Best-in-class Cloud ERP for Finance

4.1/5
4.0/5

308 Software options

Michael P.

Its an average accounting system

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

My overall experience with Intacct is overall positive. Intacct does save me significant time and effort in my everyday tasks compared with our older software. i do feel it could be improved upon further to make it a better product.

Pros

I like the fact that it is browser based through the cloud which makes access quick and easy. The modules that I use the most work very well such as Accounts Payable and Time and Expense. The General Ledger reporting function is very helpful and easy to use as well.

Cons

There are a few modules such as Prepaids, Fixed assets and Purchasing that we had purchased after the initial implementation of intacct that did not work very well initially. There were many work arounds and technical problems that created alot of unneeded headaches and work. Fortunately this has been fixed now for the most part and works well.

Another issue I have is the support community that I put support tickets in when I need some help. They don't seem to know the product very well and often the solutions and advice I receive is partially right or wrong altogether. There have been instances where I have just figured it the problem myself through reading articles or experimenting with settings etc.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Michael,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that the AP and T&E modules are working well for you. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Eric N.
  • Industry: Insurance

Sage Intacct Personal obervation

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

On our case, we focus on developing core business side then integrate with Intacct via web-service, and this have been successfully, because all side of reporting, financials, UPR, etc, is managed by Sage Intacct.

Pros

1. Sage Intacct allows access anytime and anywhere (home, office, coffee shop)
2. Sage Intacct has login are very secured with different levels.
3. Sage Intacct provide financial information on detailed level by using dimensions which allows decision makers to relay on realistic information.
4. Sage Intacct is easy to use, it doesn't requires advances financial training.

Cons

1. Extracting volume data in most of time is an issue, especially Journals.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Eric,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Bruno S.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Sage software - an intuitive management solution

Reviewed on 3/04/2021

Sage Intacct helps my company to grow, so I am very glad to use this software.

Pros

Sage really helps my business to grow! The features are very easy and intuitive. Inventory management is amazing for companies that really need high inventory management, so is possible to track products and know where they are in real time.

Cons

The only cons that can be spotted are the price of the plans. It could be a nice idea to reduce the prices for new companies or small-one, so more people can afford these amazing solutions.

Joseph C.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great and attentive customer service. Very accommodating with our customization and concerns.

Reviewed on 7/05/2018

Pros

I like the flexibility and ease of the software. It is overall simple to correct errors. I enjoy the import features for invoices and journal entries. Saves a lot of time and is user friendly, even for less experiences computer users.

Cons

The restrictions of some features and functions. I feel like the functionality is more designed by computer programmers than by actual day to day users. For example, if you are trying to create a custom report, vendor ID is stored one way when entering invoices, and another way when entering journal entries. Customer service suggested to me that I enter the vendor ID in 2 different fields (I believe Vendor_ID and APBillItem_VendorID) for all invoice imports so that I can use 1 f. This is redundant and frustrating. Also for example, you can set invoices to "warn" you if duplicate invoice numbers when manually entering, but if you are using the import feature, it will just crash. You have to de-select the "warn" option, upload the file, and then turn the "warn" function back on. This is not practical. There should be some type of override function for intentional duplicate invoice #s.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Joseph,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and flexible. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Louis M.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

My organization has been using since October 2016 for AP, AR, Purchasing, and fund management.

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

By being able to automate our financial activity we have increased the amount of information available to key decision makers for more informed decisions. The amount of time it takes for us to process purchasing transactions has decreased by a dramatic amount of time .

Pros

We transitioned from a manual recordkeeping system to this electronic accounting system. This means all of our transactions are available to be reviewed at any time from anywhere. Reports are available instantaneously reflecting the latest transactions. Transactional history to review activity from creation to being posted to the GL is tremendous and helpful. The software offers many more versions of reports than was available with our prior legacy system.

Cons

One of the most difficult items with this system is that user restrictions prevent Custom Reports from being accessible to 75% of our users. The report writing tools would benefit from an overhaul to allow merging of multiple data tables and more customization of the report appearance. Also there are so many aspects affected by creating a GL Account that there is a steep learning curve in understanding where to efficiently generate new records.

Nora D.
  • Industry: Accounting

Intacct is relatively easy to use, simple interface, multi-entity flexibility. Overall good...

Reviewed on 7/05/2018

We transitioned from Quickbooks to Intacct because of its abiilty to handle multi-entity and inter-company transactions. This saves us hours of work each month.

Pros

The way it handles multi-entity and inter-company transactions. Simple user interface. Easy to navigate and correct entries. Great JE upload feature.

Cons

Report writer is a bit too complicated for someone not well versed in report writers. Would be great if it worked more like a pivot table.
My biggest complaint is not being able to transact in the subledger directly to a bank account.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Nora,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use for multi-entity and inter-company transactions. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Amanda G.
  • Industry: Accounting

Intacct is very user friendly and you can use it in creative ways

Reviewed on 1/05/2018

Monthly close process is completed faster with intacct. It allows us to process and approve AP seamlessly, saving us time and money by outsourcing it to Intacct. Can use the software in creative ways, not just as bookkeeping.

