Edvance360

Web-based LMS for corporations, built on social learning.

4.6 /5 (116 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.7
4.4
4.5
4.7

Great LMS for Non-Profits

Reviewed on 6/12/2018

Pros

Edvance360 offers all the LMS features our clients need at an affordable price. As a non-profit entity it is important for us to offer a LMS service at a low cost and Edvance360 allows us to do that. Creating and developing the front-end of the LMS and eCommerce page was fairly simple and Edvance360 staff was supportive and responsive. Edvance360 Help Desk is extremely responsive for general issues related to the LMS. We successfully utilize this LMS to facilitate teacher professional development and as a secondary student platform.

Cons

I submitted a request for custom features in August and did not receive a reply. After several follow-ups it was agreed to revisit the request in late fall. I followed up again in mid-late October and have not yet received a reply. More timely communication from the development team would be wonderful. Occasionally we will have a technology issue requiring the developers to be involved. These issues take an extremely long time to correct. We currently have multiple open help desk tickets within the feature queue that have not been resolved due to the development team. Several of these tickets have been ongoing requests/issues for over a year.

Response from Edvance360

Thank you for the feedback. It is important to us that you are heard. Please contact Cathy Garland directly to discuss these requests to see if something more can be done to speed things up. We prioritize custom requests by 1) the number of clients that would benefit, and 2) the cost in manpower (since most customizations are provided to clients at no charge).

Pam K.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Edvance 360 allowed us to build an online university!

Reviewed on 4/01/2017

Edvance 360 provided us with the resources needed to build our very first online university. Their ongoing assistance and support continue to be excellent. We have never experienced any technical issues and we are extremely pleased with our choice of Edvance 360. If you are looking for an LMS that provides quality and value, then this is the best choice for you.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate and build courses from the Admin side. The support team and creative team at Edvance 360 are wonderful to work with.

Cons

I wish that we could build out courses and lessons that didn't require so many steps for the user to get to the desired content.

Response from Edvance360

Pam, you need to see the new Course-Building Wizard in V8 - so easy to build courses now!

Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Fabulous Collection of Advice & Amazing Collaboration Tool

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 19/08/2017

Pros

This platform makes it possible to find out how other Professionals have handled struggles and found sucess handling similar situations that I am experiencing. It allows me to discover new ideas and state goes to try when I have exhausted my own "toolbox". I love that I can have collaborative discussions and problem solving sessions and get input from a group made up culturally diverse professionals.

Cons

So much to choice from and search through one can get side-tracted VERY easily. I always find my self "off track" and it can be hard to find something that I originally planned to engage in.

Ashley H.

Easy to learn!

Reviewed on 27/01/2017

I'm fairly new to my position and learning and teaching Edvance360 has been simple and very user friendly, not only for myself but for new students and faculty. If I ever have a problem, I can open a help ticket and the response is fast and clear. I would highly recommend Edvance360.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

The looks is not very modern or sleek, more of a functional look. The students cannot see their past courses under the front courses page unless I make the end of the term far far along the road. Would be nice if it just stayed up there for them.

Response from Edvance360

Ashley, thank you for the review. We look forward to having your school move to the new interface in Version 8. Also, your school administrator is in charge of when the term ends, so your suggestion might be a good one for them to hear.

Nick F.
Industry: Higher Education

I have been using Edvance360 for my seminary classes for the past 4 years.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017

It provides great organization for classes especially for online classes where students are spread abroad.

Pros

I appreciate the features of professors being able to post assignments online and students being able to submit them online. I like having course pages with the content for each course on there.

Cons

I do not like the emailing system. If someone sends you an email from within 360, you have to go through 360 to respond to the email. It is cumbersome and inconvenient.

Response from Edvance360

Nick, thank you for your feedback - we appreciate hearing from a learner versus say, an admin or instructor. Your perspective is valuable. We will take your suggestion into consideration, but the current reasoning behind the emailing system forcing you back into E360 is 1) it can then track and record your response and 2) it protects you from viruses.

Liz R.
Industry: E-Learning

Responsive sales team, great value and scale able LMS

Reviewed on 16/01/2017

This was our organization's first LMS. We found the sales team to be highly responsive and the training once we signed on to be very helpful. E360 is probably more than we need in an LMS, but for starting out small it has been a great value and price.

We had some difficulty integrating with our FileMakerPro database. We have a third party that manages the FMP interface so we were stuck trying to get that third party and the tech team from E360 to work together, which was challenging at times. I still don't know if that was E360 or our FMP contractor.

