4.8
4.8
Eric jackson S.

Early Adopter Here

Reviewed on 13/08/2018

We've been very pleased with everything about this software. Most importantly (in my book) their customer service is VERY responsive and extremely helpful. Considering how much our operations rely upon their interface, any downtime would be catastrophic. The handful of times that we have had issues, they really have dropped everything to work with us to get it resolved in short order. That means pretty much everything for our store.

Pros

The software is very intuitive. We switched our software over from a piece-built Access system back in 2013, and there was a learning curve for staff, but it went very smoothly. For a high-volume consignment based store with over 7,000 consignors, I can't imagine using anything else. Additionally, being cloud-based means that when we have technological complications on one computer, we still have functionality.

Cons

There have been a few tweaks and customization changes that we have requested from the company that either haven't happened or have taken a long time to implement. Please understand, this is a minor issue, and they have become a very large company so we don't expect special treatment. The fact that this is the thing I like "least" is more testament to how great the bulk of our experience has been.

Response from Traxia

Thanks so much Eric. What a terrific review! We really appreciate you taking the time. We tweak and make changes to the system based on the number of requests we receive for a particular feature. We truly want SimpleConsign to be a customer-driven system. Believe me, we're listening to all of your suggestions. Thanks again.

Mara E.

Simple Consign has all the core elements we need to power our new business.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

Pros

We are a combination of consignment, resale and retail. I love that SimpleConsign supports all of these types in both POS and overall inventory management. It is also fairly easy to train our new staff on POS components of the system. Also I'm very happy with the level of customer support from the Traxia team.

Cons

Because I have a software design and development background, I am perhaps more critical than most. I find many of the workflows very clunky and some of the interfaces do not follow UX best practices -- resulting in user errors that shouldn't happen. It doesn't feel like user-centered design.

Many times when I'm trying to figure out how to get the system to support the tasks I want to do, I long for a peek at your schema and object model. The data relationships aren't always clear and results are often not what I would expect.

I would love for the software to work better with and on multiple devices.

Michelle G.

Worth The Money for Cutting Edge Software

Reviewed on 6/08/2020

Although it is one of my biggest expenses, I am so glad I chose to spend the extra money. My business runs smoothly and efficiently.

Pros

Ease of use and it is up to date technology.

Cons

Glitches once and a white that effect my ability to ring up customers, but SimpleConsign typically fixes these as quick as possible, which I appreciate.

Response from Traxia

Hey Michelle, thank you for your review, as well as being a fantastic customer and partner!

William C.
Industry: Retail

Very easy to use and affordable consignment software

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Overall we are very happy. As a small store, SimpleConsign has all the features that we need at a price we can afford. The software has been easy to use, stable and support has been very fast to respond to any questions or issues we might have. We can work around the minor issues with little extra effort and our vendors love the real time access to their accounts and the ease of adding inventory. We would recommend any consignment store or vendor mall seriously look at SimpleConsing as their POS software.

Pros

The best aspect of SimpleConsign is the ease of use for both our store and our vendors. It is simple to add/edit/remove inventory or convert vendor inventory if abandoned. Consigner Access allows for direct uploading of inventory into the POS system by the vendor. Having bar codes on items eliminates the majority of errors in recording vendor sales and allows for faster chekout. Vendors do not have to wait until end-of-month accounting is complete to know where there account stands by giving them real time account access. There are a wide range of reporting options allowing the store to be able to analize data to look for trends in sales and types of items being sold. This allows for better staffing allocation and inventory stocking. Sales reports are complete with all the information that accountants/tax preparers need.

Cons

As this software was designed for consignment and we use it in a vendor mall the "Status" field becomes confusing to new vendors when an item changes from "Active" to "Expired". Vendors tend to think that the item is no longer available for sale. When a vendors sales do not exceed their rent and they have to do a "Pay In" the receipts that print out are fortune cookie size slips. A full size receipt should print out as the small ones barely have enough room for credit card users to sign and the vendor copy is even smaller and difficult for them to save for there records. There is no way to edit information once uploaded from the consigner side. This is probably set up this way to protect the store but if a vendor makes a spelling mistake or quantity, price mistake the only way for the vendor to correct is to remove the item and create it a second time otherwise, the store has to do the correcting. There are limited receipt printer compatibility.

