MOGO

Cloud based dental practice management software

4.4 /5 (61 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.1
4.3
4.5
Abby S.

Mogo

Reviewed on 5/09/2019

We have been using MOGO for over 10 years. Originally we used the server edition but have switched to the cloud recently and we have been very pleased. The remote login option is great for bad weather days! The technical support services have been wonderful in helping with any questions or problems we have encountered.

Pros

The best part about MOGO is how easy it is to use. If you hover the curser over any button, it tells you what it does! Training is a breeze.

Cons

I have no complaints about the software. It is continually being updated and new options appear with every update.

Sarah Y.

Not user-friendly and very slow software

Reviewed on 25/07/2017

none. I dislike MOGO.

Pros

Once you finally complete a treatment plan, I like how you can easily move the phases of treatment around, this was not a feature in the previous software I have used. We have 4 locations. I like that I can access databases for all the locations.

Cons

It is not very user-friendly, especially in the clinical aspect. There is no quick way to do anything. Taking Xrays other than a PAN is a nightmare. Entering a treatment plan takes forever (there is a long lag-time when entering treatment)! MOGO errors and crashes multiple times a day. Please don't think this is an issue with the hardware-it was all updated to comply with the MOGO system requirements. The Medical history is a mess. There isn't a good way to get there and you have to fill a new form out each time (it doesn't save answers for a patient to re-sign at a subsequent appointment if there are no changes). It is also very difficult to access the MedHx once it is completed (You have to search through the notes section to access it). The software needs work and I feel like a beta tester, yet we were told this was the latest and greatest software. I would welcome MOGO to sit in the op with me while I work to improve the clinical time it takes to use their software. The training is insufficient for such a non-user-friendly software. I had no formal training with a few other dental software. They were all very easy to learn; even temps caught on quickly. There are many inconsistencies with it as well. You can do something in one patient's chart, go to do it in another and it doesn't work. I also think it could use a facelift. The software itself looks up-to-date within the home screen, but once you navigate away from it, it looks like an old MS-DOS system.

Response from MOGO

Thank you for your feedback on the MOGO program and your time to let us know your concerns.
We have been here for over 30 years and do understand our clients concerns are our priority. Each software has its unique setup of strength and weakness and we strive to consistently improve. We really would appreciate if you would spend some time to work with us on the concerns you have. To better our product for you as well as all of our MOGO users is always our goal.
It is great to hear your customer service experience has been favorable. We consistently work very hard to progress relations. We will be in touch soon!

Corinne F.

MOGO has worked well for our office over the past 10+ yrs. The support team has been great!

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

Pros

All the customizable features, reports, colors and settings. The charts are great and colorful. Importing x-rays and documents is a very simple process. Searching for a patient on the lookup list is easy since you can search by any information you have in any column. (i.e. patient phone number, or first name) . The schedule is easy to read and customize. The electronic claims features and being able to check the to do list to make sure none were missed.

Cons

That only one person can access the transaction screen at a time - for example, the hygienist wants to access it for dating the treatment and doing her notes, but cannot as the receptionist has it open to collect payment. Also if I want to make a treatment plan and print it, and the receptionist wants in there to complete a transaction, only one of us can work in there at a time.
Also would like to have a local support available for in office training. We have never had in office training in our office. We've had to figure it out by the training videos and trial & error, and some tips along the way. We know that there are a lot more features that we could use and enjoy if someone could come and walk us through the steps and answer all the questions we have about using those features. Many of the training videos are outdated, though I have noticed new ones in the past year.
I wish the statements could be more customizable by individual. (like choosing a separate address to send it to instead of the family head, or in cases of children of divorced parents being able to generate and customize statements for both sets of parents). What messages to include for that individual to print and better explain the billing, etc.
When I want to print a receipt, I have to go through 4 prompts to get a receipt to print.

Becky B.

