments now.

Cons

There is not much that I would change regarding this software package. I would like to be able to create a statement for a patient's balance when there are still outstanding insurance claims.

Response from ACE Dental Software

Dr. Faillace,
We do appreciate your feedback and positive review. We already have the feature you are requesting in the software. You can navigate to Statement Set up, under reports and check the box for "Delay Statements with Pending Insurance Claims."
Please feel free to call us if you need assistance in setting this up. Again, thank you for being an ACE customer, we appreciate your feedback.

Kim B.

I learned to navigate Ace in a day! Easy, efficient program!!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017

Having a software that I can depend on just makes my life easier and my day happier.

Pros

Ease of use - Also, if I have any problems, the support staff is wonderful! They are always happy to help even though I am woefully ignorant of computer terminology and they basically have to walk me through everything like I am 4 years old!!

Response from ACE Dental Software

Thank you, Kim. The ACE-Dental team strives to keep the software up to date! Our programmers are top notch and keep a progressive mind set with the software, while keeping ease of use a top priority. Our support team is the best! I have never worked with a more professional, patient and knowledgeable support team!

Joy T.

Love ACE Dental!

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

I have been an ACE Dental Software user for 20 years and have been extremely happy. I use the email and text reminder service and patients love that and are missed appointments have dropped significantly. You won't be disappointed in ACE Dental- customer service is top notch.

Tutorials online
Customer Service excellent
Email/Text Reminders AWESOME

Cons

Which it worked with APPLE COMPUTERS!!

Vicki R.
Industry: Medical Practice

Love the support team of Jackie and doneca ! Always accommodating ! Super responsive !

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 8/12/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The support staff are amazing !! Always friendly and thorough! Makes a frustrating experience more tolerable! Thanks, girls !!

Pros

I like azure and the fact that the price is right - so now I'm writing just to meet ur character requirement.

Cons

Too many glitches. Not forgiving if u schedule too many units for the appointment space. It just deletes the appointment u r trying to make. Also u can't delete duplicate rxs unless it's the same day. Not real user friendly -

Response from John

Thank you for your positive note on support. I was not aware you were having an appointment issue since no other office is experiencing this. It is possible that this is a training issue. Please call our technical support department so we can setup some training time and thoroughly go over everything with you and your staff.

Thank you.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Galina F.

Denika is exremely helpful and alway goes extra mile. Knows the product insideout.

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

Pros

I have used the ACE program for about 9mo it is very user friendly. What I like most about the software is Ereminders and scheduling.

Cons

I think some major reports are missing . For instance, Outstanding amount by insurance companies and some other reports.

Response from ACE Dental Software

Hi Galina!

Thank you! Denika is an outstanding support rep! All of our reps ensure a great customer experience and go the extra mile to be sure you are ok.

I do want to add, the report you mention is in the software already. It is conveniently located in the Insurance tab and can be run very easily! I will as a trainer to reach out to you and walk you through the process.

-Your ACE-Dental Team

Monique L.
Industry: Medical Practice

Ace is very good and would recommend for small to midsize businesses.

Reviewed on 17/12/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Easy to navigate through the modules, the tabs are at the top so you don't have to shift some place else. The customer support is quick and easy to get a hold of. The cost is affordable than other softwares and the the data is quick.

Cons

The dental image is not on cloud, but other than that there are no cons , it is very good software for the money.

Sherry D.

Great Software

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

Been with Ace since 2005, solid support, great features, always improving & adding features. My only want is color options when making notes in the patient's chart. Would make it easier to look quickly through notes for a specific theme.

Pros

ease of use & updates & support

Kiwon S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

User friendly SW

Reviewed on 20/12/2016

There is no other better SW with the affordable price range. Easy to upload images and bridge easily with other radiographic resources. Customer support can not be better.

Pros

Affordable, easy to use and good support.

Cons

Did not find it yet.

Daniel B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

ACE Dental Review

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Pros

User friendly with great customer support

Cons

Would prefer a version to be used on a Mac computer

Sarah C.

Software

Reviewed on 24/02/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Have been using ace for over 6 years. It was very easy to learn and teach my employees. My go to software.

Andrea jazzmyn C.

"Two Thumbs Up"

Reviewed on 28/06/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The software is easy to use. Up to date with new technology. Frequent new additions. Affordable.

Cons

I can't even remember a time when I or Dr. Fine had any negative issues with this vendor.

Cara E.

Awesome

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 23/10/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

pretty easy to learn- customer service always very helpful. Especially cust support representatives!!! :)

Cons

freezes up alot. it also kicks us out quite frequently when we go to check patients out. also changes things (ex. in collections it will change how patient pays. i enter it as visa and it will show up as cash ?)

