4.7
4.8
Erik D.

Attentive but flawed technology

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Pros

Accurate food costs. Ability to reconcile invoices. Ability to order through the software. Works throughout my company.

Cons

Software doesnt always import to quickbooks. It took forever to get our Sysco account to work properly. COGS report should have snapshot view.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Bartho D.

Ordering Par Level

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

Good, would like to to integrate with Sage better and the interactive PAR levels as discussed previously.
The different stock UOM for the same product makes it pretty difficult to keep control and count.

Pros

Online capabilities. The system is great to set top and the stock control is really impressive

Cons

The PAR levels should be interactive and look at the usage trend to order a 7day, 10 day or 14 day stock holding.
We either over order or under order as seasons change.

Chris M.
Industry: Hospitality

MarketMan is a First in-class Inventory Management Software Program.

Reviewed on 3/12/2020

The customer service is excellent. MarketMan hires experts in both technology and customer success.

Pros

The on-boarding process with MarketMan is first class. They took several calls and demos to make sure they understood exactly what we needed to succeed. The training is extensive. It is a very intuitive system. Most importantly, the reporting features are easy to interpret and extremely detailed. The recipe building is a breeze and it enables the business to set food cost alerts on all menu items.

Cons

The one feature that we would like to see is the ability to enter purchasing budget dollar amounts and have them adjust as purchases are entered into the system.

Maria N.

5 stars Inventory App

Reviewed on 24/01/2020

Before MM my inventory was really bad and once I discover this app everything felt into pieces. Good training team, they answer all my questions really fast and scheduling a web training with them is really easy and fast.

Pros

Easy to use, placing order really fast with the phone app, best Inventory count system, best up to date inventory control (literally just a click away), time saving when it comes to invoicing (once the order is placed from MM, it's just a click away to transform it into an invoice), integrate with Quickbooks and Revel, cookbooks and multiple measurement units. The best customer service and the training team.

Cons

When integrating with my Revel system, if I change the name of an item, in MM it will appear as a new item and it's hard to follow older reports since the date is not consistent.

Ray G.
Industry: Food & Beverages

The new scanning inventory system is amazing. Saves hours of time

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Inventory control and menu management is key to our business and this software has created a key asset to our company

Pros

Inventory , based on orders make it easy to find issues with personnel stealing product. By having a system to scan invoices makes it much easier to keep inventory control

Cons

I can't find an issue with the system currently . that is because when I have a request it is usually filled

Gerard E.

Efficient cost control for the Entrepreneur

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Pros

MarketMan allows me to get food costs, pricing trends, even tax credits at the tip of my fingers and what's best is that it integrates with my Point of Sale and Accounting software so I don't even have to worry about those steps.

Cons

As with any other software, there are some limitations to what can be done, however, MarketMan team are ALWAYS there to support and provide a solution. Already I've recommended MarketMan to another colleague and it has changed the way he does business.

Anil K.

Great software

Reviewed on 4/05/2019

This software is helping our business with all our orderings, track privious orders and keep record of your spending. On top of that, having all suppliers in one platform is very handy.

Pros

One platform to have all the suppliers together and easy to order/track your needs.

Cons

Nothing so far.

Juan pablo S.

It solved the problems I was having with stock control

Stock and recipe control

Pros

I liked that it is WebBased and I can access it where ever I am at. The ease of use is great and I have been recommending it. I am exited to see the new Menu feature.

Cons

I wish I could calculate the value of my stock at any given point in time. I also would like for the costs of goods sold would take into consideration the value of stock. The app functionalities should also be more broad.

Marc F.

Easy to learn software

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Very happy.

Pros

It’s easy to use interface, and friendly customer service.

Cons

Can become clunky when trying to fix reports

Thibault S.

Great system,

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Pros

You can do a lot of different report. This system is always in changing, they're improving every week the functionnality.

Cons

The translation in French, but they're doing better and better.
Sometime the export of the report in excel doesn't work. They need to fix it.

Paolo V.

from FnB to Marketman - Great System

Reviewed on 5/10/2018

I haven't had the chance to use marketman to the full potential, and I am pretty sure that the little issues I might have encountered are caused by my lack of understanding fully yhr system yet. But as a first impression it seems like a great system with lots of functinality and fairly easy to use. Way better than the old school software like FnB or Comtrex

Pros

The flexibility and the speed of use of the software. It's fairly intuitive even though you need some training here and there to fully understand the system.

Cons

Some functionalities are not as intuitive or easy, such as managing and linking categories from the till system to products on marketman

Industry: Hospitality

Simple, easy to use and it works!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 23/04/2019

We now have a great handle on our inventory and ordering process. The fact that we don't really think about this anymore is testament to how well the system works.

Pros

Have used a number of similar systems in my time, MarketMan is the simplest and easiest to use. Very instinctive and efficient.

Cons

Very little, nothing to dislike really but would suggest more customisable reports and graphs.

Joseph O.

