Genbook

The smart and simple all-in-one online scheduling solution

4.7 /5 (263 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.6
4.5
4.8
4.8
Kelly A.
Company size: Self Employed

Happy user for almost nine years

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Genbook has been easy for myself and my clients to use from day one. I’m constantly getting feedback from clients about how easy it was and how they liked being able to book whenever they wanted. Any little problems I’ve had over the years have always been taken care of very quickly through the support staff, so I never have to worry that something will go wrong and not get fixed. And I get all that ease of use and fast helpful support at a very affordable price.

Pros

What I like most is a hard one to narrow down. There is so much I like, mostly revolving around ease of use for both myself and my clients. But overall I’d have to say what I like most is that Genbook is always working to make their software better, in ways both big and small.

Cons

The only complaint I had for many years was the lack of a waitlist feature, but Genbook now has that, so honestly there isn’t anything else I dislike.

Response from Genbook

Hi Kelly,

This review made our day!

We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote.

We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day.

Red B.
Company size: Self Employed

Genbook takes care of my business

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

Thank you Genbook for automatically asking clients for reviews. I would rarely think to ask for reviews on my own and now I don't have to! I have over 100 5 star reviews on my website! Thank You Gen Book!!!

Genbook takes care of so much office administration work for me, allowing me more time to do the therapies that I love.
-Red

Pros

Ease of use for clients, it is quick and easy to setup their account and schedule.

Cons

clients have problems knowing how to cancel their appointments.
I am not sure how to cancel genbook from sending a review request.

Response from Genbook

Hi Red,

This review made our day!

Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests.

Genevieve P.

Excellent booking system

Reviewed on 5/09/2020

Every time I need help figuring something out, the support team gets back to me right away and their suggestions always work. The team outline easy to follow instructions and I'm always in the know about upcoming changes or new features.

Pros

I love the ease of booking a client in or have the client book themselves in.

Cons

I would love for the online calendar to be bigger and easier to read. It's also very difficult to distinguish between days still available to book and those that are not.

Response from Genbook

Hi Genevieve,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this amazing review!

Caroline B.

Stellar Service to have

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

Pros

Choosing to use Genbook is one of the best business decisions I’ve made. I run my own massage practice & I am with clients most of the time, which leaves me very little time to manage the scheduling of appointments with clients outside of the office. I was playing phone tag with people constantly. Having Genbook is like having a virtual receptionist, my clients are able to book appointments 24/7 without my assistance. Running a business by yourself can be very time consuming, using Genbook takes one less thing off my plate. Thank You!

Cons

Sometimes I have difficulty figuring out how to change something in my standard schedule (ie: adding a random additional day, or opening up another appointment on a day that I’m not usually working). The customer support questions & answers section is usually helpful. If not I consult someone on the customer support team. Also there is upon occasion a glitch & the whole system goes offline but the Customer Support Team is always prompt at contacting me & making me aware of the situation. They generally also fix the issue within a very timely fashion as well.

Response from Genbook

Hi Caroline,

Sienna I.

Easy & Reliable

Excellent!

Pros

This software makes it easier for me to run my business smoothly! Clients can book an appointment at any time, 24/7! It has helped reduce "no shows" from new clients by requiring a credit card to book an appointment!

Cons

1. I would LOVE it if there was an "add-on" option /drop down menu when we are booking clients in our studio.
2. I would love it if we could send out emails through genbook!

Response from Genbook

Hi Sienna,

This review made our day!

Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests!

Ellen O.
Industry: Hospitality

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

I've been using genbook for about 10 years or more. Support is on top of their game. I feel like my voice is heard when I make suggestions. Overall, it's the best on the market in my experience!

Pros

I have tried other software that made it way too complicated for the client and the business. AND my clients prefer using genbook. Clients get notified before appointments and I love the new waitlist option. Keep doing what you are doing. I will never leave Genbook.

Cons

the things that i used to like least like not having multiple bookings has been added. so it really functions the way i like.

Response from Genbook

Hi Ellen,

Seven S.

I LOVE GENBOOK

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

The verified customer testimonials hands down has built a great business for me. Customers love using Genbook too. Customer service is ALWAYS top notch. I love this company!

Pros

I've used Genbook since the company has started. They were awesome then and they are awesome now! Intuitively easy to use and set up so no long staff trainings needed. The customer verified testimonials has built my business single handedly. Genbook is visually pleasing and integrated into social media and constant contact. Customer support has ALWAYS been fast and off the charts fantastic. Pricing can't be beat. I will never switch my scheduling system and that's what I tell competitors when they call. They are always listening to feedback and upgrading. Everyone that uses Genbook loves it as much as I do. ROCK ON GENBOOK!

