4.7
4.8
Paul R.

An essential tool for any IT Department

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Overall I would recommend this for anyone trying to stay on top of the security element of their network. Its is an essential tool for any IT Department.

Pros

This software allows you, at a glance to see exactly where you are with your patching on each device.

Cons

Sometimes and rarely you may get sync issues but support have always been on hand to resolve the issue and quickly.

Paul B.
Industry: Wholesale

Additional features and reduced costs.

Reviewed on 8/10/2020

My over experience with Syxsense Manage has been excellent. When I came into this role there had been a lack of follow up from my MSP on why patches where failing and as a result the estate wasn't patched to a level I was happy with. It only took 3 months with Sxysense Manage to get every machines completely 100% patched, including some key 3rd party applications not just Microsoft and Apple Mac OS patches.

Pros

It has allowed me to have a granularity over my estate patching that I never had when I had a Managed Service Provider patching my estate for me.

The remote control function is good in that all a device needs is to have an internet connection for us to be able to fix issues. This has helped us fix VPN issues, remotely.

Reporting, the detailed reporting is invaluable to prove the system is doing what I expect and when.

Cons

Remote control tools is a little "flakely" over lower bandwidth connections.

Bertie P.

Could never get things right

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

When it worked properly, it was amazing. The UI made it very easy to deploy patching campaigns and I loved the dashboards showing patch compliance.

Cons

Scheduled tasks failed often. Tried a combination of using the vRep and going agentless. Long story short, could only ever complete about 10% of all patch jobs. The site was always unbearably slow as well. We're based in Alaska so perhaps the sluggish site was just our connection back to the Verismic servers.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Ajet I.
Industry: Automotive

Good system for patching servers

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

we are using them for almost 2 years and are very satisfied. Are able to patch 1000+ remote servers.

Pros

Its easy to setup, cloud based so you don't have to setup and configure any on-prem infrastructure, can patch servers without being connected locally to them i.e over vpn or on same subnet

Cons

Not much, it works really well, sometime when they have new features they might break some tasks and support is not fast in fixing them but that does not happen very ofthen

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Adam N.
Industry: Computer Software

Syxsense has made management of remote users a breeze

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Our company had a problem with management of users working from home. If they did not connect to VPN there was not a lot we could do to keep the machine patched and secure. Ever since we installed the Syxsense agent on all our machines we can keep them up to date and connect to them with one click from the dashboard.

Pros

Being able to connect to remote machines easily was a big need for us and syxsense makes it very simple for the administrator and the end user. Patching computers automatically and being able to see the inventory of computers is very useful for me.

Cons

The amount of steps you have to go through to create a task I feel could be improved.

Wilfredo L.

Mid size company using Patch Manager to manage Desktop/Laptop updating policy

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

Outlook windows updates were causing issues and since wsus packages these we could not manage the updates with out a tool, since CMS we are not able to verify the update before deploying.

Pros

The ease of use, we have spent less time managing the program and less time assisting with issues since the deployment of CMS/ Patch Manager.

Cons

Not sure yet seems to work fine on all aspects and functions

Rick H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Constantly listening and improving

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Being able to monitor inventory, processes, patching and queries in real-time have really helped keep our environment secure and up to date. This has been very important as remote working has increased across the board. This is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my company.

Pros

Each major update seems to improve the UI and simplifies existing processes within the system. I've been using this for over two years and can't be more pleased with how the company listens to it's clients and level of support whenever questions or issues may arise. Implementation was easy, patching is a breeze, software deployment is improving, notifications and customization of queries and reporting has been fantastic. This is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my company.

Cons

Overall, the good far outweigh the bad here. The only issue that pops up now and again is running into duplicate device IDs for end user machines. Support has helped us track down why this happens, and does an amazing job of detailing what causes the issues. However, it seems to come back every so often due to our changing environment. I'd also like to see a right-click option to install applications on a per-machine basis. This is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my company.

Kim H.
Industry: Utilities

The way of the future

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

We have been able to bring in all of our member offices and view their device health through the same console that we use to manage our corporate devices. The ability to setup patch scans and patch deploys based on different offices and different operating systems has helped relieve a lot of stress and worrying for us.

Pros

We were starting to see issues keeping our devices up to date prior to Covid but when Covid hit and we were no longer seeing devices in the office Syxsense was a life saver! It has allowed us to keep eyes on our devices and ensure that they are fully patched against vulnerabilities. The remote control feature has allowed us to get to devices that we can't access via VPN.

Cons

The interface can be a little slow and quirky occasionally and we do run across strange issues with devices from time to time but I have to say the support team has been very helpful in following up quickly to our tickets and working with us to understand and resolve the issues.

Jim K.
Industry: Insurance

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

cuts down on the time it takes to resolve problems

Pros

The support you get from Syxsense is unmatched.

