CMiC

Complete Construction Management Software

4.2 /5 (164 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
3.9
4.1

Great for project teams

Reviewed on 29/12/2018

Overall CMiC has been beneficial in my current role. With this system I am much more efficient in tracking documents and project financials all on one platform.

Pros

CMiC has a tremendous amount of tools encompassed in the software. The ability for project teams to work within the software simultaneously helps to enhance the user experience. This comes in handy when you have multiple subcontractors and/or project team members who all need to view the same documents.

Cons

Although a great tool, CMiC is a fairly robust software. New users should be prepared to spend a good amount of time learning the ins and outside of the software to really become proficient with it.

Rachel B.

CMiC

Reviewed on 11/04/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

After several years on CMiC software I would say that it is absolutely the best integrated project management and accounting ERP available. The implementation can be time consuming, but the benefits are definitely worth it. Everyone is up to date with the latest information on our projects, so it makes collaboration a breeze. Our management loves the ability to get real time accurate and detailed reports of exactly what they need to make business decisions. Great company and great software.

Pros

CMiC's greatest contributions to our organization are that it provides a powerful and scalable infrastructure that allows everyone to collaborate, stores all our organization's data and documents in a central location, and has excellent reporting capabilities to analyze our data. CMiC is great at getting our company to collaborate and share data. No more calling around for information or searching through files. We believe that the reports from CMiC are a significant contributing to our organizations ability to make decisions and be successful.

Tip for Success: Taking the time to thoroughly review and understand the settings for each module will greatly improve your organization's experience with CMiC. Don't guess at what the settings do. Try recording the training sessions with your CMiC implementation team, so that you can review it later. Ask questions freely. And be sure sure to join CMUG, the CMiC users group. They have forums, monthly calls, demos, and are a great help.

Cons

The implementation process can be long. The distribution and segregation of the software settings to multiple locations makes it difficult to manage the system and troubleshoot issues. One central control panel would make it much more user friendly.

Christina H.

Reviewed on 20/09/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Reports are not running properly. Program is extremely slow and not efficient. Some of the reports do not work properly. Wish there was a way we could view the invoices in Invoice query rather than imaging.

Pros

Program is easy to use and navigate and is compatible with Textura Payment Processing program

Cons

Very slow and some functions do not work properly which is frustrating when your brain works faster than the programs and reports.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Caloub H.
Industry: Computer Software

CMiC - The Future of the Construction Industry

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

I think CMiC is a solid solution with abundant features and capabilities. We have only "unlocked" about 10% of the tool, so I hope we keep growing and leaning the CMiC solution. I wish our company used more of the program - there's so many helpful tools. The CMiC team has been a pleasure, overall, to work with. We look forward to growing with CMiC in the future.

Pros

People that work at CMiC, overall, are all awesome. Paul in sales, and Chet in support, are (2) especially solid individuals that come to mind. The ECM Plug In is great! That tool alone is worth CMiC. Support staff is usually very responsive when issues arise. TONS of features and capabilities! I like that CMiC has updates often - makes you feel comfortable that they're continually trying to support their clients and improve their product.

CMiC Review

Reviewed on 7/09/2019

Overall i enjoy using the software not only for change order needs, but also submittals and RFIs' which makes it nice to send notifications through one system and not have to exchange multiple emails.

Pros

I use CMiC on all of my projects and what I like most is being able to arrange different projects and have all the respective subcontractors. To be able to handle all change orders between the owner, the GC and the subcontractors makes the project run smoothly, along with being able to determine what is proceeding, what is pending and what has been completed.

Cons

What I like least is that the CMiC software is very sensitive. There tends to be issues with the forecasting when a change order or Potential change item is posted which can sway the budget and what it actually is.

I use CMIC every day.

Reviewed on 3/05/2018

Everything we do, from accounting to document management is completed in CMIC. We are able to save everything in CMIC for years, so this also helps with document storage.

Pros

Once there is an understanding of the product, it is very easy to use. The functionality is very useful for large construction companies.