We are a small organization offering ~100 blended courses to just under 1000 users per year. The LMS has been robust and has a fairly easy to use interface for users. I wish there were some more simplified reporting - you have to either work with tech support to create a report or use one templates already created. There are also some features I wish it had regarding automatic e-mailing in relation to a date rather than course milestones. Some of it has to do with our company using an LMS a little differently that other organizations. Overall the tech team has been responsive to our needs and willing to work with us to develop solutions.

Pros

- sales team
- tech support
- ease of getting started

Cons

- integration with FileMaker Pro
- complicated to upgrade to newer versions

Response from Edvance360

It is true, that AIARE is a different type of organization and using it quite differently than many other clients, but we are happy to bring on such unique clients as it gives us a chance to respond and evolve.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Paul B.
Industry: Medical Practice
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The Best LMS for the Money

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

This is sincerely one of the best learning management systems per dollar spent. Others offer some frills, but I don't think you can beat the value of what Edvance 360 provides. I'd definitely recommend this system for anyone seeking a secure online learning tool.

Pros

Value and security.

Cons

Not always intuitive to use.

Patrick I.

Excellent LMS

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

We have used Edvance360 for over three years now and it meets our needs for online learning. It is easy to use and support has been excellent.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility.

Cons

Some minor bugs in the beginning, but most are cleared up now.

Jackson O.

Has the best customer support

Reviewed on 28/08/2017

Pros

I have used several computer learning management systems and this is the best yet. The support has been very helpful in meeting all of our requests to clear any questions or needing help. I have had no problems learning from this software. Anytime I had a problem I called customer support and guided me through everything.

Samuel J.
Industry: Hospitality

For the first few weeks I it wasn't fun at first but I begin to like it as as i get familiar.

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

It promote my work and also help with my time

Pros

the flexibility of the tools to the able to use the drag and drop which let me move smoothly with my work .
I can easily drag a file to where its been needed

Cons

The software guide is too clumsy. for example I ask one of my boys in office to do some functionality for me from the environment using the guide because am full at that moment and i ended up explaining it to him at the end.

Response from Edvance360

Samuel, not sure if you are referring to the manual or the Help Tab (with all the videos and quickstart guides). The manual, since it's a PDF, is a bit cumbersome. We are replacing it shortly. In the meantime, if you or anyone else needs training, it's always available, always free, and just a phone call away.

Dave M.

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

Pros

Useful and easy to use. I use this software to help new employees train so that my time isn't all tied up.

Cons

Old style looking and standard. I personally think it needs an update of some sort, or maybe allow users to be able to customize it themselves.

Response from Edvance360

Dave, sounds like you are on an old version - possibly version 7 instead of 8? Let's get you moved over! Just submit a Help Ticket and we'd be glad to share the process. You can read and watch videos all about the new version here: http://www.edvance360.com/more-info/

Jan G.

Edvance360 - Extraordinaire

Reviewed on 6/01/2015

Edvance360's Learning Management System is truly a state of the art system. Before finding Edvance360, our company had tried 4 other Learning Management Systems that were both cumbersome and confusing for our end-users, could not deliver our product satisfactorily to our customers and were not cost effective. Then we discovered Edvance306, and we have been extremely pleased with all aspects of their management system. The program, while not totally intuitive, is easy to learn and understand. The training program is the most outstanding and most thorough that we've encountered. Technical support is prompt with responses and "fixes" and open to considering suggestions and alternatives that have enhanced the delivery to our end users.
If you are looking for the best in the Learning Management Industry, I strongly suggest you look no further than Edvance360.

Ben F.

Makes learning less stressful

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 13/07/2017

Pros

Being able to learn at my own pace, and being able to do it outside of the classroom is great. I'm happy that this my teacher uses this software.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this software is if your not a motivated individual you are going to fall behind very fast in your class.

Rebecca S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great Training product

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Edvance360 is amazing! These folks know what they are doing and are willing to help in any way needed. I've had nothing but positive experiences throughout the process of implementation. Thank you so much! This product has changed our business for the better.

Pros

How detailed it can be, but not necessary when you don't need a lot of details.

Cons

It is A LOT! I can see why someone would need to dedicate a lot of their time to this, but training is extremely important and I feel all of the options are necessary for the most part.

Jimmy D.

