DentiMax

Online & On-Premise Dental software & digital sensors

4.6 /5 (105 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.5
Mark M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great potential, great first impression, poor execution

Reviewed on 22/04/2014

Pros

They have very responsive support and training staff. The detailed product help files that are packaged with the product are full of very useful information. There are lots of training materials online. Compared to the competition, it's probably the most user-friendly interface. It doesn't require expensive hardware run.

Cons

It's not designed for modern small office networks with domain security. DentiMax requires all users that work with DentiMax to have administrative rights to the PC the software is on. This opens the PC and the network it's on to security breaches since everyone can access everyone else's files on the PC.

It performs poorly compared to competitors. The response time is around 3-5 seconds for Patient record retrieval on a 1 Gbps network and high powered servers. This happens for most clicks on the screen when checking a patient in. It makes conducting business on a busy day very frustrating.

There are numerous little issues such as the mouse cursor not changing to an hour glass to let you know it's thinking. You keep clicking again and again, wondering if the software is stuck. This eventually causes a problem where support has to go to the DentiMax server and clean up "dead" connections.

Closing the program causes a bunch of error messages to appear on screen that you must close individually or kill using the task manager. This happens 98% of the time you close the program. DentiMax is aware of the issue but appears unable to fix it, even after being aware of it for over six months.

The DentiMax feature to force users to change their passwords does not work, and support hasn't been able to figure out why either.

DentiMax imaging allows any user with access to a DentiMax PC - even with the lowest access rights - to reach directly to the server the images are on and delete those images - even all of them, everything at once. They can't see the images, but they can delete them all. Imaging is not client-server software. There is no server keeping everything safe, and the software requires users to have local administrator access to the image storage folder to work. I luckily I had backups when some images where inadvertently deleted.

Their document imaging system doesn't work well in Windows 7. It works well with Windows XP. Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft. Again, we had to call support to help them make things more stable for us.

The online help for DentiMax is great. The report designer is a third-party product DentiMax purchased. The online help tells you to get the user guide for the reporting tool from the install CD, but there is no documentation on the install CD.

David E.

OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SUPPORT^

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

For the money, or any amount of money for that matter, this software provides everything I could possibly need, and then some. ABSOLUTELY get a trial program, I think you will be impressed. Don't let the low price keep you away-it is a powerful tool.

Pros

They have thought of everything necessary in a dental software program. As a pre-computer person, still find the basic functions easy to use, very intuitive. On the two occasions that I've needed support, they have been very prompt, the most recent session with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was especially great. The phone was answered immediately, and she guided me through the issue. On another occasion, when it was anticipated that there might be a wait, they advised me to e-mail a complete list of my issues and arranged a dedicated time so everything could be taken care of at the least inconvenience to me.

Cons

Truly no issues with the program. Any problems I've had were strictly due to my shortcomings as a computer illiterate.

April W.

Love my Dentimax

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

I have used Dentimax software for 8 years and wouldn't use anything else. I love how easy it is to use. The latest upgrade did have some glitches, some of which we are still working with Dentimax support to figure out. One of these glitches I consider an important issue that must be fixed, but I'm still keeping it and have had a good experience overall working through it.

Pros

Dentimax has all the features of much more expensive practice management systems, very user friendly and doesn't have the constant fees for upgrades and maintenance. It's good value for the money and the sales and support staff have always been very helpful.

Cons

It's not as widely known with staff as software like Eaglesoft or Dentrix so there's always training for new staff. But it's easy!

Response from DentiMax Dental Software

Thanks for the great review Dr. Westfall! DentiMax Loves you too!
I'm not sure what the issue is that you are still encountering, but I will follow up with the support team and we will get in touch with you soon.
Thanks again!

Whitney V.

DentiMax

Reviewed on 29/07/2018

Pros

The best customer service, although wait times on the phone can be long. But e-mails and phone calls are always returned. The program is pretty user friendly and has many features.

Cons

It would be nice to search patients via cell phone number, not just the home phone. The ledger can be confusing the way it distributes payments and adjustments - makes for a very complicated print out for pts to take home.

