Edvance360

Web-based LMS for corporations, built on social learning.

4.6 /5 (116 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.7
4.4
4.5
4.7
Toshiki H.
Industry: Internet

A painless way to learn.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 10/10/2017

a lot

Pros

Using this software, it was easy for me to learn my classes that I need to learn. I actually prefer to learn this way and hope I will be using this software next year.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like about this software was the UI on my phone. Other than that I had no problems with it.

Response from Edvance360

Toshiki, thank you for the feedback. Your school is on an older version, we believe. If they will upgrade to Version 8.1, we believe you will love the mobile interface.

Terri W.

Edvance360 benefits School of Nursing

Reviewed on 17/01/2017

We are a small rural School of Nursing with approximately 60-70 students. Today's student population is technologically oriented, and we needed a way to best meet their needs. Approximately 7 years ago we embarked on a journey to find a Learning Management System. We found most of the systems were designed for larger schools and had a cost that was well beyond our reach. I was attending a nursing seminar when I first met a representative from Edvance360. After hearing about the product, I set up a demonstration webinar. All of our Faculty members attended and were immediately impressed by the ease of use and the training and support that was available. At that time, several of our experienced faculty members were not as computer literate as others, so we needed a product all could use. We purchased and implemented Edvance360 with many positive responses from students. Initially we limited the use of some of the features to insure equality for all faculty implementing the technology. Over the following year we expanded the number of features we utilized; this slower introduction to features allowed all faculty to learn and master each feature regardless of their individual computer skills. It did not take long for all faculty to become comfortable with using the product. The system is extremely easy to use and implement. Students and faculty both love the enhanced communication between faculty and users via internal emails, discussion posts, and wikis. Lessons organize the material being presented and empower students to come to class well-prepared. Students appreciate having all course resources available in one location where they can access materials from any computer. Faculty appreciate the survey tools where responses are tallied automatically allowing instant access to results. This provides opportunity for immediate changes if needed before the next semester begins. I cannot say enough good things about Edvance360. The technological support, instant responses to any Help Desk questions, and affordable cost makes this the optimal solution for those wishing to incorporate a high quality web-based Learning Management System in a smaller school!

Pros

Lessons
Communication - emails, alerts
Discussion posts, wiki, drop box
Resources
Surveys

Cons

Grade Sheet - would like to see categories on separate spreadsheets instead of all together.

Noah Q.
Industry: E-Learning

Not as Intuitive as Advertised

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 1/11/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Our experience was excellent up until the signing of the contract. As soon as Edvance360 received payment, the relationship quickly soured.

In our opinion, the product they delivered was substandard to the product that was demonstrated during the vendor selection process. If you are looking for an LMS that is SCORM compliant, realize that Edvance360 supports SCORM version 1.2, which is extremely outdated -- the company apparently has no intention of upgrading to the latest version of SCORM.

As the administrator and user of this LMS, I found the functionality to be cumbersome and not nearly as intuitive as advertised. The learning curve is very steep, and some of the fields cannot be modified/edited by the administrator, even though we were told that "all fields are editable". This lack of functionality was not only disappointing, it adversely affected our business model.

From the onset, we felt the "implementation" team never really took the time to understand our business or partner with us in any way to resolve some of the issues we encountered. The Edvance360 management team gave us the impression they didn't care about our company or our goals. Perhaps they didn't value us as client because we are a small startup.

We ended up switching to a different platform and delivery system within the first few months of the contract. We submitted a request for a partial refund, but it was denied by the owner.

Pros

The rapport we established with the Sales representative.

Cons

Functionality, Client Support, Capability, and Technology.
LMS only supports SCORM version 1.2, which is outdated.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Great LMS for Non-Profits

Reviewed on 6/12/2018

Pros

Edvance360 offers all the LMS features our clients need at an affordable price. As a non-profit entity it is important for us to offer a LMS service at a low cost and Edvance360 allows us to do that. Creating and developing the front-end of the LMS and eCommerce page was fairly simple and Edvance360 staff was supportive and responsive. Edvance360 Help Desk is extremely responsive for general issues related to the LMS. We successfully utilize this LMS to facilitate teacher professional development and as a secondary student platform.