Cons

due to it being in the cloud, it tends to sometimes be a bit slow going from task to task and updating properly on screen.

Nick W.
Industry: Banking
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

That solution that works perfectly

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Pros

I love that the software just works and you can set schedules for all patching needs. I have Sxysense setup to be fully automated. A huge pro for this is that Syxsense can patch devices that are connected to Home Wifi when users take devices home.

Cons

I have no big cons for dealing with the software.

Dan O.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Time saver!

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

It has been a real lifesaver especially since everyone has been working remotely since covid, being able to keep all of client machines up to date has been easy and caused us one less headaches to worry about.

Pros

Ease of use, We found the interface so easy to navigate and was very intuitive. We were creating patching policies in minutes. Being able to push out software has been great also especially while everyone was working from home.

Cons

Think the interface for managing multiple tasks could be improved would love to be able to quickly edit schedules from 1 screen rather than having to go into each task. Also would the start time and end time that are displayed after task is run never appears to be correct.

At the moment it appears that you push the patches/scans from the console with the tasks.. I would much rather that the client pulled and pushed these back.. too often a machine might miss the task we run , would be great if when that machine came back online it would auto report back to the console with its patch status.

Wouldn't mind some more comms when new patches are released like Microsoft send out.
Reporting could be better.

Paul M.
Industry: Financial Services

One of our key tools

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

We use Syxsense to quickly associate and end user with a device, for remote control of devices and of course to maintain patching on all devices

Pros

We really like the user friendly interface. It gives us a quick view of all of our devices and access to them using the remote control element.

Cons

This may be operator error but there seems to be a gap in assessing and deploying patches to machines that need them. For example, if we see that a particular machine needs a patch it would be useful to know which other machines need the same patch. The only way I know to do this is to note the patch # and then look up that patch under Patches and create a job from there. IT would be very helpful to see and do this right from the patch view under the an individual machine.

Another wish list item would be regarding asset mgmt. While this gives us some asset mgmt ability it falls short of a complete solution

Shannon R.
Industry: Legal Services

Pleasure to deal with

Reviewed on 19/05/2017

Its a great tool that I use daily and wouldnt be able to do my job without it!

Pros

I LOVE this software. In our organisation it is used as an assets DB, Remote control tool and its our patching tool too. As we have offices all over the country its not convenient to go down to the offices every times there is an issue nor is it cost effective for the business, so using CMS is great as we can connect the PCs/ Laptops in seconds to resolve issues and manage machines. The support staff are excellent at resolving any problems quickly and do a thorough job to make sure everything is resolved before closing down the ticket. The training staff are great too! No question is too silly and they are always happy to help with what ever issues / queries we had - IE setting up software deployments and using patch manager.
I would highly recommend CMS for small and large business. Other Verismic products are just as high quality as this one.

Nichollas A.

Syxsense helped me learn

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Being a young professional, I learned with Syxsense how much important a patch update is and how they affect the workstations, most of time helping dealing with issues with previous patches. Moreover, it makes the environment much easier to take care of having so many useful functionalities that help us in a Daily basis.

Pros

The software have a broad range of functionalities that help an IT environment that goes from letting you check a PC information through inventory to updating patches, creating specific tasks like installing a software and having security options to help maintain your environment as safe as possible.

Cons

The pop up window whenever I am creating a task looks weird for having to side scroll to view some information.

Ètienne R.
Industry: Legal Services
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Syxsense patch management is instrumental in making telework happen

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

A couple of years ago, our organization saw a need to move its patch management technology, which was on-prem, to a cloud solution. As we started to transition to a mobile workforce, we quickly realized that we needed to have the same visibility into the laptops as we had into our desktops and servers. We vetted several companies. None offered the capability and simplicity of the Syxsense.

Pros

Syxsense is much more than a patch management solution. Syxsense gives us the ability to deploy software and provide remote assistance to our employees no matter where they are in the world.

Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, with more and more of our employees being required to work from home, Syxsense has been instrumental in making telework happen for our organization.

Cons

Having a cloud solution is a huge benefit over what we were using, which was on-prem. There's nothing I like least.

Jason B.

Syxsense Review

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

The main reason for jumping to Syxsense over a internal Wsus server was the fact that everything is cloud based and we didn't have to rebuild a Wsus server every year.. also to view a visual overview of the health of our environment without running huge Enterprise software's like SCCM etc.

Pros

Some of the key features we love about Syxsense would be the Built in Remote tool, the Site health overview, and the easy to read dashboards.

Cons

Interface has its slow days still, the one thing that annoys me the most is the Search field (i get it had to query information but some days it gets to the point where you type 1 letter, wait 10 seconds then type the next letter..)

Kerry L.
Industry: Biotechnology
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A worthy tool in any seurity arsenal

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Very satisfied with the product and it has been instrumental in our security program

Pros

I like the ability to see statuses at a qucik glance and this product provides that. No time wasted searching. Easy to use. Many, many features and more keep getting added

Cons

Some of the more advanced features coulds do with better documentation

Liam R.