Knowledgeable

Reviewed on 10/08/2017

Pros

The ease of putting information.
I like how you can easily move the treatment plan around.
Very user friendly. Trey is highly skilled and professional.
very helpful.

Cons

I was not really impressed with the online training, maybe more
written manuals.
Need to know more about the backup for mogo cloud on the data.

Response from MOGO

Hello Becky,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review MOGO. We put great emphasis on the development of our treatment planning suite, great to hear that you are enjoying the features! Trey has been a rock star member of our technical team, we will make sure to let him know that you found his troubleshooting very helpful in technical support. We want to make sure we can answer all of your questions about the back up asap, you will be hearing from our team in a few minutes here. Thanks again for your feedback!

Teresa C.

MOGO Cloud

Reviewed on 6/09/2019

Simple to learn program with great support.

Pros

Monthly payments instead of a huge threatening amount due at the beginning or end of year, never knowing what it will be or how to come up with it.
Assurance that our patients privacy is protected and HIPPA policy is protected.
Love the text, email confirmation capabilities!!

Cons

The program is slower than before.
Sometimes the text confirmation holds up the computer program so I can not work with my patients.
The monthly reminder is too extreme and does not listen when I ask it to remind me the next day.

David W.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

A great experience! Matt went overboard to help us.

Reviewed on 27/10/2017

It saved us an enormous amount of money by allowing a team member to generate reports that would have otherwise taken them hours and hours of work to have been able to accomplish.

Pros

It's comprehensiveness and ease of use. We also loved that it would allow us to generate medical insurance claims as well as the dental insurance claims.

Cons

It is not compatible with some other software designed to work with dental software. It was a bit difficult to learn all that MOGO could do for us due the the comprehensiveness of the program.

Frank A.

Mogo Cloud includes every feature I need for my practice to be at its optimal performance!

Reviewed on 25/06/2015

Switching to the Mogo Cloud was one of the best decisions I have made for my practice both in terms of cost reduction and reliability. A computer at my practice was unfortunately exposed to a virus online and ended up crashing entirely due to the attack. This was a stressful situation however with the Mogo Cloud I was assured that my data was safe. Since all of my data was securely stored in the cloud, I did not lose any data and I did not compromise my patients private information. I am thrilled to know that my data and office are protected and my office is running smoothly after the virus attack.

Response from MOGO

All of us at Mogo are thrilled to hear that you are reaping the benefits of the Mogo Cloud. We understand that virus threats are a true concern to any computer that has an internet connection and a very serious threat to your valuable data, we are jubilant that your office was able to use the security of Mogo and the Microsoft Cloud to keep your data safe! We look forward to working with you in the future! Please remember that our number one priority is our clients and your feedback. We take the saying, "when your happy, I am happy," to a completely new level-we act on it to ensure you are a happy Mogo user! If there is anything that you would like to see implemented or enhanced in the Mogo Cloud program please call us at 800-944-6646, we would love to hear your ideas and feedback! Thank you for your loyalty and we will be speaking to you soon! Take care!

John N.

We have been using Mogo for 20 years and are very pleased with the software!

Reviewed on 29/07/2015

We have been using Mogo for 20 years and are very pleased with the software. We plan to stay with Mogo because this program is constantly evolving to meet the demands of a modern dental practice. Such innovation has helped us maintain a fluid, consistent operation. As with all software, it has some glitches, but these small issues are resolved with updates. Moreover, Mogo's technical support is great. They can work remotely to fix issues quickly, which is something we really appreciate. Great work, Team Mogo!

Response from MOGO

20 years speaks for itself, thank you for being loyal to Mogo Dental Software. It is only because of you that we are able to uphold our integrity and continue to evolve through all of these 30+ years- not only as an dental software company however a contributor to the dental community. Mogo has been owned by one individual owner all of these years and through his vision we have been able to stay above the technology curve! Our priorities remain the same: excellent customer service, helpful and punctual technical support and placing our clients as #1 ALWAYS! We are ecstatic to hear that our efforts are recognized, through your wonderful compliment, in regards to our technical support team. Thank you again for your kind words, we look forward to another 20 years!

