WorkOtter

#1 Rated SaaS Project, Resource, & Portfolio Management PPM

161 Software options

Kristina H.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

This Was the Right Choice!

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

The overall experience has been overwhelmingly exciting, and the people who are involved with this software played a large part in this. The sales officials, support team, and installation guides have all instilled a sense of trust in me with WorkOtter. There were a few confusing moments throughout the learning process, and the staff on-call through WorkOtter really took charge of the situation for us. Every question we have had has been answered and in a satisfying way.

Pros

There are so many things that I like about this software but just to name a few I would have to say for sure the cohesive way it functions with Microsoft Excel. We are at the beginning of our companies development, and so until diving into this program we have been using strictly Microsoft software to maintain scheduling, data, reports, etc.. The transition has been easy and enjoyable as everything aligns very well with our current documents and what other employees are comfortable using at this beginning stage.
Another great thing I have discovered about this software are the interactive visuals within reports. These are great for understanding the flow of finances, the growth (or lack of it) that is taking place, along with the strategies that are underway that are (or aren't) making an impact. Now that I have this tool in front of me, I can better make decisions and in turn, provide more impactful data to the other people on my team.

Cons

Nothing! It has been such a game-changer within our business in just the few months we have been using it.

LiquidPlanner and Adobe Workfront

Reasons for Switching to WorkOtter

The first reason that WorkOtter caught my attention was how much more affordable it was compared to its competition. What kept my attention was the interaction dashboard options, the visual aids, and the ease of the software overall. I felt like everything else I looked at was quite a bit overwhelming, so when I was exploring the samples from WorkOtter, I was nothing short of impressed by how easily I could navigate through it with no prior experience. That is what made me make the commitment, and I have no regrets.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used for 1-5 months

Comprehensive project management tool for all project phases

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Pros

The ability to plan a project to a very detailed or very simple level with all options in between. Very adaptable to the level of planning a particular product needs.

Cons

Single-currency. For international projects it would be very impactful to be able to see fiscal amounts in currencies used, rather than having to manually calculate outside the systems.

Response from WorkOtter

Thank you for your response.

We appreciate your overall score but some of your sub scores encourages us to do better.

Notably - your support experience didn't live up to your expectations. We take great pride in our support (college educated, min 5 years PPM experience, US only, many rounds of testing/interviewing). At WorkOtter our support team is some of our best paying and most appreciated roles (unlike competitors who it is offshore or underappreciated)

Kindly contact your Success Manager to elaborate on your experience and we would be happy to address your concerns.

We are all here to help you.

Aaron B.

Where has WorkOtter been my entire PM life???

Reviewed on 1/09/2020

Our small but growing agency has been using a combination of Asana and Smartsheets for years. This is because a large portion of our team are creatives (designers/video editors), we used Asana for internal comms and the KANBAN style board to get this work from ideation to development, and finally to distribution. We used smartsheets to keep our client's up-to-date with completed work doneand invoicing. As our work has gotten more complex, we started seeing the need to fully combine these two systems: automate.io was the only solution on the market and even this looked like it would make things more complicated to keep the system working over time. We needed something that worked and didn't require constant updates to the API. Thats's when we were told about WorkOtter. Our sales person was able to answer all of our questions, and helped us find solutions to our current Best Practices. It was like he had a solution for everything we threw at him!

Pros

- Our WorkOtter rep Dave, gave our team the best possible training. It only took us 3.5 weeks to get our entire team onboarded and using the program.

- The open APIs allow us to sync with various sytems including JIRA and even excel sheets. This allows us to pipe data directly to our clients!

- Dashboards that can be customized. What's even more amazing is that these dashboards are community-based, so improvements and additions are being made constantly.

- Most important for us, since we are always on the road, is the ability of the system to work well as a mobile experience.

Cons

Onboarding was great, but getting that started took a bit of time. Not so much a CON for the software or its team.....everyone's resources have been stretched thin due to COVID-19. We'll get through this!

Reasons for Choosing WorkOtter

We outgrew our ability to use Asana and Smartsheets together.

Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to WorkOtter

‐ The ability to quickly switch between interactive ‐ Portfolio management is best in class, I haven't seen other PM programs with this many features. ‐ Gantt charts too! ‐ APIs are completely open, and allow us to pipe information to our clients without trouble. Any issues we had, the WorkOtter team was extremely helpful. It's hard to get service like that from most of the PM software you can find in the market today. - Very easy to use.
Jessica D.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

By far the best project management software!

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

There are so many benefits WorkOtter has brought to our company. We never realized how broken our communication was before using the software. We were not meeting deadlines and everyone always seemed to be on a different page when it came to making decisions. Communication is key when it comes to project management, WorkOtter helped us realize that.