Response from DentiMax Dental Software

Whitney,
Thank you so much for the review! I can appreciate your feedback about customer service. We will be upgrading our phone system soon to direct people to the most appropriate extensions when they call, as well as hold your place in line for a call back. We are very excited to have a new system to better serve our customers. In the meantime, you are always welcome to email [email protected], and simply request a call back instead of waiting in line, or use our new DentiMax chat tool on our website, www.dentimax.com!

You can in fact search for your patient via cell number, and we can show you how to use the customize filter option on the screen. I will have training reach out to you about this asap.
As far as payments and adjustments go, where the money from the patient or insurance gets distributed to is totally in your hands. The ledger is designed to work like an EOB that the office and the patient would receive from insurance. Training can help with this too!

Kelsey N.

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Great Product.

Pros

Maneuvering around from screen to screen is so easy, can pull up whatever I need immediately. Easy to learn

Cons

Add a pharmacy line in patient information screen. Have a place on information screen if pt do not want to receive a text msg.

Response from Alicia

Thanks Kelsey! We are so glad you are enjoying the system! The GREAT news is that you can add a pharmacy to the patient info… Go to the “Extra” tab, and right click on the word “extra 1” & rename it “Pharmacy”. All of the extra fields in that screen can be customized to suite your needs. Also, you can exclude patients from texting by right clicking on the text message icon next to their phone number & select “exclude from texting”. I hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions: [email protected]

Thanks again,

Brittney W.

Dentimax is best by far! Easy to learn and offers awsome functions.

Reviewed on 20/09/2017

The number one benefit was combinding our two dental programs into one. I no longer have to toggle between two separate offices with two separate schedules. I can view everything on one screen.

Pros

My office runs much smoother now that we have a high quality dental software program. The design of the software is easy to understand and manoover through. I love putting in bulk payments. The ledger is so easy to read. Adding new patients is a piece of cake. Switching someone's insurance takes seconds. As an office manager it's important to trust your software. We rely on it to calculate balances, generate reports, and schedule our patients. I trust Dentimax. And when I have a problem I trust the people that help make Dentimax. Everyone is so friendly and eager to help.

Cons

What do I like least.......that is a tough one. I'd like to be able to edit our reports in a little easier fashion.

Johnny K.

Dentimax review

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Good customer support and accessibility is good.

Pros

Platform looks good and can run reports easily

Cons

Software is glitchy. There are little things that can be improved so less mistakes are done by users.

Response from DentiMax Dental Software

Thanks for the review Dr. Koo! We would love to hear the ideas you have on how to reduce staff mistakes. I do know that you still have some training time left, so perhaps we should setup another training session for you and the staff. Also, we can see what items you are encountering that appear glitchy, some of which could be addressed within your internal network; I'll have our team reach out to you for help!

Marie M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Dentimax has made my job easier

Reviewed on 15/06/2017

Pros

I enjoy Everything this software has to offer! Were can you get an amazing value with such customization of use from a product, DENTIMAX.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about this product. The quality and ease is exceptional. I have used another BIG name software out there, and thought they were really good until I started using DENTIMAX!

Kent S.

Reviewed on 22/05/2013

I made the move to DentiMax when my old program had become very unstable and the their support department was unable to help me in stabilizing my system; we were constantly doing "rebuilds" which were annoying and expensive!

DentiMax was an easily affordable alternative for me, as I wasn't very excited to pay what it normally cost for a reputable practice management system that I could rely on to convert my data. DentiMax put me at ease and converted my data without much trouble. The price was nice, and the cost was a fraction of what it would have been if I had updated my old software.

My staff was pleasantly surprised to see how much quicker they were able to chart existing restorations and new treatment in the back. My front office was impressed with the scheduler and the customizable reports they were able to create that gave them the exact information they were looking for from the software.

I have also appreciated the open nature of DentiMax. I don't have to use their intraoral camera or their imaging software or their digital sensor or their anything! Dentimax will help me incorporate my peripheral equipment, rather than block those things out and force me to buy their own approved and overpriced proprietary devices.

I would definitely recommend this software to anyone who is ready to regain control over their practice management software situation, become a little more free from their dental supplier, and the dictates of their software company. It is very intuitive and easy to use. I just don't have anything bad to say about it!

Anita B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Dentimax practice management and clinical software

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

Pros

User friendly, help at your fingertips: I love watching the U tube videos. Excellent clinical applications that integrate well with dentimax imaging. The practice management modules are excellent as well, allow for billing, and all financial reports needed to track productivity and revenue.