Evelina M.

Great customer service with prompt response on technical support issues.

Reviewed on 20/01/2016

I have found the technical support personnel at MOGO to be very prompt in their response time. They were patient with me and their knowledge of navigating the software allowed for minimal lost time in problem solving. They were always courteous and took a genuine interest in making our office as efficient as possible.

Response from MOGO

Evelina,
We are blushing, thank you for your darling comments about our service team! Remember, if you are ever tied up and can't call our technical support department, feel free to email us your inquiry! [email protected]
We understand that sometimes email isn't an option, you can continue to call us at 800-944-6646.
On the behalf of MOGO Inc., we appreciate your feedback and will continue to exceed your expectations.

Take care and talk to you soon!

Ellen D.

Reviewed on 18/11/2015

I'm learning something new every day and look forward to utilizing all of the features the Cloud has to offer. Excellent Experience. Since I am not computer savvy, they are extremely patient with me! Whenever I have had an issue they were quick to respond and take care of the problem. In the past, so much time was wasted doing things manually. The Cloud freed up time to do other important things in the office. Billing and Recalls-prior to Cloud we had to handle recalls manually now with this feature it's efficient and no recalls are overlooked. Electronic billing is quick and easy.

The Mogo Cloud Software has really updated the office and has taken us to a new level of efficiency!

Vincent G.

Highly recommend Mogo Azure

Reviewed on 3/09/2019

I am pleased with being able to access the Mogo software remotely from any computer, without needing my office server. This is convenient if I need to access a patient record after hours from my home. Also, they have a very reliable backup to their Cloud, so I don't need to worry about doing a daily manual backup or worry about a virus attacking my system. My overall experience with Mogo Azure is highly positive!

Pros

I have used Mogo for over 15 years. The program is very easy to use. The technical support staff is excellent. They are very reliable, and they promptly return my calls. I recently upgraded to the Mogo Cloud service, which was a smooth transition. I am glad that I switched to their cloud service because recently my server was hit with a ransomware virus that accessed my system through my backup company's servers. The Mogo Cloud prevented the hackers from getting to my patient information on my Mogo program! I absolutely recommend Mogo for their Cloud protection and for their incredible technical support!

Cons

Mogo has a lot of information that takes some initial time to learn. We are now very comfortable with the program because we have determined which program components work best at my office. Technical support was very helpful with my staff as we initially learned their program.

• Industry: Higher Education

I have been a MOGO customer for over 20 years. That should say it all!

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

It served me very well for over 20 years. Although I recently sold my practice, I still recommend this software highly to the students I teach in my practice management courses at UMKC.

Pros

First of all, MOGO is very intuitive to learn and use. It opens with a list of every patient, similar to a Rolodex. All of the functions of the program are accessible from this starting point. The letter writing and template creation capability is one of the hallmarks of their software. I am very familiar with other popular brands of dental practice management software and what takes one keystroke with MOGO, typically requires multiple steps with competitors. I have always found their customer service department and reps to be friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to stay with you until your question is answered to your satisfaction. Another aspect of their business model that I have found to be most beneficial is their willingness to listen to my suggestions and sometimes incorporate my ideas to enhance their product in a future upgrade. I have had MOGO transfer data from another software system and convert it to a MOGO platform and never experienced any major issues. Finally, if you compare the price you pay for MOGO software and service with other leading competitors, you will save money with MOGO and own a superior product. MOGO is easy to use, the program encompasses every imaginable feature, the company employs great people, and it can be purchased for a reasonable cost. Don't waste too much time exploring other options. You will not be disappointed with MOGO!

Cons

There are not many things that fall into this category in my experience with MOGO over 20+ years. As with any software program, new versions sometimes have programming bugs that have not been completely worked out yet. Although it is frustrating at the time, MOGO technical support has always been very helpful and getting any glitches corrected ASAP.

