Smart Service

Add scheduling, dispatching, and more to QuickBooks.

4.3 /5 (257 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
4.5
Mar A.
Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 25/03/2020

Pros

We really don't use the Software to its fullest. It We love the part we use

Cons

We would love to use the Service agreement billing but we bull a month in advance and the way it is designed we can not use it.

Brad C.

Great Product & Great Support

Reviewed on 20/01/2017

I've been using Smart Service and iFleet for nearly 4 years and I really couldn't imaging operating our service company without it. I've seen quite a few changes and feature upgrades throughout over the years which shows that the product has great support. Whenever I have questions, they are answered right away. The only "complaint" I have if I had to make one would be that I would like to see the front facing camera be fixed within the iFleet app. I have been requesting this to be fix for the entire time that we have been using this product but it seems to go unnoticed. It must be a simple fix as every other camera app on iOS seems to work as intended. The pictures come in reversed which make reading numbers and words impossible. We use the front camera to take picture of product tags that are hard to reach. It would also be nice if the pictures were tagged with the job name and number so that we can easily locate and identify it. Thanks for a great product and all the support that goes into it. Looking forward to using this product for many years to come.

Pros

I've been using Smart Service and iFleet for nearly 4 years and I really couldn't imaging operating our service company without it. I've seen quite a few changes and feature upgrades throughout over the years which shows that the product has great support. When ever I have questions, they are answered right away. The only "complaint" I have if I had to make one would be that I would like to see the front facing camera be fixed within the iFleet app. I have been requesting this to be fix for the entire time that we have been using this product but it seems to go unnoticed. It must be a simple fix as every other camera app on iOS seems to work as intended. The pictures come in reversed which make reading numbers and words impossible. We use the front camera to take picture of product tags that are hard to reach. It would also be nice if the pictures were tagged with the job name and number so that we can easily locate and identify it. Thanks for a great product and all the support that goes into it. Looking forward to using this product for many years to come.

Ken B.

Best business software

Reviewed on 21/09/2016

After trying many different types of software for my business, smart service outshines them all. Easy to use, functions in a way that makes sense with our business. It makes dealing with customer orders fast and efficient. Communicating with employees in the field has never been better for us. We can accurately and quickly make sure field techs understand where they should go and what they are to do. We can track revenue by forecasting and reviewing. This software really works. The support team is amazing.

Pros

It accomplishes all that we want out of a software without being complicated to use. It understands what we need to function and flow as a business. Using the software helps us be professional and profitable.

Cons

I can't really say anything negative about the software. I have heard others say they found a cheaper way to operate with software. It is usually people using several different software types or one program that is less quality. To me bad or clunky software/office operations cost money. Smart service is inexpensive when you realize the potential profits from a smooth running operation that is hassle free.

Darlene S.

Smart Service Review by Wood Dale, IL User

Reviewed on 5/08/2016

Our chimney sweep and repair business has been using this software for almost 10 years and it has helped us tremendously to track so many jobs, customers, estimates and prospects. I have not seen any other software on the market with as many bells and whistles as Smart Service. It seems they've just about thought of every possible use and need in mind as they continue to take feedback and utilize in regular development updates.

Pros

What I like most about this software are the easy to understand interface screens and help available to make entry and maintenance a breeze.

Cons

I'm still learning the software, but so far I have not been able to see a way to change mass records with an import feature.

Ben F.
Industry: Facilities Services

Good in theory, but impractical in implementation

Reviewed on 11/03/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

For the regular dispatching features, I was able to learn completely on my own with no instruction, becoming our in-house "expert." It is intuitive enough that I found solutions for problems that tech support thought had no work-around.

Cons

The program as a whole is outdated and clunky, built around Microsoft Access, limiting its modern application. For example, if you have a customer with 10 locations and 15 total jobs, and they change their billing address, you have to manually go change it 26 times, in a clunky system that is not fast at all.

Adding a new customer takes forever, especially if you have a location and job to enter as well. There is also no feature to have an AP email for their default QuickBooks email, while still have primary contact's email prevalent.

Scheduling is nice that a job can recur indefinitely, but if a job cancels, you have to change its recurrence pattern PRIOR to inactivating the job, or it still comes up on the schedule. It also has no features for a job to occur for a certain period of time, or to recur on a seasonal basis.

If your customers have multiple services per invoice, it is a huge pain. The "Batch invoices to Quickbooks" feature requires the user to post each individual batch one. at. a. time. Again, on a slow, clunky system.

Many of the advanced features have not worked for us at all, or were not as advertised in the demo. Granted, the most annoying part (the scheduler does not work for us) is largely due to our painfully slow cloud system, making it inoperable.

