4.2
4.2
Steven B.
Industry: Music

A great value, an irreplaceable tool for our organization.

Reviewed on 14/02/2018

It really organizes our musicians extremely well, we have very little confusion now.

Pros

This helps us organize all of our contractors and employees. It gets them all onboard pretty easy and has a lot of powerful tools that have made running our organization much easier. We tried a LOT of different products and this one was the only one that really met all our needs to get everyone scheduled and organized, it is an amazing value for the price they charge us.

Cons

I wish it was easier to sync with 3rd party apps. The good part is making a .csv of data is super fast and easy but I would still like to see it play nice with other products.

Pilly M.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Shiftboard is easy to use and super efficient.

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

I enjoy the simplicity of being able to search my teammates shifts and confirm the hours they have scheduled every week. Shiftboard is was to use and navigate through.

Pros

I really enjoy the easy access and the ability to add shifts for my Teammates like study Halls and Meeting s. Shiftboard notifies you of any errors if you are scheduling a shift for a date that is passed.

Cons

While Shiftboard is great there are times when I get reports of shifts not being added correctly causing teammates to miss the shift they did not know was scheduled.

Brenda S.

Shiftboard is great! It has really helped my ability to organize and recruit volunteers.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Pros

I like the various ways you can use the software. It is also fairly simple on the front end, so users can figure it out fairly quickly. I also like the time keeping feature.

Cons

The back end can be a little confusing, as in trying to pull reports and the fact that you can't add more than one team to a shift is limiting. Also the timeclock feature is great but I wish it wouldn't be based on numerical values and instead on names.

Industry: Music

Online rotas made easy

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

Allows us to easily rota 500+ staff members

Pros

Producing rotas/schedules for 500+ staff members across multiple teams is no easy challenge. Especially with complex rules and specifications for each of those teams, so the fact that shiftboard even comes close to achieving these results is impressive.

The software is simple and easy to use, particularly for the end users who'll probably appreciate this more than the management who need to implement it.

Has been running for around 5 years now with no significant issues in that time, so again really impressive.

Cons

The reporting can be a little clunky and that's really the only thing that lets this down. Having said that, support staff are very receptive and willing to work with you to produce something bespoke, but feel like this is the one area that could be improved upon to make this truly fantastic.

Industry: Education Management

Shiftboard has a steep learning curve, but is an incredibly powerful tool

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

Significant reduction in overlapping systems. One-stop-shop for lots of scheduling/program needs. A simple way to remind staff of their shifts and inform them of changes.

Pros

It has eliminated many other systems and brought them into one place. It can handle the customization that we need as we operate a less-than-normal staffing system (some seasonal staff, some permanent; some overlapping shifts, some week-long programs, etc.).

The team at Shiftboard has been very responsive to our requests and needs, which is very important.

Given time, I'm optimistic that its reporting abilities will be very useful for anticipating and hiring for future needs. Coming from a world of dozens of complex, non-communicating spreadsheets, it's great to have everything in one place!

Cons

It has a steep learning curve, so be prepared to practice, experiment, and be trained.

They also have not yet implemented shift-linking, so my week-long programs all staffed by the same person can't be treated as one connected system. This means that bulk changes are difficult if we've noticed an issue, and it means that the initial shift setup is quite time consuming.

I wish that the month-long view could be customized to give me more of the information I want, or that we could view data for a 2-week stretch. It's hard to get a birds-eye view of our programming with the systems they have in place.

I'll add that we're relatively new to Shiftboard, and working out the kinks is a part of the process.

A near perfect site for coordinating shifts and people

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

A flawless solution for matching volunteers to gigs! I can count on Shiftboard to work everytime, to sign up for shifts, remind me of shifts, give me credit for the shifts I've completed, and to cancel when I have to.

Pros

In my experience, it is the best software for letting people sign up for shifts and for the venue to reach out for volunteers. I have been using it as a volunteer for about three years and have never encountered a glitch. It is extremely versatile and robust. It's easy to assign people to different teams and levels (regular team and gold team for VIP volunteers, for example).

Cons

If I have to answer what I like least, I'd say it's that there is a bit of learning curve to discover all of the features it makes possible. But that's mostly because it will do so much more than the basic.

