Duo Security

User identity verification & device vulnerability discovery

4.6/5

Delaney F.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Good Protection, Occasionally Frustrating

Reviewed on 6/10/2021

Duo makes your information safer, and it does help make you feel more comfortable with the information you have online, but it does have flaws and takes time to fully complete the authentication process that is not there otherwise.

Pros

Duo security is an app on your phone and a computer program, so it is versatile and helpful in protecting your passwords and various accounts. In school, it is a great way to protect tuition information, grades, and various other lovely stuff we do not want people to know.

Cons

The app can sometimes lose connection with the cloud, so an authentication won't go through, or there can be issues where the app does not receive a push or a request. This can be difficult as there is no direct way to troubleshoot, you just have to restart the process.

Jotish G.

IAM made Easy

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Besides the ordering part, its a great, yet simple to use, Security solution.

Pros

The Simplicity of it all. The User Interface is so slick. Quick QR code scan and the ease of integration to so many online services.

Cons

The acquisition of Duo by Cisco still need some fine tuning on the integration part. Some ordering is made online and some through Cisco Commerce but there can be no hybrid and thats a bummer.

• Industry: Medical Devices

Two-Factor Excellence

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

Duo Security has allowed to me improve my cyber security presences in a world that is ever more dangerous for the everyday computer user.

Pros

Duo Security software is very effective at sending two-factor authentication pushes to my cell phone and allowing me to avoid cumbersome text message codes to enter into logins.

Cons

The one down side of Duo Security software is that if you cell phone runs out of battery or if your cell phone encounters technical problems than you will have quite the problem logging onto your desired platform.

Felicia T.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Duo Security Daily User Experience

Reviewed on 31/07/2021

I use this on a daily basis and find it to be an easy and secure way to keep my identity and access safe while signing into a secure server on a daily basis.

Pros

I have found that this software is easy to use and implement on a variety of devices. While using it, I feel a sense of security and safety in regards to my data and identity being protected.

Cons

There are times when there is a delay in the sign in process and it quickly disappears, so you have to log in quickly to authenticate.

• Industry: Higher Education

Increase the security of your accounts

Reviewed on 15/04/2020

I like to app and I recommend it to anyone who wants to increase the security of the accounts.

Pros

It has been three years that I'm using Duo. This is the app that my university has decided to use to increase the security of accounts of faculties and students. I feel secure when I use the app. You can use several options for second authorization. it can send a push message to your mobile, you can enter a passcode, which is great. In addition, it does not take too much time to confirm the authorization.

Cons

I think it is a nice app. But I think if it had some other options to log in, that would be great. I myself prefer receiving a passcode in my email rather than using my cell phone all the time. All in all, I think if they work on the app and improve some sections, it would get better and better.

• Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Easy Two-Factor Authentication

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Duo Security would be in my list of top-ten "essential" apps for smart devices.

Pros

My employer uses Duo Security for two-factor authentication when logging into HR-related software or, more recently, Covid-testing & compliance. Two-factor authentication is the gold standard for login security. Duo mobile immediately sends a push to my smart device (phone, watch, etc.) where I approve the login request. I am consistently amazed at the speed of two-factor authentication; as soon as I approve the login, Duo confirms and logs me in. It makes two-factor authentication nearly effortless.

Cons

Those using multiple accounts for multiple employers may have to shuffle with the software a bit, but it is nothing overwhelming.

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

2FA For the Enterprise

Reviewed on 5/09/2018

We wanted a 2FA solution for our VPN and password management solutions. Duo integrates with both. We also needed a 2FA solution that can be used by a wide variety of users. We have many remote users so being able to authenticate via app, text, or phone call makes it easy for all of our users to gain access in a way that is secure and available to them.

Pros

Duo has made it easy for our company to use 2FA across several of our services. It's easy to implement and easy to manage. Duo integrates easily with 3rd party applications and services. Users can use multiple ways to authenticate to Duo.

Cons

Push notifications to Cellphones can be spotty if a user has poor cell reception. Not necessarily a failure on Duo's part but it should be considered if you are going to use the App Push for authentication.

