AutoEntry

Eliminate manual data entry for your small business

4.6 /5 (159 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.4
4.5
4.6
4.4
Daniel O.
Industry: Accounting

Convenient, accurate and time saving

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

Pros

We have been using Auto Entry as a firm for a couple of months and we’re really impressed at how much time it can save, level of accuracy and convenience. As a medium sized accountancy firm we are always looking at options to save labour hours inputting data and so far it is a good inexpensive solution.

Purchase invoices are easy to process, we mostly upload all the invoices we want to process as one PDF and leave Auto Entry to process them, but there are options to process multi-page PDFs and more detailed breakdown. It will read the Date, Supplier name, and amounts, net of VAT and gross including it.

When Auto Entry and QuickBooks are linked up, all the Suppliers, Customers and the Chart of Accounts are linked, to the supplier account and relevant nominal can be selected from a drop down, which Auto Entry remembers going forward. You can ‘’Approve’’ invoices that are ready to import and sync up with QuickBooks.
Sales work very similar to Purchases.

Bank statements are processed quickly and are usually accurate, saving us many hours that our staff would have to spend manually summarising. The files at the end can then be either downloaded as an excel file or imported into QuickBooks. In terms of chargeable time it is inexpensive, freeing up time to work on other tasks.

When we first tried out Auto Entry, there is a chat box and the bottom right that lets you know what advisors are active at that time. They were very helpful at the start when navigating it.

- On behalf of Jerroms

Cons

Occasionally a figure may be incorrect when converting bank statements, however this is very rare.

Sometimes a duplicate items on an invoice may occur when processing purchase or sales invoices, Again quite rare.

Trevor D.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Our experience with AE

Reviewed on 2/10/2020

Excellent. Very good help desk

Pros

Clear , links will in accounting products. Our staff are uploading their invoices and coding on line. Much better than paper invoices floating around.

Cons

Could do with expenses being a little more clear on the page for people not frequently in AE, they have a little trouble getting used to how to do their staff expenses - but we are getting there. Also some features like when an invoice was paid by debit card or credit card. not yet available for Sage users but on the development list. Now owned by Sage I expect it will work even better with sage as time goes on.

Brendan Q.
Industry: Construction

Still having issues with the App

Reviewed on 16/01/2019

There is an issue with load receipts via the App. There’s are never processed on the app even if they have been which means you have a screen full of processing receipts / invoices. All customer support can suggest is to delete and reinstall the app. It’s been on going for months.

Pros

Quick and easy to upload receipts and invoices.

Cons

No customer support. No help at all If you have an problem

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Ceejay J.
Industry: Retail

Good at Posting into Sage 50 Accounts

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 29/09/2020

even when we have to manually put the order number in before we publish, it is still saving time.

Pros

AutoEntry attaches the invoice in to Sage.
the chat is very responsive and friendly.

Cons

It does not automate if you need your order number in Sage.
It is a lot more expensive than the competitor.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Chris S.

AutoEntry for Supplier Invoices Input

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

There are some behaviours you need to learn to get the best out of it but generally few issues. Very intuitive and love the fact that company adopts a consistent approach i.e. if it works why mess with it and upset happy users.

Pros

Easy to use and multi platform via internet Browser. Very good on Apple iPad, Mac and Windows 10

Cons

Would recommend that the document rejection process is improved as it is difficult to quickly check what went wrong or to say download all rejected documents for re review

Tori N.
Industry: Civil Engineering

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - Excellent advisor

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always on hand to help with any issues I have within minutes of asking for help.
Nothing is too much trouble and she ensures all queries are sorted efficiently.

Pros

It is very easy to use and saves alot of data entry time.

Cons

working remotely isnt always as smooth as I would have hoped.

Tom R.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Ease of Use and Integration

Reviewed on 3/07/2020

Previously I'd scan all of my PL invoices to my server drive to allow access and review for authorisation and then enter them on Sage. With AE this is all done as one function.

Pros

Fantastic product, easy to use, intuitive. The ability to split invoices across multiple cost-centers with differing vat rates is easier than posting directly into Sage, not to mention the multi-currency functionality. A Brilliant Product. The support team is second to none, with difficulties being resolved in minutes. A great product

Cons

If I have a wish list it would be to allow copying from the above line as in Sage with the F6 key.......... but I'm being pedantic

Teresa B.

Using AutoEntry for Payables - New user of this Program

Reviewed on 13/07/2020

I expect to save a substantial amount of time and money, having AutoEntry reduce my need to enter the detail. It will free up my time to grow my business and make more money. In today's economy this will help!

Pros

I loved the customer service. I'm new to the product and tried to dabble with entries and ran into problems, the setup stage is tedious, however customer support was phenomenal. I went back and forth with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Tech Support and had the issues resolved. I was able to post and learn what to look for with my first few transactions. I'll see what lies ahead with the other entries such as bank statements but for now, I'm happy with the product!

Cons

The setup of each vendor, with the options in sage to match AutoEntry was a challenge but now that I understand what to look for, I feel confident about what else I can do with the program. I look forward to trying the bank reconciliation but I'm concerned about what pitfalls lie ahead as we prepare.