Ease of use has done wonders for my team

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

Various Report
Combining of items
Iphone App is great
Helps Flow of items in our park

Cons

Software sometimes updates without notice.
Some of the reports are very abstract.
Can't see incoming orders through app.

Salvador G.

Rating only

Reviewed on 11/04/2018
Melissa M.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

One platform, so many functions

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

We have finally found a platform that meets all our needs, and the recipe costing feature syncing with our POS system is really worth it. So happy we chose MarketMan!

Pros

I am most happy that the price of an ingredient carries through all functions from ordering, receiving invoices and payment, recipe costing, and inventory. The accuracy of this data has been a huge time-saver for the restaurant group, and we have a better idea of how profitable we are day-to day.

Cons

Getting all the items and sub-recipes loaded into the system can be a bit time-consuming up front. Worth it in the end though.

Andrew M.
Industry: Food & Beverages

User Friendly Inventory Management :)

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

This allowed us to more easily see price problems. We can now easily check margins on items, and get up to date pricing on all of our items. It has made our inventory process much less intimidating, both speeding up the process, and making us feel confident that our count was accurately costed.

Pros

After struggling to use other programs for months, I happily found Marketman. This is the only program I have found that is cloud based, really does speed up the inventory counting process, and is also very user friendly. We have multiple people that log in to our account to check prices and enter recipes, so it was important for it to be easy to access and navigate. It was also important for us to be able to enter in inventory while counting, and to potentially have multiple people do it at once. Finally I like the ease of downloading anything you need. Whether its an old invoice, inventory report, or any other report you can easily download and print anything you have entered.

Cons

The one thing I wish it had was conversions for recipe entering. Unless you have the same unit of measuring as it is received in, you will likely have to do some converting to type up your recipes. Cheftech allows you to enter in other units of measurement (ex 1 cup flour=4.5oz) so you can now type up recipes using cup measurements rather than all weights etc.

Caleb O.

After using SAP for 4yrs, I came to use Marketman with a lean, effective & efficient functionality

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

Pros

Flexibility and accessibility being powered by online resources, actual vs theoretical is also very crucial in analyzing stocks. invoice scanning to receive, cookbook is also vibrant to use.

Cons

mobile App not having full functions, combining two or more items that are attached as menu items is not possible. I need the incoming orders printable with order numbers also,

Luke V.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Overall a great program for keeping track of inventory.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Ease of counting and keeping track of all our inventory.

Pros

The simplicity of it. I think its really self explanatory and if you just keep using the program itself you will have a hang of it in no time.

Cons

Some times it doesnt always link with our POS system and it doesn't display our sales so it throws our usage of cups way off.

Patricia S.

Outstanding platform

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Very easy to use, needs a lot of work to set up but you would have that with any software
Once set up as long as it’s used correctly it will give you loads of information

Pros

Easy to use, lots of information that can been drawn from it regarding profitability of dishes
Stock valuation is now so easy
Saves a massive amount of time

Cons

I don’t think there is anything bad about the software

John L.
Industry: Food Production

Marketman Review

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Pros

It's been a great addition to our costing process within our company. We are finally able to see our theoretically vs actual food cost across multiple sales channels down to the penny! This insight helps us make strategic decisions within our business.

Cons

The software is very granular and can take a while to set up, but the time invested is worth it 100x over.

Zac P.
Industry: Restaurants

MarketMan has helped us save both money and time.

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

Time and money saving

Pros

I like the ability to compare prices per unit and track our inventory. I've also been very impressed by the customer service. The customer representative has been very helpful and proactive about showing us how to get the most from MarketMan.

Cons

There is a learning curve, but our representative has done a lot to show us how to get the most out of MarketMan.

David S.

Highly recommended for small/ medium size restaurant chains

Reviewed on 24/12/2014

Pros: ease of use, mobile app for supply ordering and inventory counts, BOM + POS integration works flawlessly.
Cons: sending faxes to suppliers cost 15 cents per fax

Rocco Z.

Marketman Review

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

great [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was wonderful, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great also

Pros

set up was easy, the support was good and great follow thru

Cons

when you first set up. you should have more dialog with the company on how they would like to see items listed. i had a lot double redoing the original set up very time consuming .

i like the credit function but i don't understand why if the price drops it shows as a credit

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Brandon K.
Industry: Restaurants

Wow! Saves me a ton of time!

Reviewed on 3/12/2020

Pros

Automated invoice capturing, automated inventory price updates, vendor integrations, shelf to sheet order guides and inventoring, restaurant essential reporting features, Quickbooks integration, customer service is excellent.

Cons

It takes awhile to set up, but all software in this category does.

Nicola M.

Consistently improving itself

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Pros

Ease of use - very intuitive
Customer service - quickest ever
Very detailed reports
Best value for money
Can integrate with multiple POS (virtually any if done manually )
Commissary Kitchen features
Cook book option

Cons

Not having a product for the front end (POS) otherwise, no Cons.