Preferred Patron Loyalty Reviews

Preferred Patron Loyalty

Loyalty marketing and gift card management

4.9/5 (77 reviews)
Courtney L.

Operations Director

Reviewed on 14/08/2018

Overall Preferred Patron is a great loyalty program. They have really spent time understanding how retailers market and what they need to create effective marketing campaigns. This program is intuitive and easy to use solution and most importantly very pliable and customizable. Anytime I have a question or I think of something new I'm not sure how to do I pick up the phone and just ask. The team is always happy to answer my question or walk me thru a new process.

Pros

I used to use a loyalty program that sent customer rewards via direct mail. Before deciding to sign up with Preferred Patron I was concerned about migrating to an entirely electronic based rewards program. My primary concern was that the direct mail our customers were receiving in their mailboxes weekly was driving their shopping frequency. After seeing a very personalized demo and realizing how helpful the team at Preferred Patron is I decided to go with Preferred Patron as our loyalty program. The onboarding process was simple and painless. They migrated our list from our last program into theirs very easily. Once our list was live I was walked thru basic training. Including the steps of creating a personalized automatically generated monthly email my customers receive telling them how many points they have. It has not decreased the shopping frequency at all, in fact, our frequency has increased because we are able to target specific customers categories and create targeted marketing campaigns. This system is so much easier than our last loyalty program. Our customers love that they do not have to keep track of paper cards and they can access their points when they are ready to make a purchase. The customer kiosk is easy to use for existing customers and makes it very easy to capture new customers right at the point of purchase in one step.

Cons

I have not come across anything that has caused us issues.

Alan G.

I've been a client of Preferred Patron for a few years now, I have always had a positive experience.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Pros

We are very happy with all of the features that Preferred Patron offers, they are up to date with current trends in marketing solutions, they offer excellent help and suggestions and work with you one on one if you should need it.
Preferred Patron allows for us to offer discounts of services and product to those who are supporting our business and weed out those who just want the "cheapest" price at the time.
Preferred Patron also allows us to reward people with additional and unique services that they might not otherwise try.
The automation aspect is particularly useful allowing me to focus my attention elsewhere.
Our clientele routinely receive their automated email and call the office to schedule, at least 65% end up with an additional product or service with little or no additional direct effort on our part!
My employees that utilize the system every day find that it is very quick and easy when assisting our clientele, they are also able to easily converse with them to set up goals to reach their next reward.
Most common things that we utilize include: Rewards Program (obviously), referral program, reminders, raffles and surveys. The text messaging is also very helpful and used very frequently.
Preferred Patron had really made a positive difference in my business and I couldn't imagine having to do with out it.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons to speak of... if I have to say something it would be keeping up with all of the new innovative features that get added.

Leighann J.

An amazing product, excellent customer service, prompt support; you'll be a loyal customer for life!

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

Increased visibility thanks to the customized rewards cards, ease of use vs our previous rewards system, and a convenient solution for storing customer info and contacting them on special occasions or about promotions.

Pros

Preferred Patron is so unbelievably user friendly! Our initial implementation of the program was quick and easy, and we loved how we were able to really customize it for our needs. We've been using the program in our high volume, fast paced orthodontic office for over 7 years, and haven't once considered changing. Our patients enjoy being able to log into the online portal hosted on our website to check their point balance and available rewards, and we love that the portal helps drive traffic to our site. Preferred Patron takes customer service to another level; I've literally never had a question or issue that wasn't resolved same day, typically within minutes. Brett's been outstanding in every single interaction, and his nearly immediate help and support really makes us feel like we're their only customer.

Cons

We've had nothing but excellent experiences in interacting with Preferred Patron and have recommended them countless times. I'm honestly trying to think of a single con and it's just not possible!

Donna M.

Preferred Patron is "Boss" in this industry!!!