Cons

The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't sync with square to take payments. Such a shame! I would love to use that feature. I really hope that changes in the future.

Response from Genbook

Hi Seven,

David R.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Genbook removes barriers for scheduling chiropractic office visits

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

My wife and I are solo practitioners in our chiropractic office. It was difficult keeping up with missed phone calls while we were checking our patients. Most patients were calling to schedule an appointment. This made it possible for them to do so, literally 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! We have night-shift nurses who are unable to call in during regular office hours. This software removes that barrier.

Pros

Genbook has simplified the process of scheduling our patients. We use this to schedule new and returning patients. Our patients love using it and frequently comment on the ease of scheduling and rescheduling their appointments.

Cons

As of now, there is not a way to automatically follow up with a patient who either did not show up for their appointment or has not been in the office for a while.

Response from Genbook

Hi David,

Elizabeth S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Excellent scheduling software for growing multi-practice wellness center

Reviewed on 15/08/2018

Pros

Ease of use and fairly intuitive, even for non-tech savvy massage therapists. Phone app is excellent for booking and schedule changes. Individual practitioner's can manage their own schedules. Clients frequently comment on how easy it is for them to book on line. You can specify whether a client has to pay before booking (great for no-shows who owe ) or you can block certain clients (great for creepers). Customer service is very responsive. The analytics feature is extremely useful for generating real-time business data. The client database is easy to import/export; great for marketing. You can customize any and all services, including buffers, color coding, etc. Great for a business that is expanding - we've gone from 3 practitioners to 12 in less than two years, and it has met our needs quite well. Pricing is very competitive.

Cons

Some glitches: when a client cancels a session, it's "ghost" still shows up in individual therapist's Google calendar. Can't manage room use booking, only therapist booking. When you delete a therapist (i.e. they no longer work at the center) their calendar and bookings are not preserved so you have to leave therapist on list for at least 3 months after they leave to manage that information. The "lightning bolt" instant-booking discount feature is great to generate bookings but I wish it could be limited to certain therapists instead of applied to the whole practice.

Cori S.
Industry: Alternative Medicine

Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Overall, a great experience.

Pros

Genbook has helped me as a solo practitioner run my business more efficiently. Online scheduling allows for patients to check availability, receive reminders and change their appointments easily. I also like the follow-up and reviews feature. For the price, customer service and ease of use, this is a great product.

Cons

Occasionally, my patients find it difficult to change their appointment.

Response from Genbook

Hi Cori,

Amanda B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

If you book appointments- don’t do business without Genbook!

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

Pros

The ease of use and access for my clients to book appointments anytime from anywhere. Also, I appreciate the automatic appointment reminders as well as review requests. Genbook saves me time and money and benefits my clients as much as it benefits my business.

Cons

Sometimes it can be confusing/ complicated when a client may book with a variation on their name (or using a nickname v. full name) and I’m not able to merge them into one customer file.

Response from Genbook

Hi Amanda,

Kara F.

Genbook long time user

Excellent experience.

Pros

I love the ease of use and set up of Genbook. I've been using it for about 6 years now and it has improved significantly over that time in terms of features. They really listen to their community and work to bring the features that we are asking for. I love the new wait list feature as I am often booked weeks out and it gives my clients a way to be on a wait list other than me trying to remember who's on the cancellation list! I also love the reminders (as do my clients) as a result I rarely get no-shows or people forgetting their appointment times. The app is also great when I'm on the go!

Cons

My only complaint is that with multiple users it would be nice to customize everything (such as lead time) to each practitioner as my studio has a few kinds of practitioners that all have different needs.

Response from Genbook

Hi Kara,

Diego C.
Industry: Hospitality

Genbook has been great

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

Overall no complaints, even when there’s an issue genbook seems to fix it fairly quick.

Pros

As a barber it’s been nice and easy for adding all my services, also very easy for clients to figure out.

Cons

I don’t have much cons, clients wish it would save their card. Maybe create an account for them so they don’t have to put a card in every time.

Response from Genbook

Hi Diego,

Seth P.
Industry: Medical Practice

Simple, functional, and useful

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

It is like having a front desk assistant to handle my scheduling for me.

Pros

The genbook interface is easy to use, has almost all the features I want for scheduling at my practice, and is pretty inexpensive.

Cons

It could use ability to interface with billing and electronic chartinf.

Response from Genbook

Hi Seth,

Laura E.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Best Investment for my Business!

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

Genbook collects customer reviews seamlessly, and my online reputation improved because of it. It also helped me book appointments more easily and more often, as it’s integrated with Google Reserve.

