4.7
4.9
Phillip M.

GREAT OPERATIONAL CONTROL PROGRAM

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Pros

- FULL INTERFACE WITH OUR POS
- EASY TO USE, RELIABLE REPORTS
- THEORETICAL VS ACTUAL REPORT ALLOWS TARGETED RESPONSES TO COSTING ISSUES
- PURCHASING CONTROL
- REDUCES LABOUR COST

Cons

MINOR ISSUES ONLY
- ALTHOUGH EASY TO USE, THE LEARNING CURVE REQUIRES A SIGNIFICANT TIME INVESTMENT
- OUR POS DOES NOT FULLY INTERACT WITH THE PROGRAM TO OUR SATISFACTION

Nicola M.

Consistently improving itself

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Pros

Ease of use - very intuitive
Customer service - quickest ever
Very detailed reports
Best value for money
Can integrate with multiple POS (virtually any if done manually )
Commissary Kitchen features
Cook book option

Cons

Not having a product for the front end (POS) otherwise, no Cons.

Erik D.

Attentive but flawed technology

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Pros

Accurate food costs. Ability to reconcile invoices. Ability to order through the software. Works throughout my company.

Cons

Software doesnt always import to quickbooks. It took forever to get our Sysco account to work properly. COGS report should have snapshot view.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Melissa M.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

One platform, so many functions

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

We have finally found a platform that meets all our needs, and the recipe costing feature syncing with our POS system is really worth it. So happy we chose MarketMan!

Pros

I am most happy that the price of an ingredient carries through all functions from ordering, receiving invoices and payment, recipe costing, and inventory. The accuracy of this data has been a huge time-saver for the restaurant group, and we have a better idea of how profitable we are day-to day.

Cons

Getting all the items and sub-recipes loaded into the system can be a bit time-consuming up front. Worth it in the end though.

Maria N.

5 stars Inventory App

Reviewed on 24/01/2020

Before MM my inventory was really bad and once I discover this app everything felt into pieces. Good training team, they answer all my questions really fast and scheduling a web training with them is really easy and fast.

Pros

Easy to use, placing order really fast with the phone app, best Inventory count system, best up to date inventory control (literally just a click away), time saving when it comes to invoicing (once the order is placed from MM, it's just a click away to transform it into an invoice), integrate with Quickbooks and Revel, cookbooks and multiple measurement units. The best customer service and the training team.

Cons

When integrating with my Revel system, if I change the name of an item, in MM it will appear as a new item and it's hard to follow older reports since the date is not consistent.

Industry: Hospitality

Our best tool to manager our food and beverage cost !

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

With MarketMan, we are able to monitor our Food and Beverage cost weekly to adapt our purchasing. It is also a great tool to negotiate best rates with our suppliers.

Pros

Easy to use and to understand for our team / Full of reports really useful / Making orders is easy and really flexible for our supplier / MarketMan Team is constantly listening and improving the software.

Cons

No way to manage internal transfer : transferring (in a simple way) a bottle of wine from our bar to our kitchen is impossible.
No acces of all our product on their mobile : would be really useful when speaking with a supplier outside of the restaurant

Nick P.

Petri's Pour House Review

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

With Marketman I can easily see what my estimated costs are and then what they actually are. Every penny counts in this industry and this helps raise (or lower) menu items.

Pros

Versatility, keeps track of everything, not just one supplier. Orders are a snap, and receiving them is easier still

Cons

I would like to have more access to the database. I have some reports that i would like to run, that are not available. Like checking certain menu items per percent of cost and then those that are above a certain percentage. Other than that program works great.

Gerard E.

Efficient cost control for the Entrepreneur

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Pros

MarketMan allows me to get food costs, pricing trends, even tax credits at the tip of my fingers and what's best is that it integrates with my Point of Sale and Accounting software so I don't even have to worry about those steps.

Cons

As with any other software, there are some limitations to what can be done, however, MarketMan team are ALWAYS there to support and provide a solution. Already I've recommended MarketMan to another colleague and it has changed the way he does business.

