4.4
4.5
4.2
Victor R.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Avast for Business - One of the cheapest options for your company.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 17/06/2020

One of the things I’ve always loved deeply about all versions of Avast is its 30-day free trial, where you can see if it’s the solution to your problems, both individual and corporate.
The avast suite was the first antivirus model I got and used on my computer, since my childhood, which I just switched to solutions that I thought were more robust and efficient.
I really like the fact that avast has automatic solutions to detect threats that lurk around the network, so that you can browse smoothly, without worrying too much about problems (if you surf casually, of course). The built-in VPN is very interesting and is a very smart solution, helping you strongly to stay hidden at desired times.
Although I liked Avast and its corporate solution very much, I believe that there are solutions in similar price ranges that have won me much more than him, so I say easily: it is not a perfect antivirus, but I guarantee that if you have a small company, or just for you, Avast is a cost-effective solution.

Pros

1 - Much more customizable than other antiviruses in the same price range.
2 - Detects a reasonable number of threats.
3 - The program's firewall is exceptional in its detection.
4 - Its compatible with Mac OS, Windows and Windows Server (best value I found for server protection solution).
5 - Three different types of protection, so you can choose the one that best fits your use and your company.

Cons

1 - Some more advanced threats were not detected, which started to worry me.
2 - Although it protects you (sometimes try to protect) from spam and other threats, the program opens several pop-ups, visually polluting your desktop a little.
3 - Strong problem to protect against some types of spam.
4 - The difference between the three versions: Regular, Pro and Pro Plus, are not so significant to justify the price difference between them, being that it would be more interesting to have only a more robust version.

Hanna B.
Industry: Law Practice

A must have Antivirus!

Reviewed on 3/05/2019

As we work with foreign investors, we deal with a lot of client information, of which most are confidential. Avast has helped us deliver our best but keeping such data safe and secure.

Pros

Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus provides for a full package protection with its protection, privacy and performance tools such as virus scan, ransomware shield, VPN protection and password manager features.
Another thing I love about this software is its user oriented features such as browser clean up and its constant daily update.

Cons

With all its perks, Avast also has its drawbacks. One, while scanning the entire system Avast tends to slow down the performance of the device. Two, Avast is a very skeptical antivirus that it blocks legitimate websites and at times tends to delete files from the computer or the USB drive.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Virus protection looks good. Administration is bad.

Reviewed on 16/03/2020

Pros

Central Management. Don't need to much CPU power. Easy to install.

Cons

Automatic Update also reboots 24x7 servers without warning. Reboot should be scheduled separately.
Management Console information mostly outdated or delayed.
No responsive design, can't even quick check a virus found, need to go to a computer to see what it is.
GPO based MSI rollout not work for most use cases.
Can't change the Central Management. We migrated from On-Premises installation to Cloud.
Had to uninstall AVAST everywhere and install everything again. REALLY BAD.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Miguel D.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Avast cloud service

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Since weve have Avast, all our 157 devices have been protected and i have full control over their AV settings, status, etc it is really nice to have full control and you can even set policies to not let users to change their local AV settings..

Pros

Cloud console administration, easy to use, easy to setup in a fly, very low per user licence cost, no aditional H/W required, IMHO the bes value in town

Cons

Avast is constantly updating the cloud console, adding patches, new functionallities, etc, sometimes it is hard to get to the console and see new things that you need to understand what have changed since last time you where there.

Marco P.
Industry: Industrial Automation

I've never had the need to change

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

I've never taken any virus or malware with this software. Well done!

Pros

Avast is the unique antivirus I have ever used. I always used this software because form the time I started using it I never had any reasons to change it. It simple to use. It is safe with all the things I download and the sites that I browse. I also like the integrated scannig tool and the funcionality that disactivates the messages while playing or watching films.

Cons

Sometimes it uses lot of RAM and CPU expecially during the startup of the PC. It slows down a little bit the startup but I know that is necessary beacuse af all the updates and the processes needed.

Jessica G.
Industry: Design
Company size: Self Employed

Avast Me Hearty This Be The Antivirus For Ye!