Meg D.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Dentimax is a true partner for our dental practice.

Reviewed on 16/06/2017

Dentimax is a great investment at a competitive price!

Pros

The system upgrade was smooth and on site training was spectacular. There are many features that allow efficiency in your practice.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be negatives, because support is there to help. Everything is streamlined resulting in a positive outcome.

Christopher L.

Three years and DentiMax has performed well. A few minor glitches, but all workable.

Reviewed on 11/05/2018

Pros

Costs, very reasonable and even more so when compared to the big house suppliers. When is have issues, I get help quickly from technical support.

Cons

Sometimes opening the same patient on multiple workstations does not flow well. Not a big issue, but a little aggravating.

David S.

Easy to USe

Reviewed on 25/09/2017

Pros

How easy it is to implement and start using and the ability to integrate both imaging, PM and clinical

Cons

The database it uses is not a mainstream software, while their staff is experienced in it's use it is hard to get outside assistance.

James B.

Worst consumer service!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017

Pros

Allows customization of notes and clinical notes and charting is clear.

Cons

Technicians are condescending, rude and unhelpful.

Response from Alicia

Hi James, While I am so glad that you are enjoying the custimization and function of the charting screen, I would like to discuss your support experience and get some more information from you so we can deliver the customer service that you deserve. Customer service is very important to us and we want to prove it to you! We pride ourselves on being open, easy, and accesible to everyone, and I apologize if that was not your experience.
Please contact me directly so that I can get you taken care of at 800-704-8494 x207.
Sincerely, Alicia.

David E.

Ten years+ with Dentimax and still a happy user.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

If considering this software, I suggest you get the DEMO disk, as I did more than ten years ago. At the low pricepoint I was somewhat skeptical as to how good it could really be. Well after perviewing the DEMO I purchased the program and have not looked back. It does everything I need and more. I was an early EASY DENTAL user, and just got tired of the spiralling support costs. I also used TDOCS which was a very good program, but looked at the Dentimax Demo, and at the price decided to go for it. Like all good, well supported software companies, Dentimax has continued to improve their product. They are listening to the users! And speaking of support, the support I have received has always been prompt, courteous and they work with you until the issue is addressed and fixed, not that there have been very many. I recently upgraded to the latest version and they were great to transfer data, install the system, and included a thirty day free support should any issues arise. I know I gave across the board 5 Stars, but I have been that satisfied.

Regina T.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

System ALWAYS down, Customer service/support is TERRIBLE...

Reviewed on 14/02/2018

our office would NOT recommend this software.

Cons

Our system is ALWAYS down, we wait for 45 mins to an hour before we can even get anyone on the phone, so we end up having our patients waiting or have to end up rescheduling them.

Response from Alicia

Hello Regina,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand that our tech support team has already been in contact with you promptly, to help trouble shoot what is going on with your in-house server. We will be happy to connect with your IT person as well to work to get the issue resolved.

We take as much time as needed on the phone with each client, and so cannot anticipate the hold times, (which will be dependent upon the circumstance of why the client is calling) but in an urgent situation, you may always email [email protected] for an immediate response, and a prompt phone call back if ever you cannot log in to DentiMax, even if it is your server issue, we will be happy to help identify that for you.

Meredith G.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Excellent customer service and support team with quality software!

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

I have found the dentimax team to be very helpful in setting my office up for success. They have attentively answered all of my questions, even when I have been annoying or slow to understand! I appreciate that level of customer service because it is so rare.

Pros

Ease of use. Gives us everything we need to make appointments and keep patient info organized as well as draw up billing statements.

Cons

Wish there were a way to more easily attach x-rays from non-Dentimax software and to attach referral letters to patient info.

Joann C.

Dentimax X-ray and Sensors

Reviewed on 12/06/2014

Pros

Dentimax x-ray works seamlessly with Denitmax Practice Management software. Patient information is automatically sent to positively identify each patient: no more hoping that birthdates and other identifiers are entered by the staff. The sensors are designed for ease of use as well as comfort for the patient. Importing images is simple, and the software works with other peripherals as well. There's no need to get new equipment or sensors; what you have will work great.

Cons

There are problems using the front USB connections on HP computers that can make connection difficult. The back USB connections work fine.