Ken W.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Although overall MarketMan has helped our business it has also been disappointing in its failures.

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

It has helped us reduce our cost of sale across both food & beverage and make our business more profitable. It allows us to monitor stock levels daily.

Pros

The fact that it is cloud based and is able to give us live results. The integration with iKentoo PoS and Xero (even though this has been problematic for months).

Cons

The very poor smartphone app - forces us to use laptops for stock counting etc. The poor response time to errors in the system - developers have taken months and to date issues are still not resolved.

Anil K.

Great software

Reviewed on 4/05/2019

This software is helping our business with all our orderings, track privious orders and keep record of your spending. On top of that, having all suppliers in one platform is very handy.

Pros

One platform to have all the suppliers together and easy to order/track your needs.

Cons

Nothing so far.

Andrew M.
Industry: Food & Beverages

User Friendly Inventory Management :)

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

This allowed us to more easily see price problems. We can now easily check margins on items, and get up to date pricing on all of our items. It has made our inventory process much less intimidating, both speeding up the process, and making us feel confident that our count was accurately costed.

Pros

After struggling to use other programs for months, I happily found Marketman. This is the only program I have found that is cloud based, really does speed up the inventory counting process, and is also very user friendly. We have multiple people that log in to our account to check prices and enter recipes, so it was important for it to be easy to access and navigate. It was also important for us to be able to enter in inventory while counting, and to potentially have multiple people do it at once. Finally I like the ease of downloading anything you need. Whether its an old invoice, inventory report, or any other report you can easily download and print anything you have entered.

Cons

The one thing I wish it had was conversions for recipe entering. Unless you have the same unit of measuring as it is received in, you will likely have to do some converting to type up your recipes. Cheftech allows you to enter in other units of measurement (ex 1 cup flour=4.5oz) so you can now type up recipes using cup measurements rather than all weights etc.

Industry: Restaurants

A good all around system

Reviewed on 28/04/2019

The integrated sales/inventory/ordering part of this system is greatly beneficial to our operation, allowing us to compare actual to theoretical costs. It also has greatly sped up the inventory taking/entering process, once the initial set up is done.

Pros

This system is very easy to use and navigate. I have been able to pick up the functions without "formal" training by Marketman. Ordering and invoice entry are easy and quickly accomplished. The iPad capability helps ordering from shelf to order. The inventory system is easy to use and calculates COGS as well as profitability. One of the best parts about this system is not the program, but the support that comes with it. Whenever I contact them about questions, they are either able to immediately respond or they get back to you within 24 hours.

Cons

The system works well, but when someone else has set it up, it can be difficult to find your way about the items in the program. It is also quite difficult to change UOM for items once they are set up and sometimes it is simply easier to make a new entry and delete the old one.

Edward P.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Overall functionality is fantastic really love the detail the system gives!

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

usage reports ! pricing reports! financials ! and overall quality control on what items come into our stores!

Pros

I love the ease of getting all my stores inline when it comes to the products i decided to bring. The amount of time and work it takes to make a change from one brand to another happens in minutes. I love that im notified daily when there are price dependencies! at the end of the day we should always what on prices we agree on Market Man really brings that into light with the irregular price feature.

Cons

The only thing i dont like is the desktop version of market man its really tough to make changes in terms on turning items on and off for orders if this feature was available through the app for administrators that would be great!

Rodney I.

Great product

Reviewed on 4/10/2019

Pros

Easy to organize daily operation, all orders are sent through Marketman. Easy to upload invoices. Cost food out as well able to keep up with price increase

Cons

Sometimes it freezes but had to do with our location

Joseph L.

Best bang for the buck

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

Pros

Marketman has a beautiful user interface with robust reporting that allows granular tracking at an item level. The support team has a very solid understanding of food costing which also makes using the program that much easier. Personally, I am a huge advocate of doing one thing and doing it right. Marketman Does inventory and food cost controlling extremely well.