Christa M.
Industry: Entertainment
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

I use the program to manage hundreds of employees

Reviewed on 17/10/2017

The catalog of all of the past and present employees. There are many people over the 12 years of my management that I have lost track of but this tool helps to jog my memory and helps my team keep track of why or why not we want to have them back. We are an employer that employs most of our team for only 2 months a year, so this type of management is crucial for us.

Pros

I like the ability to look up my employees easily, check their teams and the profile piece is very thorough.

Cons

**When I can't copy and paste a name in the search field.** When I make a mistake in the name and have to delete it and the search field kicks me out and I have to click on it again to type in the name. This doesn't seem like a big problem, but when you are dealing with hundreds of people, it is an annoyance on the regular.

Letty G.

Shift Board is a great program for shifts. The ease to access, change and add are very user-friendly

Reviewed on 16/10/2017

Pros

My favorite thing about Shift Board is that it is very user-friendly. Figuring out the different reports and how to's is significantly easy. The necessary steps are easily identifiable. Thank you!

Cons

The picking of shifts could be made easier by being able to select perhaps, all the desired shifts for a day at a time instead of a shift at a time. It would be nice to be able to breakdown shifts into smaller slots automatically when returned to available status to facilitate the pick-up of the same.

Debbie W.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Easy

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Ease of broadcasted information and broadcasting information for signing up.

Pros

I use the History capture to review schedules and pay periods.
I also like the interface between the events posted scheduling and private Calendar use.
The ease of scheduling and picking up shifts is one of the most useful tools in the industry.

Cons

Occasionally the ability to use the site on a mobile versus PC is not as reliable. Overall I believe this site is very comprehensive.

Ray W.
Industry: Events Services

First and Only

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

Our organization was stuck in the paper and pencil age. Everyone would submit for the events they wanted to work and the supervisor would have to sort everything and everyone out. We did a demo of a competitor but it would not work for the varied shifts and last minute changes and additions that we have.
Once we looked at Shiftboard we were sold that this is the best and easiest for the organization. With most managers buy-in we made the plunge and the results have been fantastic. There are some hold outs but when we show them the advantages and different ways they can input a schedule the results speak for themselves.

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to specialize how the scheduling is done based upon the managers wants and needs.

Jenn M.
Industry: Entertainment

Perfectly functional employee/volunteer scheduling app

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

I've used Shiftboard as an employee like a time clock, and I've used it as a volunteer manager where we just schedule the volunteers (but don't make them clock in/out on it). It's perfectly functional as both!

Pros

I like how easy it is to pick up/drop/trade shifts, and to clock in & out. It does what it's made for!

Cons

The mobile apps are terrible, to the point of unusability. On my Android I always just pull up the web page instead of using the app, which is also terrible, gotta enlarge each small part of the page I need to use separately. I also wish it was easier to click on an employee/volunteer's name and get straight to their contact info as an admin - you get there eventually but usually when I'm looking for that kind of thing, it's because they're late and I'm in a hurry - it should be faster!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Kristina K.

Pleasure to use.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Pros

I like the ease of use for this software, its very user friendly and easy to teach to anyone. We use it daily for our employees and even the ones that struggle with computers are able to use Shiftboard.

Also the support team is amazing and is always easy to reach.

Cons

At the moment I like the financial report the least because of the overtime structure that doesn't capture the daily overtime according to the provincial rules.

Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Removes the stress of scheduling.

Reviewed on 17/10/2017

Easy to use and saves tons of times. Staff like to pick their own shifts.

Pros

It's easy to use and I can post multiple shifts all at once. It takes just minutes to set up and then it does the work for you. I love that I can send broadcasts to capture the attention of many at once.

Cons

I don't like that I have to scroll through all the times in order to post the time of a shift. I would rather just type in the time.

Heather S.

Great software. Very versatile!

Reviewed on 14/02/2018

Easy tracking, broadcasting, reporting, and sign ups.

Pros

The functionality is very adaptable. Customer Service is great to work with and quickly answers questions and concerns.

Cons

There are reports that would be helpful but after mentioning almost every other month for the past year they are on the road map. There were some issues with the app that were frustrating to users but have been corrected.

Peter G.
Industry: Hospitality

Works Great For My Small Business

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

I am virtually running my business from this platform. Without captains to run my charter boats, I clearly have no running business so this allows me to essentially complete the hardest task of my day to day operation.