Pros

Intacct makes my job so much easier. It is easy to use and is very intuitive. The software can be used in creative ways and not just as standard bookkeeping software. It integrates easily with other softwares so you can link everything together. Overall it saves us time and money.

Cons

There are very few issues with the software. I have noticed that when I'm have an issue with the software it can take a little bit longer then I would expect for the problem to be resolved. We are busy people and need our programs to be running properly to get our jobs done.

Allison M.

Sage-Ing Grace

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

It is the best program I have used while working in the construction industry. I would be very pleased to be able to use this program again

Pros

I enjoyed this software very much. I because extremely comfortable with it with in days so i would say it is extremely user friendly. It was very convenient in the sene that most everything i needed was all in one place. I also loved that the guys working in the field could log in on there I Pads and enter or look over any documents for approval. It cut down so much of my time..

Cons

I was not a fan of the amount of users. At least a few tie a week one or more of us would have to log out so another person in the office could log in. I would like to see more chargers for ya/

Since we switched from Great Plains (pc based) I can't see myself working with any other...

Reviewed on 1/05/2018

It makes the monthly close faster and allows us to change things if there are errors in the account adjustments. It also enables the program managers to view their data rather than have us run reports for them.

Pros

The account string is flexible and you can query on just one dimension and it allows you to run reports over multiple years. I love that it creates the intercompany entries behind the "scene" - that was always a headache to reconcile.

Cons

The report writer is a little confusing but just had training and need time to practice. I tried to create a cash flow report from training but I got lost in all the column's and groups of groups that needed to be created. I also wish the report would display on screen when running and not only in edit mode.

Love Sage Intacct

Reviewed on 6/09/2018

Pros

Gosh what do we not love! It does everything, the reports are so customizable, and everyone who works there is awesome!

Cons

What I personally do not like about Intacct is there is no way to see imports that are being uploaded in the queue. Sometimes I upload the same file twice and Intacct doesn't recognize it and I have duplicate files.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience customizing reports within Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Michael Z.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Fantastic Platform ERP for all Company Sizes Geared to Partner with Other Best in Class...

Reviewed on 4/05/2018

This is a fantastic core system to build all of your companies technology solutions around.

Pros

*Extremely intuitive/easy to use
*Phenomenal core financial package
*Built to integrate with best in class solutions/systems (e.g. Salesforce.com)
*Easy to tailor fields to your business
*Ability to customize
*Upgrades are seamless
*On-line help functions are great
*True cloud based solution (how it started and has always been)
*Annual price increases are fair (esp. vs. Tier 1 ERPs)

Cons

*Very difficult to find developers with experience on this platform for contract or hire
*Customer service is just ok; of course we don't pay for the enhanced service & fortunately rarely need it since so easy to use
*Not the cheapest solution; but value is there

• Industry: Entertainment

We have quite an uncomplicated business structure so Intacct does more than enough for us

Reviewed on 2/05/2018

Reporting is much quicker and more in depth than what we were previously using. Data entry is easy.

Pros

It's very easy to use, except maybe the report writer which takes a bit of learning. It looks good. The dimensions help us split reports in different ways. Easy to audit.

Cons

Tracking an item through from the cash register to the point of entry is difficult. There are about 5 different screens you have to click through and sometimes it looks like an accounts payable item has been split into different lines when in fact it has not.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Copy and paste is your best friend

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

Sage gets the job done and has lots of options to categorize your expenses and requests as freely as you wish. However, there seem to be lots of bugs that need to be worked out to make it user friendly. Even the experienced finance team with years of knowledge with the system get stuck and have issues. Imagine someone from an external department utilizing it once in awhile. It gets confusing and is hard to follow.

Pros

I like that you can easily save information and copy over previous Purchase Requisitions for your new ones. It allows you to save a lot of time by having your information saved for quick processing. There's also an SSO option. There is a chat function in the actual PR so you can communicate or upload changes without having to start all over. Great for overall visibility within the company.

Cons

It tells you there are glitches and the PR won't process, but it did-you just have to verify and save it twice. The error codes don't explain if your selected budget is maxed out or WHERE the issue in the form is. The system just assumes you will review and figure it out on your own. It's not 100% phone user friendly so it's hard sometimes to work on it on the go. Best configuration is on a desktop/computer. Drop downs often get stuck wasting your time clicking on random space to get out of functions. The PRs can't be organized easily and the search function is super sensitive.

Emilee G.

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

I think that Sage Intacct is a decent accounting software to use for daily accounting activity. However, there is more affordable accounting software available.

Pros

While working in the cannabis industry, this was one of the only accounting software companies who were willing to work with us to set up an accurate and efficient accounting system.