Scott B.
Industry: Retail

Much better than expected!

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Overall, I would give SimpleConsign an A- grade. It loses points on many of the printing issues. Its documentation is not the greatest. However, they are responsive when you contact them for help. Not only are they responsive but the CSR people I have worked with are very knowledgable about the product. They act like humans, not a programmed robot going through a script.

Pros

The overall record-keeping​ of consigned items is excellent. Tracking inventory is very simple. With the ability to print labels with barcodes, it makes it easier to track inventory and prices.

The flexibility of the reporting system is excellent. A helpful feature is the ability to download the report as a CSV file. Having that data as a CSV allows me to upload it to another software package that we use for e-commerce.

If you have reporting to do to comply with local second-hand property laws, SimpleConsign can download a CSV file that can be uploaded to Leads Online. The company should add this to their feature list because it is a​ crucial business feature!

Cons

Many of the printing issues are a bit of a pain in the behind. No matter how much I try to adjust the labels, I cannot get them to print precisely right on the page. I finally figured out how to deal with product/price labels by cutting off only a little in the middle column.

SimpleConsign doesn't adjust the print widths. It's one width fits all receipt printers. Since I have a wide format receipt printer, the receipt does not fill the entire width. By not allowing the width to be user-configurable​, SimpleConsign does not allow us to save money by buying printers on the used market.

For formatting output, they are relying on Chrome's layout capabilities. However, if you are not using Chrome (because Google cannot be trusted), then you cannot finely tune margins and other layout issues.

Response from Traxia

Thanks Scott for taking time to leave a review. We really appreciate it! Glad you recognized we don't have chatbots. When you call SimpleConsign, you'll talk to a human!

Lynn M.
Industry: Retail

Without hesitation- a true winner

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Overall experience: They use a 10 point scale to rate level of satisfaction. I need more like a 50 point scale.
I just cant thank Simple Consign enough for always being there. It is such a pleasure to work with team that truly understands customer service. Attitude, professionalism, knowledge base--- they have it all and deliver it with the highest regard for their customers. Just love it and love them!

Pros

Where do I begin? Let me start with their OUTSTANDING customer support. They are fast at responding, patient as they walk you thru solutions ( teach you as they do) and truly know their product features. Probably the most outstanding service I have received from any vendor. As for the software itself- tremendous! I feel like I could not do my job without this software (and their support). It provides me with all the necessary features I need to make the shop run smoothly, informed and convenient. My consignors love it because it gives them access to their account 24/7.. and it saves me from having to answer phone calls about accou8nt info. It is right there for each client. I truly cant speak highly enough about this company, its people and its products. The best value and the "item" that helps me the most.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike. When I run into a problem, all I have to do is call customer support and BINGO- they walk me thru a solution. There was 1 occasion when I wanted to do something and that particular function could not be done HOWEVER with the help of the support crew, they came up with an alternative that worked perfect. They go the extra mile 7 days a week/ 24 hours a day

Response from Traxia

Wow, Lynn, thanks! We appreciate your phenomenal review. Thanks for your incredible encouragement and loyalty too. You've actually been a customer of ours since 2014! It's wonderful customers like you that make us work that much harder.

Sara K.

Great Software!

Reviewed on 13/08/2018

Great experience - the product and customer service is wonderful!

Pros

Very user friendly - visually clear, logical, and well organized.
Customizeable - easy to adapt this system to our specific needs, run custom reports, use some features but not others etc.

Cons

Updates often seem to change layout or visual details that seem unnecessary - eg: fade effect on calendar setting, while there are other features we would love to see updates on to improve function eg: ability to discount multiple items at once, but not having to discount the entire sale. Or the ability to see trends of sales data on different time frequencies - monthly, yearly, etc instead of just "all time".
However, some changes that we have wanted to see have been implemented, which is wonderful! eg: search function in brands feature.
Is there a connection to QuickBooks?

Response from Traxia

Sara,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. We appreciate you titling it "Great Software!" We do connect with the installed version of Quickbooks and we're working on an integration with the online version as well. Check with Tech Support about discounting items at the time of sale. Again, thanks for taking the time to give us a 10 out of 10!

Karlan J.