Reviewed on 20/04/2016

I learned about Preferred Patron from one of our patrons (a dentist), who was currently using this product and saw that I was using Royalty Rewards. Upon comparing our experiences and cost, I knew immediately that I had to contact Preferred Patron, which I did soon after. Upon learning of the various options, pricing and available resources, I could have kicked myself for having spent more than 3 times as much for a product that offered less in the areas that mattered most to our business.

As a business owner who is also a CPA, I use the cost-value approach in managing our financial & other resources. Two of my biggest contentions with Royalty Rewards are: 1) their products and services are bundled in such a way that you MUST pay for what you don't need, use or care about, therefore a higher price tag is forced upon you; and 2) they have a convoluted way of calculating ROI (Return on Investment) that makes it seem that because of their product, your returns are higher. This could not be more false because they are included in the equation, clients that you have cultivated and retained prior to signing up with them. The bottom line is that we was not getting the value we needed for what we were paying and another solution was necessary.

For me, Preferred Patron is "Boss" because they understand that their role is to help the business owner keep current patrons happy while acquiring new ones ... it's that simple! They do this by providing an excellent product with options to CHOOSE from, based upon what is right for your business and budget with the option to upgrade your plan as as your business grows.

I signed up with Preferred Patron about six months ago and intentionally waited this long to do a review because for me, service and support is equally, if not more important than price. Some company are great during the acquisition phase then leaves you to fend for yourself ... not Preferred Patron! From the inception to a today (literally), they have responded to ALL of my request for support whether it is explaining features in the software or signing in to my computer and providing step-by-step guidance on how to get a critical promotional email formulated and sent out ... they have responded timely to all of my request for help and support.

Thank you Brett et al. ... from the inception to today, you've always taken the time to provide the help I needed.

Donna D.

This is a very user friendly and effective software to help keep track of our clients

Reviewed on 27/04/2018

To be able to keep track of our clients on the last time they have been in our office

Pros

I like the verifying e mail toggle to make sure that the clients have given us a good email address.

Cons

the birthday and miss you points we have set up does not always work. I have to make sure I click the correct points in 2 different places to make sure that the points take effect

Response from Preferred Market Solutions

Hello Donna. Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear, after a solid 2.5 years on our system, that it continues to demonstrate value to your business.

Good News! I was able to quickly identify the problem you are experiencing with automatic point credits and applied the necessary changes to your account to make all that work!

Going forward, any point credits associated to any of your campaigns will automatically deposit to the members accounts!

(This was simply as setup parameter not being enabled on Birthday, Anniversary and Miss You campaigns in your account.)

The Preferred Patron Staff

Jeff D.

Fantastic Product, Fantastic Service

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Improved customer loyalty and communication of special events, sales and announcements to customers.

Pros

The software is very powerful but easy to use. Good functionality and good reports along with cloud storage make the software pretty much worry free. The user also owns the data, so if you decide it doesn't work for your company, you get to keep the data. New staff members are able to use the software within minutes. Also, the technical support is fantastic. In a world where most tech support is lacking, the people at Preferred Patron pick up the phone and work with you until any problem is fixed. A rare thing these days.

Cons

I really don't have anything bad to say about the software. If I had to pick one thing, I guess the software updating process could be a little easier and/or automated, similar to Windows updates.

Igor S.

PROBABLY MOST AMAZING LOYALTY PROGRAM (yes BY FAR BETTER THAN royalty rewards i said it)