If you want to print a schedule for each employee, be prepared to pay for an upgrade (ours was $600) so they can program a custom report for you, that is iffy on how often it works on the first attempt. (Ours works on the second attempt every time.)

The "Prospect" feature is useless... it doesn't transition over to "Customer" well at all.

It is also impractical to use many features integrated with Quickbooks-- it requires syncing for anything useful, and with a large customer database, that is completely impractical for the frequency required.

Bill your customer a flat rate each month? Forget about it, unless you cheat the system and create two jobs-- one that is the real job for your employee and charges nothing, and one that only your accountant uses.

Bottom line: It's intuitive to figure out basic functions, but there is SO much room for error, and something simple like an updated address once took me 2 hours to complete for our largest customer. They need to do a complete overhaul of their programming and add some basic features before I could recommend Smart Service to anyone. We've found that to make it work, it requires constant ingenuity to come up with a work-around for design flaws.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Brenda K.
Industry: Construction

Tailored perfectly for a service business.

Reviewed on 19/10/2016

SmartService offers many features we need in a software program lumped into one and it communicates with Quickbooks. It's a database of your customers and jobs that offers a scheduling and dispatching board, field employee/job time tracking, reports that are customizable, Invoice/payment entry that flows to Quickbooks, and more. Many other software programs only offer some of the features of SmartService, and still others that offer similar features are extremely overpriced. Been happily using SmartService since 2004.

Pros

Customizable reports, works with QuickBooks, Marketing Tracking, Scheduling

Cons

Speed, although it is a bit faster than the old version was.

Denis G.

Best scheduling program

Reviewed on 25/03/2020

Just makes scheduling so much easier.

Pros

Having used a few other programs, Smart Service syncs seamlessly with Quick Books. We also run alot of services, we can have 40 stops with 5 trucks, I fleet takes the place of all the paper work orders and makes managing information a breeze.

Cons

syncing the pictures with drop box, there should be a link to keep them in the smart service or I fleet enviorment.

Brandon F.

Great scheduling software

Reviewed on 19/01/2017

We have been using smart service and ifleet for two years now and could not be happier. They are both very easy to get started and very easy to use. We have had no trouble integrating it with our technicians. No more double data entry into QuickBooks. I would highly recommend this software for any small to medium service type business. We do HVAC in Colorado Springs and I can see how this would work for many different types of companies.

Pros

It's many features and ease-of-use.

Cons

Tech-support is only available during regular business hours on Eastern standard time.

Melinda A.
Industry: Utilities

It's Great

Reviewed on 19/10/2016

I find that Smart Service has many valuable features. I especially like how it connects with QuickBooks. It really seems to get the job done.

Pros

I like the way it connects with QuickBooks and I also like the different reports that can be used. I'm looking forward experimenting with the marketing end of Smart Service.

Cons

Would prefer the routing would use Google instead of map point.

Katrina D.

Works Great

Reviewed on 27/02/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This is a great program, they could fix a few things, but other than that I have been satisfied.

Pros

Scheduling is easy and organized.

Cons

They don't tell you when it has been updated and their mapping system does not allow you to "optimize" more than 100 jobs at a time. My techs tell when their system is acting up and then I have to contact them to find out why and usually it is due to an update.

Jena J.

I love this system

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

After years of researching dispatching systems. I finally decided to go with Smart Service and so glad I did. Very easy to use. Love the Tech Support system. They are very knowledgeable and friendly. There is always a learning curve with a new system. But they were always willing to help me with my issues. Once I learned the system, I am so glad I choose Smart Service! The only thing we have problems with is the 8:30 open time. Our techs get on the road at 8:00 and when the server is down and the I pads can't sync for whatever reason. The guys can't get there jobs on tablet and get their day started.

Pros

Cons

Micro soft access crashes a lot.

Larry A.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Beware before you buy.

Reviewed on 27/12/2017

None. We returned it for a smaller refund.

Pros

Great Dashboard for dispatcher. It allows the dispatcher to customize how they operate and make great decisions. Wish there was a place to park unassigned calls. Nice interface with Quickbooks. Good overall features. Really wanted this product to work for us.

Cons

Serious security flaws that let your techs email your hard earned customer information to their personal email or worse yet your competitor with no tracking. Was told during sales demo this could be turned off with a "radio button". It was our number one reason for buying and explained up front. After purchase and during training we demanded to see how this was to be done and our trainer was honest and said the salesman was wrong and halted the training. They refused to change the mobile app to disable this. Gave them a few days they asked to address this and they could not demonstrate after several tries how this was to be done. The only viable suggestion was to lock down all the smart phones with a 3rd party mobile management software which would prevent our techs from receiving and sending troubleshooting documentation. We demanded a refund which was prompt but not the full amount despite the deception. The upper management will not return calls but instead sent me an emailed legal threat if I dared to review the product online. They actually used the word "Disparage" which is supposed to have a dishonest component to it. Everything here is honest. They plan to sue for liquidated damages for each negative review. Good product, dishonest salespeople and an upper management that doesn't care to try and win a customer or apologize for their salespeople's misplaced exuberance.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Dee K.