Pete S.

Indispensable - use it every day!

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

I use this daily for access to company website for updates and posting. It travels wherever I go and is lightning fast. Definitely recommend!

Pros

Had another authentication app that went out of business and after much trial and error (and frustration) found Duo. Set up was easy and this app works perfectly every time. It's fast and easy to use. In my opinion, this app should be promoted/recommended to companies like GoDaddy when they're selling a website - this protection is so easy and simply invaluable.

Cons

Only one slight issue when I upgraded from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 - it was a bit confusing to register the new device. At a certain point I thought I would have to disable the app and then it just started working - so I might suggest better documentation/walk through on changing devices.

Alireza S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Due is Secure

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

Pros

I am a student and my university provides a very secure medium for signing into my account through this app. I feel confident and safe about it since anybody who wants to do sign in should ask me for permission. It is a brilliant idea to communicate with the account owner to increase the security level

Cons

I really hate this fact that whenever I want to login into my account when I am working with my laptop or PC, I should find my cellphone to let myself in. I searched on internet to find a Duo software for windows such that I install that on my PC and does not try to find my cellphone for logging in. I hope they develop the computer version of this app because it becomes very annoying especially I am busy on a pile of work

• Industry: Telecommunications

Excellent platform with multi-factor authentication and zero-trust

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

The experience with DUO is very good, we have applied it to access sensitive company information, thus preserving the integrity of the business, preventing that information from leaking or being accessed by people who do not correspond.

Pros

The best thing about DUO is the possibility it gives you to define different access policies depending on the users, devices, where it is located and other contextual factors. It is really very granular the way it can be applied.

Cons

It is very important to define well the policy that you want to use at the Managerial level, because this will define the time necessary for the first load of user information in DUO to later be used as a double authentication factor; which can be very tedious and unfriendly.

Adelyn C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Used to authenticate access for high school gateway portals.

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Pros

I think it keeps accounts really secure because you can set up the account to be able to send push requests to a finite amount of devices. It's also pretty easy to use because you just press one button and it works very quickly to grant/deny access.

Cons

The 6-digit passcodes that are there that you can regenerate whenever you want are a bit confusing and it's hard to know what those entail. This could be a problem with the school system but it would be helpful if Duo gave some sort of instructions when downloading the app.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Duo is easy to use and great for security

Reviewed on 8/09/2020

We needed a good solution to increase our security for signing onto our server, and Duo is great for that. Implementation was so easy and adding users is no problem at all. It's a great software.

Pros

Duo is so easy for our employees to use. Since all you have to do is click on a push notification to sign in with it, it doesn't add a lot of time like other MFA options. It's also really easy to integrate with all our software and logins, and we never have issues with it. I highly recommend Duo for anyone who needs an easy TFA or MFA solution.

Cons

The only real downside to Duo is that each employee has to install it on their personal smartphone, and some people don't like that.

John M.

Great two factor authentication provider

Reviewed on 4/04/2018

Pros

Duo integrates out of the box with a lot of SaaS systems, and it is easy to set up for users. For unsupported SaaS, or in house apps, it possible to set up a lightweight agent running locally on your network that will extend 2fa functionality to unsupported systems. This agent is easy to set up.

Cons

Onboarding users onto the platform in bulk is a bit of a challenge. I wish there was more instructional resources for introducing the product to the company. Sometimes the app freezes when the user is expecting a push, and therefore they are unable to complete the 2fa process.

Brett C.
  • Industry: Automotive

2FA King

Reviewed on 24/08/2021

This has been my go-to for 2FA login. The setup is a breeze and so is the use. If you are looking for an affordable (free) 2FA login (Which everyone will be eventually) this is your app!

Pros

I use this software daily to access a large government customer of ours. The sign-on process pushing an accept or deny to my phone with ease. Makes my life very simple for accessing critical websites. I've also used this for 2FA on bitcoin as well.

Cons

This product is really as simple as mentioned. You expect or deny sign-in. There is nothing to not like about it.

Anitha G.