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Overall marvelous, they have been helpful when I've had issues, I was once accidentally double-billed and they cleared that up right away.

Pros

I've used Avast as my antivirus almost as long as I've had a computer. I've had a few others but this by far has been my favorite. It's easy to use, it's very alert, and it has saved me from several issues that could have ruined my computer.

Cons

It can slow the computer in certain modes, but if you know how to set it up well, it won't hinder your computer's performance.

Kaes A.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

very well rounded product

Reviewed on 28/01/2020

Over all it gets the job done. But would be careful about the warnings it keeps showing.

Pros

easy install and update, not too heavy on CPU and memory resources. very stable.

Cons

identified some normal files as malware, plus for the sake of upgrading it keeps showing warnings about files that "slow the system down" when in fact, scanning my PC with other third party programs didn't show a thing.

Donald A.

Powerful antivirus

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Pros

The agressive update policy keep Avast current every day and fast. The software while being extremely powerful is designed in such a way that it does not drain your system resources, superior product

Cons

Absolutely no negatives regarding Avast... powerful and efficien

Clarence L.

The most complete protection for companies in a single product

Reviewed on 24/06/2018

What I liked most about avast is its performance against other softwares (with some exceptions), the behavior and web shield is not aggressive and does not slow down the computer. Even the free version is still the same business because it uses the same antivirus search engine. Recommended 100%

Pros

For more than 10 years avast products have been characterized as reliable. The business plus version contains the additional ones that your users need to be protected. The sandbox is excellent to test those files or programs that you have doubts, the rescue disk is perfect to recover the stations at a certain point, the software defender, the webcam shield, including creating a secure line of vpn are very important for data protection.

Cons

Perhaps the negative point is that they have not yet developed for Linux distributions, and several antivirus houses have it in their products.

Industry: Civil Engineering

Avast the Best Antivirus Protection

Reviewed on 5/06/2019

When we are connected to the company network and when sharing files or documents, Avast can be little annoying with it’s safety measures. Although we trust the sender or receiver, still avast makes it difficult to get connected continuously.

Pros

Avast was the best antivirus software I have ever comeup with. This is because, Avast won’t drop your pc speed. No matter which platform your are working on, Avast will work on your background and it will keep you protected as promised. But it will never interrupt or slow down your work which makes it the best among antivirus softwares.

Cons

Avast is not good with phishing attacks. Although it is perfect as a antivirus software, vulnerable to phishing attacks. So always you need to be extra cautious of phishing attacks when you are browsing.

Guillermo G.
Industry: Education Management

The ideal antivirus

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

I have used other antivirus, some of them very famous and trusted, and I have never been able to find one with which I feel comfortable (until avast). You usually have constant pop-ups with warnings about simple tasks, which causes me fatigue and it takes me to uninstall the product. Avast is the only antivirus that for days does not emit a single annoying message, and for me, this is one of the most important factors. I´ll never change the antivirus again.

Pros

1) Easy to use, configure and install. Comfortable dashboard.
2) It has no annoying warnings, notifications are always justified (for example, when you first run an application that is unknown to the antivirus).
3) Amazing extras, such as a virtual private network. This helped me a lot because the ISP that I use at home has some ports restricted.
4) Good performance and integration with your PC and mobile.

Cons

Sometimes it blocks legitimate websites and I´ve to turn it off to prevent "
false positives".

Aixvani jesus G.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

pros and cons Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus

Reviewed on 20/08/2018

It's a very complete antivirus that keeps you protected against malicious programs during Internet browsing, use of online applications and threats hosted on removable media, all without compromising the performance of the computer that executes it.

Pros

- Is one of the best options for free protection.
- Has AntiSpyware.
- Has AntiRootkit.
- Constant update of your virus database.
- Real-time monitoring of each of the applications running on the computer (P2P,
instant messaging, etc)
- Ability to detect malicious code even when they are not in your database.
- Detailed examination of compressed and executable files.

