Spendesk

Smart, trackable spending at work. From Approvals to Zen.

4.8 /5 (67 reviews) Write a Review!
4.8
4.7
4.7
4.9
4.8
Mark L.
Industry: Computer Hardware

Great efficiency tool for small companies

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Pros

It greatly improves the purchasing workflow, all the way through to payments and accounting. It decentralises purchasing, while keeping control of the whole process with the decision makers. It's very intuitive to use - I never have to train new employees on Spendesk. The customer support level is the best I've ever seen, and they are constantly adding new features and improving the existing ones.

Cons

It costs money. But compared to the employee time saved by using it, as well as the added value compared to manual processes, it's money very well spent.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Mark for your kind review. We are really happy to free you and your team from the hassle of paying at work!

Lucille G.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great tool to manage company expenses

Reviewed on 10/07/2019

Pros

- No need to pay first and expense later, you can directly use Spendesk virtual credit cards!
- No risk to forgot about sending the invoice to the finance team, Spendesk directly sends you a reminder
- You can generate recurring credit cards for recurring expenses

Cons

- Some companies or website don't accept virtual credit cards (but really few of them)

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Lucille for your great review. We are so happy to help you better manage all your business spendings :)

Jules W.

Useful

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

Pros

Intuitive, practical, incredible support.

Cons

Chatbot is always displayed even if I don't need help

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your great review Jules!

Thiemo G.
Industry: Management Consulting

Excellent product that makes a messy, old-fashioned process truly digital and efficient.

Reviewed on 3/09/2019

Very reliable, solid product.

Pros

Software user interface, easy of use. End-to-end, very well though-trough experience and features.

Cons

Heavy pricepoint for smaller companies like us.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Thiemo for your nice review. All the team wishes you a great day!

Daniele Z.
Industry: Capital Markets

Great Experience

Reviewed on 10/07/2019

Pros

Ease of use makes it a top pick for corporate expences.

Cons

Lack of contactless functionality in its shocking violet cards.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Daniele for your nice review. Stay tuned, contactless might arrive soon, such as new design from the card... ;)

Laure A.
Industry: Internet

Such an easy way to handle my expenses at work

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Pros

I love how quickly I understood the product. I didn't even need to be onboarded: everything felt very intuitive, very early on. Whenever I need to make a business expense, I don't even have to think about it twice, Spendesk makes it a breeze.

Cons

There's really little to dislike! It sometimes (but rarely) doesn't work on all payment systems but I know they're working on that.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Laure for your great review !

Camille M.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Awesome tool, giving a lot of freedom (and control at the same time) to many teams!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 9/01/2019

Pros

Super easy to use
Super smart, they thought of all the annoying details you go through when invoicing, pay, or have small orders.
Save so much time!
Fun emails, makes you commit and wanna use the tool!

Cons

I have nothing to say as a cons, really.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Camille for taking the time to give us such a kind review!

Charles D.

Great product ! Great team !

Reviewed on 21/07/2016

We are a small team and we use spendesk to simplify the follow up of expenses. All the team have an account so we do not need to lend the company credit card anymore

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Charles for this kind review!

Francesco C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Spendesk...what a pleasure to use!

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 13/09/2019

For short business trips this is considerably cheaper than using a corporate travel agent. Also great for business expenses and individual subscription services, be they magazines or services.

Pros

Clean interface and intuitively easy to use.

Cons

I have not yet found a feature that I dislike.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Francesco for your great review, we are happy to be by your side during your business travel. Wishing you a nice day!

Clemens T.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Solved our problem with missing receipts

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

It is a great tool to manage expenses of your colleagues and providing them with budget without missing a receipt.

Pros

-No missing receipts anymore
-Easy management of expenses
-Easy management of subscribtions
-Virtual credit-cards for purchases

Cons

-Seems to have different functionality on app and on the web app which can be confusing in the beginning.

Response from Spendesk

Thanks so much for your review Clemens. We're glad you're catching all those receipts!
- The Spendesk team

Ferdinand S.
Industry: E-Learning

Improvements

Reviewed on 17/06/2019

Paying all over the US when travelling. Helps with keeping track of company expenses.