Patch Management Made Easy

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Overall, the product is helping us save time, and be more efficient when it comes to patch management. It also makes sure that our devices are up-to-date and secure against the many new threats that come about.

Pros

One of the main pros of this software is the ability to easily see the status of your devices in one place, to easily pick out devices that need updating. Being able to click on the device and view a fully detailed view of the device and the patches available for it saves so much time for us as in IT department. Another pro is the ability to schedule patch installations to avoid downtime during the day. The report feature is also very useful for auditing and tracing purposes.

Cons

I am happy with the product and can't think of an improvement at this time.

Dustin W.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Still Implementing but so far Impressed

Reviewed on 6/06/2019

We have a unique environment where we have 11 total sites and fairly slow links to some of our more remote locations. Pushing windows updates across these links was next to impossible. Cloud Management Suite helps us to fix this issue by allowing the system updates to come down over our faster internet connections at these sites instead of trying to push it across our much slower ELAN.

Pros

The ease of deployment was a huge selling point for my organization. We have been able to include the client on our images which wasn't an option with some of the other solutions that we looked at before purchasing Cloud Management Suite. We also really like the fact that we can upload our own custom install packages into the cloud and push them down to our clients at our 10 remote locations.

Cons

The web console can be a disjointed at times. Every now and then the page doesn't refresh properly and I am forced to go back and repeat the same process over again. I think that this is fairly common with web consoles though and is a huge hindrance to our overall workflow.

Wajji R.
Industry: Mining & Metals

Best and Easy to Manage

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Pros

Syxsense is a lot easy to use and has all the features that I was looking for for a while. I have been using it for more than a year now and it has been the best product I have ever used when it comes to manage organization devices.

Cons

I never disliked anything about this software. Whenever I had questions, I would open up a case with their technical support team and they would reach out right away to help me out with anything.

Christian D.

Excellent all round

Reviewed on 22/05/2017

From my vendor research, Verismic was the only product that fitted all of our requirements to patch our operating systems as well as 3rd party software all from a solution we don't have to host or look after. I can now remotely deploy patches to my users working from home in Australia, from my desk in the UK - can't get any better than that!

Pros

The product is exactly what we were looking for from a patch management solution. It is flexible, salable and cost effective as well as easy to manage and maintain. When you do come across an issue or have any questions the support and account management teams can't be any more helpful - Generally I see replies to my support cases in a matter of minutes and have never had any issues that are left unresolved. I have monthly calls with our account manager who is always well informed of anything you have raised with them. Full training was provided and the team are willing to complete further training for our growing team.

Sean M.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Patching rescue to Covid-19

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

I've been able to address Windows patching for staff who no longer come into our network due to Covid-19, as well as software patching capabilities. Remote management has also been helpful as well as basic system review/maintenance in the background without the user's input(CMD/Powershell).

Pros

The software allows us to easily manage the Windows/software patches to our fleet of users forces to work remotely due to Covid-19. the software was easy to deploy and fairly intuitive to use.

Cons

So far I haven't found any drawbacks to the system.

Chris K.
Industry: Telecommunications

Way better Patching compared to VNC

Reviewed on 14/02/2017

Our company has over 300 computers and we were managing them one by one with VNC. We had no way to automatically deploy patches, software, anything. It was getting more difficult to keep every comp up to date as the company was getting bigger. We were looking for a program that we can push update software to all of our devices at once instead of installing it one device at a time.
Customer service has been amazing and we've saved so much time. I've already referred Cloud Management Suite to several other companies.

Pros

Automatic patch deployment, easy to use, really good customer service. Saves us a lot of time.

David D.
Industry: Computer Software

Easy to Manage devices and instal patches. Reporting and updating clients also important.

Reviewed on 15/05/2017

Pros

Before using Cloud Management Suite, it was a struggle to manage over 400 devices with SCCM and WSUS. Patching was inefficient and we had no way to keep clients updated with installation reports.

With CMS, we were able to get up and running right away. It's very easy to use. Reporting was extremely crucial for us. Now we can keep clients informed of updates and patches installed on every device in their environment.

Antonio F.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Painless Implementation for a Better Managed Environment

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Patch manager drastically improved the maintenance of our organization's devices by providing a quick and easy method to keep computers healthy and up to date. We implemented Patch Manager for the use of managing our many client devices from a security and update perspective. The discovery phase is quick and painless resulting in a fast implementation. I would definitely recommend the product and will continue vouch for it in future workplaces.

Pros

Great visibility of all devices organization wide.
Easily check health status of devices.
User friendly and globally accessible web interface.

Cons

More robust server patching would have made managing servers through Patch Manager just as valuable as client devices.