Cons

- Has Pop-Ups.
- It does not have rasomware protection.
- Does not have protection against Backdoors.
- It does not hide your IP very well.
- Does not have Parental Control.

Adyerin V.

It is easy to configure and use, and provides good protection against viruses and malicious software

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

It has allowed me to keep my PC free of viruses and malicious software, giving me peace of mind when I'm working with my pc

Pros

It is compatible with all windows versions, it does not consume many hardaware resources with 256 MB of RAM. 1.5 GB of free hard disk space works.
It is the best antivirus protection with anti-spyware, anti-rootkit and a strong self-protection built into itself to prevent any malware from disconnecting it. Update your database of virus definitions daily.
It has a good heuristic; that is the technique used by antivirus to recognize malicious codes such as viruses, worms, Trojans, among others. and that are not in your database. Like most antivirus, it protects in real time and also monitors the most common ways of virus entry, such as P2P programs, instant messaging programs and email.
It is an antivirus that detects viruses of all types (Trojan or spies) even those that are capable of modifying themselves. Avast incorporates a very useful tool to protect the system called 'WebRep. Its operation determines the range of danger of the web pages visited, classifying them by a system of colors. It has a free trial version for you to try and you can say acquire it

Cons

Annoying alerts: Avast! They can be quite annoying. They come activated by default. Free aversion does not have the same functionality as pay. On the other hand it puts a little slow the pc

Industry: Biotechnology

A great all around option for business security.

Reviewed on 23/04/2019

Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus is a respectable and honest company that works hard to protect your information online. I highly recommend their team.

Pros

Avast has always done a great job communicating with the latest security developments. I appreciate their weekly (can be modified) emails that include stopped breaches and attacks. Our organization has trusted Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus for years and we couldn't ask for more. It provides peace of mind as we share lots of confidential client information on our servers.

Cons

The pricing isn't the best part of Avast, but in the cyber-security market you get what you pay for. I have heard horror stories from colleagues in the field that went with 'free' options.

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Price is right for small business

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

This product provided all the security we needed for our system and multiple devices. While there were other products you can purchase the Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus met all of our needs without additional software. The customer service team is great to work with and helpful.

Pros

This software covers all my small business and personal needs and devices, whether on windows or a server and includes mac devices. The pricing is good with a seat price and no minimum, so I could add or downgrade as my needs changed.

Cons

There are too many options...they also have small office protection and loads of other products that seem to cross over each other. It was confusing choosing which of their product line to select, even with their selection wizard.

Praneeth K.

Safe Secure and Stable

Reviewed on 27/04/2019

Avast was the best option I could find when I first purchased my PC 10 years ago. This has been my trusted Antivirus since then either at office or home PC which never caused me any problem over this decade. Hence I may not look for any alternatives

Pros

Avast is most dynamic Antivirus that keep on updating with regular updates which is most important in the threat prone digital world. Like the ease of use of this Antivirus system. Have to appreciate Avast because it doesn't waste my computer's CPU and keeps my system faster.

Cons

Didn't like that Avast Password protector plugin for Chrome and I was forced to install Avast secure browser which is not required for me. Price should have been feasible for the normal individual users

Tyler P.
Industry: Real Estate

Best Anti Virus software on the market

Reviewed on 24/12/2019

In today's digital world, there's a lot of different ways your PC can get infected with Malware. Avast by far is the best program that will help scan your computer for viruses and malware.

Pros

Extremely quick at scanning files and determining if programs that you have been infected based on how the program is functioning. Another great aspect is its user-oriented features such as VPN protection and browser clean up.

Cons

Installation is the only aspect of the program that I'm not the biggest fan of as there's several requirements needed in order to download . Another dislike is it slows down the performance of my computer at times when I'm running CPU intensive software but other than that there are no problems.

