Easy Storage Solutions

Storage Simplified.

4.8 /5 (630 reviews) Write a Review!

Tim M.

Excellent solution for self service storage

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Easy of use, implementation, intuitive and well designed customer interface, and simple to manage.

Pros

We operate a small, 138 unit, self storage facility and Easy Self Storage goes a long way in automating many of the process steps we require. If you have a question, you reach a someone who works for ESS (not a call center) who can answer that question quickly.

Cons

ESS provides a package of offerings to complement the self storage software solution, but feels like there are different mini-companies operating together. It would be good to have these rolled under one operating structure to provide consistency. They are all good, but 'feels' different if that makes sense...

Matthew T.

Excellent software

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

Pros

The tech support has always been helpful and new features are added constantly.

Cons

I wish the software was compatible with Sparefoot. Currently we have to manually reconcile.

Robin S.

I have an 82 unit storage facility and found Easy Storage Solutions during a Google search.

Reviewed on 27/01/2018

It was very easy to set up and work with. I like that it sends out notifications with invoice information and lockout notices automatically. I can log into my account from my phone and view customer profiles and even make payments and set up new customers. It has several report features that help with keeping track of customer payments, lock outs, late payments, collections and financial information including deposit slips and much more. Customers can rent and pay online, they can even place themselves on a waiting list and I will be notified via text message and e-mail. For a few extra dollars a month they keep my Google ranking up so I appear on the first page of a storage search in my area. They designed and manage any changes I want to make to my webpage. Over all it is a very good product for the price.

Pros

I don't have much of a profit margin and they were very reasonably priced. It is the first facility I have owned and they were willing to answer questions about rentals that didn't even pertain to the software. They are always easy to get a hold of when I have a question or concern.

Cons

The software does not allow me to keep track of my expenses and does not integrate well with other bookkeeping software. It also keeps recurring billing going after move out if you don't go in and manually turn it off. Why would it bill on an archived customer who is no longer renting a unit. I feel like all of that should automatically stop once the tenant moves out and is archived.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Hi Robin! Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate it! Please give us a call when you have some time and we can help you resolve the recurring billing issue! As for Quickbooks we are working on this as well!

Nikoletta Y.

Super grateful I found EZ Storage! BEST (and cheapest!) for small-mid properties.

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Made it super easy for me to take over the management of 3 RV Storage lots. Saves us time since more than 1/2 our customers now pay automatically, with a low flat-rate Card option. Excellent support when needed (which isn't often since it is so easy to use). Beautifully simple program reduces stress in my life (which takes more skill to create than the over-complex, clunky programs!).

Pros

Easy to learn... beautifully SIMPLE! Always fast support... super friendly people & they really respond to suggestions--the program keeps improving. I especially love the check 'batch' deposits, with our smaller business we don't need to close out each day, can just batch the payments at our convenience. Super easy low flat fee for Card payments, more than 1/2 our customers now pay automatically (awesome). Letters are easy to create & customize, and it's easy to email letters, reminders, & receipts. We now only print & mail Liens, saving time & paper. I've used other programs and found them complicated & visually too 'busy', this one earns its name of Easy.

Cons

I would design some reports a little differently, to put more data on a single page. That's about it.

Terry B.

Very Positive Review for Storage Unit Software

Reviewed on 4/03/2017

We purchased this software about two years ago to help operate our storage company that has over 100 units. As we have several other companies, two of which are over 30 years old, we have had our share of software to either help run the actual company or to run our many pieces of equipment within the various companies.
Although I have never given a recommendation about any software we purchased, I feel it is appropriate to say that this software has been absolutely perfect and that it works way beyond what we were expecting.
One last comment. My staff has made a couple of minor recommendation to the software staff and they made the adjustments while on the phone.

Pros

Very powerful program.
Very reasonable cost.
Called three times in the past with questions and questions were answered immediately.
They must never sleep.

Cons

No cons whatsoever.

Don O.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Using this software has taken my storage units to a new, higher level!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017

I can't say enough about this software. It helps me, it helps my customers, it's a win-win all the way around. I don't even take advantage of all the features they have at my disposal, but if I did it would boost my productivity even more. Gotta make some time to get into this some more!

Pros

Customers can use it with ease. It beats having to arrange times for meetings, as customers can see what is open, can take a drive by look, and make their decision. On line payments are a breeze and have boosted my receipts immensely!

Cons

I agree, the map making is a bit difficult, but not insurmountable. Just takes some time and patience.