Reviewed on 25/09/2014

I am a member of the restaurantowner.com they recommended us Royalty Rewards - so fine, went through their scphiel, watched the video, and yes I was impressed. Then I did research on others just so I know how to approach these sales calls. Came across PreferredPatron, scheduled a demo with Brett. Let me tell you when I saw the features of Preferred Patron to that or Royalty Rewards I asked the rep from Royalty Rewards to stop calling me trying to close a sale. I'll be honest, the reason why is because they only took birthdays and thats it. I signed up with Preferred Patron, they explained the softweare amazing, I'm still learning all the amazing features. You will not be disapointed - I dont usually do reviews as the marketing guy because I have soemany projects but I have to tell you you need to get this program. I love data, i love data mining, i love targetting. SINGLEHANDEDLY MAIN REASON I BOUGHT THIS PROGRAM VS ROYALTY REWARDS IS BECAUSE IT LETS ME NURTURE THE GUEST RELATIONSHIP IN A PROFITABLE WAY AND KNOW THEIR SPENDING PATTERSN. the other one just sent a card out (AT A MUCH MUCH MUCH HIGHER COST). and let me tell you i see it every month when we do ROI on our marketing, our anniversary spending guests BY FAR spend more than the birthday guests! and royalty rewards doesnt even TOUCH anniversaries! save yourself headache, these guys know their stuff, they are avialable for help (even on weekends!), they take their time with you. i also belong to a local chamber and want to suggest to other 10 businesses to sign up for this but I DONT WANT TO BECAUSE I FEEL THIS IS MY COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE! our servers love this, its easy to use. our managers love it because it does everyhthing and eliminates million promotional codes. the only con to it is that it looks like a 1990's program it could be a bit more modern ..... i also thought a con was that it could only be used on windows and not macs ... but you know what ... i have a remote access program you can downlod and it'll let you remotely access pc from the mac and you can still you do your thing so its not really a con. the guys are there if you need help anyway, they legit return phone calls! asap! love love love it

John M.

My overall experience with Preferred Patron has been nothing less than outstanding in all aspects!

Reviewed on 12/04/2018

Pros

The entire process was very easy to begin with. When I first called in, I spoke with customer care who set-up the account. Agent called me within a day or two and began to get the Loyalty Rewards program up and running. He was very instrumental in tailoring a program that met my needs as the owner of a Collectibles Card Shop/Tournament store. I cannot say enough about how helpful he was and continues to be.
the customer service representative is very responsive and knowledgeable. He is also a pleasure to deal with. Utilizing the Loyalty Rewards system, at my store, has made a significant difference in the overall credibility of my store. It depicts how much I appreciate the value of my customers and the value they bring to it. I am so glad that I chose to use Preferred Patron for my Loyalty Rewards Program.

Cons

I really have nothing negative to say about the software. The only problems that I have had is when Windows decides to update itself. They have to access the tablet to correct the problems that any automatic updates cause.

Jeff D.

Great Product and Great Company

Reviewed on 27/06/2016

What a pleasure doing business with such a responsive company. We've been in business for 52 years and have dealt with hundreds of companies during that time and I can tell you that the people at Preferred Patron are among the best. It was very important to us that we deal with a reputable, responsive company...someone that will be there if there is a problem and I can tell you that you can rely on them. From the beginning, they took the time necessary to answer pre-sale questions and since that time, they have answered all of our software use and technical questions very promptly.

The product is very powerful and feature rich, but it's easy to use at the same time. There is more to this program than we may ever use, but it's nice to know that additional features are there for the future.

There were a couple of minor bugs in the software, but when we reported them, they were dealt with quickly and to our complete satisfaction. Preferred Patron also implemented a couple of our suggestions to make using the software a little easier.

Pros

Reliable, free trial, affordable, ease of use, powerful but simple.

Cons

I wish it was integrated with our POS software so there is less manual entry. That said, I believe they told me it was an option I could pursue. If that option is available, we haven't pursued it yet.

John G.

Excellent return on our investment. This platform has helped us grow our business faster.

Reviewed on 12/04/2018

Sales growth
Greater customer loyalty
Reduced advertising costs

Pros

A perfect combination of a loyalty, customer retention and promotion systems. Our business has grown faster since using this product and I feel its worth every penny and then some ! The platform is always receiving improvements that make growing our business even easier. Customer support for this product is excellent ! They spend as much time as needed to help you through any issue or question...not that you'll need a lot of support but its nice to know its available !

