Elexio Community

Web based and hosted church management software

4.2 /5 (120 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
3.9
4.5
Alba R.

Elexio Review

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

Overall is great ... I usually do not complain and customer service is always great.

Pros

I feel that the way the software helps with communication is great. I like that I am able to send emails as well as text messages to everyone in the database help with time management. I love that the company is teaming up with other Softwares companies to make managing the church a bit easier. Other software like the giving or the website that integrates helps with me no having to update every single are but it all updates at the same time.

Cons

I feel that the look of it could improve. One example could the email feature. You are not able to personalize the emails to the members of the database with better fonts or better details. It is very simple, which is fine sometimes but being able to add videos would be better. Also, for some reason, some people do not get the emails and /or text message which sometimes can affect your communication with the church members. Also, if you are going to send or attach a message to an email sometimes it will not send and you will never know.

Waiting on the company to finish with Giving Booth which they say will take some time. For us, as a church is is a bit hard not being able to offer that service to our members.. so we are just waiting on that. Hopefully, that will be done soon.

Debbie S.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Learning curve high but worth it

Reviewed on 2/06/2020

We have found Elexio’s response time when asking for help to be very good. Tech support is always helpful, patient and thorough.

Pros

Working with individuals profiles is very easy And the data captured Is complete. Very easy to record contributions.

Cons

Generating financial reports can be cumbersome. I wish there was more flexibility in this area. Generating year end contribution statements has been a struggle in past years, but Elexio has worked hard to improve this function.

Shelley M.

Really happy with the NEW Elexio web-based product. Much more user-friendly!

Reviewed on 29/05/2018

We are Mac users and in past years it has been a bit difficult to find database software that is compatible. We are loving the new Elexio web-based option! Very user-friendly, intuitive, easy to manage data. A bit of a learning curve coming from PC-based old Elexio (for which we used Microsoft Remote Desktop). But definitely worth it! Elexio is also aggressively working to make improvements!

Pros

Coming from the old Elexio, the new version is very intuitive and user-friendly! Screens are better layout and easier to view. Simpler report design/management.

Cons

Trying to re-think everything being tracked in "groups" within new Elexio, requires new disicpline and practices to ensure everyone is in correct groupings. Learning curve.

Deborah J.

I highly recommend Elexio

Reviewed on 7/04/2020

Again, Elexio has been very easy to use on a daily basis and is an essential tool for managing both our community and giving. When I do have questions or issues, Elexio's customer support team have been prompt, very friendly and very helpful. I highly recommend Elexio!

Pros

Over the years, I have used 3 other church software systems, and Elexio is by far the most user-friendly and easiest to use.

Cons

The workflow process does not seem to flow easily and is not intuitive.

Melissa G.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Give Elexio Database a try!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017

I am the administrative assistant at a church where they use the Elexio database. I had no previous training with the database when I began my position. I was able to teach myself how to use Elexio and learn basic reporting features. The customer service is wonderful. They are committed to helping you solve problems and work smarter. In the beginning, I had a lot of questions and have learned some great tips.

Pros

There is great training available through podcasts, videos, and articles. The software is easy to use with lots of options to customize your experience. They do offer one on one training and I would highly recommend the additional training.

Cons

The cost of training was more than we could afford.

Response from Elexio

Thanks Melissa! We've loved being able to get you up-and-running and appreciate the feedback.

Charles J.

Great Product, but not exclusive to Elexio and WAY OVERPRICED

Reviewed on 24/02/2017

10yr Customer with Elexio. This is by far the best product (database) they have ever offered. However they charged me monthly for it, only to find out that it is a licensed product from another parent company, and not exclusive to Elexio. Therefore I was able to find the EXACT SAME database with a sister company for cheaper! That's Allot cheaper. Very disappointed in Elexio taking advantage of us like that.

Pros

everything

Cons

As with any product, still needs some tweaks. Some aggregate reports need the ability to TOTAL from multiple groups that happen on different dates, as opposed to just totalling per date. Giving needs the ability to add "SUB-CATEGORIES". Also, Giving needs to be able to "IN-ACTIVATE" Categories. Otherwise you will slowly accrue a massive long list of categories that you certainly dont want to DELETE, however dont ever need to populate in the list again going forward. EX. Jordan Missions Trip 2003. Its a line item that is obsolete years later. Why would it still populate in the list? There are other minor issues. It also needs to INTEGRATE more with the actual FORMS in the GIVING module better, and could INTEGRATE more and better with related website products.

Michael N.