Additional items

Reviewed on 25/03/2020

Has been fine, had to find a few go arounds for scheduling. I do wish we could get quicker response times when needed.

Pros

scheduling and the ability for the work order to convert to invoice in Quick books.

Cons

Wish there was training offered for the software that was not a video

Bridgett C.

Mobile to office efficiency!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017

Pros

I love that I can see in real time what's going on in the field with my techs.
I also like it ability to seamlessly sync with Quickbooks to avoid double entry.

Cons

Wish it had a feature to mass text clients to remind them of their service scheduled.
It also runs slow and lags quite often.

Nikki D.
Industry: Retail

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

Pros

Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

We get a ton of error messages, force closes, etc. daily. The start-up process can be a bit slow as well, and customer management features are limited.

Hunter H.

great program!

Reviewed on 20/10/2016

This program helps tremendously with scheduling. We use it to schedule appointments, and keep track of our employees. This program does 100 different things and can be very beneficial to your company. I highly recommend it

Pros

easy to use and great customer service

Cons

need to have some training on how to utilize the whole program

Bart O.

Fantastic Program and Great Support

Reviewed on 10/06/2016

We've used Smart Service for 9 years and it has evolved into a great asset for us with dispatching multiple trucks. We also use iFleet with our trucks in the field.

Pros

We've looked to see if the grass is greener - it's not. This software is versatile and the developers are always looking at making it better.

Diana H.

Super user freindly

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Pros

Lets me track where my technicians are at all times. Compatible with Quickbooks. Super easy to operate.

Cons

Sometimes the email does not go out when using our ipads. Think it has to do with apple mail. That would be the only issue

Kate G.

Scheduling greatness!!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017

Great for putting together a schedule and dramatically reducing paperwork. Love the ifleet as it keeps the office and the technicians on the same page.

Pros

All encompassing brings calls, quotes, appts all together and cuts back on paper work.

Cons

It can be slow and has brain farts

Curtis F.
Industry: Construction

Awesome product, very efficient scheduling!!

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Customer service is absolutely the best, always right there to help!

Pros

it works perfectly for scheduling and keeping sound records of our customers.

Cons

We haven't found any cons, it works just like we hoped

Tobey D.
Industry: Construction

Smart Service has made my job as a dispatcher & A/R much easier Their customer service is the best!

Reviewed on 8/03/2018

Pros

It has streamlined the way I dispatch & invoice all of our customers. It also makes keeping up with our maintenance agreements much easier.
The customer service is outstanding & luckily for me they are very patient.

Cons

The only thing I've had issues with so far is the reports feature. There are almost too many to choose from... I hope a webinar is on the way.

Nancy G.

Smart Service is awesome

Reviewed on 8/02/2017

We have utilized Smart Service since 2007 and have no complaints. We sometimes forget the time difference between Ohio and California but that is obviously our problem. The tech support is great and their continued assistance is very much appreciated.

Pros

User friendlly.

Jessica P.
Industry: Building Materials

Smart Service Review

Reviewed on 1/02/2017

We have been using Smart Service for several years for our HVAC company. The system works very well for us and it user friendly! We would highly recommend.

Pros

User Friendly & great client support when issues occur.

Cons

none

Becca R.
Industry: Construction

It has been rough transitioning and we have had issues with the software and our server

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

iFleet is great for the guys out in the field.
Keeping customer and job information together is very nice.

Pros

It's great for the guys out in the field! It also nice how customer and job information is all together.

Cons

Need to learn it more on the office side. Not all the functions seem to be very user-friendly and the travel and production times are not always the same in the reports.

John M.

Smart Service Review

Reviewed on 24/11/2014
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I really like that you can time stamp everything. This is very effective for keeping records. I also like that everything converts over to QuickBooks.

Cons

I don't like that you cannot transfer information. For example, if we enter a prospect and find out later that the prospect has been referred to us within our database, we have to delete the prospect and add them in under the location they were referred by. It would be much easier if you could manipulate them into that specific location instead of deleting and re-entering. When we complete a job and convert it to QuickBooks, we have problems. If we have symbols on our invoices (which is typical), when they convert over to QuickBooks, the symbols becomes questions marks. We have called and tried to figure this problem out, but have not been successful.