Liz E.
Company size: Self Employed

Reviewed on 4/08/2020

I am able to remotely work as all invoices are able to be loaded for me to see.

Pros

I find that the Customer Support for Auto Entry is amazing. Whatever time of
day or evening there is always someone to answer and deal with my problem. The invoices are easy to locate, see and print or email if necessary.

Cons

I have worked with Receipt Bank and whilst there are some features of their product that work better with Xero Auto Entry is the product that works best with sage. It would be helpful if Auto Entry could incorporate some of these features ie a n easier way of allocating the bank account that has paid an invoice. This would make the various bank accounts easier to reconcile.

Martin B.

AutoEntry Support

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 9/07/2020

Overall all good.

Pros

As the IT Manager I don't personally use the software very much myself but I do setup client companies and talk client users through setting up the app. Not once have I had any clients come back to us saying anything bad about the system or requiring assistance in using.

The online chat staff are very knowledgeable and helpful if any assistance is needed.

Cons

Sometimes when processing bank statements to get them into Excel format for non-integrated clients it can appear to take a while to process. Having said that, it would take a lot longer if we were to try and do the same using OCR software so not all bad!

Industry: Accounting

Good pricing structure and features, but could do with more development

Reviewed on 5/08/2017

Pros

The pricing structure for AutoEntry is spot on in terms of paying what you use and carrying over of credits.

AutoEntry copes very well with bulk invoices and has a good range of 'rules' to code the transactions. Once rules are set up, they are applied to the inbox instantly, so mass processing for bulk invoices is very efficient.

AutoEntry copes with complex tax summaries and foreign currency quite well.

Another unique feature, as compared to Receipt Bank, is the ability to process sales invoices. Some of our clients use 3rd party software to raise invoices, which does not integrate with the accounting software, so AutoEntry provides a cost-efficient 'bridge' between the two.

Bank statement processing is unique and quite quick, but does require good resolution scans. The ability to import digitised bank statements directly into the accounting software (we use Xero) is excellent.

Cons

We have had some issues with the app, where receipts go 'pending' and never make it to the software. Because of the bugs in the app and the client experience, we stopped using AutoEntry for some clients, but it remains the software of choice for internal processing. The functionality of the app is very limited - there is no editing or leaving notes, it is simply view and publish.

OCR technology is not as powerful as, for example, Receipt Bank, so some supplier details are not picked out accurately.

The support team are sometimes slow to respond (sometimes in excess of 72 hours) and some of our issues didn't get a satisfactory resolution.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Scott K.

Revolutionised the delivery of our bookkeeping function.

Reviewed on 26/04/2017

Pros

Paying for credits, rather than a set monthly subscription.
We initially used Autoentry for our clients who did not use online banking to create csv bank statements, to allow us to on board them on to Xero. This in itself is an amazingly helpful function.
We have now expanded our use of this to include the sales and purchase invoice processing. The ability to identify individual line items is a great tool, for those suppliers clients use for different purchase types.
We now use Autoentry in conjunction with Xero as a document processing function.

Cons

Sometimes there can be small rounding issues with invoices when Xero is calculating the VAT on the invoice.

Terry P.
Industry: Accounting

Was there another way before Autoentry? Goodbye manual input!

Reviewed on 26/04/2017

Pros

An intuitive product that delivers what is says - sales invoices, purchase invoices and bank statements seamlessly delivered into the accounting product (Quickbooks Online) in super fast time.
The access rights are very flexible meaning we can work with clients who we also set up to use it and the recently added App makes it even easier for them.
Its 'Pay As You Go' pricing structure is extremely attractive, with every useage credit available across all clients so there is never money wasted on unused capacity - unlike other similar products.
Efficient, inexpensive, consistent and reliable, all backed by great support - I wonder how I managed without it.

Cons

None at all.
... but I did have to invest in a better scanner to cope with the volume I am now putting through Autoentry!

Jason D.
Company size: Self Employed

Straight-forward simplicity

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

Pros

Easy to use time-saving software. Integrates with a wide variety of accounting software, provides flexibility across my clients. Web-based and the smartphone app, make it convenient. Speedy processing of uploads. Simple to set-up and add people (team or clients) to each account, making it a smooth onboarding process.

Overall a great addition to my offering.

Cons

Lengthy time on gaining help and support, can be difficult to handle issues with clients. Missing items, for no apparent reason can cause frustration, delays and additional cost when needing to re-upload.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Hiten S.
Industry: Construction

Huge time saver on entry and reduced purchase invoice duplication and errors

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Overall, hugely improved the supplier invoice process, easy to use.
Resolved duplicate invoices being entered and saved the company time and money.
Massive time saver on employee expenses entry as each individual submits their own expense and is easy to check and approve.

Pros

Integration with sage was seamless, setting up myself was a doddle and customer service is great as issues get resolved quickly. Huge time saver as we no longer have to use sage batches and also didn't need to have a separate screen to view the PDF invoices on entry as it's all in one screen on autoentry. One of the best features is viewing the invoice directly on sage using the onedrive link. Before this, we had to search the supplier repository on the server. It also helped reduce errors as it detects duplicates, autodetects the supplier and has a learning feature too.