Cons

Upside down question marks when copying and pasting from word documents. Also, the Java sections are a bit dated.

Tricky Customization

Reviewed on 21/09/2018

We've been using another similar software for many years and recently switched to CMiC. The transition has been time consuming but the end result should justify the cost. We're looking forward to having the software fully implemented.

Pros

I love that we're able to replace 3-4 different softwares with 1 (CMiC). We were able to combine most of our company's departments into this one software which allows more seamless distribution of information. It's a powerful software that can be customized to meet our company's individual needs.

Cons

Customization was a very long process and we're still discovering issues as we roll it out to our employees.

CMICProd

Reviewed on 23/09/2019

Cmic gets the job done. We’ve been using it to collaborate with our design team and owner reps and everyone has gotten through the initial growing pains of the program

Pros

It is the only software I’ve ever used for project management. I like that everything is in one place from documents and invoicing.

Cons

The software appears to be very outdated and can be glitchy. You may also have to click through 5-7 things before getting to the thing you need.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Samuel H.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

CMiC - new user review

Reviewed on 7/05/2020

Sop far there have been some growing pains with CMiC. The customer support is generally very good, but we have run into one of the training people who was very difficult to work with and we spent a lot of time and learned very little from him.

Pros

I like what the results can be once all the data is entered. We have only been using this software for 6 months or so and the data entry on the front end is a lot. We have gotten some good data so far, but it has been very time consuming.

Cons

We started using CmiC to take the place of Quick Books in our department. There are certain things we have had to ask CMiC to customize for us, like making estimates. I don't feel like this is a great replacement for things like estimates but we are making it work. There is talk of us bringing back QB for certain things.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Manage and manage your Project with this Solid Tool.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

Used in my organization for the continuous administration of projects, allows you to be aware of all the details of the Project thanks to its variety of tool, has a very good technical support.
It allows you to get details of expenses, cost, quotes and has a very solid and reliable system.

Cons

It is important to maintain good speed on your computer since the software tends to be a bit slow when you use it.
Expensive depending on what you need in your organization.
It is important to be clear about waiting for this software before acquiring it, since it tends to be expensive.

Alexandra B.

My Review

Reviewed on 17/11/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Well integrated system overall, but everyone needs to pitch in to make it great!

Pros

- Business Process Integration -
Job Billing module is fantastic from my experience. We can customize our contracts/bills ALMOST any way our users need (with the exception of some change order options).
- Gords passion - Constantly trying to evolve/innovate CMiC to keep up with what people. No one wants users to go and find another program to do something that they feel CMiC cannot do. Mobile and BI are some of the newer things that have kept us from having to explore other options.

Cons

- Performance/Speed is overall a bit slow
- We have BI in our DEV environment. It is on its way to becoming very useful for us, but it's not quite there, but I know it's still being developed. I wouldn't say that it's really the least favorite of mine, just that I am really excited to see what else is coming.

Kristi T.

Contracts Administrator Review

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Explore as much as you can, there are so many things that this software is capable of to make your job easier!

Pros

I am the Contracts Administrator for Gramoll Construction Company. I use this software for many different purposes and once I have gotten the hang of some of the uses I have come to rely quite heavily on this program (when it is down I panic)!! When I have issues I have been very pleased with the support available (the most common asked questions usually will fix my problem) the customer service goes above and beyond expectations (always very friendly and helpful)! Overall I am very pleased with this software and the updates are wonderful!

Cons

I wish there was training more readily available...there are so many functions that I am sure that I am not utilizing but I find myself fumbling through trying to figure what they do and why.

Grace D.

Payroll Manager

Reviewed on 25/08/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

General payroll needs met by software. Would like to see more standard payroll reports. For data I can't get from a report, I have to download data from view screens, and create excel reports on my own. Would also like to see historical pay, hire/term/rehire data in a sub screen within the Employee Profile Maintenance screens, instead of having to go to Employee History Adjustment screen in Utilities.