Vicki M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Fabulous product and supporting staff

Reviewed on 24/04/2014

Pros

The DentiMax software serves our practice well. It is solid and stable. The software allows us to create our own reports. This made our transition from paper to computer very comfortable. I know if our practice needs change, we can always have DentiMax write a new report template for us. We have been using this software for many years and are very satisfied.

Cons

Nothing. I am very satisfied with this product and its staff.

Kim T.

Enlighting

Reviewed on 10/02/2015

Pros

Good program and easy to talk to people at company.

Cons

The handbook is very confusing and hard to use and understand.

Response from Alicia

Thank you so much for your feedback. The training manual is a book that gets shipped with the software disks, whereas the training guide you received is designed to answer basic “how to” questions to get you started as a new user in working with DentiMax. The training guide is currently under edit due to the program enhancements made we would like it to reflect the ease of the flow through the program. We will be happy to contact you once it is completed to issue you an updated copy. There is a table of contents in the front of the guide that will point you to the page for the lesson you are searching for in the interim. We are here to assist with any future needs you may have as well!

Austin C.

Seems great

Reviewed on 14/11/2016

I just did a walk through of the software with a rep and it seems very streamlined and easy to use.

Pros

Detailed accounting for the front desk and simplified tx planning for me and my assistants.

Cons

I don't know. I haven't used the software in my office

Scott B.

Reviewed on 16/05/2013

We have been using Dentimax for several years now in our dental practice, and are very pleased with the software. It was a very big decision for us to change software, since we are a small practice and have limited time to incorporate major changes to the office. The software is user friendly and offers many features. The online appointment scheduler is awesome. We recently upgraded to the 2013 version of Dentimax which was a smooth transition. Dentimax customer support is prompt and efficient. We highly recommend Dentimax Dental Software.

Daniel D.

very good experience with dentimax system

Reviewed on 9/03/2016

I have had a very positive result with dentimax software. Dentimax has helped my practice greatly. The support help at dentimax is awesome and they are always willing to help in any way they can. Customer rep is a great instructor in all aspects of the software for me.Rep has also been a great help. I would recommend dentimax without reserve to anyone interested. The only con is me because I need to learn more about the system.

Joann C.

This EHR certified software is easy to use and get up to speed.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016

The scheduling section of the program is very powerful allowing the user to customize it to the preferences of the practice. It interfaces easily with NEA and e claim clearinghouses. The cost for the software is easy on the budget and gives you more bang for your buck than any other software we have looked at. Its the best software value out there!

Monique L.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Dentimax is not very user friendly but if you are working on a budget it might be one to...

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Pros

The Home page has multiple icons which allows you to navigate the system with ease. There is a help icon on the pages that allows you to get instructions on how to do a task which is helpful. Compared to other softwares , the price is affordable and reasonable. The kiosk is a great feature but it never worked properly.

Cons

The software constantly freezes, customer service does not know why and they blame it on Windows updates. The kiosk never worked so I cancelled it. The treatment planning page and dental charting page has too many out of dated terminology and needs updating while the whole system could be more simple and has too many steps to complete. If you need to resubmit a claim you have to start over from scratch which it time consuming when you should be able to revise the original and resend it. Adding patients information is not user friendly either when having to input but from the kiosk, when it was working, it was a breeze. When ever you need customer service there is always a long wait, plus they want you to pay extra money for help.

Response from Alicia

Hi Monique,

Thank you, I understand support had worked with you at length and found that your internet was needing to be upgraded. Wifi, while convenient, does not always provide a stable connection for data transfer, and the internet specs you had at the time of your call did not meet our required specs.

1) Terminology: updated annually with the latest CDT codes, and is also customizable by the user. Our system offers 2 click charting, making it incredibly fast. Here is a training video for reference: https://youtu.be/E_3fzNG5z9Q?t=1591

2) Claim resubmission: all you need to do is open the claim you had previously submitted that says “billed” and change the status back to “ready to bill”.

3) New Patients: you must enter the same basic info such as name/address/dob, etc, any software would require.

4) Support: we do not require you to have a separate support contract for assistance on that item. We have high call volumes at different times of day, just as any company doing phone support, but Customer Support is available via phone, email, and web chat as well.

Please let us know if you would like additional assistance in training.