Edvance360

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

When Valor Christian College launched its online program we researched the best Learning Management System for our needs. Having developed courses and teaching online for several institutions, I was very familiar with the leading delivery platforms for education. Edvance360 not only delivered the same components necessary to provide a quality online course, they did it at a much lower cost, and with personalized, friendly attention to Valor's specific needs. I would not consider using another LMS.

Alex C.

It was well organised and user-friendly.

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

It made it easier to get through the modules I have to do which saves me a lot of time

Pros

I think the user interface is the greatest part, it is very intuitive and easy to use and enabled me to get through modules quicker saving me a lot of time.

Cons

I feel like they could use a few extra bells and whistles to go above and beyond. the features are kind of average.

Response from Edvance360

Alex, thank you for your feedback. We believe your school is using an older version of Edvance360 - let your administrators know! There are a number of really cool features in V8.

Stephanie M.

Education made easier

Reviewed on 26/07/2017

Pros

As a medical student, I like being able to take home my education using this software. I'm usually overloaded with school work, but this software gives me the ability to balance out my school/personal life.

Cons

I have not found anything that I dislike about this software yet. I am perfectly content with it. Thank you.

John B.

Edvance360 Feedback

Reviewed on 20/09/2013

Our students, faculty, and staff continually support the use of Edvance360 as our LMS. Edvance360 is easy to use and has great customer service.

Terri W.

Edvance360 benefits School of Nursing

Reviewed on 17/01/2017

We are a small rural School of Nursing with approximately 60-70 students. Today's student population is technologically oriented, and we needed a way to best meet their needs. Approximately 7 years ago we embarked on a journey to find a Learning Management System. We found most of the systems were designed for larger schools and had a cost that was well beyond our reach. I was attending a nursing seminar when I first met a representative from Edvance360. After hearing about the product, I set up a demonstration webinar. All of our Faculty members attended and were immediately impressed by the ease of use and the training and support that was available. At that time, several of our experienced faculty members were not as computer literate as others, so we needed a product all could use. We purchased and implemented Edvance360 with many positive responses from students. Initially we limited the use of some of the features to insure equality for all faculty implementing the technology. Over the following year we expanded the number of features we utilized; this slower introduction to features allowed all faculty to learn and master each feature regardless of their individual computer skills. It did not take long for all faculty to become comfortable with using the product. The system is extremely easy to use and implement. Students and faculty both love the enhanced communication between faculty and users via internal emails, discussion posts, and wikis. Lessons organize the material being presented and empower students to come to class well-prepared. Students appreciate having all course resources available in one location where they can access materials from any computer. Faculty appreciate the survey tools where responses are tallied automatically allowing instant access to results. This provides opportunity for immediate changes if needed before the next semester begins. I cannot say enough good things about Edvance360. The technological support, instant responses to any Help Desk questions, and affordable cost makes this the optimal solution for those wishing to incorporate a high quality web-based Learning Management System in a smaller school!

Pros

Lessons
Communication - emails, alerts
Discussion posts, wiki, drop box
Resources
Surveys

Cons

Grade Sheet - would like to see categories on separate spreadsheets instead of all together.

Dr. sebastian M.

Standard Courses and MOOCs

Reviewed on 6/10/2013

When I was Coordinator of Instructional Technology at Kenrick-Glennon Seminary, we chose Edvance360 over a dozen other options because of its cost-effectiveness, its user-friendliness, and its excellent and prompt customer service.

When I became Director of Distance Learning at Holy Apostles College & Seminary and began pursuing the use of Massive Open Online Courses for the advancement of our institutional mission, it was to Edvance360 that I turned as my LMS provider. Edvance360 has consistently proven itself to be a reliable, robust, and versatile system in responding to the variety of needs of my MOOC faculty and students.

Of course, it's not just that the product is good - what makes it excellent is the support that the staff at Edvance360 provide. I've never known another LMS provider whose top management takes such a sincere interest in resolving even the most minute problem or question. Whenever a faculty member has a difficulty with the control panel, which is rarely anything more than an error on his or her part, the situation gets satisfactorily resolved that day, often within an hour. I never knew the more popular brand names in LMSs to be that quick and thorough.

One final thought - Edvance360 has earned a special blessing from the Catholic Church for the work it has done to advance its mission of evangelization. Pope John Paul II wrote at the end of his 36th World Communications Day speech, "I dare to summon the whole Church bravely to cross this new threshold, to put out into the deep of the Net, so that now as in the past the great engagement of the Gospel and culture may show to the world 'the glory of God on the face of Christ' (2 Cor 4:6). May the Lord bless all those who work for this aim." In helping Holy Apostles College & Seminary do that very thing, Edvance360 has demonstrated that it is part of this summons and is fulfilling its function as a gift from Christ.