Valuable Tool

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2/06/2020

The database is a powerful tool in our ministry. The integration of database, website and on-line giving provide us with a management tool we routinely use to enhance our ministry.

Pros

Elexio provides easily accessible information about congregates and visitors, helping to personalize their care. Through the database interfaces, communication is easy and quick.

Cons

At the last upgrade, I feel we lost the ability to customize reports and lost predefined reports that were beneficial in our ministry.

Shannon H.

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Elexio Database has been so easy for us to use and easy for our staff to learn. Their customer support has been very responsive and helpful.

Pros

Tracking of contact is key. Our pastors and staff are able to see in one place who has made contacts. Integration with Online giving has been key. Most important, it's user friendly!

Cons

Some of the report/search features can be cumbersome but the Elexio team is constantly working on streamlining their software.

Cassi W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Finally -- all in one place

Reviewed on 1/03/2017

Being a camp ministry, we are outside the box of Eleixo's usual clients. We could't be more thrilled to finally streamline our work in one concise, organized, easy to use database! We are able to do more without working more which is everyone's dream, right?! We couldn't be happier with Elexio and we are thankful for all their work to help us be better at what we do!

Pros

User friendly, organized, visually appealing -- streamlines our work into one program rather than our past 3-4 programs. Customer service has been excellent so far!

Cons

it's made for a church and we are a camp -- being able to customize it more for us as far as terminology, etc would be great! but really -- we are excited to be using it and these things are minor!

Response from Elexio

Thanks for the feedback, Cassi! Love hearing how your camp is using the flexibility of Elexio to do your work. We'll pass your notes along to the team!

Amy G.
Industry: Religious Institutions

All in one church management product

Reviewed on 11/04/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Integrates with check-in, database, giving, forms, website, mobile app and more. Convenient, relatively easy to implement, EXCELLENT customer service.

Cons

The help materials provided are sometimes out of date. If you can't find what you're looking for, give them a call and their support team will help resolve the issue.

Nolan N.
Industry: Religious Institutions

A great product from great people

Reviewed on 1/03/2017

I had experience with some of Elexio's older products which were effective but sometimes difficult to use. Elexio Community has been a breath of fresh air in this regard. Being browser based makes it much easier to access on the go and the interface is much more intuitive. It has been great working with their training team and support staff also. Any time that I run into an issue or have a question about best practices when using their product, I get a timely and easy to understand response and it is great to know that I can call in and get help right away if I need it.

Pros

Browser based, easy to use

Cons

Some advanced features that I would like to see are missing at this stage

Response from Elexio

Thank you for sharing, Nolan! It's so wonderful to hear that Community has come in as breath of fresh air at Grand City Station. We are committed to serving you well, and love seeing that you've experienced everything we work towards. Keep those feature requests coming as we work to build and grow to the future.

Cameron W.

Elexio Database Review

Reviewed on 3/06/2020

Pros

The new database is much easier to read with larger font. The congregation enjoys access to the church address book.

Cons

I think this software can be simplified. There are too many choices and it gets confusing. I also do not like the fact that I have to log in to a different site for database, giving, and account admin services. I don't understand why they can't join these into one. Donors constantly have issues when they try to log in to their accounts and/or when they have to update credit card info. I usually have to just do it for them, which defeats the purpose of the self-serve software.

Richie R.

Elexio has been very useful - a breath of fresh air from other ChMS systems we've used!

Reviewed on 23/05/2018

Pros

We enjoy several features, like a search bar that pre-populates, the appealing nature of each household record and the ability to link giving in a user-friendly way.

Cons

We've struggled to utilize the workflows completely and haven't been able to take advantage of absentee reports the way we used to in our former system.

Joseph C.
Industry: Publishing

Solid database tool, that creates easy access to entire team

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

Elexio is a solid database tool that meets a major need in many ministries, allowing organizations to maintain good control and discretion over the information of their constituents.

Pros

Powerful database tool that grows with your organization, and makes it easy to add members who have access to defined areas and information. Administration is fairly simple and sharing information with teammates is a breeze. Database allows you to easily track giving records and history, attendance, project participation an group connections (classes, ministries etc...)

Cons

It feels a little clunky at times, and the end-user experience isn't as intuitive as I'd like. Having said that, I love the access teammates can have and especially that it's easy to regulate what each teammate has access to or not (like limiting access to financial giving records etc...)

Kaitlyn B.
Industry: Education Management

Helpful database

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 13/12/2018

Pros

I like that this software allows me to connect with others in my church. Instead of having to call the church and ask for someone's number, I can go to the app, find it, and communicate with that person directly. It is also helpful that pictures are inserted next to family members' names so that I can make sure I have a name right.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I haven't liked. I use it in the most basic form: to get contacts of people I want to communicate with and match faces to names.