• Industry: Medical Practice

As a 20 year user of MOGO software my advice is , "look no further"

Reviewed on 28/01/2016

Pros

Through my other professional associations, I have become familiar with many of the major dental practice management software programs over the years. What I have discovered is that MOGO continues to stand out from its competitors in many ways.

The MOGO program is very intuitive and easy to learn. Beginners can become competent in a very short period of time. Built-in training and tutorials cover all aspects of the product. Like most software programs, most users utilize only a small part of the total package. However, MOGO packs more capabilities into its software than you could ever use. Unlike a lot of its peers, every module that MOGO offers is a part of the package that you purchase. There are no expensive add-ons or related expenses. Your data is backed up on the fly and held securely in the Cloud. The letter writing and correspondence options are outstanding and the major reason that steered me to MOGO initially. It can produce any report that you can imagine. The program opens into what is called the Look Up List which is essentially a rolodex of all of your patients. It couldn't be any simpler.

Cons

N/A. I don't have any negative comments at this time.

David T.

As a 20 year user of MOGO software my advice is this, "look no further, you have found the...

Reviewed on 11/06/2015

The start with, the sales and technical support departments are knowledgeable, courteous, and most of their key people have been there for years. There is little turnover at MOGO and that equates to consistency and predictability. It does not take multiple layers of help to get answers at MOGO. In tech support, you can usually reach someone immediately who can assist you with a successful resolution of your issue on the spot. Although I don't have much need for technical help after being a user for 20 years, when I do I can count on the same people and they have never disappointed me. There are no dumb questions or insignificant concerns at MOGO.

I would encourage anyone shopping for dental management software to compare all the major brands. But when you consider initial and on-going costs, ease of use, customer support, innovation, safety of data, and the ability to deal with the most experienced programmers and staff around, I think you will also find MOGO to be a great choice.

Don't take my word for it. Call MOGO and ask if you can try out the entire program on a trial basis. I doubt if you will want to return it!

Response from MOGO

Doctor Thein,
Thank you for all of your kind words! It is because of clients such as yourself that Mogo has been able to strategically plan, develop and execute key features in the Mogo dental software, since 1983. It has been a pleasure serving you with your dental software needs for the last 20 years, your loyalty to Mogo is greatly appreciated! We strive to provide Dentists and Specialists the most comprehensive dental software and we are glad to hear that the program has benefited you and your clinic is so many ways. As always, do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns or comments-we love hearing from you!
All the Best,
Team Mogo
800-944-6646
www.mogo.com
www.facebook.com/mogodentalsoftware

Larry R.

Wow- Incredible customer Support!

Reviewed on 17/08/2016

I been a customer for 20 years and very rarely had any problems with Mogo. It has been a reliable partner in my dental practice! But after an employee carelessly opened a malicious attachment in an email I found the real value of this software. It's state of the art encryption protected all my data! Matt and the entire customer support team confidently lead me through this horrifying experience. This experience convinced me to switch to Mogo's Cloud Based Program. WOW the transition was seamless ,and was back in business in 1 day. Thank you MOGO!

Pros

Mogo offer you a real complete system! For a very fair monthly fee you get the complete program. Over the years I have research many other programs , but I always stayed with Mogo. Now that I am on the Mogo Cloud I no longer need to service and buy servers. This will be a great savings in my practice . I was quite surprised how well the program works on the cloud, my staff and myself all agree it is even faster then when we used a local server.The program integrates well with my other technologies, digital radiography and 3-D intraoral scanning.

Cons

In general I have no real complaints with this software. I have researched and tested many other programs,there are things I liked better on some other programs. However as a total package for the money I have found no greater complete package.

Vincent G.

We are very happy with our Mogo program, especially because of their excellent technical...