Three things I really like about CMiC:
1) Ability to download data to excel.
2) The system is able to recognize state reciprocity/non-reciprocity and withholding tax accordingly
3) Ability to find specific data using query operators/functions

Cons

User should have proficient excel knowledge to get desired data from system.

Luis B.

Integrated Accounting and Project Managment Solution

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

If you are an operations-oriented firm (as opposed to an accounting-driven firm), this is the right ERP system for you. It is also the best commercial construction ERP system for your dollar. Like most ERP systems and large-scale software implementations, CMiC will take significant resources, planning, and training to deploy and maintain.

Pros

The fact the CMiC provides an integrated platform for our accounting and operations personnel to have real-time visibility into our projects without the need for custom-built integrations is the primary reason that we switched from Viewpoint to CMiC. This also provides us with a unified database to perform real-time data analytics through our BI applications.

Cons

- Environment Management (patch testing, hot fixes, bugs)

Edward R.

Miron Construction Co., Inc - Review

Reviewed on 13/02/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have been in production with CMIC for almost three years now. As we have become more adept at the function and
features, we continue to find more value and benefits to the application. We are impressed with the scope of the
application, as CMIC handles almost all aspects of our financials, human capital management and project management.
New features for mobile, dashboards & analytics and digital signature are all very positive additions to the product.

Pros

CMIC is highly integrated and was designed as such from the very beginning. Nothing in CMIC feels "bolted on".
The quality of the software is high and scope and breadth of the system are excellent.

Cons

Output & reporting is a bit weak. We are anxious to see the new dashboard and analytics feature to see if the new
module will help to address this issue.

Rachel B.

CMiC - A Valuable Tool for Collaborating and Reporting

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Taking the time to thoroughly review and understand the settings for each module will greatly improve your organization's experience with CMiC. Don't guess at what the settings do. Try recording the training sessions with your CMiC implementation team, so that you can review it later. And ask questions freely.

Pros

CMiC is great at getting our company to collaborate and share data. Setting up CMiC was a lengthy process for us, but with CMiC's help, we were able to get to fit our needs. The most important aspect of the software for us is the reporting capabilities. We are able to access our data and provide great real-time reports and analysis. CMiC's greatest contributions to our organization are that it provides a powerful and scalable infrastructure that allows everyone to collaborate, stores all our organization's data in a central location, and has excellent reporting capabilities to analyze our data.

Heather B.

Good Work Keep it up!

Reviewed on 25/08/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

For the most part, CMIC meets our needs. It has come a long way in the 11 years I have been using it and I like the direction it's going in. When ADF gets all the little nuances worked out it, it will be a great replacement for the old Forms screens. I think the JSP screens need to get a face lift next which mobile is helping with that. All in all, I've used a few other construction ERP systems and CMIC, while quirky at times, is my favorite.

Cons

Take the time to understand why the system is doing what it's doing. Once you understand the "why", then it makes determining your process easier. Sometimes, minor tweaks to processes can make the world of difference in how something is done and makes the process as a whole work better within the system.

Jeff S.

CMiC Review

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Just use it. It makes your job easier.

Pros

Three things i like about CMiC:
1) That is a universal solution, meaning it handles accounting, field operations, safety, document control, all in one place. (i'm hoping that mobile increases this functionality)
2) That is geared toward the basic functions of a general contractor (workflow is good)
3) That it appears like continual improvement of the software is a focus (technological advancement is never ending)

Cons

The rigidity and limited nature of the reporting. (I'm working on MIP and hopefully will soon have access to oracle or jasper reporting tools to customize reports) The 'Captive data' aspect of the JSP data entry. (How you must hit "edit", then modify/enter data, then hit 'save")

Serena Z.

A Great Construction Enterprise Solution

Reviewed on 15/03/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have been using CMiC since 2005 and our overall experience has been very positive. Over the years, the solution continues to evolve and is part of our competitive advantage. When implementing for the first time, it is important to redefine workflows to be consistent with the system so that the
full benefits can be achieved.