Cons

Can be slow at times and if not used for a few days, the service needs to be restarted. This results in invoices getting stuck until the service is refreshed, however as long as it's used constantly this can be avoided.

Anoop R.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Just a highly recommended efficent add on, an easy, quick & reliable win

Reviewed on 26/04/2017

Pros

Literally does everything - Bank Statements, Sales Invoices & Purchase Invoices.
The credit system is credit for accountants and they rollover on unused credits
Now has a phone app mean it can be used for every function
Picks up individual line and descriptions from invoices is brilliant.
Good customer support form
Multi-currency function works
Works on QBO, Xero and Sage Desktop!

Cons

Expenses module not fantastic - would use Expensify for this all day long
Uses quite a lot of credits fro scanning bank statements

David P.
Industry: Accounting

An excellent time saving tool, a must for all bookkeepers and accountants

Reviewed on 1/12/2017

Pros

Will OCR sales and purchase invoices and bank statements

Easy to understand the interface and get going

Clients love the simplicity of it, as there is nothing for them to do but take a pic on their phone.

Cons

Could do with some further development to start to be able to process email text invoices.

We have to manually send their invoices back to their system for processing, surely this could be automated?

Industry: Accounting

Good, but could do with improvement

Reviewed on 1/12/2017

Pros

Once it has learned where things need to be posted it can make very quick work of posting invoices. Also is very accurate with bank statements (taking pdf and creating a csv from it).

Cons

Very slow upload times, connection from AutoEntry to Quickbooks can sometimes cause differences in what what entered in Auto Entry, if it can't read a bank statement there is no notification it simply just doesn't appear.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Alexander L.

Professional's Product Of Choice For Sobell Rhodes LLP

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

- AutoEntry is easy to setup and use.
- Our staff required very little initial training to get going.
- Our clients love saving time and money with less data entry.
- Excellent 3rd party integration options.

Cons

- The support can sometimes be very delayed and unresponsive.
- Although individual uploads are relatively inexpensive, costs can be blind and rack up quickly if you do not make use of the statements and billing features.
- Processing times can vary between 2-5 hours and you will not know in advance exactly how long it will take.

David M.

Part of a rane of tools to remove the routine tasks

Reviewed on 1/08/2017

Pros

I really like the way clients can email supplier invoices to a separate address, then I get a notification and after quick review they are posted direct to accounting software (Sage in my case but works with most.

I first used the product when it was a bank reconciliation tools but it has developed so much now and has helped me save time which I can better use on other activities to benefit my clients.

Cons

Setting up a new client is not intuitive, a wizard based system may be better to ensure no steps are missed.

Kim P.

A great app but it needs a couple of tweeks

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 1/12/2017

Pros

Extremely easy to use and takes a lot of hard work out of rescue client work. I mainly use it to extract data from bank and credit card statements to produce import files but I have used it for purchase invoices as well. I normally upload documents during the evening so that they're ready for me the next morning and the accuracy is second to none.

Cons

A few tweaks are needed, in particular, when uploading documents the software doesn't actually tell you that the documents have been uploaded successfully, that would really put my mind at rest that the document was being processed without uploading a second time (which I've done on several occasions) - can work out a bit costly when uploading bank statements.

Tom H.

Great bridge between analogue and digital

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

We use this system to quickly and accurately transfer paper based or PDF documents to Xero.

We are long term users of Receipt Bank for purchase invoice processing where clients are interfacing with the app but use this system heavily for bank statements (where clients are unable or willing to give access to bank accounts or download .csv formats) and sales invoices.

The system has an advantage over Receipt Bank for clients that require more detail on invoice processing as the system will extract data line by line if required.

Support is always given quickly and accurately.

Cons

We have encountered few problems with the system

Pricing is always a consideration especially where your staff have got excess capacity but in my experience this is far cheaper than paying staff to do a tedious job

Shirley M.

Really usefull app that works for many of my client's businesses

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

East to send documents - works brilliantly with Xero.
Easy for clients and their staff and for me and other bookkeepers in the practice to all use.

Cons

The webchat feature for assistance is not great and there isn't a direct "contact support" button which would make contacting support really easy.

Elena M.

A life saver

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

Pros

This app is simply brilliant, not only it allows me to reduce massively the amount of time I have to spent doing data entry, unlike the previous app of this kind that could only process purchases and expenses Auto entry also process sales and more importantly Bank Statements.
User friendly and very accurate their AI is very well tuned in even recognizing different scenarios for the same supplier and suggesting entries accordingly.
A perfect way to cut down on time consuming tasks and use the time for more important aspects of bookkeeping and accounting

Cons

I find turnover time to sometimes take a bit too long so that means I have to plan ahead when to process the information and that makes the app not as useful if you have a last minute job landing on your desk

David C.

AutoEntry

Reviewed on 1/12/2017

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. The turnaround time for processing is superb and we have used it for many months and we intend to expand our usage and recommend to our clients.

It saves time and money and I am happy to recommend this product to everyone.

Cons

Some time is not very easy to identify uploaded files. This is a minor problem though. I do not have any other specific cons to the product.