Pros

I run a fleet of charter boats and I have 15 captains that run the boats for charters. ShiftBoard allows me to organize everyone for upcoming trips without being in the same place. I can post what I need and who I need it from and can get responses from available captains no matter where they are. This has allowed me to almost run my business virtually from anywhere while accomplishing the most difficult tasks of this business type which is staffing.

Cons

I think that the calendar view can be a little more organized but once you get used to what you are looking for it becomes second nature. Overall this software has beat out the competition scheduling software by far in my opinion as I have used other options on the market that directly compete with this platform.

Victoria S.

It has always been great working for me.

Reviewed on 17/10/2017

I can see all of my agents shifts at once. Love it!!

Pros

Everything has always showed accurate to me. I let my team member know to always keep any eye on their shiftboard as it is in their own timezone and can help no call no shows.

Cons

I have agents that say they have some issues with seeing their shifts or the load time it takes when picking shifts.

Terrie R.

Shiftboard is pretty straight forward and easy to use.

Reviewed on 17/10/2017

Pros

The mobile app is the biggest pro for users who are on the move. The ability to export your schedule in any existing calendar and printing are a plus.

Cons

The interface seems a little to "bare bones" in the calendar view. Some work on making the interface buttons and selections easier to navigate would be helpful.

Allison M.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Great help for scheduling

Reviewed on 30/11/2016

Mostly I like using Shiftboard. I am sometimes frustrated by the limits set by the system, I would like to be able to limit people able to remove conflict and OT limits. I would to be able to add and change tabbed items in the profile.

Pros

The ability to share information about relief staff.

Cons

Some of the limits set on what the system administrator can do.

Comfort K.

Always accessible, easy to use

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

Ease of use when the need to access shift any time of the day or night arise. Opening shiftboard and navigating on my desktop of mobile device simultaneously with ease.

Pros

Adding and deleting shifts. I also enjoy the ability to access shiftboard form my mobile device where ever I am when dealing with staffing issues.

Lisa N.
Industry: Education Management

We Love It!

Reviewed on 30/11/2016

We are non profit educational program who searched long and hard for this type of program. Shiftboard turns out to be one of the very few of its kind and we absolutely love it! Great program! Great Value! Super Customer Service!

Pros

Secure and user friendly. Great value. Excellent customer support and service

Cons

Mobile application needs work

Teresa M.
Industry: Consumer Services
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

I use Shiftboard through my company daily. I am very please with the over all use.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

I love having the shifts listed and having the the flexibility.

Pros

I like we can have different shift and I like the tradeboard. I like that I can search and find a certain agent and look at their shifts.

Cons

I do not like the fact that it is hard to locate some things. I also would like some more functionality with tradeboard. It may be that I need a little more understanding on this however. I wish tthere as videos as users we could bee.

Cathy N.

Shiftboard is a basic scheduling tool that works well for our needs!

Reviewed on 16/10/2017

Pros

The program is easy to learn and functions nicely. Has capability to notify employees of assigned shifts via email and text. We do not use all function and capability of the program but we love what we do use. The iPhone app is great!

Cons

Employees state they do not receive emails and texts for every notification. They sometimes get and email but not a text or text but no email.

Jeff P.
Industry: Hospitality
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

I use this software on a daily basis and it is a wonderful tool for keeping track of personnel.

Reviewed on 16/10/2017

Always aware of the latest schedule changes.

Pros

Ease of use. All of the features are very straightforward and I was able to learn how to navigate around pretty quickly.

Cons

I do wish that the software came with some sort of training option so people who don't understand how to use it can learn how to be proficient.

David L.

Easily manage your team

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

We manage a group of 14 medical directors. Trying to deal with vacations, holidays, and time-off when 24x7x365 coverage was a nightmare; a collection of always outdated spreadsheets, voicemails, and post-it notes. Shiftboard enabled us to easily automate the process and put the coverage decisions in the hands of our physicians. Now, each of our Medical Directors easily works out coverage among themselves using Shiftboard. A huge improvement!

Pros

Value, ease of use, available technical support

Cons

Mobile client not as robust as competing solutions

Melissa M.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy to fill shifts and see other staffing at different houses

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Filling shifts easier and tracking staff. Easy to make a staffing schedule.

Pros

It is easy to see what staff are working and where. It has been very helpful to fill shifts at the group homes. There is a lot of information and we can better track staffing and make our schedules.

Cons

Managers need multiple training's for all the features on Shiftboard. It is still a learning process.