Cons

The only real gap is more accessible documentation. The support for this product is amazing, however at times I feel that having some form of online or quick access information on some of the features (especially new ones) would be helpful. This being said, a quick call to customer support has always proven successful.

Jessica H.

I choose Preferred Patron 4 years ago because they were the only ones offering SMS text messaging.

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Approximately 90% of my customers are enrolled in the program. With this program we have established a relationship with those customers. They benefit by getting 5% cash back on all their purchases and I benefit by being able to reach out to all my customers with Flash Sales that increase sales by approximately 20% on the days I do the SMS text blast.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create SMS text message marketing campaigns. The customer service is top notch. I went to send out an SMS blast on Thanksgiving and I didn't have enough credits.

Cons

The templates for email blasts are very confusing. It is not user-friendly. I stopped using the email marketing campaign part of my account and I now send all my emails through Constant Contact.

Kevin W.

The Preferred Patron team are professional, knowledgable and very helpful.

Reviewed on 13/04/2018

questions are short and sweet!

Pros

The Preferred Patron Loyalty products allows any size business to cost effectively implement a Reward Program to both keep and increase their customers' loyalty. The product is very flexible and can be easily customized to meet any corporate needs. The product also provides extensive reporting features to help you track your Reward Members' activity and the responsiveness of any specific campaigns. Great customer support team!

Cons

Although the inital setup of our "Leone Luxury Rewards Program" was complicated given the various reward tiers and associated bonus offers, the customer support team at Preferred Patron were extremely helpful, knowledgable and responsive.

John H.

Service, Options, and Professional

Reviewed on 25/10/2018

The staff at Preferred Patron is second to none! They are always available even during evening and weekend hours. They all have such a strong knowledge of the software and it's capabilities that calling in for help is quick and easy. They all have the ability to demonstrate and suggest ways to better use the tools available and drive profits to our bottom line. Selecting Preferred Patron as our loyalty program partner was absolutely one of our best business decisions this year.

Pros

The software allows you so many options for promotion that your customers always feel like something new is coming at them. The ability to design for each of our 11 locations, yet keep core promotions running simultaneously has been a key to our sales growth.

Cons

I have not experienced any "cons" with Preferred Patron

Danell P.

Thank You, Preferred Patron!

Reviewed on 5/02/2019

Last year I began the search for a Loyalty Program (LP) for our Non-Profit Resale Boutique. We have a great many followers and I wanted to offer my shoppers another opportunity to save money while they support a great organization. Originally I thought I had better speak to several LP because I wanted to ensure the correct fit. Being a faith based non-profit I wanted to confirm to our board members, donors, volunteers and supporters that we were associated with a respectable company.

When it came to the four other LP demos I participated in there were lots of LP that talk a good game, but Preferred Paton was the only company that was able to give me what I wanted. From their customer service to their tech support Preferred Patron has exceeded my expectations.

Our customers have really enjoyed their membership in Preferred Patron. In a short amount of time our membership in Preferred Patron has surpassed a thousand members. Members are excited about their points and redeeming to the extent that current members recruit new members in the store. I can in good conscience report that Preferred Patron has given our customers a fun interactive way to save money with us

Pros

Cons

The tablet interaction with software isn't working like I had anticipated.

Amanda M.

Preferred Patron has contributed greatly to the overall success of our business.

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

Pros

The software allows for customization specific to my business. I am able to reward different customer actions different ways and change it whenever I would like to. I am also a huge fan of the back office controls. I can run easily track the progress of specific promotions, create new ones, and monitor employee performance with ease.

I also LOVE that Preferred Patron is always trying to make their program better. The introduce new features and keep my business a step ahead of everyone else.

Cons

I don't think I have any dislikes. Any questions or concerns I had were always immediately addressed and resolved.

Jeff S.