Imad A.
Industry: Medical Practice

our easy and simple practice mangement software

Reviewed on 28/09/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

the simplicity for any user, the updates and way of delivery but most of all we love the great support

Cons

patient medical history and patient updates during visits about the vendor listening to much to the user personal preferences

Johnnie M.

Not my experience

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

This is the worst piece if software I have ever used. It constantly logs me out and sign in is from the dark ages. I always get errors at login. Lastly, customer service has no idea how to troubleshoot. It is fine to be nice but you should know your tech cold. Very disappointing. I don't know what the problem is but it probably stems from the fact it is written from a different era. I guess if I had a 10 year old computer it might work.

Response from ACE Dental Software

We are sorry you feel this way about your experience Dr. McNichols. In your case in particular, we feel your review is emotion based because you did not receive support as quickly as you wished. As you know, the subscription to our support service is optional. Even though you elected not to subscribe to our support service, we still want to help you. However, it is only fair that we take care of those customers who are paying for support before we help those who are not. Side note, software companies as a whole would not generally offer support unless it is paid for.

When we tried to call you back, we could not reach you or leave a message as your voice mail box was full. I am told that when you called again, your issues were completely resolved.

We have affordable software that does not break the bank and support is an option. Still, we truly apologize for this single experience that you had with our software and will offer you 30 days of support for free, we want to be sure

Brittney W.

ACE Dental Review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 10/06/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The software is very efficient and user friendly. The customer support is great as well. They are fast to answer and great help.

Cons

There really isn't anything that comes to mind to go against this software other than sometimes the account information for a patient doesn't transfer over.

Sherman Z.

5 star survey.

Reviewed on 23/06/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I am not the type of person to ask for a review. Since using ACE 5 Star Survey, I have received many reviews on Google Review and Yelp. This helps tremendously for new patients looking at reviews before selecting a new dentist.

Cons

Everything is all pluses! There is nothing I do not like about product.

Sue E.

great customer support

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

our office is not good with computers and your support team are super with guiding us through our issues. thank you so much

Veronica A.

Customer support is always Helpful. Software is easy to use and easy to figure out

Reviewed on 29/09/2017

Pros

Its user friendly. The cloud feature makes it easier to manage remotely. Reports are clear to understand. E-reminders get to patients timely. No interruptions in service due to server issues.

Cons

Ereminders still remind patients about old appointment times when they reschedule. We've had instances where patients call or email upset because they've called to reschedule but they get a reminder that the appointment is still set for the original time

Response from ACE Dental Software

Veronica-
Thank you for all of the great feedback! Being on the cloud has huge advantages and we are glad you're enjoying it! In addressing your con- if patient appointments are rescheduled at the end of a day it is important to go to the eReminder menu and click "send appointments to ace." This will ensure all appointments are up to date that may have been changed at the last minute. If you need any help with this, please give us a call, we are happy to walk you through it!

-Your ACE-Dental Team

Amalou L.

So happy that we researched before we committed to getting ACE for our office. Best decision made!

Reviewed on 5/04/2018

Pros

It has everything we need to run our dental office; scheduling, charting, bridging our digital x-rays, employees time clock, claims, etc. They have great customer support, user friendly, and very affordable.

Cons

The dental images are not on clouds, so if I'm not in the office, I can't check my patients radiographs.

Response from ACE Dental Software

Thank you for your great review! If you are using an Apteryx or a relabeled Apteryx product for imaging, you should contact them to get XVWeb. If not, talk to them about a conversions of your images. We expect the other image software companies to announce a web based product in the near future.

Sherman Z.
Industry: Medical Practice

Great experience. Rarely have problems. If so, support is readily available and solves the problem immediately. They are constantly updating the software also.

Reviewed on 31/10/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The recall system is amazing. I have been in practice for 35 years. I use to send out Recall Reminder Cards with poor results. With ACE reminder system, my front desk sometimes has to call ACE to stop sending reminders as we have no vacancies available in our appointment book. There appointment book reminders has virtually eliminated No Shows.

Pros

Ease of use yet more features than I would ever use are available. The IT support is great. They listen to suggestions.

Cons

Maybe they can update the appearance of the program a little.

Francis S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

ACE is the way to go!

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

I love using ACE, there are a lot of features that make the day go a lot smoother. Its nice to have boxes specifically for notes -very convenient. The support is without a doubt the best out there. If I ever have issues the rep is always there to help me solve my technical problems immediately and is very knowledgeable!

Pros

Ease of use and many useful features

Cons

I do wish that whatever I typed in was automatically saved and sometimes account info for a patient does not always transfer over to patient info.

Kevin L.

easy to use software

Reviewed on 23/08/2017

Pros

easy of using, great tech support, cloud, multi users, great software. hardly any problem with data base

Cons

if it can include medical history, consent, etc to support paperless office forms. Billing statement/pretreatment estimate is little complicate