Susan M.

Review of Edvance360

Reviewed on 28/05/2014

Overall Edvance360 Pros:
Employees of Edvance 360 have been supportive in the success of my training and continuing education programs.

Overall Edvance360 Cons:
Slow response turnaround on the eCommerce support area.

Overall Edvance360 Impression:
I am very pleased with the support and responses from employees and the entire setup of the program. I would strongly recommend this program to others.

Ease of Use Pros:
I love the ability to clone courses and share courses between users. I am able to keep track of course statistics easily. As part of my CE providership accreditation, I am required to keep track of my students. Edvance360 has made this extremely easy! Participants are able to complete the training and print their certificate of completion without intervention on my part. This allows me to focus my attention and energy on other programs.

Ease of Use Cons:
Any problems I have experienced were the result of my inexperience in the development of online training programs.

Ease of Use Overall Impression:
I am very satisfied with Edvance360. The program is easy to use, even for novices (like me). Any time I had difficulties, staff stayed with me until I had my program set up the way I had envisioned.

Customer Service Pros:
Same day, usually only a few hours, response to questions. In the technical support department, Kate Underwood has gone above and beyond to ensure that questions regarding my training program are answered. Recently, I had difficulty uploading some files. Kate took the time to upload the file and I had it attached and ready for use the same day. The turnaround time for technical support is amazing compared to other companies I have used.

Customer Service Cons:
Up to this time, I have not experienced a negative episode in the customer service arena.

Overall Impression of Customer Service:
Excellent.

Ashley H.
Industry: Education Management

Great easy option for a small school

Reviewed on 15/08/2017

Pros

It is very simple not only to use but to teach to use as well. Our professors who sometimes struggle with technology are easily able to learn how to post grades and content quickly.

Cons

As we grow in size there are some functions I wish we could have to make some of the office work more fluid and in one place. To upload content to course pages you must first upload to a database, would be nice sometimes if I could just upload straight from my computer to the course page.

Response from Edvance360

Ashley, thank you for your response! If you will move to Version 8, you will no longer have to upload content to the Repository before using it. We've eliminated that step!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Rich P.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

E360 is a nice upgrade from our legacy LMS system

Reviewed on 4/10/2018

We started with needing to get 100 satellite offices onto a standard learning platform, with local staff at each location from 3 to 50 staff. Our legacy system was clumsy and desperately needed an upgrade. E360 allowed us to meet this goal quickly and benefit from an upgraded experience for our clients, while making it easier for us to facilitate the training courses for everyone.

Pros

Edvance360 is a very thoroughly designed platform that delivers great user functionality. Administrator tools are excellent and Facilitators have what they need to deliver the content effectively as well as track the performance results of people using the materials. The product competes with software in very high price ranges for a fraction of the cost.

Cons

The user experience, like when taking a course, can sometimes lean to the 'basic' side of design, but there are usually work-arounds and the next version of the software has some exciting features to combat this.

Response from Edvance360

Thank you so much for your review, and we're thrilled to hear that our Edvance360 tools and features are helping your team be successful in implementing Online learning to your Staff! We're better together.

Katie E.

Great customer service.

Reviewed on 20/02/2018

Pros

They provide one-on -one training and are quick to respond to any issues. The help desk is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

very random con but often emails from the system get stuck in participants spam folders. We are constantly telling people to check their spam folder for things.

Response from Edvance360

Thank you, Katie! Yes, email systems do not like emails from domains like [email protected] or [email protected] - treats them as spam sometimes. Many clients change their default email from the ones above to something more "real" like [email protected] That way they are not treated as spam. Contact your tech support person to have them help you make this change!

Johnny V.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

An overall great LMS for your company

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 29/06/2017

Pros

As an Data Specialist, I'm always looking for ways to make training fun. You are provided the option to include videos and checking knowledge of the information. I would highly recommend this to any company who wants to better their communication on new information

Cons

Some of the features like cloning a course could be a little simpler to learn. I had a difficult time learning it.

Response from Edvance360

Johnny, you are right - the course cloning tool is one of our most robust tools and one requiring the most programming on our end. However, in Version 8, we've added some shortcuts that I think you will like.