Playback Sports

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

I feel like the staff over at Simple Consign are all part of my company, working for me and frankly are the highest functioning part of my business. I appreciate them everyday when I turn on the system and it buzzes to life having safely stored all of my data through the night.

Pros

Super user friendly and easy to onboard new employees. Love the consistent and seamless (mostly) updates. Also love the recent refreshed look and feel. Even though I don't often ask for special features its clear to me that the company overall has their pulse on what consignment stores need because new features consistently address issues or needs that we are having.

Cons

Sometimes there are printer challenges but it's less likely about the software than probably compatibility with operating systems.

Response from Traxia

Karlan, thanks for taking the time to give us a review. It does our heart good to hear you say you feel we're a part of your company. That's our ultimate goal...to partner with you in your business. The fact that you rated us a 10 out of 10 and gave us all 5 stars is just the icing on the cake! Thanks. About those printing issues...get those Support guys on the phone and make sure there isn't something they need to do!

Tammy J.

Simple Consign

Reviewed on 5/08/2020

Overall my experience has been very good.

Pros

Simple Consign is excellent software for businesses such as ours - where you have multiple vendors. It allows us to easily process a sale as well as look up history, etc. it pretty much allows us to do everything we need to in order to run our business. Great value for the money. Also, our vendors can see their sales online at any time. They love being able to do that. Tech support has been very helpful whenever I have had questions.

Cons

The reporting is not as flexible as I would like it to be. All fields should be available to select from for a custom report. Also it is not possible to change an item description after a sale has processed. Also, It is practically impossible to get a modification done.

Response from Traxia

Hey Tammy, thank you for your review! We are continually looking to expand our reports, if you would like to reach out and let us know more of what you're looking for in your reports we can make sure that if it's not possible, that we make it possible.

Bill B.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good software for volunteers

Reviewed on 7/08/2018

Our experience overall has been great. The reports are easy to run and the few that we've had to develop have worked well. Even though we use an external credit card processor, the interface with the software is easy to use.

Pros

Our staff is completely volunteer, with the preponderance what is considered "elderly". (I don't think of them/us that way, but chronologically, it's true.) They have used Simple Consign for over a year, now, and have become completely comfortable with it. Most volunteer only one day a week, so the ease of use is paramount.

Cons

We have a monthly sale by color the last 4 days of the month we're open, and the color goes for a single price - there is no way in the software to automate this - it allows for only percentage discounts. With the confounding factors of age and infrequency of occurrence, this has really been our only problem that has not been fixed immediately with the support staff.

Response from Traxia

Bill, thanks for your great review! We really appreciate you taking time to let others know about SimpleConsign. Tech Support also looks at our reviews and keeps notes of customer requests. We love feedback from our wonderful users!

Catt T.

Perfect for Small Businesses or First Timers

Reviewed on 21/02/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We are a small family run Artisan Gallery & Consignment Store, we had been looking at all types of POS systems for our business. We had looked at at least 10 different systems until we finally found SimpleConsign. When we looked into it, not only were they reasonably priced since we were just starting out we didn't have a huge budget and had all of the features we could ever need plus a few more we have found ourselves using. On top of detailed sales tracking and inventory, you can integrate with QuickBooks, you can get all types of reports for taxes, market research, and quite a few we haven't even tried yet. The customer service is STELLAR, very friendly, always ready and willing to answer any question we might have, from the tiny ones about what a button does to technical problems. The system is web based, so we don't ever have to worry loosing our information because most of it is stored in the cloud, so if your power goes out more than likely you won't lose your work, in my experience. I would recommend this POS system to anybody.

Pros

Stellar customer service, easy to use, reasonable price, compatibility, lots of features.

Cons

Could be confusing at times, but customer service is always willing to help.

Brett S.

A Simpler Point-of-Sale for Consignment and Resale Businesses

Reviewed on 22/01/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We switched from a major POS after four years and have been pleased with the decision. The software does what is advertised, and support is responsive and friendly. We've already recommended this software to other resale shops.

Pros

Product is straight forward; setup and training has been easier than compared to competitor product. It has 'just what we need' for a smaller-scale resale business with one location and no full-time back office staff. Converting from the competitor was made easy by the tech staff who are friendly and knowledgeable. Tech has been responsive to support tickets, and their ticked system allows you to specify the urgency. The data connection to Quickbooks works well but is limited to payouts. Online videos and a good user manual are easily available for training and reference. Cloud-based data and Software as a Service means reduced technology demands on small business.