Reviewed on 14/07/2017

Pros

Entering new patient information and appointment scheduling are very easy to learn. We like the recall tracking system with it's "past due" and "recall by month" options. The free text reminder feature is convenient and easy to set up. Their technical support staff is very good and extremely patient too. One of the customer representatives has always been incredibly helpful to us on many occasions, most recently with solving my webcam issues.

Cons

For some reason, I seem to have problems with the digital communication suite. I can't seem to send mail consistently from my outbox.

Response from MOGO

Dr. Gasparaitis,
Thanks so much for your kind words, we really appreciate your feedback. As you know, we are continually developing more features within MOGO to help your office succeed. However, customer service has been our #1 priority, since 1984! It's great to hear that Trey and Victoria, our rock star techs, are able to assist you with your MOGO inquires.

We can definitely take a look at your DCS email, we will be in touch soon. Please don't hesitate to contact us in the future, we love hearing from you! Thanks again, have a great weekend.

Stephen A.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Advanced and easy to use dental software that is dependable.

Reviewed on 1/12/2015

Pros

I have lectured on technology and the use of computers in a dental office, at many local and national dental meetings. In my personal office, MOGO Dental Software has helped me seamlessly run my dental practice for the last 30 years. We have changed from DOS to Windows and now Windows to the Cloud. I have recently upgraded to the Mogo Cloud and found this to be a great money saver in regards to my hardware and IT services. The cloud which is controlled by Microsoft is HIPAA compliant and affords the most protection to our office data. It is secure against viruses, hackers and data corruption. It is comforting to know that we are no longer dependent on sometimes undependable local backup.

Cons

Nothing, the company is always client centric and understands the needs of users, both clinicians and staff.

John K.

I'm not very tech savvy myself, so letting MOGO handle my server and data is the most cost...

Reviewed on 3/08/2015

The Mogo Cloud has reduced my overhead costs significantly by removing my server, I no longer have to pay for server maintenance or pay to have my server replaced. My staff and I can access Mogo from anywhere which makes it incredibly convenient to schedule patients over the weekend and when the office is closed. The technological innovation that Mogo has designed to run cloud based is impressive; moving to the cloud did not result in loosing features in the program. Lastly, the technical support team at Mogo has been incredibly helpful in answering all of our questions in a timely manner with the up most professionalism.

Response from MOGO

The Mogo Cloud was designed and developed to do exactly what you had described; save our clients money, ease/resolve security concerns, relieve IT headaches AND provide a comprehensive dental software filled with an abundance of features! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying the Mogo Cloud and doing what you do best: quality dentistry! Thank you for being a Mogo user, we appreciate you and your staff and further thank you for giving us the opportunity to service you with your dental software needs via the Mogo Cloud. Our technical support team strives to be punctual and aid in any technical questions that arise. It has been an absolute pleasure working with you and we look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service and innovative technology. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any other feedback or questions (800) 944-6646.

Rennie W.

rrrdmd dental office

Reviewed on 10/04/2017

Our rep has continuously been extemley helpful at every call..he also returns every call very quickly..he has made using this service absolutely wonderful . Matt has been a god send for our office. I cant say enough good things reguarding the help he has extended to us.

Pros

using there support

Cons

nothing so far

Leisa G.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Mogo made me feel like my opinions were both valued and appreciated.

Reviewed on 19/07/2017

Being able to have all four of our offices on one database.

Pros

The costumer service and technical support is top notch, being able to make custom reports, and I love the fact the we have an integrated software program for our 4 office locations!

Cons

Often too many steps/clicks to accomplish a task, however if requested the IT team works diligently to customize a better process!

Response from MOGO

Leisa,
Thank you for the fabulous review, we appreciate your input! Your organization has been an absolute pleasure to work with, you guys rock! Your suggestions and feedback are invaluable and we value you as a MOGO client! We are glad that you find our custom reporting options and the multi-location environment beneficial. We will continue to develop and make strong advancements in the MOGO Cloud Program. Please keep in touch, our tech team loves hearing from you, we are here to help! Enjoy the rest of your summer and thank you again for your kind words.