Ken S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Quick to get up and going

Reviewed on 1/05/2017

It is getting better as it goes, they are always adding new features and working hard to improve any issues. You can always call them and they will fix issue you are having on their end.

Pros

good customer service when you have no idea what you are doing or how to fix payments with customers

Cons

setting up accounts for customers is difficult for them, and hard for customers to figure out how to move out, or move to another storage unit that comes open. So basic navigate is difficult, for customers and we call regularly for help, as we do not see the tiny buttons either to move them out or to make a payment, etc..

Lori O.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Them!

Reviewed on 27/01/2018

Ease of: use, transferring of customer's records from a previous software, top notch customer service and portability of being able to access anywhere

Pros

How easy it is to use. We're all about keeping things simple and this product helps us stay true to task!

Cons

There's a couple of features I'd like to see a little more adaptable such as being able to set a few more parameters for some of the reports that allows us to print as well as offering a "to do" list capability for each unit that shows in their record as well as the task management system and which also allows us to print.

Don O.

Truly a Godsend

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Pros

Simple, even for a computer dunce. It makes life so much easier for me as well as my customers. Invoicing, reminders, unit layouts, you name it. Had one customer who owns storage elsewhere that told me, as a consumer, he loved it, and how does he get this! Hooked him up with no reservation about it. I've enjoyed my usage of this product. And, the best part- it's helped me streamline my op and ensure I get the payments accurately!

Rick K.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Best Value Self Storage Software Anywhere

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

This software package has allowed me to nearly automate my entire business which saves me an immense amount of time.

Pros

Ease of use and relatively low cost. I can customize my website and easily add/change unit inforamation. My customers can find a unit which fits their needs, reserve it, and pay for it online.

Cons

I have no qualms at all with this software package

Carrie B.

Very good. Have been happy with them since we opened

Reviewed on 26/01/2018

Pros

They have very good customer service. Whenever we have a question or a concern about anything they are always there to help

Cons

Sometimes when they make changes or updates to the software they aren't necessarily something that we need and therefore we just have to take time to get used to it. But it's not a big deal.

Jon J.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Best Self Storage Management Software Available!

Reviewed on 27/01/2018

This software makes managing a small self storage business much easier. I tried a few other demos before finding this and the others do not compare. It is very easy to use and they are updating it regularly to make it even better.

Pros

The software is affordable for small business, easy to use and amazing customer support available if needed.

Mike D.

Smartest decision in my 32 years owning a storage business!

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Pros

So easy even for us older dogs.
Can run from anywhere anytime. So simple to use. Short learning curve. Always improving

Cons

It'd be nice if it was free!
I simply can't add to this. They are always there to help me. I called often the first month by then I was off and running

Linda G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Could Not Choose A Better Software Company!

Reviewed on 29/04/2014

Pros

It's easy to use and innovative; customer service levels are excellent! All of the guys are accommodating and quick to respond to calls or emails. I am completely satisfied that we selected Easy Storage Solutions. By using Easy Storage Solutions Software, we have eliminated the task of monthly billing and collection, and we have decreased the time spent in the office waiting for customers to arrive. It has created an ability for the customer to go online, select their unit, and book it 24/7. By offering customers the option to pay with credit card or ACH, it has reduced our collection effort and made the process easier for the customer. We let the guys help us get set up with an access control company, which they integrated with their software.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I am unhappy with at this time.

Matthew H.

Exactly What I Was Looking For

Reviewed on 4/11/2015

Pros

One cost effective product does everything I need for my self storage facility. You get management software, a modern responsive web site template, and web site hosting in one simple to set up package. Support has been great as well.

Cons

One would always like to see more features, but I really don't have any complaints about Easy Storage Solutions, or their product.

Bruce P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Overall I'm very pleased with this program, it has made running a storage facility much easier.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017

Anytime we have needed help figuring something out the online chat help has been fantastic! I have reported the invoicing issues and they have told me that they "are looking into it".

Pros

Has many great features and services that we didn't even consider before moving to a software tracking program, I wonder how we got along without it!

Cons

The "invoicing" features need some improvement, our business provides services outside of the "normal" storage business (like delivery service and snow plowing). We were hoping to use this system for all aspects of the business but are back to using our old system because of issues with invoicing. One of the biggest issues is that this system doesn't have proper invoice sequential numbering. Every line item becomes an "invoice" number and if there is more than one item on a bill then you don't have an single "invoice" number for the entire bill. Very confusing for customers.

Anne B.

Fast, Simple, Good quality, Affordable

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Keeps my business organized, lets my clients make payments easily and safely online.