Well Above Expectations

Reviewed on 28/10/2016

Our small business had very specific needs and after much research found Preferred Patron. After learning the system and training on it we were quite pleased with the ease of use and my wife was especially pleased with the marketing abilities. I must say that we had 1 little speed bump on the install on one of our 6 registers; Brett at PP stayed well beyond hours (around 11pm) determined to fix it and he did! His willingness to help was a breath of fresh air compared to some other vendors we have used over the years. One last note: Yesterday I had a general training question and while I had them on the phone asked if I could have something changed in the software. He said that it was a fixed icon and probably not. Unbeknownst to me after we got off the phone he spoke with the guys that write their code and totally made it happen! I received a call a few HOURS later with, "hey Jeff I have some good news". He updated the software on our system in less than 10 minutes and it was done as I had asked. Being in a customer service based business I cannot say how much I appreciate the willingness for someone to go above and beyond to make a customer happy. We are a happy customer and have not even taken advantage of the marketing side of this software yet. Can only get better from here -Jeff Sheldon, Owner The Health Hut, Happy Customer

Pros

Ease of use and willingness of company to help with any issue we may have.

Cons

None yet

Abi D.

It has been amazing

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

Client engagement
Increased customer loyalty

Pros

Ease of use for signing up customers, no long forms- just Name and Tel no., email.
The customer engagement part is awesome as the emails are customizable, from welcome email to remainder emails and notification email. This can also be turned on or off as needed.
We are able to integrate it into our POS
Gives our pharmacy store a leverage to compete with larger chain stores reward programs and assists us to keep more clients in the community.
It can be customized to any business size and there is something for every business.

Cons

Never had any issues since installation and we have not had the need to call support services although they are very responsive when we were doing the instalation.

Carlo C.

Best in the Market!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2019

We were struggling to find a cost effective way to distribute promotions without incurring excessive advertising costs. We can now offer our customers controlled promotions at different levels based on data that's being collected from our customers without any extra effort from us. Our customers are doing the work for us and bringing the data to us... The software does the rest!!!

Pros

The software is many levels deep and is easy to use at every level. Whether you're an end user, cashier or system administrator you have easy access to the all the information you need. In addition to this if there are ever any problems you need only call and the friendly staff at Preferred Patron will always come through with a fast and effective solution.

Our business has grown as a direct result of this software and we have seen an immediate return on our investment. We can now cater better to our loyal customers with customized promotions that make them feel unique to our business. I would strongly recommend this software to anyone looking to improve their customers experience!!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. We are very happy.

Bryan S.

The Preferred Patron Loyalty Program is Perfect for Us!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

Two years underbelt and I'm still very satisfied! I operate a small chain of self-serve yogurt cafes with two check-out registers at each store. I had originally thought about a tablet system by Belly. I see it in use a 7-Eleven. However, I wanted a spend based system instead of a visit based "check-in" style solution, as I believe a family of 5 deserves more credit than a individual customer, so a "check-in" based solution would not work that well for us.

I was initially hestitant about using a cashier facing system. I was concerned that our lines would get backed up if we had to spend time enrolling new customers, as we often have a line out the door. Let me tell you, with this program I quickly learned this was not an issue at all. New customers are simply handed a new card, which we swipe for points immediately on their first visit. Customers earn points based on purchases but cannot redeem those points until they first activate their card online, providing name, email, and phone, either from home or using our in-store customer tablet! There's even a nice "reminder" sticker on the face of the cards, with all necessary directions for activation on the web!

The program runs on a tablet, so it takes little counter space, and it's quick and simple for our cashier's to apply customer points based on sales.

Another aspect I really appreciate is the ability to process Gift Cards (at no extra cost) using this system. No more tracking partial balances for paper certificates in a hand written notebook!

I can't say enough about this system and the support that has comes with it. It works flawlessly and efficiently!

Marlon O.

Extremely satisfied with the program. My customers love it and I appreciate their loyalty.

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Pros

Ease of use and ll the data i get. I can have sales that cater to a specific type of customer. To promote a sale, for example, I send one email and I'm connected directly to thousands of customers.