Pros

We use WorkOtter for all project management in our department. Specifically, we use the software to create tasks, modify deadlines, and prioritize projects according to budget and objectives. With the help of the analytical tools in the Dashboard, we were able to stay consistent with reporting and making decisions. It was also great that we can customize dashboards according to the user role.

Not only does it have amazing features, but it also created a supportive and team building work environment. The software automates team collaboration and has brought us together as an organization in many ways. You can easily keep track of status on tasks, and easily assign team members with work. So, you will be always on time. Our communication as a whole has never been better.

By far the best product we've used!

Cons

The software has brought so many positive features to our company. I couldn't find any significant drawbacks.

Muhammad ali K.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

User Friendly and very effective PM software

Reviewed on 3/07/2019

Satisfied to choose WorkOtter as our Project Management software. Developed exactly according to the needs of Project managers. Organizing our tasks were not been as smoother as these are now with the help of this Software. WorkOtter seems like a member of our team which supports us in an incredible way.

Pros

WorkOtter has provided us an opportunity to get control over our complex tasks. Organization of tasks is extremely simple in the software. The software is highly user friendly and doesn’t require hours and hours of training to get used to it. Perfect software for scheduling and communication. As a PC I am always updated on the project, it takes few moments to have a check on the activities of my colleagues.
Integration of files is easy on to the online database. Easy execution of sharing and uploading files saves time. Assigning taks to members has become so convenient with WorkOtter. 2 way synchronization with JIRA is an additional benefit. The interface is aesthetically designed which is soothing to eyes. The level of customization in the software made me feel empowered and that is what you need as a PC. Lastly, it is affordable and the amount of benefits it entails definitely makes it worthy to use.

Cons

Until now the software is working pretty fine. There are no major glitches which we have encountered. Initially, some very minor concerns appeared because it was a new software for us however, the more we are using it, we are getting familiar with the software. I think due to its high customization we are unable to find any major drawback so far.

Alex S.
  • Industry: Insurance

My best way to save time

Reviewed on 13/04/2019

First of all, we are happy we picked WorkOtter because now it’s easier to see what my collaborators are doing and if they do it well. Also, we are more organised and the efficiency is better now and it was a problem in my company because we made a good work but we had long time results. Also, WorkOtter hadn’t some surprises like putting pressure to buy more and it made us more comfortable with this software.

Pros

The thing I’ve liked the most was that it is a complex program, with many features, but it is very easy to use. For example, a nice feature which I loved was that me, as a manager, I could subscribe to reports and after that I’ve received a lot of information directly on my e-mail and I think this is great for managers to see how is the specific project going and where they can work too to make it better. Also, on my e-mail I got all updates, but I got attached dashboards.

Also, another thing I’ve liked were the interactive visuals inside reports and I mean by that I could see all the work using infographics and custom the schedule, see my workers’ individual work. With that, I could understand all the complex data easier, discover patterns and find the problems of my workers so that I could talk to them.

Cons

I think WorkOtter is the best software I’ve ever user. I thought it will have some problems which I’ve discovered on other softwares like this but I can’t complain about nothing because all was good for me and we were happy because we choose the right software and I hope it won’t disappoint us in the future.

Daniell W.
  • Industry: Executive Office

WorkOtter lets me keep track of ALL my puzzle pieces

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

We needed something to bring together all the features we needed (and were using too many programs to accomplish) and WorkOtter did that.

Pros

I love that I can customize the dashboards and that this tool allows us to forecast projects which helps us with reporting to upper management.

And the Gantt charts! 😍

Cons

No cons to list yet - we're still building it out!

Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing WorkOtter

It allowed us to consolidate

Asana

Reasons for Switching to WorkOtter

Much more adaptive and intuitive than a clunky spreadsheet system!
Barbara T.

Incredibly user friendly. Easy to use. Broad range of features. Amazing customer support.

Reviewed on 12/02/2018

Pros

I love the fact that this software is so much easier to use than other systems I have tried before. It's just so simple to get started with. And whenever I run into a problem and I need help, they have this amazing support team that always answers all my questions. In general it serves all my team members really well since they can easily keep up with the work and constantly track the time and status of all projects. Another feature that I really like is that management can subscribe to reports and get all their updates via regular emails with the necessary dashboards attached to it.

Cons

I know it sounds unreal, but nothing really until so far. This program simply has been great for us. The one thing I can think of is that the only language currently supported is English. My company could do well with Spanish for example. But it has not been a real issue.

Agatha R.
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Collaboration is the key word for this PPM.