Cons

We had issues correcting errors after the initial setup. For example, a coworker misspelled the class code "cannabis" and the implementation team told us it would take several thousand dollars to fix.

Nicolle L.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Overall

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

Pros

Fairly easy to maneuver around the software.

Cons

Platforms services is not the easiest platform to build reports out of. It's not very intuitive.
Customer service can take a while to get things resolved.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Nicolle,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

John N.

Easy to use with capability of add-on

Reviewed on 5/12/2017

Pros

Easy to use with capability of Add-on. I like the idea of dimension which makes it so easy to manage chart of account and locations

Cons

The reporting module is very difficult to manage. For example, we need a income statement package for 19 locations and one roll up, it needs to create 20 separate income statements and group them together. They should consider adding "Tree" function.

Carol F.

Intacct works very well for our needs.

Reviewed on 4/05/2018

Pros

The level of detail available and drill down capabilities. It handles all the dimensions that we need to track easily. The ability to adjust entries without have to reverse and recreate keeps account information clean.

Cons

Reports are cumbersome to create. Creating and keeping track of account groups and all that they mean and which include which accounts gets out of hand.

Jaclyn L.

1 year after implementation..doing good

Reviewed on 8/06/2017

Overall I like the system- it does not do everything we were looking for- but it is much better than our legacy system

Pros

The system is very user friendly and intuitive.
Reports can be customized pretty easily.
The system has great import functionality.
Dashboarding features in the system are great.

Cons

Some custom reports do not pull much needed information based on what module and table the information is housed in.
System flows are much different from legacy systems (at least our agency's old legacy system)- make sure to ask really pointed questions when vetting system functionality.

Jaclyn L.
  • Industry: Philanthropy
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Wish we would have switched from our legacy system sooner!

Reviewed on 9/01/2018

Great system if you are looking for something new. Dimension tagging in the system gives you visibility in areas you wouldn't have thought possible. You can use this system without having to use a separate reporting tool if necessary. So glad we made the switch!

Pros

System is user friendly, dashboard capabilities are excellent, help feature in the system is excellent and makes it easy to troubleshoot and fix errors without having to reach out to a 3rd party.

Cons

Custom reporting is not intuitive and time consuming. Customer support directly from the vendor could be better.

Poonam G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Sage Intacct Review

Reviewed on 8/04/2021

All the feature are very easy to use. All AP, AR ,GL and GE functions are self explanatory. Intacct is keep improving their feature time to time.

Pros

I like most of the features. Very Easy to use for beginner and non tech people.

Cons

Adjustments entries needs to improve on upload side.

Jeff W.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Intacct Provides Excellent Flexibility and Visibility into Your Organizations Finances

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

Intacct is a full featured accounting package having modules for revenue recognition, fixed assets, Salesforce Integration, authorize.net integration, expensify integration, payment approvals and processing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and so much more. The report writer is robust. Perhaps the best feature is that it has dimensions that allow you to slice and dice your information on so many different levels, which gives you comprehensive visibility into the finances of your organization

Pros

Cons

pricey

Dustin N.

ROI is DOA

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

I've been working with Intacct since 2012. At the time my firm was a close partner and I worked closely with our internal experts which gave me a great leg-up. In the last 8 years I've seen their customer service continue to spiral to non-existant, unless you want to pay double your base cost for it. Their add-ons and the basic things you need to develop a fully functioning system take your cost from 5-$50k in the blink of an eye.

Pros

Anyone with multiple locations will benefit from this platform. With some experience, the reports are extremely customizable to your exact needs as well.

Cons

Insanely expensive software, with extra fees and double dipping on the fees for every simple feature needed. The customer support can read a script and reset your password, after that they are woefully inempt if they ever get back to you. Multi-currency and consolidation are 2 seperate fees which are 3x the basecost of the software. There is no value prop here.

Brian S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Intacct user for nine years

Reviewed on 1/05/2018

Pros

Variety of reporting options, statistical accounts, multi entity transactions. UI is intuitive. Access anywhere anytime.

Cons

Some features are not global across all modules, customer support has not been as reliable since the Sage acquisition.

"Much easier to use then I anticipated, wish we would have switched sooner"

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Pros

Dimension tagging in the system gives visibility into areas you might not have thought of.

Cons

None, I've never had the opportunity to have a bad thing to say about the system

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that Sage Intacct has provided increased visibility and that you're taking advantage of the reporting. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

• Industry: Accounting

Cool data organization and collection tool

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Pros

There are many positive for Sage Intacct such as the ease to log in and the ease to navigate through the software. Other positives about Sage Intacct are the speed of the software making it efficient. As well as how structured the software Sage Intacct is.

Cons

How the software handles its company charge card and paying off card charges seem unnecessarily complicated. The modules which were added on are not the best and the fact that Sage Intacct added it on as it is easy to find out it that the modules weren’t there originally. Finally customization is quite difficult.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are able to easily log in and navigate Sage Intacct, Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!