Cons

It would be nice if integrations took a little less digging on the restaurant side. It would be very helpful if there was the ability for a restaurant to build a custom item level report similar to the Cost of Goods report in which we could put specific items i.e chicken and get a set ALL day/week/month usage.

Simon E.

MarketMan - Solving a gap in the market

Reviewed on 5/10/2018

We've used it for a couple of years now, due to operational issues we've put it down and picked back up again when we can, now we're focusing on it's full capability again and hope to keep the momentum.

Pros

It's pretty straightforward, there's some terminology that's confusing, but that's appropriate to the tasks in hand. It's pretty straightforward to use.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't do what I need it to do al the time, the iPad app is good, but lacks some of the important desktop functionality. Again, that's the beauty of an iPad though I having a quick function on tasks.

Ray G.
Industry: Food & Beverages

The new scanning inventory system is amazing. Saves hours of time

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Inventory control and menu management is key to our business and this software has created a key asset to our company

Pros

Inventory , based on orders make it easy to find issues with personnel stealing product. By having a system to scan invoices makes it much easier to keep inventory control

Cons

I can't find an issue with the system currently . that is because when I have a request it is usually filled

Mark B.

Elegantly designed software

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Pros

This is very elegant, easy to use software, and they are actively maintaining and improving it. Still behind other softwares in terms of 3rd party interfaces, but they seem to be actively working on upgrades. Service is outstanding.

Cons

They aspire to significantly raising the cost of the software, raising prices and charging for upgrades a la carte rather than adding value, so software may be more expensive than competitors.

Caleb O.

After using SAP for 4yrs, I came to use Marketman with a lean, effective & efficient functionality

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

Pros

Flexibility and accessibility being powered by online resources, actual vs theoretical is also very crucial in analyzing stocks. invoice scanning to receive, cookbook is also vibrant to use.

Cons

mobile App not having full functions, combining two or more items that are attached as menu items is not possible. I need the incoming orders printable with order numbers also,

Verena A.

Simply Smashing

Reviewed on 2/05/2019

We have managed to finding glaring gaps in our recipes and formula.

Pros

Over all the system lacks a clumsiness which is present on a lot of F and B programmes. It is easy to track inventory And the statistical representations are presented in many different ways (info graphics, excel ) etc. There is something for everyone’s brains to be able to digest!

Cons

I found building the inventory difficult and that there doesn’t seem to be an option to link more than one product to multiple suppliers.

Maria N.

Solved my Inventory Issues and easy to use

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Pros

It's saving me a lot of time and I don't have to use the excel sheet in order to make the Inventory, user friendly and no cost for extra users, I can place the orders form the system and that's saving me time when I actually have to insert the Invoices in the system, price change notification and credit notification.

Cons

I don 't like the fact that when I change something in my POS system, for example if I modify only the name of an item in Revel, MarketMan is creating me a new Item.

Jennifer F.

Marketman

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

Pros

The customer service team is amazing! They are always so responsive and also push for new features based on feedback! They really listen and I love working with team!

Cons

Sometimes there are little nuances you have to remember and duplicating things amongst multiple locations or items can be time consuming.

Eber C.
Industry: Retail

Great Product

Reviewed on 28/08/2018

Pros

Easy use, great when looking for past orders, invoices and inventory.

Cons

minor technical difficulties. but nothing that customer support couldn't fix

Edgar allan P.

Loading process

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

Overall satisfied user

Pros

Its very convinient and structural. Always updated and accurate

Cons

Loading process kinda slow and sometimes lag.

Juan pablo S.

It solved the problems I was having with stock control

Stock and recipe control

Pros

I liked that it is WebBased and I can access it where ever I am at. The ease of use is great and I have been recommending it. I am exited to see the new Menu feature.

Cons

I wish I could calculate the value of my stock at any given point in time. I also would like for the costs of goods sold would take into consideration the value of stock. The app functionalities should also be more broad.