Quick and Complete Protection Solution for the business network

Reviewed on 7/07/2018

Very low cost, provides a robust security for the company giving you peace of mind and confidence

Pros

It has a very broad database which can be updated on the internet, it provides immediate protection through the anti spam tool detecting instantly the viruses that may be attacking the computer, the intelligent analysis maximizes the performance of the program detecting malware or updating the software if you encounter any problem, provide the solutions for them, you can have security when surfing the Internet, you have Sandbox which is a tool that virtually isolates documents to be opened in a more secure way, by downloading unrecognized files The avast database is automatically sent to the avast experts so that it can be analyzed immediately to verify whether it is safe or not.

Cons

It consumes many recuersos in the machine, of not having Internet the data of the antivirus is not updated, it is not possible to be carried out block by means of words, it is not effective hiding the IP of the computer.

Mohamed A.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A lite antivirus with big functionality

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Good quality antivirus

Pros

I liked the easiness of use and not killing my ram and processor.
It captures the viruses and report it instantly.
It controls every thing happens on your computer and data flows.

Cons

It is little bid annoying actually. Every 5 sec gives a notification.
If I run the scan, it will report every single issue. They might be a lot.

Petr V.
Industry: Wholesale
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

reliable antivirus

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

Pros

Favorable volume license price, fast updates and speed.

Cons

Some types of antivirus threats are detected only during the overall test.

Preston K.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great Protection, Great Value

Reviewed on 28/02/2019

I have had Avast save me from both Malware and Hackers that have come through emails.It is a good guard against most things that can harm as well as looks at all my software for updates and reminds me when I need it.

Pros

I like the fact that the software covers all your needs. From Virus Scans to Ransomware Shield it is a complete package. I love the Password manager and the VPN.

Cons

Make it easier to use on all your equipment with one software package that covers all your needs. I want to be upgraded when needed but not sold a new software package that I now have a new date to keep up with. I am just now getting it under control and I find you come out something new and here we go again.

Industry: Higher Education

A solid antivirus soluttion

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Pros

Avast is an effective antivirus software. While this is not unique, I do find that Avast runs more smoothly in the background than many other options. In a large organization that has multiple computers of various ages/processors, this is important to keep in mind. Our last antivirus worked well on the newest machines, but put serious strain on some of the older systems. As such, Avast seems to be quite popular as it causes far less in the way of computer slow-downs to the end user.

Cons

We had a hard time creating a default system-wide plan, that wouldn’t be able to be editable by the end-users.

Lukáš G.
Industry: Financial Services

They protect me for more than decade!

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

Pros

When I in past was selecting the Antivirus for my computer, the Avast was a good choice between price, features and computer resource usage. When i used antivirus from other company, it has noticeably bigger resource usage and this makes them useless. And nowdays i still using Avast for my PC and i'm still satisfied by the protection, pricing model and by the usage.
- Low resource usage
- Protection coverage
- Lot of features
- Support forum

Cons

I don't like popups which sometimes are displayed and otherwise i didn't found any issues and problems, so i can't type more least like comments about Avast.

Triya M.

Cool and Smart product with latest tech for your business protection

Reviewed on 21/04/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Ideal solution for SOHO networks of up to 199 computers and no servers. So, it becomes ideal for Small and medium businesses who need to protect their workstations and don't need to pay additionally for the server protection.Also, depending on the network configuration, it offers the choice of consoles which is a very unique feature.

Further, one issue which I have always faced with antivirus solutions is that they tend to occupy a lot of resources and critically slow down the machine. Thankfully, with Avast this is not the case. It takes moderate resources and there is no noticeable slow down of the machine. Also, the ability of Enterprise Administration Console to support mobile devices is good to have.

Cons

It is only effective when the devices are within the network. Once the device is out of the network, It does not provide a way to protect data located on stolen/lost devices.

Heather H.
Industry: Arts & Crafts
Company size: Self Employed

Love this antivirus!

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

Great product that provides me with peace of mind. I know I'm protected when using avast and would recommend it to anyone thinking about virus protection.

Pros

Avast has to be one of my top 5 antivirus programs I've used. I like to use it in combination with malware software to cover all my bases. Easy to use and has a great track record so you know you are getting a good product. I haven't had any issues since using this software and it keeps me protected.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about this software. It works well and does what it says it will. No issues.