Cons

I submitted a request for custom features in August and did not receive a reply. After several follow-ups it was agreed to revisit the request in late fall. I followed up again in mid-late October and have not yet received a reply. More timely communication from the development team would be wonderful. Occasionally we will have a technology issue requiring the developers to be involved. These issues take an extremely long time to correct. We currently have multiple open help desk tickets within the feature queue that have not been resolved due to the development team. Several of these tickets have been ongoing requests/issues for over a year.

Response from Edvance360

Thank you for the feedback. It is important to us that you are heard. Please contact Cathy Garland directly to discuss these requests to see if something more can be done to speed things up. We prioritize custom requests by 1) the number of clients that would benefit, and 2) the cost in manpower (since most customizations are provided to clients at no charge).

Industry: Higher Education

Great for distance learning programs!

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Pros

Since our community is composed of small nearby islands, we can't be travelling every single day just to go to college. Our college has established many online learning system for years and Edvance360 is the most efficient one that student, regardless of age, can easily understand and learn after using it a few times. It provides more tools compared to the other online learning softwares that we previously have tried, like the completion of the work to do, the automatic updates of work done, the automatic grade updates and other bunch of stuff.

Cons

Discussion forums is still useful even after the chapter discussion is done, since it can still be a reference to the next chapter and to the exams as well. So it would be nice if you can still open the previous discussions even after the closing date.

Response from Edvance360

Thank you for you feedback! Not sure if you are a student, but if you are, your instructor's should open a community or group for the discussion instead of just using the discussion tool inside the course - that way it's limited to just the course! Alternatively, they could use their blog for the discussions, which are always available at all times. Your admin might need to turn these things on, but we love your feedback!

Pam K.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Edvance 360 allowed us to build an online university!

Reviewed on 4/01/2017

Edvance 360 provided us with the resources needed to build our very first online university. Their ongoing assistance and support continue to be excellent. We have never experienced any technical issues and we are extremely pleased with our choice of Edvance 360. If you are looking for an LMS that provides quality and value, then this is the best choice for you.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate and build courses from the Admin side. The support team and creative team at Edvance 360 are wonderful to work with.

Cons

I wish that we could build out courses and lessons that didn't require so many steps for the user to get to the desired content.

Response from Edvance360

Pam, you need to see the new Course-Building Wizard in V8 - so easy to build courses now!

Melinda K.

Edvance360 Review

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

Edvance360 has been a great transition for our school. The faculty and students have all adapted well and been able to use the system successfully. There are a couple of features that would be welcome additions but we've been able to work around and find solutions for things that we've needed.

Pros

Easy to use, allows for various levels of admin/user permissions, simple for students.

Cons

Set up can be time consuming for Gradebooks, files are all download only vs view in a new window/tab, we've had various issues with test functions.

Eli S.

As an entrepreneur, this is a great LMS

Reviewed on 12/07/2017

Pros

Due to the nature of my business, not a lot of people I hire know the procedures in which to do things. I can create classes for them without having to spend my time training them, and they get the knowledge they need to get the work done.

Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Fabulous Collection of Advice & Amazing Collaboration Tool

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 19/08/2017

Pros

This platform makes it possible to find out how other Professionals have handled struggles and found sucess handling similar situations that I am experiencing. It allows me to discover new ideas and state goes to try when I have exhausted my own "toolbox". I love that I can have collaborative discussions and problem solving sessions and get input from a group made up culturally diverse professionals.

Cons

So much to choice from and search through one can get side-tracted VERY easily. I always find my self "off track" and it can be hard to find something that I originally planned to engage in.

Diamond A.
Industry: Textiles
Company size: Self Employed

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 7/11/2018

Pros

I used this software while in college and it was wonderful. Great way to communicate with our professors and submit our assignments.

Cons

There wasn’t anything I did not like about this software.

Response from Edvance360

So glad you had a great experience with our tools and features! We hope to be helpful to you again in the future, should you need an LMS for any reason. Best of luck!

Heather G.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

e360 is a great system for online education but not perfect

Reviewed on 14/03/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

All of the cons are relatively minor glitches that can be overlooked in light of the pros of this system. I recommend it for academic institutions that are seeking good online solutions.

