Aloha POS

Restaurant POS system optimized for handheld devices

3.6 /5 (59 reviews) Write a Review!
3.6
3.2
3.7
3.7
Nichole S.

Aloha! Hello!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Aloha is a lifesaver! I have used many many systems in my 10 years as a waitress and the majority of the companies I have worked for prefer Aloha. The amount of modifiers per entree items help with being intuitive and helps with server training as well. Each entree can be assigned certain buttons that help the servers efficiently place orders with ease of access. There is also a way to add and delete buttons so that should your menu change or need updating, there is a way to update within 24 hours.

Cons

Adding and Deleting buttons is a little complicated if you are not familiar with the system. While you CAN do a lot with the system, it does take a lot of customer support to help any new users navigate through the software. This is a small price to pay for the ease of access that Aloha provides.

Anthony A.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Perfect for Restaurants

Reviewed on 11/03/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall it works great with ADP interface for timekeeping.

Pros

Aloha is perfect for restaurants industries. I used it at Fatburger at all our store locations. We pulled payroll hours and exported it into ADP easily.

Cons

I can't say much about what I liked least about it since I only used it for payroll purposes. However it had over great functions.

Industry: Hospitality

Aloha to Aloha

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 21/08/2020

Aloha was a leader in the industry, but I don't feel they have kept up with the other, newer and more streamlined systems. I've often felt as though they keep trying to put makeup on the old version and not bring anything new. But the cost associated with this system is astronomical.

Pros

I really like the setup and the presentation of the software. The older versions were always clean and I like that they kept this through the years. The software works well and is user-friendly. The layout is nice and easy to read and find what you are looking for. I mostly liked the ability to pull up the reporting on my phone via the app. It was amazing!

Cons

This program continues to grow and expand but I don't feel it is doing so in a good way. While they focus on what they have always done, other systems provide more and seem to do so in a more streamlined manner. The support is lacking and hard to get through to the right person to help. They use so many people or satellite companies that have limited resources. I used one that said they were large and could handle all we were rolling out, but they could not. They were never there when we needed them.

Jessica K.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easiest POS System To Learn

Reviewed on 15/02/2020

Pros

I’ve been using this POS system for 4 years and it didn’t take long to understand how it works.

Cons

This software will glitch from time to time when pressing certain command buttons.

Peter M.
Industry: Restaurants

It always comes down to service

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 20/04/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I withheld final payment for the system until all the kinks were worked out and toward the end, I was told I was being given a discount of 10%. I still paid the full contracted amount that was agreed upon before the system was installed, but was confused how the discount was applied since the payment was the same. After many discussions, I finally understood: I was given a pre-purchase discount that sales personnel are allowed to give at their discretion. Someone in billing told me that "I was chosen" for the discount and it did not have to be given and she hoped that would show me their level of commitment. I told her, though the discount was appreciated when it was given months before, the initial discount had nothing to do with the service issues that occurred at installation, hence, that discount could not be applied to the problem. I told her that as a restaurant owner, I could not give someone a gift card as a gesture of generosity, and then, if when using it they had a bad experience, tell them, "at least you didn't pay full price"!

Pros

It works! It accomplishes what we need for the most part and the issues that arise from time to time are generally dealt with easily.

Cons

Service. Setting up the system was a horrible experience. There were no less than 3 trained technicians working on the install, yet it took 4 painful weeks to finally get it working the way it should.
Because it is a computer, I find it hard to believe that we are told sometimes that it cannot do that.

Julia U.

15+ years experience using Aloha POS

Reviewed on 7/06/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Aloha used to be more an industry standard but they are falling behind the times due to outdated software and ease of integration.

Pros

Ease of usability for Front of house
Reliable
Industry Standard/ Familiarity
Good customer service if you pay for that service

Cons

Outdated software
Limited additional software upgrades
Lack of reporting options/ We use secondary program to generate reports (CTUIT)

Jenica B.

Just ok.

Reviewed on 12/09/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The system could have changed since I used it but I didn’t exactly love it where I am primary English.

Pros

It had a lot of different features. Many options for different reports(ie tax and sales) and customer information.

Cons

Once I learned the system it was easy but there was so many steps to get from point A to point B sometimes. Also I used this software at an old workplace and it was all in French. Although it had an English option not everything translated and some of the things that did simply didn’t make sense.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Taleen Q.

Time consuming, but functional

Reviewed on 9/05/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Weekly and summary reports are easy, clock ins are easy to adjust. Having the ability to temporarily disable a menu item is great.

Cons

It takes multiple steps to change a menu, and to add items. You have multiple cash out sheets, so it is complicated to count out at the end of your shift

Jazmin C.
Industry: Restaurants

Aloha was our old POS system that was fine for a smaller business but not for a company of our size

Reviewed on 8/03/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

For a smaller company (100ppl) this wasn't a bad POS system. For larger companies I'd suggest a different POS system.

Pros

Once you understood the setup and features it was easy to use and train staff on. It was also nice you could create multiple gift cards at once.

Cons

It was clunky and hard to integrate with our business that was expanding. When we incorporated more online orders/catering software this program wasn't keeping up to our standards.

Christopher C.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Aloha is Modern Looking

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Too Slow, Bad Customer Service, and Not User Friendly at All.

Pros

Seems newer in style, table layouts are nice, and Equipment is newer/modern.

Cons

Customer service is horrible, when using in Casinos Comp using is too complicated and time-consuming, and this P.O.S. is not good to use in high volume businesses.

Kathy O.

Aloha POS works great

Reviewed on 9/12/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall this product works very well, and is very easy to figure out if you sit and learn for a bit. There are many integrated functions that allow us to do many things within the system. The staff finds it very easy to use as well. Very few problems.