Pros

I liked specific features: customers can book directly from google, which is how customers find me

Cons

Can be expensive for more than 5 staff members.

Response from Genbook

Hi Laura,

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community.

Allison B.
Company size: Self Employed

Genbook Makes My Life So Much Easier.

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

Genbook has made my life as a solo service provider so much easier! 80% of my services are booked by clients online through genbook. Then 15% directly with me at rebooking and only about 5% clients call me directly to make an appointment. That frees up my time to actually work on clients.

Pros

I love the ease for client to book at their convenience. I also love that Genbook’s tracks client reviews.

Cons

Sometimes interface as an admin for various mobile devices is challenging

Response from Genbook

Hi Allison,

Tabassum A.

Long time user

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

Pros

Synced with google, live schedule, credit card processing

Cons

Reviews are attached to Genbook, credit card saved for one time use, no EHR option

Response from Genbook

Hi Tabassum,

Anne G.

Client for Over a Decade

Reviewed on 16/09/2020

It’s pretty easy and simple to use

Pros

Genbook is reliable and keeps up with the industry needs. It is very intuitive and simple to use.

Cons

The app often advertises my competing businesses before my business. I feel like this practice needs to be more egalitarian

Response from Genbook

Hi Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this amazing review!

Ryan P.

Grow your Business!

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

The biggest benefit is the ability to book appointments when I'm not available to answer/return calls. If I'm with a client, at the movies, asleep, whenever I cannot be reached, my clients always have access to my schedule online.

Pros

Convenience. Ease of use. Clients able to book appointments without contacting me directly.

Cons

Maybe a text option for appointment reminders? But I also assume that will cost more to provide.

Response from Genbook

Hi Ryan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review.

I wanted to address your request for a text feature and let you know that I have shared this with our support team who will respond to you. Your business means a lot to us, so if you ever have additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out via [email protected]

Winter A.

User Friendly Software to Book Clients

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

The support staff is really responsive and helpful!

Pros

I love how easy the software is to use. It makes connecting with clients a breeze.

Cons

I don’t have anything negative to say about the software. I really enjoy using it.

Response from Genbook

Hi Winter,

Kristi H.
Industry: Alternative Medicine

HIGHLY RECOMMEND GENBOOK

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

It's so easy for patients to book and do reviews. Your customer service has always been excellent.

Pros

This is easy for me to use and for my patients to use. I love the reviews feature. It was easy to merge with my website and works well for newsletters with constant contact, though not with mail chimp.

Cons

What I do not like and haven't seen a change in is that there is no way for the business owner to respond to the reviews. I feel this is an important and overlooked by Genbook feature.

Response from Genbook

Hi Kristi,

Mark S.
Industry: Retail

Long Time User

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Does what it's supposed to do, keeps appointments organised.

Pros

Easy to use.
Easily accessible to all staff members.

Cons

Internal bookings do not send email notifications. If a staff member schedules an appointment the only way I would know is to check my schedule.
Not all features are needed for my business so I feel like we are paying for some unneeded features.

Response from Genbook

Hi Mark,

Brenda G.
Industry: Consumer Services

Best Thing I Did In My Business

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

This system allowed me to free up a lot of time on administrative tasks and now I have more time to actually spend with my clients and in my own personal life.

Pros

It allows clients to freely schedule, cancel, change their appointments on their time without me needing to be available.

Cons

That the credit card processing has to go through their service when in the past I could see the number and manually enter it into my own system.

Response from Genbook

Hi Brenda,

Staci E.
Industry: Retail

Genbook is Excellent !

Reviewed on 8/09/2020

Genbook is a easy friendly app to have for your growing clientele. My clients always praise on how quick and simple the booking process is all due to Genbook! It is also for affordable for a small business and has different options to upgrade as your business grows. Modish Braidings recommend this app any day!

Pros

Genbook is a easy friendly app to have for your growing clientele. It is also for affordable for a small business and has different options to upgrade as your business grows.

Cons

Our company love Genbook! There is nothing to say against this company app.

Response from Genbook

Hi Staci,

Veronica H.
Industry: Consumer Services

Genbook User since 2015

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

Love it. That’s why I continue to use it.

Pros

How simple & easy it was to set up. Use & friendly user. Love how you can edit pretty much everything on here. Genbook is great, always developing lore ways to simplify but still keeping it a great booking system over all.

Cons

Least things I like. It’s gotten better, but used to be not being able to block a user from booking if they canceled over a period of time over & over.

Response from Genbook

Hi Veronica,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review and thank you for being such a valued Genbook user for many years!