Pros

I like the ease of use of e360. I like that you can easily rearrange lessons in the classroom, switch things from week to week, and that it provides a check list for students to go through and make sure they complete the entire lesson. I like the calendar feature and the ease of communicating with students through posting class announcements or using agents to remind them of assignments due. I like that you can embed video, connect dropboxes, or attach almost anything you want to a lesson. Overall, it's excellent for online learning and I recommend it.

Cons

I wish you could attach more than one item to each part of a lesson. The recent update has had several glitches such as ignoring the end date for a drop box, students being unable to see group discussions after the date to contribute to the discussion has closed (it would be nice if became read-only once closed), and it has automatically changed some of the times I put in for closing discussions and/or dropboxes after they were entered and saved. Lastly, it's annoying to have to upload everything to the repository prior to being able to add it to a class.

Response from Ashley

Heather, thank you for your review! We value your partnership with Edvance360, and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience with us. We want to let you know that the E360 Version 8 release, which went live in 2016, now allows for Admins and Course Designers to build their Courses via a "Course Building Wizard" found on their Homepage Tool Panels. This Wizard now allows the user the option to either add Lesson content previously uploaded to the Repository OR to browse their PC's to directly add content from right within the Wizard. If you'd like to explore this feature, or this new Version, please be sure to open a Help Ticket requesting a Sandbox for testing, prior to your upgrade. Thank you!

Industry: Public Policy

Edvance360 is a Solid Basic LMS

Reviewed on 6/12/2018

Edvance360 is able to customize their system to meet specific requirements, which is great for smaller more unique organizations like mine. The support team is friendly and very knowledgable. Once the system is up and running it is very stable and my users find the user experience to be straightforward and uncluttered with lots of screen distraction. The UI is responsive, so it works on mobile devices, another features my users require.

Pros

Using Edvance360 to build courses is very easy. The user interface is intuitive and the available tools are all designed to meet industry standards. Students have an easy time navigating the courses and that is extremely important to our organization.

Cons

The reporting and admin features are not organized well. To get data out of the system, you have to go to many different places inside the admin panel. It really is a patch work of un-united features that was assembled based on diverse customer requests without looking at the admin experience as a whole.

Response from Edvance360

Thank you for the feedback - we always appreciate hearing from all our clients. We agree with you - the myriad of reports that have been developed over the past 14+ years in respond to clients needs have gotten a bit unwieldy. Look for these kinds of usability changes in Version 9, coming in Q1 2019! We think you will be very pleased. If you'd like to be a beta tester for Version 9, please contact Cathy Garland at [email protected]

Whitney H.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great software for getting started

Reviewed on 17/02/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Edvance 360 is a great software if you are starting out, need a low-cost solution or in education. As a corporate entity, Edvance360 can be customized to fit our needs but does have a strong look and feel of an MOOC system rather than a business enterprise system.

Pros

Cost
Customizable

Cons

Educational (rather than business learning paths)

Response from Ashley

Whitney, thank you for your review! We value your partnership with Edvance360, and are thankful to be working with your team to help provide training in the Pharmacy industry. In regards to our Enterprise and Corporate features, we have just released several helpful tools and features in our V8.1.2 that I believe will help you better reach your end users in a less educational, and more business related way. Be sure to check our latest release notes and version updates, as well as put in a request to the Help Desk to activate any new/needed tool that you do not currently see on your interface. We look forward to continuing in serving your needs.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

E360 Review

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

Overall we've had a great experience. When bugs and issues have come up they have been quick to address items and put fixes in place. Additionally they are always open to suggestions and have been able to put into place several items that we're requested to have use of.

Pros

We've been able to customize many parts of the software to suit our needs and to allow faculty freedom in the course process use the aspects that best fit their teaching methods

Cons

There are some integration's that don't work very well so have had to do some extra work to accommodate for that. The video conferencing add on has given us the most trouble.

Response from Edvance360

Thank you for your feedback! We value it highly. We've received some feedback from other clients as well on our third-party video conferencing vendor. Look for it to change in Q1 of 2019!

Andrew H.

The best customer support ever

Reviewed on 6/07/2017

Pros

I've really enjoyed working with the edvance360 -- they provide some of the best support I've seen. I use them to help enable our sales efforts and now that we are using them I'm not sure how we didn't use this before.