Pros

I can edit most things on my own, and the ease of changing things in the POS is fairly simple. The ergonomic design makes it easy for staff to use.

Cons

I think the customer service sometimes lacks, in terms of getting through to the right person to help and then the problem never truly being resolved. Some of the buttons I have needed in the past, are not allowed on my end and I have to call and have someone add them to my end which is silly.

Vince S.

Ease of use Software

Reviewed on 8/05/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Been using Aloha POS software at three of our restaurants. Easy to train staff. Only negative is that NCR is too big of company to respond to customers needs on a timely basis.

Pros

Quick to learn. Great for multi units operations. No monthly fees, can purchase Aloha outright. Provides necessary reports to efficiently run and operate your business. Durability.

Cons

NCR support response time to issues . Monthly Fees for optional products e-cards, loyalty. Unable to purchase swipe e-cards from other sources.

Don P.

POS functionality

Reviewed on 17/01/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It is too difficult to navigate the back of the house functionality. There are too many steps involved.

Pros

Ease of use for servers in that the categorization and screens are easy to follow and remember. The checkout feature for daily data capturing is also very usefull.

Cons

Back of the house programming. Changing buttons and designing screens, along with changing the footer on the customer ticket, is too difficult to navigate easily.

Robert A.

Best POS enterprise on market

Reviewed on 29/05/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Have used over 4 different POS enterprises. Aloha and NCR is best service and options no questions asked

Pros

Have used full service, QSR, and mobile pos products and always have been satisfied. Hosted services are a huge plus. Customer support is always painless and quick to produce a solution.

Cons

A little pricey but worth paying. If app is implemented it is based off POS database making some changes to the app not feasible

Raleigh L.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Aloha is amazing if you know how to work it.... You can run everything through it, reports, inventory, sales. It tracks what the employees are entering and who is voiding out tickets.

Cons

You have to take a class in order to really understand the full potential Aloha offers. We have used the system for 4 years and i am still having trouble figuring out each function.

Thomas H.

Dependable product

Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We used Aloha in most restaurants I've worked. I have used Aloha in Central America in 4 different locations. Purchased by owners for its ease of use.

Cons

Its older designs are not easily updateable. Support used to be a crapshoot, but now in the super competitive market of specialized POS, I'm sure they have improved their phone professionalism.

Richard C.
Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 14/03/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the ease of use. Even a brand new employee of a company can jump right in and use this intuitive software. Also you can use it as an in house system or could based.

Cons

Setting up in house can be more confusing if a restaraunt or store is doing it themselves. Takes a little bit of tech knowledge to setup.

Tina H.
Industry: Restaurants

Very easy to use and to teach

Reviewed on 29/06/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to teach to new employees. Easy to process payments and close out checks. Easiest use for bartenders I've seen.

Cons

Different functions available at different places I've worked at. If there is ever a power outage there is no built in backup battery or access to the open checks.

Tj S.
Industry: Restaurants

Costly, but great operating, staff enjoyed, easy system

Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Ease of use, staff friendly, back office ok, once set up. Reporting is easy & efficient. Cloud based a big plus

Cons

Set up is brutal, cost is high, customer service was non existent. System did crash more than once. Wasn't easy to integrate payroll or sales history

Sean M.
Industry: Restaurants

Good customer service, quick reslove.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Easy to use at POS. Easy to train someone on. Easy to program new products, prices or menu's on. Quick speed.

Cons

When downloaded new version, lost most of old stuff. Sometime when calling for support we get someone that really doesn't seem to know what their doing.

Katherine G.

User Friendly

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

User friendly at the restaurant level. At the programming level, Aloha has added new options with each upgrade that make programming easy.

Cons

Some functions do not work even with the support companies assistance such as Movies at clock in. I understand there are companies that have been able to make the movies work, but those are larger companies with an IT department.

With the 12.3 release I am unable to drop in data bases to the file server. This function was removed when they moved to a sequel server setup. This has greatly complicated the programming function at multiple locations without paying more money for another service.

Roy G.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Fast and Easy POS

Reviewed on 9/08/2019

Pros

Saving time , easy to use , very user freindly

Cons

at the beginning there was several customization that was required more that what was planned

Grace D.

My favorite pos system

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 25/07/2019

So I have used NCR Aloha POS off and on for years. My company used it before I worked there and then switched, but I don’t know why. Aloha is not as user friendly for back of the house stuff but once you familiarize yourself with it, it’s much easier to understand. The front of house part of the system is very easy to use and I love that servers can do things like combine checks etc and help them work smarter and me more efficiently

User friendly
Easy to have employees do things alone

Cons

Back of house not as user friendly as others

Chris B.
Industry: Restaurants

Horrible System and even Worse Customer Service!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Cons

I wish I could give them a "0," because this is the absolute worst company I have ever done business with... They do not return phone calls or emails, routinely overcharge my account, deduct money without warning for chargebacks that I have no knowledge of or have received no paperwork regarding. I never know who to call for what because the company is so large and they source everything to different departments. I cannot express enough how much displeasure, frustration, and anger doing business with this company has caused me. I have reached my limit and will be switching our POS system as well as processing away from Aloha and NCR. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID.... AVOID THIS COMPANY!

Timea M.
Industry: Restaurants

Not bad, could be better

Reviewed on 4/06/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It's not bad, but make sure that you have clear plans for implementation if you are a start up.

Pros

Easy to use, most of our employees used it before, we didn't have spend time on training them, it can be customized to meet your needs

Cons

With all the customizing it's easy to make mistakes. One field can interfere with the other. It's a nightmare to get it integrated with our payroll.