Reviewed on 28/05/2017

Pros

This is a capable project management and work management tool that comes with several excellent dynamic features for helping teams work on projects through completion. What I like the most about this PPM is that collaboration across the team increased after WO was implemented. My team is able to keep track of work, track time, provide status and share documentation, we no longer have files in different places and different version which is something that help us avoiding errors due to wrong data, avoids rework. Gantt charts are easy to set up, view and edit, as a PMO this is crucial and I appreciate how easy it is to work on Gantt charts with this program.

Daryl B.

WorkOtter from the Top Down or from the Bottom Up | Comprehensive Project Management Reporting

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

Pros

First, branding matters: By thinking ahead to allow the end-users to make customer changes to color schemes, logos, images, and arrangement of views, the software puts the customer (user) first. The dynamics of the software are comprehensive: executive level summary reporting, project management leadership reporting, and task ownership visibility with full access management solutions.

Cons

I don't see this as a "con", but rather an opportunity for greater reach. I would enjoy making this solution available to more clients with greater ease of integrating the software with other solutions. Examples: Project/Project Server and ALM. Making integration via data importing from other systems/tools would be a great selling point for me in offering this software as a solution to other clients.

Leticia R.

This is everything I had to do manually before, it helps a lot to have automated help.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017

Automated features that otherwise I had to do manually or with very complex Excel files.

Pros

Resource management and capacity planning features
Start simple but has advanced PM features (Issues, Risks, Changes, Status Reporting)
Management can subscribe to reports and get all their updates via regular emails with attached dashboards
Ability to build your own dashboards and reports and share them with others
Manage Gantt charts with interactive features
Link and attach documents with no data usage caps and with unlimited storage
Dashboards tailored to the user's role
Integration with JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project (2-way)
Reports can be automatically emailed to users

Cons

Cloud is only option (no local onsite version available), the company that I work for is regulating Cloud apps.

Morgan M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Meets all my custom needs

Reviewed on 14/04/2017

WorkOtter really takes into consideration all types of projects. The dashboard is visually appealing and easy to navigate, allowing for quick status updates. Plus it's customizable based on your role in the organization. The user/resource management piece is most useful for my organization. Many systems allow you to assign resources, but WorkOtter is unique in that you can import your org structure into the system, creating a whole new level of resource management.

My favorite part is the ability to build or import templates and tools. As a Certified Project Manager through the Project Management Institute I always go to PMI to find templates that are relevant to my project. Having the ability to import these templates directly into my workflow is a huge benefit for me.

I would highly recommend WorkOtter for any project, large or small. This is next level management.

Pros

The resource management is incredible because it syncs with your org structure. The levels of project vs. portfolio management is helpful for a high level overview and displays nicely on the dashboard. The ability to import custom templates and tools is my personal favorite.

Cons

There are so many features you may not use them all, but they're there when you need them!

David P.

WorkOtter has made my workload much easier leaving me time for more critical tasks.

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

If you are managing many projects and teams on multiple platforms you will love this product.

Pros

The ease of setting up the Instance with the Excel Spreadsheets that are included with the software. This saved time and was so easy to understand, unlike other software that requires a developer to comprehend and set up.

WorkOtters ability to connect with other platforms is a powerful benefit most other PMS companies fail miserably in providing.

Cons

We were a little annoyed at first for having to wait to begin however, the customer service team was so helpful. I personally am ecstatic that we were patient and gave the team time enough to tailor my product to the exact needs I had.

Diane Z.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great product for managing projects

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

I really liked all of the options within each project, especially that you can view so many risk factors and that you can have them presented blatantly on your dashboard. This makes it easy for the people I assign projects too to see they have something due, as well as tells me if I need to intervene. I also really like how much information can be stored into the tool itself, and the ways you can manipulate information and easily export into many different ways is fantastic.

Pros

This is a fantastic project management tool. The ease of which you can manage your dashboard so you can see possible risks as soon as you sign in is perfect for making sure all projects run smoothly.

Cons

Sometimes getting from place to place can be confusing because there are so many options, but this is easily fixed with practice.

Laura B.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

I am a Project Manager with a focus on IT implementations in banking.

Reviewed on 13/07/2017

Pros

I am very visual, and WorkOtter provides several different visual aids to keep our projects on target. The dashboards have been huge for our team - each is tailored to the user's role and each team member can build their own dashboard and reports. We can all customize our displays so they're configured how we prefer. I especially love the ability to see and arrange all of our ongoing projects into a portfolio. It helps me manage everything we have going on!

Michael B.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

WorkOtter - Great PM Option!

Reviewed on 25/05/2017

Simplified way to track and get project status updates and completion rate.