Cons

Some of the user Interface doesn't make processes clear to admins or employees. I think with more clear processes it would help out my team of professionals.

Response from Edvance360

Andrew, thank you for your feedback! Sometimes the process need to be tweaked per client - which we are more than willing to do! We sometimes call these "click-paths" or short-cuts. If you'll give us a call, we can walk through them and come up with something that I'm positive will help your admins out.

Dr. sebastian M.

Standard Courses and MOOCs

Reviewed on 6/10/2013

When I was Coordinator of Instructional Technology at Kenrick-Glennon Seminary, we chose Edvance360 over a dozen other options because of its cost-effectiveness, its user-friendliness, and its excellent and prompt customer service.

When I became Director of Distance Learning at Holy Apostles College & Seminary and began pursuing the use of Massive Open Online Courses for the advancement of our institutional mission, it was to Edvance360 that I turned as my LMS provider. Edvance360 has consistently proven itself to be a reliable, robust, and versatile system in responding to the variety of needs of my MOOC faculty and students.

Of course, it's not just that the product is good - what makes it excellent is the support that the staff at Edvance360 provide. I've never known another LMS provider whose top management takes such a sincere interest in resolving even the most minute problem or question. Whenever a faculty member has a difficulty with the control panel, which is rarely anything more than an error on his or her part, the situation gets satisfactorily resolved that day, often within an hour. I never knew the more popular brand names in LMSs to be that quick and thorough.

One final thought - Edvance360 has earned a special blessing from the Catholic Church for the work it has done to advance its mission of evangelization. Pope John Paul II wrote at the end of his 36th World Communications Day speech, "I dare to summon the whole Church bravely to cross this new threshold, to put out into the deep of the Net, so that now as in the past the great engagement of the Gospel and culture may show to the world 'the glory of God on the face of Christ' (2 Cor 4:6). May the Lord bless all those who work for this aim." In helping Holy Apostles College & Seminary do that very thing, Edvance360 has demonstrated that it is part of this summons and is fulfilling its function as a gift from Christ.

Susan M.

Review of Edvance360

Reviewed on 28/05/2014

Overall Edvance360 Pros:
Employees of Edvance 360 have been supportive in the success of my training and continuing education programs.

Overall Edvance360 Cons:
Slow response turnaround on the eCommerce support area.

Overall Edvance360 Impression:
I am very pleased with the support and responses from employees and the entire setup of the program. I would strongly recommend this program to others.

Ease of Use Pros:
I love the ability to clone courses and share courses between users. I am able to keep track of course statistics easily. As part of my CE providership accreditation, I am required to keep track of my students. Edvance360 has made this extremely easy! Participants are able to complete the training and print their certificate of completion without intervention on my part. This allows me to focus my attention and energy on other programs.

Ease of Use Cons:
Any problems I have experienced were the result of my inexperience in the development of online training programs.

Ease of Use Overall Impression:
I am very satisfied with Edvance360. The program is easy to use, even for novices (like me). Any time I had difficulties, staff stayed with me until I had my program set up the way I had envisioned.

Customer Service Pros:
Same day, usually only a few hours, response to questions. In the technical support department, Kate Underwood has gone above and beyond to ensure that questions regarding my training program are answered. Recently, I had difficulty uploading some files. Kate took the time to upload the file and I had it attached and ready for use the same day. The turnaround time for technical support is amazing compared to other companies I have used.

Customer Service Cons:
Up to this time, I have not experienced a negative episode in the customer service arena.

Overall Impression of Customer Service:
Excellent.

Ashley H.

Easy to learn!

Reviewed on 27/01/2017

I'm fairly new to my position and learning and teaching Edvance360 has been simple and very user friendly, not only for myself but for new students and faculty. If I ever have a problem, I can open a help ticket and the response is fast and clear. I would highly recommend Edvance360.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

The looks is not very modern or sleek, more of a functional look. The students cannot see their past courses under the front courses page unless I make the end of the term far far along the road. Would be nice if it just stayed up there for them.

Response from Edvance360

Ashley, thank you for the review. We look forward to having your school move to the new interface in Version 8. Also, your school administrator is in charge of when the term ends, so your suggestion might be a good one for them to hear.