Cons

Not much to dislike. The program is great very easy to use, extremely functional. I am very satisfied and I'm also aware that I haven't used it to its full capability.

Lori Z.

Working with Preferred Patron has been easy and very beneficial to our clients who love receiving pt

Reviewed on 9/05/2018

My clients love earning points and getting services for free

Pros

its easy to keep track of services of each client as well as how often they come. Keeping track of clients that haven't been here in a while is also a very useful tool in keeping in touch and reminding them that you are here

Cons

not useable on a mac. It would be much easier if i could access the software from any computer I have. Also sometimes it gets confusing as to where to go to access the different tasks that can be done using the system

Becky M.

Fantastic Rewards Program... Unbeatable Price And Incredible Support

Reviewed on 24/05/2010

We have done newspaper, radio, television and email promotion with various programs. Patronflex is by far the best and most cost-effective advertising and customer-relations tool we have found.

Overall... A BIG Thumbs Up!

Pros

This feature-laden software allows us to replace most of our print advertising with a consistent customer email campaign every 10 days. It coordinates our rewards program with our advertising promotions and gift card program. Customers are entered at point-of-sale and each receives a personalized email welcome message that night, followed by our ad campaign email every 10 days. Birthdays are recognized with a mailing during the customer's birthday month with additional discount offer.

Cost of the entire program is very low considering its many facets. Help is always abundant, friendly and immediate when needed.

Frequent Program updates offer ease of use and opportunity for additional promotions to keep our rewards program fresh for our loyal users. Our customers welcome each email and we have only received positive feedback. Our customers truly seem to appreciate the direct and immediate rewards.

Cons

We have found no problem in using the program. Time invested in learning the many features of the program and the new updates has proven well worthwhile

Meagan F.

Tourmax's Review for Preferred Patron

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

We enjoy the system and features and are 100% pleased we chose Preferred Patron!
Also, customer service is a huge deal to us & anytime that I need assistance with ANYTHING I can communicate via email and get a very timely response and step by step help. That to me is huge! Someone who wants to make sure that I am well taken care of and can understand the system better.

Pros

This system is a very user friendly system to handle our needs for our clients and the Rewards Program that we offer to our clients. We keep it pretty basic for our program/needs but I know the system has so many great capabilities to reach our clients.

Cons

Can't think of anything negative! We are happy!

Penny H.

We have been a Prefered customer for 2 years now and I have never had any problems with this system

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

Customer approval

Pros

The soft ware is easy for a cashiers to use. I am able to train a cashier in one setting how to use it. The customer service is very friendly , I need a new intall and they did it right then and there in a matter of minutes I was back up and running !

Cons

I really cannot think of a down side. My customers are happy, If I took this program away I would have a revolt on my hands. The employees are happy so I have no complaints

Melissa G.

Patron Flex is FANTASTIC!

Reviewed on 18/06/2010

We wish we would have found these guys soooner! They have given us support, ideas, and excellent customer service. When we first set it up, they took all the time we needed to answer questions and help us implement the program exactly how we wanted it. and designing it to fit our unique needs. The program is effortless, effective, and powerful. We can't say enough good things about what this company and its product have done for us. We'll never use anything else.

Pros

Before we found Preferred Marketing's "Patron Flex" system, we were spending $400-$600 PER MONTH with a loyalty system that was slow and cumbersome. Now, for a fraction of the price, we have information at our fingertips. We can implement programs and promotions with a few simple keyboard strokes. Our customers always know how many points they have and what rewards they're eligible for. We don't have to depend on the postal system to mail birthday cards or updates. "Patron Flex" is a fantastic system invaluable to our marketing and overall success.

Cons

None. On an extremely rare occasion, I've had to ask a question after regular business hours, and the contact is made through e-mail rather than a person-to-person conversation. While I always prefer direct human contact, the e-mail method works well with quick and accurate answers to my inquiries.