Duo security

Reviewed on 9/04/2021

overall it is good, as long as internet is available we can easily request login authentication codes.

Pros

easy to use, keep my account safe, the authentication methods are very straight forward, sends and approves login request immediately.

Cons

sometimes software gets inactive, need to restart the phone every couple of days, other than that it works great!

Mary C.

Duo Security for hassle free sign in

Reviewed on 8/05/2021

Security is a real and present issue at this time. My company is taking additional measures frequently to provide layers of protection. We are a health care company, and security is vital.

Pros

The best feature is the one click sign on from my phone. I just accept or decline. There is no entering of 6 digit numbers followed by several clicks on the screen. It is one simple click and I am in my secure VPN.

Cons

I did have a slight issue setting it up on my phone and had to call IT to send me the link. Other than that, I have nothing bad to say about Duo.

Jason G.

Easy to use and implement

Reviewed on 11/07/2021

My overall experience with Duo Security has been exceptional. The few times I’ve had to contact support was excellent, and implementation and use after implementation was a breeze.

Pros

Duo Security was an easy to implement two factor authentication product. After implementation, user enrollment was very easy, as was securing applications.

Cons

More native application support over time would be excellent to see.

Subham D.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Duo Security : Authentication made easy

Reviewed on 18/07/2020

Overall the experience is good. Security is very important nowadays, specially in research. So, multifactor authentication like this helps a lot.

Pros

1. Very easy interface and ease of use.
2.It's free to use.
3. Setting up new devices is easy.

Cons

1. Sometimes the response time is slow.
2. Not supported in fitbit works only in apple watch.

Andrea P.

Reviewed on 8/04/2020

This software has integrated more security for our websites and information and I absolutely love it.

Pros

I appreciate the added security that this app has integrated in my daily work routine. I have to "approve" any entry into work related sites that require my login information. I can easily "approve" or "deny" access from my phone.

Cons

What makes me nervous about this software is when it goes down. There has only been one instance where duo security went down and because of it, I was not able to access my email or other work sites as it required me to "approve" or "deny" access and I was not able to do so since the site crashed.

Sarah D.

Great Security Product

Reviewed on 14/01/2020

Overall this product is great for dual security login.

Pros

This is a great software to keep login secure. I like the ease of use the most about this software.

Cons

The thing that I like least about this product is that on my IOS device it doesn't pop up you have to go into the app to approve the push.

Cory F.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Simple, easy, and it works!

Reviewed on 1/02/2019

Pros

Extremely easy to set up and use. I use this on a daily basis for accessing my employee portal on our website and have never had a single issue.

Cons

You need to have your cell phone right by you and approve the push quickly, sometimes too quickly, but I guess that's a positive for the added security.

Secure your logins

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Very good experience that helps us to keep our important websites logins safe and secured and add 2fa to it

Pros

2fa and securing your logins.
Easy of use and deployment.
Entering passcode or send push to mobile to allow logins.
stability and not facing problems while using it.

Cons

I faced small problem when i replaced Mobile and didn't have access to old one, had to reset my account to be able to reset it again.

Laquetta G.

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

The pro about the software is that Duo security can be used for work and personal authenticity in the same location. Great experience overall with establishing the login process. Simple to use!

Pros

Cons

There are no cons with this software that I can currently identify. There have been no issues to date.

Angie G.

Needs Improvement

Reviewed on 5/12/2020

Overall, it's simple and functional but I don't like that it can be buggy.

Pros

I like that it gives me multiple options such as a passcode, a phone call, or a duo push. I like that I can use Duo on my Apple Watch.

Cons

I've noticed that Duo Security can be buggy on the Apple watch. On my husband's Apple Watch, it syncs but with mine, it does not. I don't like that every 30 days I have to reset it.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Best application for adding extra security for login

Reviewed on 6/08/2019

Pros

I have used this application for authentication to log in to my accounts and the most important thing is it's really easy to set up and use. Once set, you just need to open the application on a supported device and enter the security code from that application for authentication.

Cons

The UI is quite old but gets the work done. Other than that, I haven't found any issues with the application.