Danielle P.

MOGO Office Management Software for Orthodontic Office

Reviewed on 20/01/2016

When my husband and I first opened our orthodontic office, we were burdened with so many expenses (including student loans), that the price of MOGO fit into our budget perfectly. We have been using MOGO since then. MOGO's office management software includes so many features that are "extra" charges with other software companies, such as scheduling, e-reminders and e-confirmations. The program is flexible enough that we are able to customize it for our use as an orthodontic office. The technical support is excellent and the support team works through any problems we encounter, and these are just usually operator error. When we opened our second location, we purchased MOGO for that location as well. Our experience with MOGO for the past 14 years has been easy and excellent!

Response from MOGO

Dr. Panichella,

Thank you for your review. Throughout the development of our software, we really focused on how we can aid specialists with daily office activities and that is why we have so many customization capabilities for your orthodontic practice, without the additional charges. I am glad to hear that you have benefited from the software and expanded to more locations! Hope to hear from you soon!

Adriana R.

Worst program don't purchase, doesn't work as promised, support is not supportive or effective

Reviewed on 15/06/2017

Cons

Features don't work. You have to call tech support constantly. You have to work around software.tech support takes too long to figure things out, until you forget and move on. Bad reviews are not submitted.

Response from MOGO

Dear Dr. Adriana Rodriguez,

We are very sorry for the troubles after moving to the MOGO Cloud from our server version. Unfortunately, some circumstances are beyond our control, certain ISP providers may have trouble with a steady internet. After our Support Technicians spoke with your internet service provider and office, pocket loss was affecting the performance of the MOGO Cloud program but now resolved. We greatly appreciate your business and please let us know if we can assist you any further.

R benjamin S.

When Mogo went Cloud, they did it right

Reviewed on 24/03/2016

The amount of features and services found within the Mogo software can compete with or exceed any major dental software program. Mogo is unique in that their company does not nickel and dime for each added software feature such as text and email appointment confirmation or monthly Xray fees. Our office has been with Mogo for close to 30 years. Their have been some frustrating times for our office as Mogo was adding new features through the years. However, when Mogo went cloud, we have seen almost all features of the software work better. We have two offices that can conveniently link to the same cloud database and we can rest assured that should we have a computer virus or other catastrophe, all our data is securely saved offsite. We can also log into our Mogo program from anywhere, and I am excited to learn of the ability to add a Mogo app to my phone in the near future. I am very pleased that Mogo is always looking to improve. I practice the same way, and only want to work with a company that will move forward with technology to position it's clients to be at the forefront of modern dentistry.

Jean W.

Mogo Azure (Cloud based) is the worst program ever for dentists

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

Pros

Nothing. I don't like anything about this program. Dentrix or Eaglesoft would be a better choice.

Cons

We updated to the cloud based software this year. It has been a huge headache. The response time for even just opening a patient chart is absurd. It takes several mouse clicks to even make an appointment or enter in treatment. Very little is intuitive. Mogo will also randomly get stuck and shut down multiple times a day.

Do not buy this software for a dental office. I dread coming to work because I have to use Mogo.

Rebecca H.

We have been a Mogo client since the early 1990's and are very happy with it's evolution.

Reviewed on 14/06/2017

Pros

We love the ease of use most of all. Things are clearly defined when searching for them. Another importance to us is support. Whenever we have a technical issue someone is very prompt in returning our call and efficient in solving the issue. We also purchased a product that was not compatible with the Mogo program and they did everything they could including writing a new program to ensure our satisfaction!!

We recently installed the new version of MOGO and it was the easiest it has ever been. We usually have to call to get assistance and for the first time ever I was able to complete the process without assistance from an IT person or the assistance of the MOGO IT department!!!! Way to go MOGO!!!