Pros

Easy to mangae/upload your receipts when you are travelling.

Cons

-Spendesk card doesn't work in many places (Trader Joe's for example)
-With the app you can only take photos from receipts. It would be a great improvement if you could make a photo that recognizes the receipt (adapts the borders automatically) and that converts it to a pdf.

Response from Spendesk

Dear Ferdinand, thank you for your review. The good news is our new mobile app will be launching soon, and includes a new feature to automatically crop receipt photos. Sorry to hear about the issues you had overseas, we've passed your comments on to our product team to investigate further.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Ken O.

Happy to recommend

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

Pros

I have to say that I have been nothing but impressed by the Spendesk platform since we implemented it earlier this year. Tracking credit card expenditure was a manual painstaking process for us until we introduced Spendesk which involved chasing receipts and manually deriving accounting entries from a spreadsheet. I now have control and visibility across the business of the entire spend and am confident that I have the back up and approval processes for it in one location. You have managed to develop a cross platform UX that is easy for the user and the finance team alike and the reporting capability is second to none. I have no hesitation in giving a top rating and have since recommended it to other finance professionals.

Cons

If I had one suggestion it would be that the lead time of the physical cards is far too long and the cards themselves should be contactless.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Ken for your amazing review!
We are working right now in decreasing the time of the plastic card delivery and the contactless card is on its way. Stay tuned... ;-)

Sandro M.

Forest Admin uses Spendesk

Reviewed on 13/07/2016

Forest is a Saas company. As any saas company we have a lot of online spending : IT, subscriptions (git, adobe, etc) or travel expenses to visit our customers.
We had only 1 credit card (mine) B.S (as Before Spendesk :p) which was used for every subscription leading to problems. I could not have a clear view on all my subscriptions ! I was also blocked because of spending monthly limit...

Using Spendesk helped me to control each and every one of my subscription + no monthly limit.

I also use Spendesk for all my online spending and don't lose time at the end of the month chasing for invoices (something which is time-consuming and that I hate on a personal level).

Pros

issue 1 card per subscription with budgets
autonomy given to the other guys in my teams -> they can do the purchases themselves and I can use the customized approval flow to delegate the validation

Cons

I am the one not putting my invoices on the platform now and my accountant knows exactly that this is not on one of my employees' side

Response from Spendesk

Thanks for your feedbacks Sandro ! Glad to see that Spendesk helps you at Forest :)

Karim F.
Industry: Education Management

Easy, Painless, Efficient

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Pros

- Easy to use
- Intuitive
- Easy to manage user accesses and spending policies, to avoid creating complex procedures
- Easy to upload receipts (email address for automatic matching of invoices, native app for pictures etc.)
- can integrate with accounting

All in all I think spendesk allows us to gain time and control over many administrative tasks, enabling us to focus more on our business.

Cons

- Sometimes the plastic cards fail without any reason at some shops, this is a problem because it blocks us to buy things when we need them the most (ie at the cashier of a shop). But the CS team helps fairly quickly and solves the issue.

Natalie P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Easy to use and an enjoyable experience

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

It makes my life (and my bosses life!) so much easier. By giving me a budget I can spend with I don't have to pester by boss for money/company card access. I don't have to wait for expenses to be paid at the end of each month, I don't even have to log expenses! I also don't have to worry about losing receipts as I upload them straight away, and if I don't, Spendesk reminds me and questions why. It's a very intuative and user friendly platform.

Pros

The app - the ability to instantly upload receipts on the go (and reminders if you don't!), updates on balance, pin easily available through the app.

Cons

The sign up process wasn't as smooth as it could have been, I can't remember why or how now as it was a while ago but I remember getting my card in the post, with little instruction/information about what to do next. I then managed to 'sign up' but didn't register my card for ages as I thought I'd done that by signing up.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Natalie for your amazing review! We're so happy to read all your feedbacks, and we improved our customer onboarding process to avoid further confusion as you just mentioned :)

Fabien D.