Cons

Because tag styles are tied to product categories, we are unable to easily print two tag types for jewelry (one for display to customer, one for butterfly tag on merchandise.) The online manual is great for 90% of needs; not all features are fully documented, especially for users who like to know the boundaries of what a product can do. Cloud-based does rely on a steady internet connection; this is not a major obstacle in 2018, and the benefits of hosting outweigh the challenges of storing the data in the local store.

Lisa R.

SimpleConsign

Reviewed on 31/08/2018

SimpleConsign has been a great platform for us - our employees were able to learn it quickly and easily. I love the ease of using store credit for payout and the reward points system. Our consignors love being able to access their information online. Very happy with the software and the support team!

Pros

Very easy to use. Clear headings, options, buttons, etc. Straight forward/common sense format. Love the online consignor access.

Cons

Reporting still needs some improvement. Difficult to get the reporting we need. Layaway edits or cancellations/how to forfeit a payment. Would love an etransfer payout option. Ability to customize the cash count so we can remove pennies.

Response from Traxia

Lisa, thanks so much for taking the time to give a review. We really appreciate it. Please give Tech Support a call. They would be happy to put together specific reports for you and give you advice on layaways. We love our Canadian customers too and want to do as much as possible for you, eh?

Jennifer O.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

We love Simple Consign!

Reviewed on 14/03/2019

The biggest benefit is the amazing customer service department. They make any problem disappear immediately and are super responsive.

Pros

This software so user friendly and easy to access from anywhere! It has made my business so much easier to do. The support you receive from the customer service department is like no other! It was even easy to open a second location, because you can share inventory between the two sites.

Cons

I love everything about it! Honestly there are no cons.

Response from Traxia

Oh my goodness Jennifer. Thanks for such a phenomenal review! We are thrilled your experience with SimpleConsign has been so incredibly positive and that you took the time to share it! Thanks. We're so happy to have you on Team Traxia!

Linda K.
Industry: Sporting Goods

Simple

Reviewed on 23/11/2018

Before Simple Consign we used access and created our own system. This is a more complete system and gives you comprehensive information about your business.

Pros

Ease of use of the software, that it is internet based, accessible no matter where I am, and customer support.

Cons

I think the reports could be more robust. I would like to be able to run reports that compare complete financials from year to year, not just the monthly brief comparison. Same for items sold by category.

Response from Traxia

Hi Linda! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for SimpleConsign. We really appreciate it. So happy to hear we're meeting the needs of Repeat Riding Gear. Contact Tech Support to help you with those reports. They'll be glad to set up custom reports for you. Thanks again!

Karin S.

Switched to Traxia in my 2nd year of business & was one of the best decisions ever made for the shop

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Pros

I appreciate that I can track very easily the sales history of customers and conisgnors. I feel I have a better knowlege of what is selling for us and at what price. Our pricing has become more consistent and our sales have increased. Its kept my store much more organized and I feel way more in control of my numbers and inventory. My accountant loves the reports. I also appreciated the training in the early days and that my staff was able to log in and train alongside other Traxia users. It made conversion so much easier. Traxia support staff go above and beyond and I feel listened to and not "mansplained" to.

Lee K.
Industry: Retail

Great software system for consignments

Reviewed on 6/11/2018

The company support their product well and questions were attended to quickly.

Pros

Simple Consign is a reasonable intuitive software make me more confident in working with our consignment jewelry business. After a month or so of use, I now believe that our consignment business has few questions and errors. That is worth the money for me!

Cons

Some start up confusion occurred which made me question the choice, time and money spent.

Response from Traxia

Hi Lee, thanks for taking the time to leave a review for SimpleConsign. We appreciate it. Sorry you had issues at your startup, but so glad we were able to work through them. We're very happy to hear that using SimpleConsign has given you greater confidence in your business. Thanks again!

Angel F.

Great Company with Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 27/01/2017

We have been using SimpleConsign for about five years. We absolutely love them. They few problems we have had, have been fixed with the utmost professionalism. This is a family orientated business, who hasn't forgotten that even small businesses deserve respect and appreciation. We love these guys!