Pros

- It's very easy to customize, it lets the user arrange information as preferred views to help ease the tracking of information.
- Projects require a significant amount of documentation to support the tasks, to be used as reference information, for auditing purposes and reporting. WorkOtter offers unlimitted storage allowing user to store any documents without having to worry about the available space.
- WorkOtter offers an easy and simple section to track times and task completion allowing "light users" to keep close track of their work and also great input for the PM to pull out reports and estimates.
- Reporting section is great, it offers a significant amount of templates to build reports making it sufficiently versatile to present relevant information for specif project gorups (i.e. Sponsors, Stakeholders, Team Members, etc) in a simplified way.

Cons

- Software layout and design is a bit plane in comparison to other software for the same area.
- Information can look a bit cluttered when browsing thru the tasks dashboard and Gantt view.

Matej B.

dmmb solutions

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

The team is amazing , they offered me full support answering all my questions and really helped my company get started.

Pros

Most user friendly software that i ever used. Its full of features that I never seen before. Great compilation of tools that allows more efficient work and problem solving.

Cons

Everything is great, I cant see anything that I dont like.

Kareena G.

Everybody needs to have this system - WorkOtter is a complete system!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017

Pros

I've been looking to change my PM software for a while now when I came across WorkOtter. This system allows you to link and attach documents without having any data cap or usage limits which is great because my team has lots of big files. The integration between JIRA and MS Projects is great because I still have a few projects with those platforms. The system offers interactive Gantt charts and reporting features. The customer support was really really great in helping us with all our questions.

Cons

Currently English is the only language supported. But the system is great so far, looking forward to more improvements

Naheed A.

All your project tools in one place!

Reviewed on 2/10/2020

The set up process was very transparent with no surprise charges, add ons or pressure to increase licenses.
Also a great support that were helpful from the offset and always on hand to provide support

Pros

I think the capacity planning view is really useful and informative.
Also really like the ability to quickly review FTE capacity on the same page and switch resource time.
The fact you can customise the display to the individual users requirements is a great touch

Cons

Nothing so far, its been really easy and intuitive to use

Edwin C.

All in one project management software,affordable and simple to utilize. surpassed my...

Reviewed on 22/05/2017

Top performance, saved time and money!

Pros

You can make your own detailed and specific report by being able to manipulate data as needed and receiving the information to be at our top performance. At the same time takes the weight of one's shoulder because it really does it all for you, saving me time and money while creating a perfect plan for my company.

Cons

To be honest nothing major I would say. At first, it seemed complicated because there's so much to it but after spending 30 minutes using the software I realized it was just me that had the impression because I was navigating like an expert after just a few minutes of browsing :)

Isabela S.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Uncomplicated yet complete

Reviewed on 5/06/2017

Pros

Many features to help with organization
Visibility friendly for team operation and sharing
Straightforward manipulation on gettiing started, which helps new users
Display customization option
Possibility of integration with excel and JIRA

Alecia P.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Amazing Program!

Reviewed on 13/04/2017

WorkOtter is a great software program! Very easy to use to keep track of projects and maintain reports. I would highly recommend this to other project managers. The cost of the product is amazing for everything you get with this program!

Great all around product!

Alecia

Pros

Easy to use!

Cons

none

Jodianne W.

This software is as multifaceted as the concept of Project Management.

Reviewed on 30/05/2017

Pros

As a user i can manage my own dashboard and tailor it to what I want. All of us as team members are aware of the progress of the project at all times. Communication is never lapsed.

Fatma A.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Amazing experience!

Reviewed on 8/10/2021

Pros

I dont really have great deal of experience when it comes to sofware as the non-profit I am working for doesnt really need a software implementation however my experience with WorkOtter has been great! I have noticed that it is very easy to use if you have expertise in PM tools on the other had if you are a beginner it is definetely easier to learn than other PM tools I've tried to learn.

I genuinely would love to learn how to use Workotter fully as it seems very efficient and effective in desion making process.

Easy customizability as well as features that enable users to edit,build their own dashboards and reports and share them with others help projects run flawless and smooth.

Cons

So far so good! I loved every feature about this software as it is really interactive and very customizable which makes projects more fact-driven.

Admir H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

WorkOtter is a great Project Management Tool, which will surely help our team collaboration.

Reviewed on 13/02/2018

Easy to get started with. Our team can collaborate better on the project now, and know the status of every project activity.

Pros

Team members easily keep up with work and track time and status. We have the option to build our own dashboards and reports and share them with others. It also has a resource management and capacity planning features. There are a lot of cool user management options.

Cons

Currently English is the only language supported. Wish there are multiple languages available. Mobile works great but some of the features are desktop only. I would like if I could use all functions on my Iphone or Ipad.