Pros

I love that it's easy to use, fast to run reports, easy for our clients to use, and super affordable!

Tommy T.

Great Time Saver

Reviewed on 1/05/2019

They have been great to work with and setup by them was great.I can now take a look and get real time info on the facility.

Pros

This has saved SO much time processing and absolutely organized the facility into an easy to read report.

Cons

Would like some of the tab options have more “layman’s” names like “Collections” should just be “Past Due” etc

Sarah L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Not so easy to make modifications

Reviewed on 10/01/2017

I love everything about this product, except that I can't easily modify the sizes of the units for the sitemap for it to be in proportion to our actual units (i.e. 10'x20' = 5"x10") You can modify the sizes, it just takes far too long, and they're never exact. Also, the "website" (I use that loosely) they give you is pretty bland. I haven't checked yet, but I'm hoping things can be modified to meet our company's needs like the color, layout and/or font. However, it does what I need it to do, plus more. Overall I am very very satisfied.

Pros

Ease of use and data entry.

Cons

I can't easily modify the sizes of the units for the sitemap for it to be in proportion to our actual units (i.e. 10'x20' = 5"x10"). The website is bland.

Response from Jimmy

Hi Sarah, customizing the "birds-eye" view of the unit map can be challenging at times to get the edges to line up. We are happy to do that for you if you find it to be difficult. Also, please let us know what we can d to spruce up your website, we are happy to help in any way.

Shawn W.

U-Pile-It Self Storage

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Easy to work with and very attentive to questions during the setup process. I admit there was anxiety about loading everything, but they made it SO MUCH EASIER than I expected. I figured the site map and unit layout would be difficult, but it went so much better than anticipated. The setup folks pretty much took care of all the heavy lifting and I just had to assign the customers to the units.

Pros

We went from mailed in payments and manual contract writing to this software and it was a game changer. My time spent with paperwork and checks has decreased a great deal and continues to get better as more tenants enroll in the online program. The ability for customers to go online and rent and see what is available is great. I highly encourage this program. I love how much easier it has made things for us.

Cons

Nothing to add here. I like everything about it.

John S.

User

Reviewed on 2/05/2019

It makes our daily activities run smoothly.

Pros

The automated process saves me a lot of time.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software.

Faith S.

Excellent Value & Easy to Use

Reviewed on 6/01/2016

Pros

The Easy Storage Solutions software is very intuitive and easy to learn. They offer features, like Recurring Payments and Online Payments which help the self-storage owner streamline the rent collection process. Their support has been excellent as well. I decided to try this software for my second self-storage facility and liked it so much, I almost immediately converted my other facility over to it as well. The invoicing process is easy and straight forward, as is moving customers in and out of units, and taking payments--so basically the tasks that are done repeatedly are all easy and intuitive.

Cons

No downside about the vendor that I've seen. They have been very responsive and supportive. There are only a couple things about the software that I'm not crazy about. One would be that a lot of the reports, and receipts, are generated in landscape view, which is not standard practice or ideal from my perspective. The other would be that customer address info is a bit buried and takes longer to get to than I'd like. Would be better if it were more readily visible.

Elissa S.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

So Easy to Use and Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 8/05/2017

Pros

The customer service is outstanding. They are always so quick and knowledgeable. The system is very easy to use and easy to figure out.

Cons

There are some features that I wish were available, such as being able to have 2 email addresses as the email contact for the invoices etc. Also, it would be nice if you could simply delete certain items in the billing history, rather than voiding them particularly when a mistake is made. This would be more ideal so that the billing history wasn't so confusing.

Response from Nate

The way to "delete" certain items in the billing history is to zero out the charge by clicking on the 'date' of the transaction, once the transaction is zeroed out you can archive the line item so you don't ever see it again in the billing history. This makes things a lot cleaner than "voiding" line items (which adds another line in the billing history). Following this will help the billing history not look confusing.

William G.

This software help runs our self-storage facility.

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Pros

This software is very user-friendly, we have a few people in our company that are not that super tech savvy, but this software design it very easy for them to navigate too. Also, the customer support is very helpful, friendly, and patient. We have called them many times and they always walk us through whatever problem we encounter. I also like how frequently they add new things to the software

Pamela M.

Still not using all features but seems to be used friendly

Reviewed on 27/01/2018

Pros

The software is easy for customers to use on line to rent and make payment. Also i feel it is easy for me to be able to see all customers with their information.

Cons

Doesn't seem to be the best for marketing. It really took a lot longer than we expected to be able for is to move up on the Google list for searches. Still not getting many units rented without us directing new customers to use the software.