Pros

1. A centralized enterprise solution that includes Finance, HR, CRM and workflow as well project management.
2. The collaboration functionality enables us to engage all project participants anywhere, anytime.
3. Integration with other applications such as Plangrid and Docusign.

Cons

1. New releases sometimes result in loss of existing functionality that we have been relying on.
2. Training for new releases is not provided free of charge creating a disincentive to upgrade.

Henry C.

Beck CMiC Support Review

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Beck is a long time user of CMIC, and we rely on the Job Costing and Job Billing modules to bill our customers. Beck uses almost all of the CMIC modules and we most recently added the 3rd Party Payment feature to our ACH and check printing procedures. We utilize the forms, JSP and ADF screens, and Beck has a large number of custom forms, JSP queries and reports. We utilize over 100 user extension forms. As a database developer, I am impressed with the open architecture of the CMIC system. We are able to do many enhancements (or implement restrictions) that might be impossible in a closed system. The CMIC system is easy to manage, and there are a large community of users and 3rd party support partners. I really get a lot of information from the annual Connect conference

Pros

open architecture billing options ease of management and support

Vanessa J.

CMiC - Finally we’re Mobile

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

It’s been a learning curve, but I think overall, we’re happy.

Pros

I love the Mobile Field app for our in-field users, it’s clean and simple and still improving.
The drawings management module is great, better than anything we’ve had in the past especially for tracking versions of drawings.

Cons

Honestly some of the things I came to User Conference wanting to “complain” about this year, they’re already on top of improving. I still think where some things are located don’t rally make sense, but they’re getting there.
I also wish I had more control over how reports look or generate.

Randy L.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Power with future in mind

Reviewed on 17/02/2017

CMIC is a powerful tool constantly improving. Recent conference displayed mobile, resource planning and the future thereby allowing us to react at our pace. We often lead the pack is utilizing the software suite but have taken a more relaxed state to prepare internal SOPs. We often learn about things from support and customers we didn't know saving us time and money. The past along with the future product enhancements makes the investment worth it and nothing beats an ERP suite for our industry.

Pros

Integrated systems, reliable with plenty of checks and balances. Room for personalization is nice feature thus not being too limited.

Cons

Old Oracle technologies and reliance on Java (can't wait for us to get to ADF and mobile).

Jean-christophe G.

A globally great product

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

CMiC is a really powerful tool. The product itself is really good. The data flows between all different modules without any problem. It is great to be able to run the pay for a week than being able to track our cost in real-time. CMiC also provides us a way to implement different standards in the company. Instead of having multiple ways of doing things, we now have "THE" way.

Overall, CMiC is a great product built towards GC. CMiC does everything, or almost. It will give any construction company a clear advantage over competitor if enough time and resources are spent to make it fits the need of the company

Pros

Having the data in real-time for PM. ADF is a powerful technology allowing us to customize the software. Being able to import/export from Excel is great. It should be available in almost all screens. Log Builder. It does everything: payroll, AP, AR, PM, ....

Mary D.

CMiC - Powerful Construction Management Software

Reviewed on 17/02/2017

I have been using CMiC since 2009 and was a member of the Pirtle Implementation Team. I assist with training, procedure and reports of the Project Management module. At first some new trainees can be overwhelmed, but they soon find that this software can automate many tasks and improve efficiency. Employees who have moved on to "non-CMiC" companies have expressed how much they miss the software.

Pros

CMiC has the capability to capture as many details as the user desires and then provides exceptional reporting capabilities. I especially appreciate the uploading of documentation to CMiC and linking it directly to applicable records.

Eugene E.

Single Source of Truth

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

It has been a good 10 years

Pros

Single database has a lot of power and provides a wonderful platform for reporting and queries. The abundance of different modules gives us the flexibility to keep most of our processes in a single platform and illuminate integrations

Cons

As a large system it has an incredibly complex backend. Patches can cause issues that don’t show up in testing because of all the use cases that customers have for this particular software