Cathy D.

Lots of functionality

Reviewed on 8/06/2020

Pros

People search is easy with the App. Giving entry is easy.

Cons

Reports are difficult, too many filters to find what you want

Gary G.

Elexio Products

Reviewed on 22/08/2012

We highly recommend Elexio products!

Pros

We are very pleased with the ministry tools Elexio has provided to our church. Due to its complexity, our previous church management software solution was basically an expensive rolodex. While capable of many tasks, the difficulty and design of the user interface pretty much negated any benefits that the average, every day staff user needed. Elexio's Amp tools have made these daily tasks and our ministry follow-up so much easier. We also love the look, feel, design, and user friendliness of our Elexio website. Mix all that in with great and personable customer service.

Cons

We have experienced no negative issues with our Elexio products or their support.

Tom B.

Clean, simple and easy to use.

Reviewed on 4/06/2015

We have been using church software for over 10 years. It has been our desire to find a high quality, easy to use software that is cloud based so our volunteers and leaders would be able to work from any location. We found that product Elexio. Early 2014 we switched to Elexio and have been amazed at the detail and ease-of-use we have experienced. Before Elexio we were using one company to host our website, another to run our church database, and another to process our electronic giving. We have saved hundreds of dollars per year in just monthly fees by combining them all in Elexio. The mobile app, text to give, provides the ability for any member of the church to update their information from home and makes this product outstanding. I have recommended Elexio to many of my Pastor friends and highly recommend it for any church.

Trevor G.
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Easy to use and pleased with customer services s support.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 23/05/2018

Accessing contact information from congregation.

Pros

That it accessible on all devices and it cloud based. Also able to be accessed outside of the network.

Cons

The reporting needs work. I wish there was a way to run more specific reports. Especially in finance.

Gina M.
Industry: Religious Institutions

It is good when you can finally learn it.

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

More accurate attendance. More accurate giving reports. Online giving went up dramatically.

Pros

Dashboard, Elexio Giving, Ease of searching. Customer Support is great. Always prompt, always kind. Giving reports.

Cons

There is so much - my 10 hour coaching package was nowhere near enough. I am definitely not using it to it's full ability - there is just a lot. I am disappointed that I cannot link to the Elexio calendar through our website.

Kathy B.

Love the app and web based product. Training and support has been good.

Reviewed on 23/05/2018

Pros

We love that it is Web based and user friendly. Support and training has been great. The app is a great tool.

Cons

Pulling specific information is restrictive even with advanced search especially with the inactive/active not part of the search choices, check-in reports are not easy to print only what we need, we have to look for the online giving fees as well as returns rather then receiving notification.

Doreen B.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

The software assists us greatly. It has made the church finance dept function easier..

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 29/06/2017

Keeping up with contributions is much easier.

Pros

The software is very User friendly. It has assisted the congregants to keep up with their contributions.

Anna P.
Industry: Religious Institutions

I use Elexio to maintain our church database.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017

It helps us stay in touch with our membership.

Pros

The developers have thought of everything! I can easily keep up with everyone and there's even a place to upload pictures so I can confirm that I'm contacting the correct person.

Tim T.

The Amp Suite is SWEET!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014

Our church has been thrilled with the Amp products. We've been a customer for many years and was part of the beta testing with Amp Touch. Recently we moved our website to Amp Vibe and have gotten very positive responses from our community. We now use the entire suite of Amp Products and love the way it all works seamlessly together. I highly recommend it to any church that wants to communicate and manage their community!

Keturah S.
Industry: Events Services

Elexio has been an asset to our Synagogue

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

The former database I was using for ministry support was pretty outdated. We are considered by some a small congregation so outdated seemed ok. The reason why I first decided to make the change to Elexio was to utilize children's check in feature. However, that is just a small feature compared to how it has helped me streamline the office here. Our giving has gone up since initiating this product. I feel more confident that there will be less or no glitches in reprots. The customer service is excellent and the training has been very helpful

Pros

It makes my job much easier. It has helped encourage giving by our members which is very important. I have a greater ease of accessing important information. It has been a time saver for me when I do our weekly giving reports.

Cons

it is pretty easy to work with but some areas can be a little tricky. The support team is amazing and makes even the tricky parts make sense and they get me going again. What I like least isn't so much about the software but more about the training video's. Some are very long. I would prefer 30 minute segments. longer video's are difficult to sit through and can be a bit boring.