Ashley H.
Industry: Education Management

Great easy option for a small school

Reviewed on 15/08/2017

Pros

It is very simple not only to use but to teach to use as well. Our professors who sometimes struggle with technology are easily able to learn how to post grades and content quickly.

Cons

As we grow in size there are some functions I wish we could have to make some of the office work more fluid and in one place. To upload content to course pages you must first upload to a database, would be nice sometimes if I could just upload straight from my computer to the course page.

Response from Edvance360

Ashley, thank you for your response! If you will move to Version 8, you will no longer have to upload content to the Repository before using it. We've eliminated that step!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Nick F.
Industry: Higher Education

I have been using Edvance360 for my seminary classes for the past 4 years.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017

It provides great organization for classes especially for online classes where students are spread abroad.

Pros

I appreciate the features of professors being able to post assignments online and students being able to submit them online. I like having course pages with the content for each course on there.

Cons

I do not like the emailing system. If someone sends you an email from within 360, you have to go through 360 to respond to the email. It is cumbersome and inconvenient.

Response from Edvance360

Nick, thank you for your feedback - we appreciate hearing from a learner versus say, an admin or instructor. Your perspective is valuable. We will take your suggestion into consideration, but the current reasoning behind the emailing system forcing you back into E360 is 1) it can then track and record your response and 2) it protects you from viruses.

Rich P.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

E360 is a nice upgrade from our legacy LMS system

Reviewed on 4/10/2018

We started with needing to get 100 satellite offices onto a standard learning platform, with local staff at each location from 3 to 50 staff. Our legacy system was clumsy and desperately needed an upgrade. E360 allowed us to meet this goal quickly and benefit from an upgraded experience for our clients, while making it easier for us to facilitate the training courses for everyone.

Pros

Edvance360 is a very thoroughly designed platform that delivers great user functionality. Administrator tools are excellent and Facilitators have what they need to deliver the content effectively as well as track the performance results of people using the materials. The product competes with software in very high price ranges for a fraction of the cost.

Cons

The user experience, like when taking a course, can sometimes lean to the 'basic' side of design, but there are usually work-arounds and the next version of the software has some exciting features to combat this.

Response from Edvance360

Thank you so much for your review, and we're thrilled to hear that our Edvance360 tools and features are helping your team be successful in implementing Online learning to your Staff! We're better together.

Jennifer T.

I love it

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

Pros

I helped a friend homeschool her children, and we used this software. I thought this software was the most amazing thing since sliced bread. You can do so many things with this software. You can create all different kind of videos, courses, you can generate all different kinds of reports, and not to even mention you can track where they are at in the courses!!

Cons

There is nothing bad about this software. When you own it, you will not look back wishing you purchased something else.

Gloria A.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Edvance 360 Review

Reviewed on 16/01/2017

The quality of the product is excellent and it is a great value for the cost. The staff and the students all find it very easy to use. The only function that I would like to see is the ability to send out an "out of office" message for all incoming emails. I would also like to have both a regular cc and a blind cc.

Response from Edvance360

Gloria, we look forward to having you move to the Version 8, which has the new email features you will love.

Katie E.

Great customer service.

Reviewed on 20/02/2018

Pros

They provide one-on -one training and are quick to respond to any issues. The help desk is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

very random con but often emails from the system get stuck in participants spam folders. We are constantly telling people to check their spam folder for things.

Response from Edvance360

Thank you, Katie! Yes, email systems do not like emails from domains like [email protected] or [email protected] - treats them as spam sometimes. Many clients change their default email from the ones above to something more "real" like [email protected] That way they are not treated as spam. Contact your tech support person to have them help you make this change!

Sara C.

Great Support!

Reviewed on 17/01/2017

Edvance360 has been easy to work with. Our staff and users are pleased with the wide variety of features and functions of the system. Edvance360 staff are communicative. We have added several custom features to our LMS and have been pleased with the pace of the project and end-result of the features.

Pros

The software is intuitive, easy to learn and navigate. Interface is clean and modern. Reasonable price.

Cons

A few of the admin features need refined instructions (not as intuitive as other views). The assessment question bulk uploader in not user friendly. We had to build additional security into the platform to administer secure, standardized assessments.