Pros

Cons

Does not reset dashboard screen at end of year. Would like to see fiscal numbers, rather than a running total.

Sandra C.

POS Review

Reviewed on 7/08/2018

Honestly, I still haven’t fully utilized all of the features of this software. But at this point I’m mostly pleased with how I’m able to keep track of my consignors and their items.

Pros

It is easy to learn and did not require a lot of brain damage.

Cons

Not MAC compatible, doesn’t automatically reduce split during grace period, store credit payout doesn’t breakdown the way I’d like it to, not user friendly for my web designer to connect to my webpage.

James W.

Simple Consign The Best Consignment Software

Reviewed on 17/09/2012

I would highly recommend this product for anyone that is looking for inventory software, cashier software, consignment software. This is a complete system for any business and the ease of use is simply incredible. Try if for yourself and you will not be disappointed, I can guarantee that.

Pros

This system is the easiest system that I have ever used. The features are incredible. You can just about configure any kind of inventory that you want to. The ease of use of Simple Consign is incredible. This is the best system for one reason and that is the system does so many complex things and it is so simple to use. The tech support in phenomenal. You call or email and usually within a couple of hours, literally, you receive a call with the support that you need. Dan in tech support is awesome, he can literally fix any problem with your system in very little time. If he does get stumped, he just keeps working and researching until he figures it out. A very dependable company with massive benefits for your company and your TIME. Customer service is fast, prompt and very attentive to your needs and understanding of their product.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons. I know that sounds contrite, but when you use Simple Consign and you use tech support or customer service you will see what I mean. This is really an incredible company.

Melanie S.
Company size: Self Employed

It's been very easy to use & the Customer Service is always helpful & easy to access

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Pros

SimpleConsign is great because I can use it at on any computer and my phone - so when I am on vacation, I can still access all the information about sales and inventory while my assistant is at the shop

Cons

Occasionially it is slow because the internet is slow, but that is very infrequent. I really don't have anything else bad to say about it.

Melissa P.

Brand new to owning a consignment business, simple consign made my start up amazingly stress free!

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

Pros

Extremely user friendly and is continuously making great updates. I am able to look up any report, at any time. Love the remote access from my software provider.

Cons

That I have to manually add up inventory donations for my end of year accounting purposes and the monthly fees don't automatically stop with an inactive account.

Cassandra H.
Company size: Self Employed

SimpleConsign is just that! Simple!

Reviewed on 7/08/2018

Pros

-User-friendly
-Easy to train others on
-Easily accessible reports and financials
-You can work the credit card processing fee right into your consigner split

Cons

I wish there was a total dollar amount off purchase button. There is a total % off but not dollar amount. You have to individually discount each item if you want to take a dollar amount off.

Response from Traxia

Thanks Cassandra for your wonderful review! We appreciate it. Thanks also for adding your suggestions. We always want to hear what's important to our customers.

Pamela R.

Checks the boxes!

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Although we've been in the industry for many years this is a new retail home decor and gift shop venture and we did a lot of research on many POS systems and this was hands down our best option. We are thrilled with our decision and the SimpleConsign Team, especially our rep has been amazing! She was knowledgeable, easy to work with, patient, responsive and just really, really great! You are VERY lucky to have her.

Pros

This software checked practically all of our boxes on functions that we needed and wanted. It's easy to use and has a lot of great features and options.

Cons

We do wish that consignors had the option to print out their labels from home. The cost was definitely the highest.

Response from Traxia

Hi Pamela, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We can't ask for more that 5 out of 5 stars and 10 out of 10 overall!
We agree with you about Cailin, our onboarding specialist.
We are lucky to have her and so are all of our new customers. So happy to have you on Team Traxia!

Joanne S.
Industry: Furniture

SimpleConsign Review

Reviewed on 19/03/2019

Overall transition from old system to new has been seamless .

Pros

User friendly, great support staff. If you call support they get back within a few minutes.

Cons

Having trouble with our POS system cc machine reading with program.

Response from Traxia

Joanne, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate it. We don't like hearing that you're having trouble with your credit card machine not matching up with SimpleConsign. We've got a number of integrated cc processors that would be happy to give you a quote. Contact them to see if they can match your rate!