Awesome to simplify expenses

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

Pros

Super easy to create/use/approve virtual cards for online expenses

Cons

It would be amazing if it could be combined with a forex solution, à la Revolut

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Fabien for your great review! We're glad to count Myriad Group as one of our customers and simplify your company expenses.

Nicholas N.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

Best Tool for Consolidating Company Spending

Reviewed on 10/07/2019

Pros

Spendesk has been invaluable in making it easy and straight forward to make company purchases. Setting up purchases is quick and painless, and if managed correctly easy to track all of your spending and invoices.

Cons

Would maybe like an option to create a department card which can be used multiple times but still has the limits and tracking capabilities, but which doesn't fall under the subscription use case.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Nicholas for your nice review on our product! And be sure that we took your feedback concerning department card into account. Have a nice day.

Industry: Human Resources

Great solution

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Pros

Easy way to manage all the payments, you can change your cards like a pro.

Cons

Sometimes I need to change the amount credit allowed in a card, but once it's created, you can't change it.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your review.

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Amazing software!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 23/09/2019

With Spendesk we are able to speed up the organization process of our business trips.
Everything is way faster with Spendesk!

Pros

It's extremely easy to use, no time to waste. Spendesk can help a company to increase its effectiveness.

Cons

Be able to do different payments with a temporary Virtual Credit Card.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your great review!

Alena T.

Spendesk using review

Reviewed on 21/07/2016

We pay almost each day with Spendesk our invoices, purchases etc. It is really easy to use, it provide a hight level of security for our purchases. Very reactive support team is always here to resolve, explain the issues and questions. Really very good experience of using Spendesk!

Pros

I like that it allows us to do secure purchases without fear to loose our money.

Cons

It is user-friendly and easy to use.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Alena for taking the time to make this great review!

Joshua N.
Industry: Computer Software

Forget updloading receipts, just take a pic

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Simplicity with a potential to be too good to be true

Pros

As a sales manager, I travel all the time, and a week of tickets can be a real pain to upload on any platform regardless of its friendlyness. What I love about spendesk is that you just got to take a picture of the payment, by the time you receive the printed ticked you usually have received the nofitifcation in your mobile.

The next level would be to just forget the receipts.

Cons

I need a defult for my expenses, as they usually revolve around the same possibilities, so that whenever i had to change anything, i could just modify the default option.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Joshua for your very interesting review. We will take into account your needs to improve your use of Spendesk!

Industry: Food & Beverages

Easily to adopt!

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Tackling daily expenses with ease!

Pros

The overall speed and straightforwardness of handling on a daily basis expenses as a field commercial.

Cons

The fact that Firefox doesn't handle the software?

Suzanne T.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Very easy to use!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 7/10/2019

It's super user-friendly and efficient :)

Pros

I travel a lot for work and love that I can use the app at any moment and upload directly my invoices to the app, very user-friendly

Cons

Sometimes the app takes a bit to load the images, but it usually solves with a few minutes

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Suzanne for your great review. We're happy to help you spending while on-the-go!

Industry: Real Estate

Makes a complex process quick painless

Reviewed on 7/05/2019

I regularly need to spend on incentives for gathering user feedback, and spendesk makes that process easy for me.

Pros

As a user of Spendesk, it's great to feel enabled to easily make work purchases without needing to worry about expense forms, or waiting for someone to give you a company card. It makes my workflow faster.

Cons

There's very little I don't like. I've only had two case where there was something in the UI that I didn't understand 100%, but it didn't prevent me from achieving what I needed to do.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your great review!

Ségolène G.
Industry: Retail

Amazing tool

Reviewed on 23/11/2018

Time saving, reassuring and easy to use.
Really good job guys & thanks again for your help.

Pros

Spendesk customer support is one of the best I have seen! Very friendly and available at any time to help you.
Tool, very easy to use.

Cons

It doesn't recognize wrong receipt and sometimes VAT.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Ségolène for your review, we are really happy to help you and your company!